BY NARS #12 in Liquid Foundation

OVERVIEW:
PURE SKIN APPEAL
Easy does it. Velvet Matte Skin Tint Broad Spectrum SPF 30 effortlessly perfects with medium, buildable coverage. Ultra-blendable. Indispensable. Instantly sensorial. Simply glide and go: its plush, oil-free formula works on contact, delivering second-skin perfection and boosting environmental defense. Helps to blur imperfections, and even the look of skin tone with a soft-matte finish. Wears comfortably, maintaining skin’s natural moisture barrier, while working to control shine throughout the day. Effortless application. Instant gratification.

BENEFITS:
VELVET ILLUSION COMPLEX
Transforms the look of skin immediately and over time.
INSTANT RESULTS
Soft-focus effect:
Transparent Blurring Powders instantly enhance the look of skin by helping to diffuse imperfections with a powerful optical effect.
Soft-touch feel:
The powder’s unique, spherical shape compresses like a cushion, delivering a velvety-smooth, touchable feel and superior comfort on application.
TRANSFORMS THE LOOK OF SKIN OVER TIME
Rose Fruit Extract visibly minimizes the appearance of pores while helping to control shine. Maintains natural moisture barrier, so skin feels comfortable.
PROTECTS AND DEFENDS
Infused with Vitamins C and E and SPF 30 to protect against harmful free-radical damage caused by environmental stress.

HOW TO USE:
Starting with a small amount of product, begin application in the center of the face and blend outwards.
With your fingertips, apply Radiant Creamy Concealer under eyes to minimize and diffuse skin imperfections.

• Is this product okay to use during Autumn and Winter mont...1 Answers
  • Would you recommend this for someone with combo skin? Als...2 Answers
  • is this medium to full coverage? and does it really dry d...1 Answers
Jasmine B.
Review for: Martinique (medium dark w/warm red undertones) more...
Make sure that you get swatched before buying because the colors online can be very deceiving.  I thought I would match with Polynesia but I was shocked to learn that I actually matched with Martinique.  Even though it was a better color match, it was still slightly more orange than I like.

I prefer to buff this in with one of my Sigma brushes.  Since this is a thinner formula, I don't feel the need to use my color correctors.  The finish is very matte although I did see slight oil production after 6 hours.  The consistency is incredibly light.  You don't even feel like you are wearing it.  If you have oily or combo skin, I highly recommend that you use a setting powder and spray to keep your face matte.

