BY NATASHA DENONA

A limited-edition eyeshadow palette with 15 brand-new tropical shades. This limited-edition palette features 15 shades of Natasha's new, long-lasting cream-powder formulas, combined with her classic, signature formula. With a range of matte and metallic finishes in complementary tropical pop colors and pastels, you'll be inspired to create endless looks, as far as your imagination leads you from soft and natural to colorful, vibrant, and bold. The top and center rows are pastel and nude shades that can be applied on the eye lids and the crease, while the bottom row is full of colorful, tropical, and exotic shades for the upper and lower lash line. This set contains:- 15 x 0.05 oz/ 1.5 g Eyeshadows in Peach Puff, Sangria, Fake Tan, Coco, Sahara, Pastel Melon, Nudist, Vintage Taupe, Gusti, Limoncello, Mint Frost, Exotic, Laguna, Tiger Lily, Zena It is formulated Without: - Parabens

• Loving all these like tropical colours for your eyes at t...1 Answers
  • I love this! But is it worth the money?5 Answers
  • Thoughts on the Natasha Denona Tropic Eyeshadow Palette?2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "Very very beautiful palette ! Natasha did her thing with this one ! I think it’s a must for any makeup artist/lover ! The pigments are gorgeous and pigmented and it has such a good panel in color choice and finishes !!! Go buy it now !!! Lol seriously" in 25 reviews
  • "Natasha Denona’s new, limited edition Tropic Eyeshadow Palette ($129) is sheer perfection! The Tropic will undoubtedly be THE hot eyeshadow palette of spring and summer 2018. So let’s talk about the eyeshadows... The palette features 15 eyeshadows: 10 Creamy Mattes, 1 Duo-chrome, 3 Metallics and 1 Sparkling. One of the first things that I noticed about this palette is that Denona included more mattes shades than usual. The first two rows are comprised mostly of mattes, including warm toned neutrals, peachy pinks and a red shade aptly named Sangria. The Creamy Matte formula is silky smooth and richly pigmented. These shadows literally blend themselves. They do kick up a little bit of powder in the pan but this wasn’t a major issue. These mattes are very versatile as they can be used as transition/crease or lid shades. A warm, peachy pink sparkling shade and a light yellow duo-chrome complete the second row. I suggest using an eyeshadow primer for optimal results. The bottom row is everything! It includes vibrant pops of tropical color. The metallics are absolutely stunning! They are best applied with a flat synthetic brush such as the MAC 274. They’re very creamy with an intense color payoff. My favorite shade is Mint Frost (a cool, metallic mint green) which I’ve worn packed all over the lid. Exotic (a bright, metallic green) looks fantastic on the lower lash line. The palette also includes Laguna (a bright, matte sea blue), Tiger Lily (a metallic, cobalt blue) and Zena (a cool, matte violet.) The only issue that I had was some minor fallout with the more glittery shades (such as Mint Frost), so I’d advise using a glitter glue and/or applying your eye makeup first. Moving on to packaging...The palette has a plastic casing that’s similar to the one used for the Diamond & Blush Palettes. There is a large mirror inside. The shade names are printed on the palette itself which is a welcome change from the attached Mylar sheet used in Denona’s previous palettes. The shadows are arranged vertically to create a complete look. Now, let’s address the elephant in the room. I know that many people consider $129 to be too hefty of a price tag for an eyeshadow palette. Yes, it is a lot of money. However, I think it’s worth it for the following reasons: 1. Natasha Denona’s eyeshadows are some of the very best on the market. You are purchasing professional grade makeup. 2. Denona’s eyeshadows are really easy to work with whether you’re a beginner or a professional makeup artist. 3. When you do the math, you’re really only paying $8.60 per shadow. Many drugstore shadows are priced higher than that! 4. Denona only uses the highest quality of ingredients (such as crushed pearl) in formulating her eyeshadows. Natasha Denona Palettes are manufactured in Italy. I think the Tropic is one of Denona’s most workable palettes considering the shade range. You can easily create a multitude of looks with just this palette alone. Finally, this palette shouldn’t be judged based on swatches alone. You need to apply them to the eye to see them in their full glory. I highly recommend this palette." in 4 reviews
Victoria Y.
Watertown
First and foremost, yes Natasha Denona products are expensive. However, her products, as well as many other cosmetic products, are luxuries. You do not “need” her products, let alone, any cosmetic product. What’s important is that you are happy and you feel beautiful!

