12 colors available

BY NARS #89 in Lipstick

An innovative, long-lasting lip color with a smooth, semi-matte finish that provides ultimate hydration. This highly-saturated lip color combines covetable comfort and confident shades in one smooth move. Its wand coats like a lipstick, yet glides on like a gloss. The finish is semi-matte, long-lasting, and non-drying for luscious, vibrant lips. Water lily flowers and white tea extract are infused into this hybrid lip glide for antioxidant protection and ultimate hydration. What else do you need to know: "Velvet lip glide is soft, yet strong. Effortless and intense. Polished and provocative. It encourages you not to compromise. Glide on strength. Go with it. See where it takes you." Francois Nars see more...

• With light drinking (morning coffee) and normal wear, how long does...3 Answers
  • Are these long lasting? If so, how long is the wearing time? 3 Answers
  • Does it bleed? Does it last all day long even after eating? Does it...3 Answers
Anna D.
Anna D.
San Jose, CA
This is such a unique product! To start off, the texture of this can be best described as a fusion of a matte lipstick and a lipgloss. When you first apply it, you'll notice that it isn't completely opaque, which may scare some people at first, but trust me, the pigment is still quite strong! it's just that is more of a subdued version of a liquid lipstick. It gives your lips color in such a flattering way. You never have to worry about how these look on your lips. It has a sheen when you first apply it, but it dries down over time to a true matte texture that feels plush on the lips. This lipstick truly feels like velvet on the lips! I love how you can still get that matte look and longevity you want in a liquid lipstick, with the comfort of a lipgloss. I HIGHLY recommend! One of my new favorites for sure! The colors I own are bound (my favorite!) and stripped.
Charnay R.
Charnay R.
I purchased the Nars Mind Games Velvet Lip Glide set from Sephora that has six shades and I love this product! This is a hybrid product that is so unique. It has the qualities of a lip gloss and a lipstick. It glides on smoothly like a gloss and it packs the right amount of color. I find that it starts of glossy and as it dries down it gives you more of a velvet look (hence the name) but it's not matte! This set has the perfect shades for fall and winter but if you want just one it's worth it to check out!
kirsten b.
kirsten b.
Carlton, MN
These are so unique! I've never tried anything like it. It's hard to explain but they go on like a gloss, but have the pigmentation of a lipstick. They look glossy on the lips but do become a little more matte after time, though not fully matte. They are super hydrating on the lips and are the most comfortable lip product I have ever worn. They wear off evenly, unlike a lot of lipsticks. The shades are absolutely gorgeous too. There's something for everybody. I adore these and can't wait to buy them all!
Parris H.
Parris H.
San Antonio, TX
I purchased this as a VIB Rouge preview in Le Main Bleue and I really do like it. I've been using several of the Nars long wearing liquid mattes (also LOVE), and was definitely in the mood for something with a bit of gloss but not ultra shiny and gooey. This definitely delivers. It's not super long wear and it does come off with eating and drinking, but I would say it lasts longer than your average lipstick, it leaves a nice stain and isn't super thick but still has a rich color.
Hayley G.
Hayley G.
Erie, PA
Was really excited about this when it first came out because I love liquid lipstick and was waiting for NARS to come out with one. I purchased the shade in Playpen and was very disappointed. First, I thought these were supposed to be matte, it felt more like lip gloss. Second, it does not stay on well at all. I would have to retouch every few minutes. The packaging is nice, the colors are nice, but the price is too high for this in my opinion.
Mo Makeup M.
Mo Makeup M.
I picked up the shade playpen which is a soft and pretty pink, that you could literally wear every single day.
The wand allows a smooth application and the formula deposits great pigmentation. It's not drying at all it's actually very comfortable. It doesn't set so it is transferable....I have to say it doesn't last very long but it's nothing a touch up can't fix.
Overall this is a great comfortable lip product
Nanite J.
Nanite J.
These leave my lips feeling moisturized. Let me start off by saying I HATE lip glosses. But these velvet lip glides are life. My main concern with lip glosses is the stickiness and them making my lips look greasy. These are SO pigmented and long lasting. They stain my lips also and are long lasting. I get so many compliments when I'm wearing these. I just got the limited edition mini set that they released!
Katie A.
Katie A.
This product is a great everyday, keep in your purse item. It goes on smooth like a gloss, wears like a balm, but has the pigment of a lipstick. Never dries your lips out! It doesn't stay put like a liquid lipstick but transfer is minimal and it does leave a bit of a stain behind so it doesn't wear off patchy or weird. Plus, the color selection is AWESOME! Would recommend to absolutely anyone!
Amb B.
Amb B.
Lakewood, OH
This is the perfect combo of a liquid lipstick, lip gloss, and lipstick. It has just enough tackiness to stay on the lips but does not suction cup the life out of them. If you have tried colourpops satin lips, this is very similar. The colors are gorgeous. I tried this in playpen and would love to get my hands on more shades. These are amazing I highly recommend!
Alyssa A.
Alyssa A.
I own this in the shade Unlaced which is a beautiful nude pink. I was so surprised at how this glides on like a gloss but has a nice semi-matte finish to it. It is non-drying and very long-lasting. I absolutely love how pigmented it is and how it leaves my lips very hydrated. This product cost around $26 but is definitely worth the price.
Trina K.
Trina K.
Henderson, NV
Do these have the typical drying formula that other liquid lipsticks have?
Alexandria C.
Alexandria C.
El Paso, TX
My favorite color has anyone tried does it apply on smooth n how does it look n the cost of it
Unique M.
Unique M.
I want to know if this drys in a satin or matte finish?
Yessire P.
Yessire P.
Maracaibo
Does it dry your lips? how many hours does it last?
Mika M.
Mika M.
With light drinking (morning coffee) and normal wear, how long does this last on your lips?