BY NARS

OVERVIEW:
FORM. FUNCTION. FANTASY. THE ORIGINAL JUMBO LIP CRAYON
Cult-favorite Velvet Matte Lip Pencil instantly delivers the impact of a matte lipstick with the spontaneity of a pencil. The long lasting, non-drying formula is enriched with Vitamin E and emollients for a creamy texture, while a combination of unique silicones ensures long-lasting, seamless matte color for hours. Lips are instantly saturated with rich, vivid pigments and a velvety matte finish. Its jumbo size provides the application of a lipstick with the convenience of an artist pencil, and the tapered end is perfect for lining, defining, and filling in lips. This versatile formula also makes it easy to pair with another lip product for added dimension or as a tinted base. Whether it’s soft and neutral or bold and edgy, this lip pencil is ideal for making a lip statement. Works best with NARS Pencil Sharpener. Other sharpeners may be harmful or damaging.

BENEFITS:
DIVERSE RANGE OF RICH, VIVID SHADES
A repeat winner in all the top beauty books, this cult-favorite comes in a diverse range of highly pigmented colors with a velvety matte finish.
SEAMLESS COLOR THAT LASTS FOR HOURS
Unique silicones ensure long-lasting color while emollients provide a creamy feel. Smooth comfortable texture keeps the matte finish looking fresh all day.
CONVENIENT APPLICATION
The original jumbo pencil provides quick, easy convenient application. Its tapered end is ideal for lining, defining and filling in lips.

HOW TO USE:
To create a long-lasting lip look, use as a base to lip color and layer additional lip products on top.
To create dimension, try one shade as a liner and another to fill in the lips.
For three-dimensional definition, follow with a Lip Liner in a slightly deeper shade.

• What’s the best part of this makeup item? ( I’m trying to...1 Answers
  • how do you sharpen these?1 Answers
NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil
  • "I had been looking for a long lasting lip stick for a while. This is amazing the color lasts for a very long time. It is easy to put in and it is very smooth. " in 266 reviews
  • "These are great as eyeshadow bases! Very rich, creamy and blendable! I would really recommend this for anyone who wants that extra pop of color when doing their makeup" in 261 reviews
Misa K.
SEATTLE, WA
Purchased at: Sephora
I loved these lip pencils. I got this as a sample from Sephora in Cruella and I loved it. The red looked great on my fair skin and I got tons of compliments on it. The sample lasted a year and that’s with regular use. The matte is long lasting but it doesn’t go on super smooth. You should make sure your lips are moisturizer and exfoliated and you’ll for sure need a mirror. Great product though and the pencil makes the precise application easy.
Amy L.
San Francisco
Purchased at: Sephora
I received two colors as a birthday gift set from Sephora and loved both colors! The matte effect can be a little dry though, and I find that it can be hard to get the color to stay on the inner side of my lips, which creates that super unattractive lip line. The color selection is awesome, but I think I prefer the satin version more!
Lauren S.
Nashville
Review for: DOLCE VITA more...
Nars has some of my favorite lip shades available in any brand, they're always bold but also sophisticated. The pointed tip makes it super easy to shape your lips in a voluptuous manner. I do wish the formulation was a bit more hydrating, as my lips start looking quite dehyrdated after a couple hours.
Kait P.
Saint Clair shores , MI
These are smooth and creamy but feel very light on the lip. They have great pigmentation and don’t fade. I found this to be a great alternative to a true matte because these don’t look dry on the lips. This was recommended to me originally by a Sephora consultant and now I’m hooked. Plus, these are easy to travel with if you don’t want to go the liner/lipstick/gloss route - this can be the whole deal all in one
Mary B.
Seattle
Purchased at: Sephora
I really love how comfortable these are. The color Walkyrie is absolutely stunning. I just wish they were a bit more moisturizing. I always make sure to out a hydrating balm on and let it sit while I do my makeup before wearing these. They last well and are very comfortable.
ashley m.
Where do I start with this amazing product. The NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil is super soft and moisturizing for the lips. It is so easy to use and apply. For the amount of product that you get the price is awesome. I would buy this again and again.
Vegas R.
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
Review for: ROMAN HOLIDAY, 413 BLKR, DRAGON GIRL, CRUELLA more...
I won't lie, I was a little bit disappointed with the formulation for the lip pencils. Of the 4 or 5 in my kit 2 perform amazing 1 is terrible and the others are good, but not great.

Now that being said. The drawbacks of these lip pencils can actually be their strength. They are a very thick cream formula almost like a wax, but they are self adhering, very bendable, and PIGMENTED. I use these to layer stunning lip looks on my clients and they never smear. They begin fading around the 6-8 hour mark but to be fair thats incredible.

This is in fact a BUY, just swatch the colors if you can before buying them. The more intense and bright colors are harder to blend because they have more color payoff, but the nudes have me shook the house.
mandee b.
Perkiomenville
Okay I gave this three stars because of how hard it is to sharpen and on top of that because of the velvety Dry down even though it's matte finish it smears a lot and that being said if you're very careful well you wear it the colors are very very nice
Piper M.
San Angelo, TX
Purchased at: ULTA
Review for: DOLCE VITA more...
I am a big fan of Nars products in general, and these lip pencils are no exception. They go on smoothly, the shape makes it easy to outline your lips as well as fill the rest in, and the formula really is a lovely matte finish that lasts for several hours. The only thing I don’t like about these is the fact they have to be sharpened and a regular sharpener doesn’t do the trick because of the size of the pencil, which can make it difficult to get maximum use out of them once you reach the point where it needs to be sharpened. However I still love the formula and if they could create a twist up cap for this lip it would be near perfect!
Ali W.
Saint Louis, MO
Review for: LET'S GO CRAZY more...
Great color!! I got the Let’s go Crazy as a free sample from Sephora. I feel like it weirdly makes me eyes look more green! I tried wiping this off to try a different shade and it didn’t come off.... this will definitely last you through the night without the worry of re-applying. He only thing I don’t like is the thickness of the crayon. I like more precision. I had to use foundation around the edges to clean it up a bit.
Paige C.
Winter Spgs, FL
Does this stay all day? Or do you have to touch up frequently?
Anne W.
I've been looking for the perfect red, matte lip. I've heard good things about this one and I love Nars products! How long does this stay on with average wear?
Patricia G.
Milan
What's your favourite shade?
ali l.
Gainesville, FL
Is it similar to a lipstick? I was looking for a nice red lipstick for new year's eve. I was recommended this but it seems more like a pencil.
Sarah M.
Chamblee, GA
Is there a base I need to use before putting this NARS lip pencil on? The color fades rather quickly.