BY NATURE MADE #7 in Sleep & Snoring Aids

Dietary Supplement Helps Promote Sleep Melatonin is a natural hormone in the body. No Artificial Colors No Artificial Flavors No Preservatives No Yeast or Gluten For details call *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. see more...

• Sounds nice,would this be good for Fibromialgia?sometimes...4 Answers
  • How did you choose how much?? Mg wise3 Answers
  • I always wondered if you'd feel the effects right away, d...6 Answers
Nature Made Melatonin 3 mg
  • "I think I definitely fall asleep faster when I take 2 pills instead of 1 but it still isn't that great of a help." in 5 reviews
  • "Whenever my sleep schedule/cycle gets out of whack I take just one pill about an hour before I'm ready togo to bed and it helps me stay asleep through the night. " in 5 reviews
Anna M.
Long Beach, CA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
A doctor suggested I take these nightly to help regulate my sleeping rhythm. I didn't end up using it as frequently but it did help me relax more and sleep better. If you're looking for natural sleeping aids try this and also try chamomile tea.
Natalie W.
For one, this product is incredibly overused and controversial if you look up the research. I started experiencing extreme anxiety attacks that almost completely reversed my sleep schedule. Along with the fact that I've always woken up at least 5 times in the night, my sleep was shot. So, my doctor recommended this. I used it for about 4 months and here's the deal. 1. It is habit forming. Once I got off of it it was even harder to fall asleep and stay sleep. My system eventually balanced out and I'm back to just waking up a couple times a night. 2. It makes your mornings h-e-double hockey sticks. I always had a rule- no melatonin after 11 and a half pill after 9 or I wouldn't be able to wake up for school at 7am. I experienced headaches, grogginess to the point where I had to be have someone else drive me to school and just overall felt terrible. 3. There are other ways to sleep better without medicine. NO ELECTRONICS for an hour before bed. Change that and 80% of people's sleep problems will stop. Try tea, mediation, music, aroma therapy, etc etc.
I'm not saying it doesn't work. It might be necessary and worth it to some people but to me, there are other ways.
Angie W.
Lake Stevens, WA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I sometimes have problems falling asleep or staying asleep. This does the trick. I take it an hour before I want to fall asleep. I slowly start to feel sleepy. No lingering side affects in the morning.
Clair I.
Peoria, IL
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I use a higher dosage of this almost every night before bed! After struggling for years to get a decent night of sleep my doctor recommended this to me! I try to avoid using it on weekends that way I'm not using it too much.
Cari 💋.
Davis, CA
I wanted a natural alternative to Advil PM, and melatonin was the main sleeping aid that came up. Unfortunately it was useless to me. I was wide awake, I tossed and turned and was so exhausted but just couldn't fall asleep. Melatonin occurs naturally in the body when falling asleep, but it didn't intensify it at all.
Alisha C.
Beckley, WV
I have a horrible time trying to fall asleep so a friend suggested these... girl am I happy she did! What used to take me 2 hours to fall asleep now takes a fraction of the time after a couple of these and I have a deeper sleep. I am a very very light sleeper but now I don't wake up every time the dang wind blows lol.
Aquilla J.
I would recommend a better brand from a healthy home market or any health food store. Melatonin is meant to reset the body's internal clock. Meaning, it is meant to counter the effects of jet lag, or help someone sleep if they have an unusual work schedule. This is not to be used for general insomnia.
Deanna T.
Richmond, VA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I alwyas have trouble falling asleep.  I think this melatonin did help me fall asleep better.  It was effective. It met my expectations.  I'd probably buy it again.  It was affordable.
Julythza D.
Fort Campbell, KY
Mi esposo es militar y los dias con micho estress no puede dormir... hace poco encontramos que la melatonina es perfecta para que pueda descansar y tener un sueño de 8 horas! Ojo no la toma todo el tiempo pues no sabemos si es adictiva, pero si cuando le hace mucha falta descansar... es muy buena!
Lexus J.
Nacogdoches, TX
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
As a person with insomnia, this helps me sleep through the night-- something that rarely happens. I love that it's an all natural product and doesn't leave me feeling groggy and slow the next morning like medication like NyQuil does. I would definitely recommend to some struggling with sleeping.
Claudia C.
Maybe I am doing something wrong, but it didn't work for me! I am wondering if it worked for you?
kimberly s.
Irvine, KY
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Does this really work for sleep?
Madelynne S.
Does this actually work? I've had troubles sleeping for years and it's gotten to be enough.
Jessie D.
Ive had this melatonin recommended to me by a friend and she says its a life saver on those nights you cant fall asleep, is this true or is she just pulling my leg?
Amy C.
Woodbridge, VA
What are folks' experiences with using this product? How soon before bedtime should they be taken?