BY NASOYA #1 in Low Calorie

Nasoya Pasta Zero Spaghetti noodles are traditional Japanese shirataki noodles that have only 15 calories and 4g of carbs per serving! They easily absorb the delicious flavors you cook with…and will save you about 200 calories versus a serving of regular pasta!  Find in the produce section of your local retailer.

• 15 Calories
  • All Natural
  • Fat Free
  • Vegan
  • Gluten Free

INGREDIENTS:
water, konjac flour, chickpea flour, potato starch, calcium hydroxide, reduced iron, folic acid.

Find out more here!

Average Price: $2.20

Nasoya Pasta Zero Spaghetti Noodles
  • "i got this with my vox box im not a big fan i didn't enjoy the feel of the pasta but it is do able if someone really wanted to substitute this instead of regular pasta it could happen and give you the same feel. " in 4 reviews
  • "It is definitely an acquired texture, but as far as taste goes it is a great alternative to regular pasta!" in 4 reviews
  • "it was good in taste easy to make ,good amount of serving I tried to prepare stir fry recipe from (nasoya.com) it was yummy my daughter and me liked it." in 3 reviews
  • "The noodles take a little getting used to, but these are a great alternative. " in 2 reviews
  • "After cooking these up with some spices, fresh veggies and chicken, it was the perfect guilt free amount for two of us." in 2 reviews
Kathy W.
I had a package of this today mixed it with small amount of soy sauce some pb2 and a little bit of honey. I am doing Weight Watchers freestyle in this product was suggested on our website. I was wondering if anyone else had severe belly issues with this. I spent most of the afternoon in the restroom if you get my drift. I wonder what it is it gave me that reaction I will not be eating this product again
Sarah B.
It is definitely an interesting product. You have to rinse them well to remove the odor. They don't have a flavor and can be paired with just about anything. I recommend cutting them before using otherwise they tend to clump.
Christie A.
West Windsor, NJ
im currently going through my first semester of law school finals and made these to sort of stress eat without indulging in too many calories. ive been GF for years and these taste so good im about to go run out and stock my fridge withe these!!
R G.
Nevada City, CA
5 stars for what it is, 4 stars for overall taste / texture. First off I have no idea why so many people are complaining about the smell of this product. It doesn't smell any weirder than tofu. It has a slightly funny smell, but not as horrid as people are saying. Rinse it 3 times and it has no smell at all. The texture is not exactly what you get with regular spaghetti, but if you are allergic to grains, or cannot eat gluten, or are trying to lose weight, this is a decent alternative. It is made from a root vegetable - similar to yams, plus a little garbanzo bean flour and potato starch. Typically I am not a fan of garbanzo anything (except hummus, and definitely not any GF flours with garbanzo bean), but in this product the garbanzo is literally undetectable. I was making a Mushroom-Beef and a Mushroom-Tofu stroganoff for a luncheon, and had one GF person plus one who couldn't eat any grains at all. I found this product and tried it in the dish, and it was great. I used the Barilla GF pasta (rotini) for the gluten-free person, and this product for the grain-allergy person. I tried both products and thought they were both very good for what they were. A couple of tips: Rinse these noodles 3 or 4 times. I soaked them in a little cold, salted water (like what you cook pasta in) for about 30 min. prior to cooking, drained the water off, and heated it on the stove as directed. When warmed up, I added some butter and chopped parsley, and poured the stroganoff sauce over the top. I thought as a pasta substitute it was really quite good. I think some of the people who are giving 1 star here are either not washing the product properly, are not preparing it properly, or are not used to having to eat products for restricted diets (like gluten-free or grain-free). It is definitely not spaghetti, but darn close for someone who has food issues (or is Paleo) and needs a good noodle substitute. We did not see the issue with the strands being 3 ft long, or being impossible to cut with a fork???? (I have no idea what those people were doing when they cooked these for that to happen, holy cow!) Product was fine! FYI: 1 bag can serve 1-2 people depending upon your serving size.
Sarah K.
wilmington, NC
I received this product in my blossom voxbox, I was interested in trying it especially since it was gluten free. It had come with a recipe that I just followed since it was the first time trying it. The recipe was a Mediterranean dish that used onion, garlic, red/green bell pepper, Kalamata olives, tomatoes (but I used sun dried tomatoes) and feta cheese . It told me to just rinse the noodles in cold water and sauté the onion, garlic and pepper. Add in the olives and tomatoes, then add the noodles to warm up. Top it off with feta cheese. Now it said that the serving size was 2 but I wouldn't count that as a whole dinner or meal. It was good the noodles were a little bland on their own definitely need something with flavor. But the recipe was actually really good. I don't think I would use the noodles with a sauce because they didn't seem like they would hold a sauce very well. Thank you influenster and Nasoya for letting me try this product!
Diana B.
These noodles are special because they contain only 15 calories and 4g of carbs (3 g fiber) per serving. Mostly they are made from soluble fiber that can keep you full for a longer time than just regular spaghetti.

