BY NATASHA DENONA

A limited-edition eyeshadow palette with 15 brand-new tropical shades. This limited-edition palette features 15 shades of Natasha's new, long-lasting cream-powder formulas, combined with her classic, signature formula. With a range of matte and metallic finishes in complementary tropical pop colors and pastels, you'll be inspired to create endless looks, as far as your imagination leads you from soft and natural to colorful, vibrant, and bold. The top and center rows are pastel and nude shades that can be applied on the eye lids and the crease, while the bottom row is full of colorful, tropical, and exotic shades for the upper and lower lash line. This set contains:- 15 x 0.05 oz/ 1.5 g Eyeshadows in Peach Puff, Sangria, Fake Tan, Coco, Sahara, Pastel Melon, Nudist, Vintage Taupe, Gusti, Limoncello, Mint Frost, Exotic, Laguna, Tiger Lily, Zena It is formulated Without: - Parabens

• Loving all these like tropical colours for your eyes at t...3 Answers
  • I love this! But is it worth the money?5 Answers
  • Thoughts on the Natasha Denona Tropic Eyeshadow Palette?3 Answers
Natasha Denona Tropic Eyeshadow Palette
  • "Very very beautiful palette ! Natasha did her thing with this one ! I think it’s a must for any makeup artist/lover ! The pigments are gorgeous and pigmented and it has such a good panel in color choice and finishes !!! Go buy it now !!! Lol seriously" in 25 reviews
  • "Natasha Denona’s new, limited edition Tropic Eyeshadow Palette ($129) is sheer perfection! The Tropic will undoubtedly be THE hot eyeshadow palette of spring and summer 2018. So let’s talk about the eyeshadows... The palette features 15 eyeshadows: 10 Creamy Mattes, 1 Duo-chrome, 3 Metallics and 1 Sparkling. One of the first things that I noticed about this palette is that Denona included more mattes shades than usual. The first two rows are comprised mostly of mattes, including warm toned neutrals, peachy pinks and a red shade aptly named Sangria. The Creamy Matte formula is silky smooth and richly pigmented. These shadows literally blend themselves. They do kick up a little bit of powder in the pan but this wasn’t a major issue. These mattes are very versatile as they can be used as transition/crease or lid shades. A warm, peachy pink sparkling shade and a light yellow duo-chrome complete the second row. I suggest using an eyeshadow primer for optimal results. The bottom row is everything! It includes vibrant pops of tropical color. The metallics are absolutely stunning! They are best applied with a flat synthetic brush such as the MAC 274. They’re very creamy with an intense color payoff. My favorite shade is Mint Frost (a cool, metallic mint green) which I’ve worn packed all over the lid. Exotic (a bright, metallic green) looks fantastic on the lower lash line. The palette also includes Laguna (a bright, matte sea blue), Tiger Lily (a metallic, cobalt blue) and Zena (a cool, matte violet.) The only issue that I had was some minor fallout with the more glittery shades (such as Mint Frost), so I’d advise using a glitter glue and/or applying your eye makeup first. Moving on to packaging...The palette has a plastic casing that’s similar to the one used for the Diamond & Blush Palettes. There is a large mirror inside. The shade names are printed on the palette itself which is a welcome change from the attached Mylar sheet used in Denona’s previous palettes. The shadows are arranged vertically to create a complete look. Now, let’s address the elephant in the room. I know that many people consider $129 to be too hefty of a price tag for an eyeshadow palette. Yes, it is a lot of money. However, I think it’s worth it for the following reasons: 1. Natasha Denona’s eyeshadows are some of the very best on the market. You are purchasing professional grade makeup. 2. Denona’s eyeshadows are really easy to work with whether you’re a beginner or a professional makeup artist. 3. When you do the math, you’re really only paying $8.60 per shadow. Many drugstore shadows are priced higher than that! 4. Denona only uses the highest quality of ingredients (such as crushed pearl) in formulating her eyeshadows. Natasha Denona Palettes are manufactured in Italy. I think the Tropic is one of Denona’s most workable palettes considering the shade range. You can easily create a multitude of looks with just this palette alone. Finally, this palette shouldn’t be judged based on swatches alone. You need to apply them to the eye to see them in their full glory. I highly recommend this palette." in 4 reviews
Ellie R.
Tempe, AZ
Although I don’t personally own this palette, I almost bought it last week when it was on sale at Sephora for $75. First, I own many ND products, so I’m very familiar with the quality that normally comes with the high price tags. This palette is normally priced at $129 which is her standard for this size. When it went on sale, I “thought” I had to have it, but I refrained. I saw the palette firsthand at Sephora and I was disappointed in the packaging to say the least. This palette comes in a hard plastic case instead of the normal luxe feeling quilt like case, it felt cheap to me. The top and middle rows of shadows are mostly matte, but they are light as ever! I have a tan/medium skin tone and after swatching a few, I realized that no amount of product and blending would work on my skin tone. These two rows are very neutral with 2 shimmers I think, but very muted. The bottom row is where the “alleged” magic was, the entire row is glitter and shimmer, but they swatched terribly! They were patchy and hard to work with? Normally, with shimmers, you can get a decent swatch with just a finger, but it didn’t deliver, even for $75! I have the Lila palette and I love it, so wondering if the formula has changed? I paid $129 for the Lila palette without blinking, but couldn’t even spend $75 for this one! I’ve even spent more than usual for some smaller ND eyeshadow palettes and blush combos because the quality was spot on! In my humble opinion, this palette was a huge disappointment; especially, being a huge Natasha Denona fan? I thought it might have been a bad tester or just me, so I took a look at the reviews and even looked at some YouTube videos. Thankfully, it wasn’t just me, many others felt the same way. So, my passing on it at $75 was the “right” move in this case, I can sleep comfortably knowing I didn’t cave for just the name:-)!!
Sarah J.
Brooklyn

