BY NARS #13 in Concealer

OVERVIEW:
NATURAL. HIGH.
Natural look. High coverage. Concealing hits an all-time high with this lightweight, full coverage concealer. Get high-performance correction with soft-focus blurring: Soft Matte Complete Concealer instantly conceals dark circles, redness, discoloration, hyperpigmentation, blemishes, and acne with a light-diffusing effect that blurs and smooths. Overtime, skin becomes softer and smoother from collagen-boosting peptides, hyaluronic acid, and a protective cocktail of Vitamins A, C, and E. Complete comfort. Completely natural-looking coverage.

BENEFITS:
CONCEALS
High coverage with a weightless natural-looking wear. Advanced powders with a unique structure lay flat, stay in place and don’t settle into fine lines and pores.
BLURS
Optimal Diffusion Powder helps maximize light diffusion with spherical surface powders designed to absorb and refract light for soft focus perfection. Instantly transforms the look of skin with a soft-focus effect that helps blur imperfections.
LONG-TERM BENEFITS
Softer, smoother skin
Collagen-boosting peptides and hyaluronic acid reduce the appearances of wrinkles and pores by helping plump the look of skin. Antioxidant Daily Defense delivers a protective cocktail of Vitamins A, C, and E.

HOW TO USE:
Use fingertips to warm product and press into the skin.
Use a stippling application to areas with more texture such as acne scars, pores, and wrinkles.
Apply with #12 Cream Blending Brush to layer and create a smooth finish.

• Dont you just love this concealer? ❤♥️️💜 NARS Soft Matte ...1 Answers
  • What is you favourite concealer for under eyes to cover d...5 Answers
  • I've been searching a great concealer for a while and I'm...4 Answers
NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer
  • "this concealer is creamy and nice. it covers dark circles well. it’s not my favorite concealer because it’s really expensive and thick. the skin under your eyes is so sensitive. i prefer a lighter concealer." in 88 reviews
  • "bye bye color corrector! this is truly a full coverage concealer, even for us oily girls. i love to apply this with a concealer brush, blend out the edges with a beauty blender and set with my laura mercier powder. this is a must get for blemishes and under eye circles." in 72 reviews
  • "i love the shade range that nars has overall in all of their products. biscuit is a good color for me to highlight without doing too much (i am syracuse in their foundations). this concealer has good coverage and is easy to blend out. the reason i gave it 4 stars is because it does crease on my undereyes sometimes even after i bake with setting powder. good for spot concealing too!" in 57 reviews
  • "this concealer makes your skin look so smooth! the only reason i did not give it 5 stars because i feel like it could have a little bit more coverage. this concealer is really lightweight and great for everyday use but could use some more coverage." in 28 reviews
  • "this is what i call a full coverage pot concealer. i use it mainly on the under eye area and do not find it creases easily. it packaging is classic and professional looking. this can be build up to a maximum coverage. i recommend this concealer but not to anyone with dry skin. " in 27 reviews
Tiarra J.
Orange Park, FL
Review for: Caramel (medium dark yellow and golden undertones) more...
full-coverage concealer in an oil-free, ultra-lightweight cream formula that blurs imperfections as it conceals, smoothing the look of skin with a soft-matte, natural-looking finish.

What it does:
Get high-performance correction with soft-focus blurring. Soft Matte Complete Concealer instantly conceals dark circles, redness, discoloration, hyperpigmentation, blemishes, and acne with a light-diffusing effect that blurs and smooths.

The Soft-Focus Smoothing Complex contains Optimal Diffusion Powder that transforms the look of skin by blurring imperfections with light-diffusing spheres. The formula delivers all-day wear and high coverage that’s non-cakey and won’t settle into fine lines and pores. Enriched with skin caring ingredients, like collagen-boosting peptides and hyaluronic acid, they reduce the appearances of wrinkles and pores by helping skin look plump over time. A cocktail of antioxidants, such as Vitamins A, C, and E deliver daily defense.

What else you need to know:
"I have always believed that less is more. I created this concealer so you could just dab it on with your finger, deliver the highest level of coverage with the least amount of product, and still look completely natural."—François Nars, Founder and Creative Director

This product is an Allure Best of Beauty award winner.

Research results:
In an independent consumer study on 67 participants after 2 weeks of use:
- 99% felt that it blended into the skin effortlessly
- 97% said it offered high coverage that’s natural-looking
- 93% said it felt comfortable all day and does not leave skin feeling dry or tight