Pros:

Only natural ingredients. Water, konjac flour (made from the root of konjac plant), chickpea flour, potato starch.
Fortified with microelements: calcium hydroxide (Ca supplement), reduced iron (Fe supplement), folic acid.
It is composed of soluble fiber that provides less calories and carbs in comparison to wheat noodles.
You feel full for a long time (about 4 to 5 hours).
8 oz package is good to feed 4 people.
Save u time. You don’t have to cook them!! They are ready-to-eat.
Neutral in flavor so you can use them in any recipe.

Cons:

The smell. When you open the package you feel the earthy smell, which should be eliminated upon rinsing with water. I rinsed them twice very thoroughly, however, I still could feel that unpleasant smell. The good thing is when you combine the noodles with aromatic broth the smell is eliminated.
Very strange texture, reminded me the jellyfish. :) So you just have to get used to that.

Overall impression: GOOD (4 out of 5). I guess with good pairing you can achieve very nice taste.
Amber H.
Macon, GA
I received these in my Blossom Voxbox to test, but I was less than thrilled with the product. Upon reading the package I realized that it read "Perishable. Keep Refrigerated." Well, I read a few online reviews and it seemed to me that everyone else had no issue with it, so I tried them anyway. I was immediately put off by the smell. Of course, I tried rinsing them a few times to no avail. I cooked them up with a little chicken broth, spinach, and feta. The flavor wasn't that bad, but I couldn't get past the texture. My boyfriend wouldn't even try it because he didn't like the way the noodles felt and tasted in the package, so I couldn't get a second opinion. If you can get past the smell and texture (and lack of flavor) then this would be a good low calorie alternative for those who don't want to give up pasta dishes.
Jennifer B.
So I got these complimentary of the blossom voxbox as well and I'm reading the other reviews and I have to say that I understand what other people are talking about. Yeah it smells a little weird. Yeah it's got a different texture.
But here's the thing. It's clearly stated on the package that this is made of seaweed... Maybe I'm biased because I'm Japanese and I grew up eating shirataki (which is essentially what this product is). I think it's different if you eat it expecting a pasta. It's got noodle qualities but in no way is it going to replace your spaghetti like a quinoa noodle is going to. I grew up eating this maybe as a cold noodle dish with sesame oil and sesame seeds with lots of different veggies thrown in it. Just my thoughts.
Rachelle H.
I was a little hesitant when i first some them floating around in the bad, just looked weird. But I am open for trying something at least once. So when I opened up the bag it smelt a little odd the instructions said after you rinse them the smell goes away. Well it doesn't. I tired one plain and they don't really have a flavor but they do soak up the flavor of any broth, they are like rice noodles in that way. They taste just fine in your pasta dish, however the texture is a little more spongy then normal noodles. The texture is a little different but its something you just need to get use to. This is not something I think I will switch to, but is a good alternative for low fat diets or even gluten free diets.
Amélie R.
Portland, OR
I'm not the most creative cook ever, so I'd be happy to try these in something more like a ramen style dish. I heated them up in butter and added broccoli and cheese. It did pick up the flavor of the butter, but the consistency and texture of the actual noodle is very squid-like, which is honestly the hardest thing to get past when eating these for me. They feel a bit rubbery and squishy when biting through them.
I'm interested to see how long these keep me feeling full. I have no complaints about the carb content because I eat pasta and breads more than the average person anyway.
Manerva P.
Who like the noodle in the vox box
Dana T.
Franklin Park, IL
How does the taste compare to using spaghetti squash? If you had to choose between Pasta Zero or spaghetti squash which would you pick?
natalie g.
Bronx, New York
Where can I purchased it from?
Mallory O.
Snover, MI
How do these taste?
Mary Beth L.
Bogart, GA
Are these noodles mushy after cooked?