Amy S.
Salem
Everyone raves about these palettes, but I don't get it. This palette in particular had me expecting highly pigmented, vivid colors. The only shade that had an impact was the mint frost. That dark sapphire? Nope; I had to layer and layer to get color at all and even then, it wasn't true to the shade in pan. All of the colors were like that for me, and on top of that; they didn't last more than an hour on my eyes! They didn't just fade, they disappeared completely. I've never had that happen with any eyeshadow; not even a $10 BH palette; which, by the way, I'd rather use than this one. Also, I was shocked that there was no protective film over the eyeshadows when I opened the case... especially since these shadows are touted as having a creamy consistency. They don't, actually, and that's another disappointment. I swatched before I tried them on and they felt the same as my Urban Decay palette that I'd purchased at the same time. Nothing so miraculous that I'm willing to shell out $150 for. I was lucky to grab this on sale at Sephora and only paid $75, but even $75 is a crazy price on a 15 shade palette, and it's way too much for this one. I can't express how very very disappointed I am. Oh, and one more thing; the colors became muddy on my skin and wore patchy. The only positive I can say about them is that they blended nicely.
Bao X.
I received this eyeshadow palette as a gift from my older sister from the beginning of this year for my birthday and I love it so much. Natasha Denona is an amazing make up artist and I have always wanted to own one of her products. This is the very first product from her that I fell in love with. From the packaging, color story of eyeshadows, and idea behind creating this palette, I knew it was the first eyeshadow palette I had to have from her brand. Because this is the first palette I have ever owned from Natasha Denona, I have no prior experience with how her other palettes and formulas feel like. But in my opinion and from using the Tropic Eyeshadow Palette, I am not disappointed by this product. I love the mates in this palette, they are super smooth and blend wonderfully. The metallics are also beautiful when applied with my fingers. I used a flat concealer synthetic brush and it didn't apply well to my lids without fix+. The duochrome shadows are also very pretty. Limoncello is my favorite for an inner corner highlight at the moment. I'm writing a review now because the palette is on sale for $75. I received it when it was still $129 and I really think that this palette is a great steal for the price it's at right now. The tropic colors are so gorgeous, especially Mint Frost, you won't be disappointed. 💕
Jennifer C.
Tewksbury, MA
First of all, can we just acknowledge how STUNNING this palette is?! This is a total eye catcher, whether it’s in store or just scrolling down the newsfeed - it’s just near impossible to not stop and stare for a minute. This palette screams spring / warm weather and gives inspiration to step out of your comfort zone with makeup and live in color! The packaging is really nice. It feels heavy and is made of a hard plastic / fiberglass type of feel. There is a giant mirror inside, but this palette does not have the protective sheet like other Natasha Denona palettes, which helps protect the mirror from getting dirty. When this palette was first released, there was huge speculation that this palette didn’t contain as much product as her other palettes that go for the same price point. Natasha Denona however did speak out against this and basically said the shadows were pressed differently and weigh a bit less, but there is still the same amount of product give or take. People also speculated that the formula had changed or was different from her other palettes. This opinion will vary from person to person, but I think the formula is still just as amazing! I found the mattes in this palette to be creamy, pigmented, easy to work with & blendable. I haven’t experienced a ton of fall out, none of the shades were dusty or super powdery. All of the shades worked seamlessly. My favorite part of this palette is the color scheme. Natasha Denona did an amazing job putting these shades in an order that visually made sense. Even with the bright vibrant metallics, I didn’t feel intimidated at all when using this palette, which makes this palette very user friendly, even for make up beginners! You can create a variety of looks for all sorts of occasions, you can create fun night looks and you can easily put together a work appropriate day time look! Easily one of my favorite products that I purchased from the spring season!
Amanda B.
morgantown
The palette is stunning. I bought it while browsing Sephora, and fell in love with the purple shade. The matte shades blend amazingly and look stunning on the eye. However, there were a few minor things I didn’t care for. The palette doesn’t come with a plastic piece over the shadows, which I tend to like when getting palettes. My mirror also has marks from the shadows? Pans themselves? That I can’t remove which makes the mirror pretty useless to me. If I blow hot air on the mirror it makes the non normal parts normal, and the normal parts of the mirror abnormal. For the price point, I wasn’t too thrilled about this. All in all it’s a beautiful palette, but It’s not something you need to spend 129 on, there are a lot of cheaper options that are just as good. Another thing I didn’t like was that it doesn’t swatch very well. However, it looks great on the eyes and that’s all the matters.
Paige ..
Overall, I have come to really enjoy this pallet because of its light, airy and summer inspired color arrangement. I do feel like there is a difference in the formula of this pallet compared to her other pallets, however if you get the hang of what these ones are like, I think they’re very beautiful as well. I feel like the shimmers in this pallet are really what stand out, especially when you put them up against the beautiful Matt Kris colors in the pallet. Overall, I did have to take away one star because of the formula being drastically different in so many ways, but I do really enjoy this pallet! I did do a full review and swatches of this pallet on my YouTube channel, Seeking Alexandria, if you’re looking for one of those!
Monserrat L.
What a beauty! 😍 This palette is undeniably beautiful, inside and outside!!! The mix of shades all go so well together. The packaging is simply gorgeous. I love the shiny hard plastic and the simplicity of it. And it comes with tiny holes on the back for easy depotting!! The Tropic Palette includes four different finishes: creamy matte, metallic, duo-chrome, and sparkling. All of these shades have great pigmentation and they blend out effortlessly. The price is hefty, but you’re definitely getting your money’s worth.
Kali P.
Stockton, CA
Versatile, beautiful palette. Colors apply easily and blend well. There's not a lot of fallout and the shadows are not crumbly at all. There are bright pops of color plus transition and highlight shades that work well together, and they're all stunning. Love the variety of finishes. This is a palette that you can throw in your travel bag and not worry about bringing additional shadows.

