BY NARS #8 in Lipstick

OVERVIEW:
FORM. FUNCTION. FANTASY. THE ORIGINAL JUMBO LIP CRAYON
Cult-favorite Velvet Matte Lip Pencil instantly delivers the impact of a matte lipstick with the spontaneity of a pencil. The long lasting, non-drying formula is enriched with Vitamin E and emollients for a creamy texture, while a combination of unique silicones ensures long-lasting, seamless matte color for hours. Lips are instantly saturated with rich, vivid pigments and a velvety matte finish. Its jumbo size provides the application of a lipstick with the convenience of an artist pencil, and the tapered end is perfect for lining, defining, and filling in lips. This versatile formula also makes it easy to pair with another lip product for added dimension or as a tinted base. Whether it’s soft and neutral or bold and edgy, this lip pencil is ideal for making a lip statement. Works best with NARS Pencil Sharpener. Other sharpeners may be harmful or damaging.

BENEFITS:
DIVERSE RANGE OF RICH, VIVID SHADES
A repeat winner in all the top beauty books, this cult-favorite comes in a diverse range of highly pigmented colors with a velvety matte finish.
SEAMLESS COLOR THAT LASTS FOR HOURS
Unique silicones ensure long-lasting color while emollients provide a creamy feel. Smooth comfortable texture keeps the matte finish looking fresh all day.
CONVENIENT APPLICATION
The original jumbo pencil provides quick, easy convenient application. Its tapered end is ideal for lining, defining and filling in lips.

HOW TO USE:
To create a long-lasting lip look, use as a base to lip color and layer additional lip products on top.
To create dimension, try one shade as a liner and another to fill in the lips.
For three-dimensional definition, follow with a Lip Liner in a slightly deeper shade.

• What’s the best part of this makeup item? ( I’m trying to...1 Answers
  • how do you sharpen these?1 Answers
NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil
  • "I had been looking for a long lasting lip stick for a while. This is amazing the color lasts for a very long time. It is easy to put in and it is very smooth. " in 266 reviews
  • "These are great as eyeshadow bases! Very rich, creamy and blendable! I would really recommend this for anyone who wants that extra pop of color when doing their makeup" in 261 reviews
Misa K.
SEATTLE, WA
Purchased at: Sephora
I loved these lip pencils. I got this as a sample from Sephora in Cruella and I loved it. The red looked great on my fair skin and I got tons of compliments on it. The sample lasted a year and that’s with regular use. The matte is long lasting but it doesn’t go on super smooth. You should make sure your lips are moisturizer and exfoliated and you’ll for sure need a mirror. Great product though and the pencil makes the precise application easy.
Josie M.
Review for: DOLCE VITA, DO ME BABY more...
I like this lip pencil, it is very creamy and looks very nice and pigmented when you apply it. I did find out that it works better with a lip liner because it does bleed a bit and needs something to stick to for it to last a long time. Without a liner, it doesn’t stay nearly as long as what I’m used to from my liquid lips. I like this formula tho. It’s very matte and pigmented, it just works best with a lip liner.
Abigail T.
Bronx, NY
Review for: BAHAMA more...
I love this product as a beginner tool for those who do not yet makeup or like any color on their lips. I like the bahama tone for my medium skin tone because it's not too overpowering. Because you are to sharpen it, it lasts quite a long time.
Miranda C.
Review for: DOLCE VITA more...
I really like this lip pencil, the color is a 'safe choice', it goes well with different types of make up. It makes my whole face looks more awake, if that make sense. And it also makes my teeth looks whiter. It could feel a little bit dry, but that is because it is a matte lip pencil. Over all, I like the color, its great to bring on trips.
stephanie r.
Bellmawr, NJ
Review for: DO ME BABY more...
I got this in my Sephora 500 point box along with other NARS products and SIS LET ME TELL YOU THIS IS SO COMFY ON THE LIPS. I live in Jersey where the weather is 50 one day in winter and -21 the next. My lips are so dry and cracked no matter what I do. I wore this on top of my dry lips and it did not dry them out at all and stayed on for HOURS.
Savannah R.
Dalton
Review for: Other more...
Love love love love. The consistent NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil quality one would expect--not drying and long lasting. Often times in lip sets, I find myself reaching for some colours more than others but with this set, I can genuinely say that I adore all of the lip pencils in this collection. I am even considering purchasing another since it is limited edition.

My comments on the pencils, from lightest to darkest:

Bondage is my favourite deep nude brown at the moment. Gives you enough colour without being overpowering; suitable for daytime or nighttime looks.

Vicious is a playful pink shade that I think is comparable to Tarte Cabana Boy or NARS American Woman.

Spike is a vampy red plum colour. I find in certain lighting it leans more red, and in others it appears more plum. Regardless of which it is, I've received compliments every time I've worn it.

Chaos is the moodier sibling to Spike. On my pigmented lips, I find it has similar tones to Spike but this is the more dramatic version.
Jacqueline K.
Queens
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: CRUELLA more...
The matte look these pencils give are so nice!It's long-lasting and the point allows for easy application. I like that you have to sharpen them because they last longer and are less messy. However, they are not moisturizing so you shouldn't apply on a dry lip.
'Cruella' is such a pretty shade and I usually wear it on top of Milani Color Statement Matte Lipstick 67 for the perfect red.
sweetie o.
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Love Nars his makeup first of all lipsticks are great this is a bit drying on the lip but I love the mat it looks like it stays in place and it gives the lip a perfect look if you're in the market for something new then give this a try I would recommend it to all my friends and family
Belen E.
ukiah CA
Review for: CRUELLA more...
I love this lipstick, it goes on smoothly so it's super easy to apply and the packaging makes it perfect for on the go days. It stays on throughout the day without smearing so you dont really need a lup liner. I would most definitely recommend this lipstick it's worth the price
Nicole P.
Washington, DC
Purchased at: ULTA
Review for: INTRIGUING more...
Don’t get me wrong these are great for doing a natural lip, but I wasn’t that impressed for $27. They aren’t creamy enough in my opinion, and the fact that you have to sharpen them instead of twist them up means you’re inevitably going to lose a lot of product. Not my favorite.
Paige C.
Winter Spgs, FL
Does this stay all day? Or do you have to touch up frequently?
Patricia G.
Milan
What's your favourite shade?
Anne W.
I've been looking for the perfect red, matte lip. I've heard good things about this one and I love Nars products! How long does this stay on with average wear?
ali l.
Gainesville, FL
Is it similar to a lipstick? I was looking for a nice red lipstick for new year's eve. I was recommended this but it seems more like a pencil.
Sarah M.
Chamblee, GA
Is there a base I need to use before putting this NARS lip pencil on? The color fades rather quickly.

Sephora