BY NATIONWIDE INSURANCE #1 in Pet Insurance Providers

• Love taking care of dogies and making sure that safe1 Answers
  • Just wondering if this is worth the money? We just got a ...1 Answers
Ashley R.
Coventry, RI
I did a lot of research before finally picking an insurance provider for our chocolate lab, Lily. I wanted a policy that was easy to understand and easy to submit a claim with. Every time we go to the vet I fill out a simple form and send over the invoice the vet gives me, that's it. Within 30 days you get an email with what went towards your deductible/ being reimbursed. I highly recommend Nationwide if you're looking for pet insurance. They're very easy to work with.
Alyssa P.
Randolph, NJ
Nationwide Pet Insurance seemed to be the best out of all of the insurances offered, so I went with them! They have a pretty low premium and deductible. They do not cover pre-existing conditons. They are pretty good about paying on claims in a timely manner. I have only had one (pretty big) issue with them . but other than that, they have been good!
Hannah C.
Trafford, PA
As odd as it sounds they really are a great brand for pet insurance.  They cover all sorts of situations and are very easy people to talk to - and not judgey!
Allie H.
St Louis, MO
If you would have asked me a year or so ago, I would have given 5 stars! They had an amazing dog insurance package that covered so many things. Now, they discontinued it and the new plan covers almost nothing. I still have this insurance, but it no longer helps as much.
Rachel C.
Troy, MI
I use nationwide pet insurance for two out of three of my dogs.  I have a 4month old great dane puppy and have the basic+wellness plan which covers check-up appointments, shots, spay/neuter, as well as emergency vet visits or surgery.  The only downside to the insurance is that you have to pay out of pocket, and then submit the claim.  Claims are easily submitted online or through the mail and they have fantastic customer service.  For my older dog, I only have the emergency plan (he gets into a lot of stuff, so I am always worried about that dreaded emergency surgery!)
Stacy O.
Binghamton
I've put a TON of research into Pet Insurance companies.  I find that there are pros and cons to many of them.  I chose Nationwide Pet Insurance because of their nose to tail coverage (Whole Health), low deductible, and zero exclusions - on top of no limit on claims.  One I hit my $250 deductible, I receive 90% back on my claims all within two weeks.  I pay $55 per month for a year old, spade purebred Yorkie.  For me, personally, the monthly fee is priceless.
Angela G.
South holland, IL
I have Charlie (my dog) on nationwide pet insurance and it is great! I never have had one issue with them. They are so friendly on the phone and always refer to Charlie as my baby. I really do feel like he's in good hands. It honestly pays for itself!
aleeza u.
Texas
I have this insurance and it is an OK insurance because it only covers some certain things the customer service is good but I had some troubles in the past with them but they quickly helped me out and refunded me
Maureen R.
Bayonne, NJ
I use Nationwide's basic care insurance for my two dogs. This is one of the only companies that offers separate coverage just for basic health/wellness visits. So far they have been great and have paid out claims in a timely manner.
Ashley M.
Yesss! Love VPI. We have our GSD on the best plan and it cost us $85 a month but covers his monthly flea and tick as well as his heart worm, well check ups and we get back 90% of the bill! Simply just submit a claim and a check comes in the mail! So easy to use and have saved us ton of money from getting fixed and X-rays!
marybeth m.
Warrington, PA
do they cover all kinds of animals or just your typical cat and dog?
Shawndreka W.
Is there a annual deductible for this?
Keara M.
Greenville
Love taking care of dogies and making sure that safe
Mariah T.
Wallington, NJ
Do they cover exotic pets? hedgehog owner here :)
Kirsten W.
Broomfield, CO
do they cover pre-existing conditions, or only new conditions?