National Car Rental

National Car Rental What’s the perks of their rewards program?
Tienen vehículos en buen estado?
I've read mixed reviews but the 2x I've tried them they have been very rude and NOT helpful. There prices are close to competitors if not a bit more.
Start your review of National Car Rental!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“Always very pleasant customer service, great selection of cars when we go to the lot to get assigned, and quickly upgraded if what we reserved wasn't available.” in reviews
Phoenix, AZ
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I recently dealt with national car rental on a trip to Texas. Navigating was extremely easy, I am a member of the Emerald club in the staff was so nice and made it extremely easy to rent my vehicle. If you’re part of the Emerald club all you do is take the bus to the car lot, they have someone there to greet you will explain the process and then you’re allowed to pick whatever vehicle that you’re comfortable driving. I chose not to purchase the pre-fuel mileage but was charged for it even though I had brought my vehicle back with a full tank. I noticed this on my invoice the next day and called customer service and they immediately gave me my money back, this company truly has an amazing staff!
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I didn’t have the best experience with this company. We picked up our car, the car was great, once we went to drop off the car (on time) at our local airport, no one was around to accept the keys so we had to leave them in a drop box. Later on we received a bill for an extra day. I had to make a million calls, and wait weeks before the problem was ever resolved. I also was told I was over charged about $50 which I had to wait a few weeks before that was returned to my card. Not to mention most of the people I spoke to on the phone were absolutely horrible and rude and didn’t want to help me like it wasn’t their job to do so. Due to that I really wouldn’t recommend this company.
Hayward, CA
I have used National for a few vacation rentals and have found it to be very seamless. One of my credit cards includes an “Emerald” membership as one of the perks and it honestly makes car rentals so easy. You can book a mid-size car and when you arrive to one of their locations, you can literally just walk through the “Emerald” aisle and choose any car. No need to wait in line to talk to someone at the front desk and sign a ton of paperwork while hearing an insurance pitch. Honestly the last thing you want to worry about when you start a vacay!
Jacksonville
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
This company is the sister company of Enterprise. They are more higher end. They are expensive compared to Enterprise. I have tried National 3x and all 3x times the staff are rude and not friendly at all. And always seem to be out of the vehicle i rented and want to put me in a different vehicle for more money! Which i declined and requested to have a vehicle at the price I had already booked for. This is why I give them 3 stars. The vehicle are nice and clean but the customer service and trying to force a upgrade is the issue i have.
Folsom, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Rented from this company 10 to 20 times a year when needing to go out of town for work. They always have a pretty good selection if you pick one of the bigger locations like at the airport or a large city. Decent customer service at most locations but they’re always very busy and don’t always thoroughly check the vehicles before renting or receiving so there’s been times where things left in the car or the car was dirty internally which was not satisfactory but was able to make it work.
Federal Way
This started off as a great company to rent with affordable and provided a “free upgrade” due to availability. I was scheduled to return it on a Sunday in Portland Oregon and called to extend the reservation for about 12 hours or (one more day whichever would have been more cost effective) the wanted me to pay about $300 more for that amount of time when my original reservation wasn’t even $100. That added a whole lot of stress to an already stressful weekends thanks national
Everett, WA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I rented a car and it was pretty dinged up so I was careful when checking the car before taking it to make sure all damages were noted prior to me leaving the rental lot. The associate told me that if I see something that isn’t marked as pre existing I could come back inside and notify him or call a number. I chose to speak with the associate instead and he told me to call the number regardless. Than why have me walk back in? BTW it was 4 degrees Celsius.
Sandston, VA
National car rental is easy to use and generally has good rental prices. I love their app and ability to quickly reserve a car and enter your personal information which really streamlines pick up and drop off. The last few times I've use National I didn't have to check in with anyone when dropping of the car. They have a pretty straightforward points system which is nice. I definitely recommend National if you are looking for a car rental on your next trip!
Corona
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I literally feel like I am stealing a car when I go through National Car Rental. If you’re a member (which everyone should definitely sign up for), you literally tell them you’re a member and give them your ID, they quickly verify if you are or not, and they tell you to select a vehicle from designated area right in front of the both of you. You walk into your vehicle of choice and as you leave, just give them your ID and the number on the car. If your credit card is already on your account, they give you your ID back and you leave. So easy and convenient
chicago
Honestly the best car rental company. It’s easy to get rewards as a member, you always get upgraded, I never feel like there is hidden costs, there are always a large selection of cars to choose from, and staff have always been friendly and helpful. National can sometimes be more expensive in comparison to other companies, but I always feel it’s worth it, and you always get that money back in free rental days.