How to Use

Find in store
ADD TO BASKET
Alex S.
CA
Review for: Chantilly (true ivory for light complexion) more...
This is my favorite high coverage concealer! I bought it on a friend's recommendation thinking I wouldn't like it, but I was completely wrong! Usually, my normal to dry skin doesn't like things with "matte" in the name, but this isn't a dry, artificial matte. It isn't dewy by any means, but it's not completely void of dimension either. I like to blend this into my skin using my fingertips. I find that the warmth from them really help the product mesh nicely with my skin, but a damp sponge also works very well. I think this looks great under the eyes, but its forte is definitely on blemishes. It covers them up very well, and if it needs to be built up a little bit, it doesn't get cakey. This doesn't accentuate texture either, it just glides on and becomes one with the skin. Even though the coverage can be built up and concentrated, I am able to sheer it out wherever I don't want as much coverage, which is great, because it allows me to still show my freckles and have my skin look like skin. Although this is definitely on the pricey side, a small bit stretches out a long way. I've been using this nearly every day that I wear makeup for quite a few months now, and I still haven't reached the bottom of the jar yet. Overall, this is a great investment that I know will work for many skin types and tones.
Melissa B.
Anderson, CA
I found that shape tape was so drying and making my under eyes look so old. So I went on the hunt for another concealer. I got the radiant creamy but it wasn't quite high enough coverage for when I wore my foundation with it (I love it on its own) so I picked this up. I really love it. A little goes a long way. Sets well with powder and lasts all day. And doesn't make me look like an old lady! I have just been dipping my sponge in it and a little goes a long way! I don't really like to highlight my under eyes and this is pretty close to a perfect match for me. I should probably get a more yellow based one to conceal blemishes but for now this one works even though it has a peachy undertone. Definitely recommend this!!
Meredith K.
Hackensack
Review for: Chantilly (true ivory for light complexion) more...
The Product:
NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer, in the shade Chantilly.

Wear:
So I’ve used this on my face, under eyes and my brows. By FAR this is the best concealer I have used for carving out my brows and for blemishes. For the under eyes it’s a bit too dry. It gives a medium to full coverage, but definitely more on the full side. A little goes a long way, and it dries quickly. One of my favorite things about this is that once it dries, it does NOT move! So it stays on all day with that nice full coverage.

Application:
For my brows I use a small flat brush to carve out the area and clean up my arch/tail. This concealer is sooooo smooth and blends seamlessly (if you don’t let it dry!) I usually buff it out with a synthetic blending brush, and it blends gorgeously. I love how creamy it is upon first application and how it blends out.
Tatiana M.
Review for: Vanilla (tiny cast of pink for the light complexion) more...
This is one of those products that I hate that I love it. After I bought it I realized Nars does test on animals because they sell their products in China and by law to sell cosmetics in China, there has to be animal testing involved before it can be sold there, just thought that was something to think about for those who only use cruelty free makeup brands. That being said, I hate to say it but this concealer is beautiful. I use it to conceal and brighten my under eyes and despite it being matte, it is not drying at all. I mix it with a tiny bit of Tarte shape tape under the eyes and they work together beautifully.
Zenia S.
Arlington, VA
Review for: Custard (yellow tone for light to medium complexion) more...
So, at first I was madly in love. Putting this on under my makeup made my face literally flawless before any next step. My pores were erased, redness a myth, actually heaven. Downside is that this is already a really heavy product. An extremely light hand with the rest of your routine is necessary. You also really need a good brush to work this product in. It's also really matte so if you're reaching for this for under your eye, especially during the summer, be sure to add some highlighter to it so you don't look...off (unless a super matte look is needed.) Also, this is heavy so be sure to set so it doesn't sink or catch dry patches. Not a holy grail but I certainly went hunting for this when I lost it so it's worth a try!
Seelia C.
Review for: Custard (yellow tone for light to medium complexion) more...
I went to a Sephora and asked for a sample of the product because I was having some troubles with my skin and I wasn't sure if it was my current makeup, but I had heard good things about NARS's concealers. However, I was still so surprised by how soft and blendable it was! It is definitely buildable and provides a lot of coverage. A little goes a long way! I used my fingers to pick up product and dotted it on spots that needed coverage, but I used my damp makeup sponge to blend everything out. If you're oily (like me), I would recommend either baking or buffing setting powder. I would also recommend the pot concealer instead of the one with the wand because the pot is easier to sanitize.
Kimberly N.
Orlando
Review for: Macadamia (medium with a peachy undertone) more...
Honestly one of the best concealers that is worth your money. I have always used a drugstore concealer and it worked well. However one of the problems I always had was coverage without looking thick. NARS definitely knocked that out for me.

Pros:
- Creamy
- Able to use for a long time
- Long-Wear
- Water resistant
- Blendable
- Natural

Cons:
- Can have flash back if not blended out completely
- Can crease under sweat
- Can show up patchy on drier skin after settling
- Higher price point
Alex S.
I really love this concealer. Although I am more partial to liquid concealers like the tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer and ColourPop No Filter Concealer, this one is great! I love how this isn’t too thick and applies and blends very smoothly. The formula is a perfect consistency. Not oily or too dry. The coverage is also very good and can be built.

I think that the price is a bit steep considering how much product you get but it seems to last a good while (I got more than two months months.

Definitely worth a try if you’re looking for a pot concealer!
Adrienne S.
Pinehurst, NC
Review for: Vanilla (tiny cast of pink for the light complexion) more...
I love love love this concealer! Previously, I'd never tried a concealer that comes in a pot like this before and I was a little skeptical since I tend to like doefoot applicators for concealer, and I've also heard that this product is drying. However, I didn't find that to be the case - it does have a matte finish, but it's creamy enough that it's not at all drying (at least for me; YMMV). I like to use this in combination with my Urban Decay All Nighter concealer for perfect coverage wherever I need it. Overall, I definitely HIGHLY recommend this product!!
Manya N.
Natalie M.
inman
What is the best concealer for cut Crease eyeshadow look?
Danielle J.
tolland, CT
does this work for oily skin?
Anna K.
What is you favourite concealer for under eyes to cover dark circles? I currently using NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer
Carolina K.
A Coruña
I've been searching a great concealer for a while and I'm between this one and the boing by benefit, what would you do?

back