With that being said, let’s get into this:

The matte shades are impressive in terms of formulation. I don’t experience any patchiness or skipping with any of the matte shades with the exception of Cocoa. BUT, there is nothing special about the colors themselves. I mainly purchased the palette for the shimmer shades, which are a let down for me. Not only are they all dupable, but they don’t perform like other shimmers in my collection. They are best applied with your finger, which isn’t my preference, but I don’t mind doing so. They tend to develop a film on the top layer and, overtime, will become more and more difficult to apply. Personally, that’s a huge pet peeve of mine when it comes to any powder product. And yes, I realize you can scrape it or ‘peel’ it off, but it’s just NOT worth the effort for a $129 palette. I have much cheaper products and palettes in my collection that require very little effort to work with and that allow me to use my brushes as opposed to my finger. Also, it’s important to note that the shimmer shades ‘Tiger Lily’ and ‘Exotic’ do stain your fingers and brushes. ‘Gusti’ looks pretty in the pan, but is very sheer. I did like ‘Zena’ and ‘Laguna’, but I can’t justify the entire palette for those two shades.

I have quite a large makeup collection, since I am a freelance makeup artist, and I don’t find myself missing anything with this palette. Sadly, I ended up returning it in place for another palette of hers. I can’t attest to her other palettes, besides her holiday palette in 02 Aeris, which also received mixed reviews. But overall, I just did t find this specific palette to be worth the money or the effort to work with. I love and respect her as an artist, but come on, if something isn’t broken, there’s no need to fix it. What I mean by that is her ‘reformulation’ seemed unnecessary. I love when brands can put out a new or innovative product with unique ingredients, but I just feel like this palette fell short.

While the colors are visually stunning, they just weren’t unique and required too much effort for the price tag. Hope this helps!
Jennifer C.
Tewksbury, MA
First of all, can we just acknowledge how STUNNING this palette is?! This is a total eye catcher, whether it’s in store or just scrolling down the newsfeed - it’s just near impossible to not stop and stare for a minute. This palette screams spring / warm weather and gives inspiration to step out of your comfort zone with makeup and live in color! The packaging is really nice. It feels heavy and is made of a hard plastic / fiberglass type of feel. There is a giant mirror inside, but this palette does not have the protective sheet like other Natasha Denona palettes, which helps protect the mirror from getting dirty. When this palette was first released, there was huge speculation that this palette didn’t contain as much product as her other palettes that go for the same price point. Natasha Denona however did speak out against this and basically said the shadows were pressed differently and weigh a bit less, but there is still the same amount of product give or take. People also speculated that the formula had changed or was different from her other palettes. This opinion will vary from person to person, but I think the formula is still just as amazing! I found the mattes in this palette to be creamy, pigmented, easy to work with & blendable. I haven’t experienced a ton of fall out, none of the shades were dusty or super powdery. All of the shades worked seamlessly. My favorite part of this palette is the color scheme. Natasha Denona did an amazing job putting these shades in an order that visually made sense. Even with the bright vibrant metallics, I didn’t feel intimidated at all when using this palette, which makes this palette very user friendly, even for make up beginners! You can create a variety of looks for all sorts of occasions, you can create fun night looks and you can easily put together a work appropriate day time look! Easily one of my favorite products that I purchased from the spring season!
Sarah J.
Brooklyn

Dee S.
Las Vegas, NV
As a lover of Natasha’s eyeshadows in the past I knew I had to have the Tropic palette when I first saw it. The color scheme really spoke to me and I was so excited to get my hands on it.

Alas, I’m not loving this palette like I hoped I would. The mattes shades blend just as well as before but the shimmers and Metallics are a huge letdown. I bought this for the pops of blue and green and they’re the most disappointing shades in the whole palette. The mint frost shade which was my favorite color takes a lot of building up to be true to the color in the pan. Unlike her past palettes, the Metallics do no stay put once applied. Even with glitter primer I found them to transfer into and above my crease and also under my eyes.
The green shimmer is very lack luster and I’ve tried every trick in the book to get it to be as vibrant as it is in the pan but to no avail.

I’m sad that she felt the need to change her previously amazing formula to one that appears to be subpar in comparison.