I thought I might like the Lila palette and its gorgeous jewel tones more than Tropic, but I didn't. Lila's shadows are all pretty dark and tend to get muddy if you're not careful. I find I have to mix in lighter transition shades from other palettes when I use Lila. Lila's formula is more crumbly, too, which doesn't help.
Dee S.
Las Vegas, NV
As a lover of Natasha’s eyeshadows in the past I knew I had to have the Tropic palette when I first saw it. The color scheme really spoke to me and I was so excited to get my hands on it.

Alas, I’m not loving this palette like I hoped I would. The mattes shades blend just as well as before but the shimmers and Metallics are a huge letdown. I bought this for the pops of blue and green and they’re the most disappointing shades in the whole palette. The mint frost shade which was my favorite color takes a lot of building up to be true to the color in the pan. Unlike her past palettes, the Metallics do no stay put once applied. Even with glitter primer I found them to transfer into and above my crease and also under my eyes.
The green shimmer is very lack luster and I’ve tried every trick in the book to get it to be as vibrant as it is in the pan but to no avail.

I’m sad that she felt the need to change her previously amazing formula to one that appears to be subpar in comparison.

I do like the upgraded packaging though, but I’m doubtful if I’ll continue to purchase from her line until she improves her formula.
Harley G.
Rumford, ME
I'm looking at price and I dont think anyone would buy this unless you're super rich. Or it has magical powers... What do you guys think?
Molina V.
Daaaaamn look at those damn colors! I need, but wanna know if it’s worth it lol LMK
Salma M.
Looks a bit fancy how much is it ???
Alexis L.
turlock ca
Okay guys looking for lots of color to do more vibrant and bright looks: Fav Palettes ?!
Hannah H.
Cordele, GA
I love this! But is it worth the money?

back