BY NARS #69 in Lipstick

OVERVIEW:
FORM. FUNCTION. FANTASY. THE ORIGINAL JUMBO LIP CRAYON
Cult-favorite Velvet Matte Lip Pencil instantly delivers the impact of a matte lipstick with the spontaneity of a pencil. The long lasting, non-drying formula is enriched with Vitamin E and emollients for a creamy texture, while a combination of unique silicones ensures long-lasting, seamless matte color for hours. Lips are instantly saturated with rich, vivid pigments and a velvety matte finish. Its jumbo size provides the application of a lipstick with the convenience of an artist pencil, and the tapered end is perfect for lining, defining, and filling in lips. This versatile formula also makes it easy to pair with another lip product for added dimension or as a tinted base. Whether it’s soft and neutral or bold and edgy, this lip pencil is ideal for making a lip statement. Works best with NARS Pencil Sharpener. Other sharpeners may be harmful or damaging.

BENEFITS:
DIVERSE RANGE OF RICH, VIVID SHADES
A repeat winner in all the top beauty books, this cult-favorite comes in a diverse range of highly pigmented colors with a velvety matte finish.
SEAMLESS COLOR THAT LASTS FOR HOURS
Unique silicones ensure long-lasting color while emollients provide a creamy feel. Smooth comfortable texture keeps the matte finish looking fresh all day.
CONVENIENT APPLICATION
The original jumbo pencil provides quick, easy convenient application. Its tapered end is ideal for lining, defining and filling in lips.

HOW TO USE:
To create a long-lasting lip look, use as a base to lip color and layer additional lip products on top.
To create dimension, try one shade as a liner and another to fill in the lips.
For three-dimensional definition, follow with a Lip Liner in a slightly deeper shade.

• Is this worth buying? Does it crack your lips as it is a crayon? 4 Answers
  • How is the pigmentation? 3 Answers
  • Is there a base I need to use before putting this NARS lip pencil...8 Answers
Olivia M.
Minden, LA
Review for: Cruella more...
I got a set of 2 from Sephora for my birthday gift.  I really liked the pink shade and the red shade.  The pink shade matches many different skin tones.  I have fair skin and it looks like a nudey pink on my skin. It is very creamy, easy to apply, not drying, and lasts a good amount of time. I do have to retouch after eating or drinking, but it does fade nicely before I have tp reapply. The red is very pretty too.  I also get asked what shade I'm wearing with this one. It has a blue undertone. It is a little more drying so make sure your lips are hydrated and not flakey. I would say it does last longer on the lips than the pink shade, but it does tend to get crumbly towards the end of the day if your lips are not prepped and hydrated beforehand.
The only thing I don't like is having to sharpen them. It makes it hard to carry them in purse because they do need sharpening quite often. Overall, these are great lip pencils and I would highly recommend then.
Britty M.
Review for: Train Bleu more...
I'm the cheapest person I know but I decided to splurge on this product because the color was to die for. It was $27 at Sephora but wasn't in stock in store so I bought this online in 2015.  It's a very dark, vampy shade that appears as a deep burgundy/purple on me. The main cons is that it is so drying! I wore this out to a Galentine's dinner and it lasted throughout my meal but my lips were dry and chapped all day. I didn't have chap stick to fix it either. It gets rave reviews whenever I wear it. It's been almost 3 yrs and I still have a lot left and won't be needing to replace it for a while. I'm sure there are cheaper dupes of this that may not be as drying though. But I like the Nars brand and am happy with this lip pencil.
Candice G.
Winter Haven
This is the first NARS lip color item I've bought. I saw a non-beauty blogger sporting this color and instantly wanted to try it out. It's matte, goes on smooth, and wears okay (I've only worn it once, and didn't wear it all day, so I'm not able to say how long it actually wears). It's a very pigmented, bright red with a hint of pink. Almost a tad neon in certain lighting, which I love. It really makes my lips pop. (As a reference, I have medium skin tone, very dark brown hair, and brown eyes, and I think this color looks great on my lips. I've seen photos of others with various skin tones / hair color / eye color and they look great too. So I would say this color would look great on anyone).
Valerie L.
West Chester
Review for: Dolce Vita (dusty rose) more...
First let me say this color is TO DIE FOR. All of the colors actually are absurdly beautiful and look great when you swatch on skin. It’s the perfect color for a natural but pretty look. What I really hate is the formula. No matter what I do, it always separates on my lips. Even as I’m applying, the color is never full covering my lips so it looks as if I don’t know how to do makeup if you’re standing in front of me. It’s very disappointing and I keep trying it hoping it will work one day, but it doesn’t. Wish they would make the formula better
Laura D.
Review for: Cruella (passionate scarlet red) more...
Even though it is a matte lip it goes on very smooth. With most matte lippies I feel the need to exfoliate first but I love that with this one I don't have to because it goes on smooth and doesn't leave a "chapped" or cracked look once it dries.It does stay on a while but you'll need to reapply after you eat or drink a lot because the inner part of your lips will wear off. My first one was one I had received with my sephora points and I've been hooked on NARS since
Jacqueline C.
Cleveland, TN
These are essentially creamy application, matte finish oversized lipliner crayons. They can be drying on the lips but they’re long lasting and super easy to reapply due to the crayon style. It’s easy to get clean lines and they don’t cake up or flake when you touch them up. If they start to wear in the center I can usually blend them a bit with my finger without even needing to reapply and get them to look pretty decent. I really like them.
Reiya B.
This is totally one of my favorite lip products. I purchased a duo with Cruella and Dolce Vita from Sephora. The duo comes with two mini pencils that cost less than the price of one full pencil, so it is worth it. These two shades are versatile and go with everything. The application is easy and the product is matte, yet creamy and long-lasting without being drying. I love these velvet matte pencils and I will be purchasing them again.
Tierney C.
Gallatin, TN
Review for: Walkyrie (warm coral red crème) (online only), Infatuated Red more...
This is a great product. It wears really well, doesn't dry out your lips, and has excellent pigment. I didn't give it 5 stars because they are no longer cruelty free. I don't use exclusively cruelty free products (I try my best to though), but I feel a bit more upset at this company because they were cruelty free, but decided to go back on that in order to sell to china. They were already doing a great thing and then had to mess it up.
Michelle M.
Scott Depot , WV
Review for: Cruella more...
I love NARS lip pencils, especially this Cruella shade. It is a bold, attention grabbing, and in charge red. I wear it a neutral eye, and sometimes with a sexy black wing lined eye. The pencil lipstick applies with ease, and feels smooth on my lips. I love it takes just one swipe to get the full coverage I look best in. This is a lipstick I recommend frequently. It looks attractive on all skin tones. #influenster #narscruella #letsmakeup
Kayla W.
LOVE this product! The idea of making it a pencil shape was perfect because I personally feel like I have more control over where I put the product. The color range is great, I believe you can find something beautiful to suit any skin tone in this set, which can be harder to come by these days. Love the formula, super wearable and light! Can be a tiny bit drying st some times but that can easily be fixed with some lip balm.
Paige C.
Winter Spgs, FL
Does this stay all day? Or do you have to touch up frequently?
Anne W.
I've been looking for the perfect red, matte lip. I've heard good things about this one and I love Nars products! How long does this stay on with average wear?
Patricia G.
Milan
What's your favourite shade?
ali l.
Gainesville, FL
Is it similar to a lipstick? I was looking for a nice red lipstick for new year's eve. I was recommended this but it seems more like a pencil.
Sarah M.
Atlanta, GA
Is there a base I need to use before putting this NARS lip pencil on? The color fades rather quickly.