BY NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC

This National Geographic Marble White Reptile Sand substrate helps keep waste away from desert reptiles, creating the look and feel of sand found in their natural environment. The sand's nonabrasive texture makes it more comfortable to live with and to change when needed. Only at PetSmart. Features: Helps mimic the natural environment of desert reptiles Material: Quartz Sand Environment Type: Desert Species: Reptiles Color: White Package Weight: 10 lb (4.5 kg) Cautions, Warnings or Side Effects: Do not flush substrate in toilets or dispose of it outdoors in gutters or storm drains. Used substrate is not recommended for garden use. While this product is nontoxic, you should seek immediate veterinarian care if your pet consumes large quantities or if there is a change in your pet's food or waste consumption. Directions: Pour the substrate into your pet's enclosure to the desired depth (typically 1-2 inches). Some reptiles like to burrow- consult a pet care guide to learn more about your specific reptile. Spot clean daily. Completely change the substrate every 4-6 weeks, or as needed. see more...

Buy on PetSmart
Krista L.
Krista L.
Sand should not be used for most reptiles. Every time I see a bearded dragon on sand it makes me sad. Please do your research a d don't listen to pet stores or brands. They will tell you whatever they want you to buy.
Aley W.
Aley W.
Portsmouth, OH
Sand while aesthetically pleasing and easy to clean should never be used in lizard terrariums. I was one of the many who made the rookie mistake of believing that it could never happen to me but after a year of using sand including this name brand I lost one of my best females to impaction. I thought because she was eating regularly and still passing feces she was not eating the sand but after that much time on sand I began noticing that she was no longer eating....I separated her and placed her on carpet and found after her next bowl movement and enormous mound of clotted sand her stomach swelled and she passed shortly after....please if you have any love for your reptiles DO NOT use sand of any name brand this one included....the time it takes to wash out reptile carpet or change paper towels is not worth losing a pet...
Shaelynn N.
Shaelynn N.
Brunswick , OH
Sand shouldn't be used for reptiles. You should use paper towels or news papers. When sand is used it can mess up their digestion. Sand is also a lot harder to clean up while paper towels an newspaper is super easy and fast. If you love your reptiles you won't use this overpriced sand.
Michaella R.
Michaella R.
Coralville, Ia
Bought this on sale for my hermit crabs it helped to hold in the moisture in my take really well. I was having issues with it and I was't sure what to do. Now that I have this sand mixed I have no issues