This is marketed as a foundation on NARS.com but I supposed that you could use it as a BB cream.
Chase M.
Big Flats, NY
This is my go-to “foundation” for everyday use. I have dry skin but find my t-zone oily by the end of the day. This is a matte skin tint but has impeccable coverage and doesn’t dry out my face or cling to dry patches whatsoever. I love the SPF in the tint because it doesn’t have flashback which is important to me when using foundation. Also, I don’t end up greasy at the end of the day like I do with other sunscreen formulas and I can wear this for around 9-10 hours while looking fresh. The color match is a little difficult with NARS because they tend to stick with tan shades but the terre-nueve shade is almost perfect for me. The shades are slightly yellow under-toned but it matches my pink undertone just fine. Would recommend to anyone looking for an easy foundation. You can apply with your hands as you would for a moisturizer but can get more coverage with a damp beauty blender.
Kat A.
Long Island, NY
Review for: Cuba (medium w/a neutral balance of pink and yellow undertones) more...
I love nars products and this one is one of the reasons why. Their color range for me is awesome because there’s a perfect match for when Im more tan and when I’m pale. I like more of a yellow undertone and their range of warm tones are incredible. This formula is so lightweight yet still gives I would say medium/buildable coverage even though its a skin tint. It glides on so creamy and dries to a satin matte finish-I would say. I cannot rave about how perfect this shade is for me. I wish they made it in the radiant longwear foundation but this will do for now. If your looking for something not too heavy yet decent coverage for everyday I definitely recommend this product. NARS never lets me down! NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint Broad Spectrum SPF 30
Stephany L.
Review for: Alaska (light w/a neutral balance of pink and yellow undertones) more...
This was one of my biggest foundation fails. I was extremely excited for this launch & had so much faith in this product that I wore it to work the first time I used it AND didn’t take a backup foundation in case it didn’t work. When I applied it at first it looked amazing!! My skin looked so smooth & velvety, I was in love. I went to go look in the mirror 4 hours into my shift & it had started to break up in the corners of my nose & within two hours I was a patchy greasy mess. I was missing foundation all over the place, I had it clinging a lot to some & on a big portion I had very light foundation residue to none at all. I didn’t give it another chance because the result was an epic disaster.
Amanda E.
This product completely changed my beauty routine! As I came out of my teenage years and my acne cleared up, I wanted to replace my heavy, full-coverage foundating with a lighter weight tinted moistuirizer. I tested out a number of products, and the NARS product by far was my favorite. It has, quite literally, a texture that feels like "velvet" when applied to the skin. I love how despite the high SFP and moisturizing properties, it does not leave an oily finish at all! Definitely not for someone looking to cover blemishes, but a great everyday use to even out the skin tone and look more polished. I can't live without it!!
Heather P.
Brooklyn, NY
Review for: Terre-Nueve (Lightest w/neutral pink undertones) more...
i love this stuff, and its my first day wearing it. the application was sooo smooth and my skin looks flawless. i did set it with DermaBlend translucent setting powder only bc ive been getting realllly oily these past few days but i love the feel and breathability of this formula. defffffinitely reaching for this one over my Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer. i also had a difficult time with the shades when it came to the Nars PRTM and settled on alaska, but now trying the terra nueve in the matte formula its a game changer. even if the shading error was my own, i still prefer this formula 100% hands down.
Chanae B.
Cincinnati, OH
Review for: Annapurna (medium w/a netural peachy undertone) more...
My go to winter foundation. Yes, I know this is a tinted moisturizer but seriously for the amount of coverage you get this product wears like a foundation. Although I’m dry, I do love the matte finish of this product as well as the mousse like consistency. If you’re oily I highly recommend you try this product. I prefer this product for the winter because I like to wear minimal complexion products in the summer.
Maddie C.
Boston , MA
Review for: St. Mortiz (mkedium w/a neutral yellow undertone) more...
So I use this almost everyday in the summer because it’s light and the sunscreen is ideal for me because I find that most sunscreens make me break out. It’s super easy to use and half the time I just applied it with my hands all over my face and felt good to go. My only real issue with the product was that it has a definite yellow/ orange undertone. Unless I took the time to really blend it well, it would leave me with a weird/ un natural color. My face is always a bit lighter than my body in the summer and this helped match my face color to my body once I had blended it well. It would last through out most of the day even when I was swimming or sweating. It was light coverage but this was perfect for beach days when I didn’t want to look like I was wearing makeup. I don’t find myself using it in the winter just because I like a little more coverage.
Sarah N.
Perth Amboy, NJ
Review for: Cuzco (medium w/a neutral pink/peachy undertone), St. Mortiz (mkedium w/a neutral yellow undertone) more...
I've used this product for over a year and I really do like it! It is not the longest lasting product but the color match is spot on (when I mix Medium 1 & 2 together)! It's really hard for me to find the perfect match for my yellow undertones. If the skin is primed and set right this product is golden. If you're not a foundation girl but want some coverage this is the product!
C A.
I’m not sure why this is called a SKIN TINT when it’s beautiful full coverage with a medium to light weight feel to it. It sets sooo beautifully I’m clearly biased towards NARS Because they do face makeup RIGHT. They get the undertones perfect for my deep skin and this sets and looks like a filter. They need to expand the line of the skin tints because it’s quite limited.
Glyniel C.
Is this good for combo skin and is it full, medium or light coverage?
Yamilet Romero R.
This product is good for oily skin?
Arianna S.
Allen, TX
How much coverage does this offer? is this worth trying?
Sal T.
Narre Warren, Melbourne , Vic
For anyone that uses this, does it oxidise?
Katelyn H.
Is this basically foundation? If now, what is a "skin tint," is it like a tanner?