BY NARS

OVERVIEW:
FORM. FUNCTION. FANTASY. THE ORIGINAL JUMBO LIP CRAYON
Cult-favorite Velvet Matte Lip Pencil instantly delivers the impact of a matte lipstick with the spontaneity of a pencil. The long lasting, non-drying formula is enriched with Vitamin E and emollients for a creamy texture, while a combination of unique silicones ensures long-lasting, seamless matte color for hours. Lips are instantly saturated with rich, vivid pigments and a velvety matte finish. Its jumbo size provides the application of a lipstick with the convenience of an artist pencil, and the tapered end is perfect for lining, defining, and filling in lips. This versatile formula also makes it easy to pair with another lip product for added dimension or as a tinted base. Whether it’s soft and neutral or bold and edgy, this lip pencil is ideal for making a lip statement. Works best with NARS Pencil Sharpener. Other sharpeners may be harmful or damaging.

BENEFITS:
DIVERSE RANGE OF RICH, VIVID SHADES
A repeat winner in all the top beauty books, this cult-favorite comes in a diverse range of highly pigmented colors with a velvety matte finish.
SEAMLESS COLOR THAT LASTS FOR HOURS
Unique silicones ensure long-lasting color while emollients provide a creamy feel. Smooth comfortable texture keeps the matte finish looking fresh all day.
CONVENIENT APPLICATION
The original jumbo pencil provides quick, easy convenient application. Its tapered end is ideal for lining, defining and filling in lips.

HOW TO USE:
To create a long-lasting lip look, use as a base to lip color and layer additional lip products on top.
To create dimension, try one shade as a liner and another to fill in the lips.
For three-dimensional definition, follow with a Lip Liner in a slightly deeper shade.

• What’s the best part of this makeup item? ( I’m trying to...1 Answers
  • how do you sharpen these?1 Answers
NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil
  • "I had been looking for a long lasting lip stick for a while. This is amazing the color lasts for a very long time. It is easy to put in and it is very smooth. " in 266 reviews
  • "These are great as eyeshadow bases! Very rich, creamy and blendable! I would really recommend this for anyone who wants that extra pop of color when doing their makeup" in 261 reviews
Vegas R.
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
Review for: ROMAN HOLIDAY, 413 BLKR, DRAGON GIRL, CRUELLA more...
I won't lie, I was a little bit disappointed with the formulation for the lip pencils. Of the 4 or 5 in my kit 2 perform amazing 1 is terrible and the others are good, but not great.

Now that being said. The drawbacks of these lip pencils can actually be their strength. They are a very thick cream formula almost like a wax, but they are self adhering, very bendable, and PIGMENTED. I use these to layer stunning lip looks on my clients and they never smear. They begin fading around the 6-8 hour mark but to be fair thats incredible.

This is in fact a BUY, just swatch the colors if you can before buying them. The more intense and bright colors are harder to blend because they have more color payoff, but the nudes have me shook the house.
Ali W.
Saint Louis, MO
Review for: LET'S GO CRAZY more...
Great color!! I got the Let’s go Crazy as a free sample from Sephora. I feel like it weirdly makes me eyes look more green! I tried wiping this off to try a different shade and it didn’t come off.... this will definitely last you through the night without the worry of re-applying. He only thing I don’t like is the thickness of the crayon. I like more precision. I had to use foundation around the edges to clean it up a bit.
Angela 🌹.
Lexington, SC
Review for: DOLCE VITA more...
Nars Matte Lip pencils are some of my favorite lipsticks. They're very long wearing and the formula is very smooth. Nars has a wide variety to choose from which is a bonus. It has a decent shelf life but you'll know when you have it too long because it starts to smell like crayons. Overall, I'd recommend - I completely forgot about this product. I'm headed to buy a new one now :)
APRILLE D.
When I want to wear a red lip I tend to reach for this lip pencil. I like that it is a pencil because it makes lining your lips so much easier - which is important for red or other bold colors. I love the consistency of this product as well because it is matte so it stays on your lips for a while but it's not a drying matte that you could see every texture on your lips, it's very comfortable. The shade is beautiful as well, it's a true red with a more neutral to cool undertone so it helps to whiten the teeth.
April D.
The most beautiful velvety smooth, blue-toned red. Perfect for making your teeth look pearly white. My only con to this product is that they are difficult to sharpen. You have to stick them in your freezer, then sharpen. It’s not good if you’re in a pinch. You also need a good, quality, large sharpener for this. I wish this had an automatic built in sharpener inside. I could give it 5 stars!
Olivia M.
Minden, LA
I got a set of 2 from Sephora for my birthday gift.  I really liked the pink shade and the red shade.  The pink shade matches many different skin tones.  I have fair skin and it looks like a nudey pink on my skin. It is very creamy, easy to apply, not drying, and lasts a good amount of time. I do have to retouch after eating or drinking, but it does fade nicely before I have tp reapply. The red is very pretty too.  I also get asked what shade I'm wearing with this one. It has a blue undertone. It is a little more drying so make sure your lips are hydrated and not flakey. I would say it does last longer on the lips than the pink shade, but it does tend to get crumbly towards the end of the day if your lips are not prepped and hydrated beforehand.
The only thing I don't like is having to sharpen them. It makes it hard to carry them in purse because they do need sharpening quite often. Overall, these are great lip pencils and I would highly recommend then.
Lauren R.
Germantown, MD
I have an insane amount of these lip pencils. I used to gravitate more towards these because you can control the opacity. I have big lips so I could play them down or amp up the volume. All the colors are good. I will say the non-matte formula comes off very quickly (almost ridiculously quickly) and the matte formula wears for a few hours but doesn’t look the best upon reapplication.
Christian A.
Rocky Mount
Review for: Other more...
I enjoy the convenience of a pencil, and usually I love Nars lipstick formulas, but these just didn’t do it for me. I don’t know if it was the color I got or if I purchased an old one, but so just can’t get the color to show up well on my lips. The color itself is gorgeous, I only wish it would translate to my lips just as gorgeous! And mine wasn’t long wearing, either..like, at all. I may have gotten a bit more than an hour or so wear time before I had to reapply. Overall, not exactly thrilled with this one but I will continue trying Nars products.
Katherine F.
Fayetteville
This lip pencil looks so natural on my lips. It’s a very thin formula but still provides good color pay off. I’ve had it for a while and still don’t have to sharpen it. It’s very pricey for a lippie but I love Nars. And the packaging is sleek and beautiful. I wear this one when I don’t know what lipstick to wear because it’s so nice
Crystal G.
Bloomingdale
Review for: Other more...
I have the Shades Cruella and Iberico plus their satin ones as well (Yu, Torres del Paine, Rikugien and Descanso). I love these. They are nice and creamy and easy to apply. You don’t even need a lip liner since these act as one as well. I can line my lips perfectly with these. Plus they’re very pigmented. Packaging is great. I love how they have the end of the pencil the color it is instead of it being all black so you can find the shade you want fast.
Paige C.
Winter Spgs, FL
Does this stay all day? Or do you have to touch up frequently?
Patricia G.
Milan
What's your favourite shade?
Anne W.
I've been looking for the perfect red, matte lip. I've heard good things about this one and I love Nars products! How long does this stay on with average wear?
ali l.
Gainesville, FL
Is it similar to a lipstick? I was looking for a nice red lipstick for new year's eve. I was recommended this but it seems more like a pencil.
Sarah M.
Chamblee, GA
Is there a base I need to use before putting this NARS lip pencil on? The color fades rather quickly.