BY NATIONAL CAR RENTAL #6 in Rental Car Companies

National Car Rental
  • "Always very pleasant customer service, great selection of cars when we go to the lot to get assigned, and quickly upgraded if what we reserved wasn't available." in 5 reviews
Nancy R.
Farmingdale, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
When I used them they told me the price I paid upfront was what it was and no hidden fees or holds. That was a lie. They held $500 which was more than the cost of my rental car! I’m giving 2 stars because of that. The car was immaculate and I would have considered using them in the future however I spent an hour on the phone with someone who was trying to figure out what the charge was and instead of putting me on hold she hung up thus while on vacation I had to waste more time by calling back and going through the motions all over again!
Marissa N.
El paso, TX
National Car rental came in handy for my family and I when we were having problems with another company. We were stuck in San Diego, California and it was about to be 2 a.m. National found us a car quickly and made sure it was affordable. It was so nice because as soon as we got to the gate to pick up our rental car we were given a choice of which car we wanted to take. There were about 4 rows of cars that we were able to choose from. I am definitely going to use this company for any future car rentals.
Kelley M.
JONESBORO, AR
I LOVE National. I love that with certain plans you can pick ANY car to drive. They have beautiful newer vehicles to choose from as well. They have always been so wonderful. They have given me the opportunity to drive so many sports cars that were just incredibly fun.
Natasha K.
Fort Myers
National is a great car for business people. If they sign up for nationals preferred customer program they can just walk on to the lot and grab any car they want without having to wait in a line. Also if the size car they reserved is unavailable Then you get to choose one of the next size up. The only down side is they are more expensive that’s what I have them 4 Stars
Amanda L.
Waynesboro, PA
We recently flew to Orlando on Vacation. We missed our initial flight so our group was separated and we needed a rental vehicle for the first half of the group until the second got there. We tried MULTIPLE companies, but because we needed a bigger vehicle we didn't have much luck. The representative at the National Counter was courteous and very helpful. He set us up with the largest SUV left and as quickly as possible, as he could see we were worn out from the mess of the day.  When we walked over to the rental cars to pick up our SUV, the representative put us into a van at no additional cost to us as well! We had an AMAZING experience with National Car rental and would recommend them to anyone!
Christie H.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
We always rent with National and are part of the Emerald Club. Their cars are always super clean and the staff are kind and accommodating. It’s easy to book the kind of car we want and the prices are a range we are comfortable with. We never feel as though our and our children’s safety is compromised when we rent from National.
Kimberly d.
Hayward, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
We consistently use National car rental at LAX or Long Beach (LGB) when flying to Southern California. At LAX, it resides off site, so you need to take the shuttle to the car rental. It shares the shuttle with Alamo so look out for the shuttle with multiple logos. At LGB, it's onsite, so you just walk out to the car rental office and get your car.
Francesca T.
Fairfax, VA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I use National car rental through my employer and have had a pretty good experience using them. I’ve not had the best experience in having the car available that I’ve chosen online, but all you have to do is make a call to customer service and let them know what has happened and they will get you what you need or ensure you are compensated on your next rental. I know this from experience, as I needed an SUV, but none were available and I ended up leaving with a small car. My next rental is free. Their rewards program is quite good too!you have lots of opportunities to earn extra points by using their app.
Marjorie S.
Newport News, VA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Love the customer service I received when I rented a car from this company. Price was pricey but it was a last minute rental. I was happy that I could rent the car from this company because it was my last result.
Jazzy W.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I rated National 3 stars simply because of my preference, most of my dealing with this rental service has been a long drown out process, so I use them only when I have to take corporate trips for my company, because they’re on the preferred list, but not for my leisure travel rentals.
Jeimy C.
Vancouver, WA
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Would you recommend over other car rentals?
Alicia R.
Dexter, ME
How we'll does National hold up against its competitors?
TRACY O.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
I've read mixed reviews but the 2x I've tried them they have been very rude and NOT helpful. There prices are close to competitors if not a bit more.
gennis e.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Tienen vehículos en buen estado?