I do like the upgraded packaging though, but I’m doubtful if I’ll continue to purchase from her line until she improves her formula.
Jacquelyn H.
Jacksonville, FL
First off let me start out by saying that contrary to the debate about the pan sizes being smaller than Natasha Denona’s other palettes, they are not. Weight does not equal volume! Also, the matte formulas are lighter than the shimmer or duo-chrome formulas and legally the weight has to be on the product so she estimated the lowest pans weight. This has been proven and you can also prove it if you would like to destroy two pans in each of her palettes. Now, I’ve seen some individuals swatch the eyeshadows and not be impressed, but swatches don’t mean anything. Eyeshadow may not swatch well on your arm or hand but apply beautifully on your eyes and vice versa. I for one don’t like shelling out $129 for an eyeshadow palette, but the color story in this palette really attracted my attention. Especially the shades Mint Frost and Laguna. They are simply gorgeous! I used both shadows while I was on vacation and my eyes looked so beautiful that I did not want to take my eyeshadow off when I went to bed and that never happens. The shadows are very pigmented, but you have to use the correct type of brushes meant for the different finishes if you want to achieve maximum results. Don’t try to use a blending brush to apply a duo chrome or of course you will be disappointed. Also, 1.5-2.5 grams of shadow is a lot of product if you compare to ABH palettes or any other palettes for that matter of that quality. The only thing that disappoints me is that the palette is limited edition. I love these colors and I’m going to have to buy a back up because I love it that much. Natasha Denona has amazing quality eyeshadow and if your thinking of splurging on this, do it!
Paige M.
Overall, I have come to really enjoy this pallet because of its light, airy and summer inspired color arrangement. I do feel like there is a difference in the formula of this pallet compared to her other pallets, however if you get the hang of what these ones are like, I think they’re very beautiful as well. I feel like the shimmers in this pallet are really what stand out, especially when you put them up against the beautiful Matt Kris colors in the pallet. Overall, I did have to take away one star because of the formula being drastically different in so many ways, but I do really enjoy this pallet! I did do a full review and swatches of this pallet on my YouTube channel, Seeking Alexandria, if you’re looking for one of those!
Sandy L.
Pico Rivera, CA
Ok so this palette received a lot of disappointing reviews but the color scheme was so appealing that I had to have it & boy am I glad I bought it. For me the mattes are beautiful, they blend like a dream, are soft, pigmented & very buildable. I didn’t have any issues with the shimmers either. Most people complained that they weren’t pigmented enough & sure a couple shades took more than one swipe to to show true to the color in the pan but they weren’t bad, so this palette gets lots of love from me. I honestly haven’t been able to use anything else. It’s been my go to palette a little over a month now since I got it.
Ratna R.
I love this palette. The reason why I mostly got it is because of the color story and formula. It really spoke to me and the quality is bomb. I love the packaging too. Did not regret it. Easy looks to come up with esp because of her layout. Is it for everyone? No, mainly because of the price. Is it worth it? I think so cuz I like to splurge after this has been on my mind for 3 months. Her formula is quality. I can’t speak on her other eyeshadow palettes (I have the mini sunset which I like too). The only thing I don’t like is that it’s limited edition.Natasha Denona Tropic Eyeshadow Palette
Monse L.
What a beauty! 😍 This palette is undeniably beautiful, inside and outside!!! The mix of shades all go so well together. The packaging is simply gorgeous. I love the shiny hard plastic and the simplicity of it. And it comes with tiny holes on the back for easy depotting!! The Tropic Palette includes four different finishes: creamy matte, metallic, duo-chrome, and sparkling. All of these shades have great pigmentation and they blend out effortlessly. The price is hefty, but you’re definitely getting your money’s worth.
Maribel F.
Brooklyn, NY
I love the color scheme, I’m a Natasha Denona Shadow collector so I can compare this to the previous ones. It’s pricey at $129 but for the amount of product you are getting and the quality it’s worth it. The Mattes are beautiful and blendable, perfect neutrals for everyday looks but the shimmers changed in formulation, you can make it
Work with the correct brushes or finger but it’s mediocre compared to Lila o Sunset. The packaging also changed, I appreciate the printed shadows names but don’t love the hard plastic. Overall it’s a good quality product but you don’t fix what’s not been broken.
Harley G.
Windsor, ME
I'm looking at price and I dont think anyone would buy this unless you're super rich. Or it has magical powers... What do you guys think?
Molina V.
Daaaaamn look at those damn colors! I need, but wanna know if it’s worth it lol LMK
Alexis L.
Denair , CA
Okay guys looking for lots of color to do more vibrant and bright looks: Fav Palettes ?!
Hannah H.
Cordele , GA
I love this! But is it worth the money?
Liz G.
Is this really worth $129??