BY NARS #14 in Eyelid Primer

No smudging. No creasing. No caking. No looking back. An insider trick of the trade. Never heavy-handed, this lightweight primer creates a seamless canvas that keeps cream and powder color looking brilliant, fresh and just-applied all day. Smudge proof eye shadow base uses a unique polymer and mineral powder blend to get a firm grip on color for hours and hours of gorgeous wear. Fortified with a special deep-sea extract and an antioxidant rice extract, smudge proof eye shadow base dries on contact and keeps the delicate eyelid smooth and prepared for eyeshadow application. Smudge proof eye shadow base is also a great multi-tasker: use it as a primer for eyebrow pencils and lower lash-liners. Consider it an everyday essential. Ophthalmologist tested. Dermatologist tested. Fragrance free. Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

• I have very oily lids so not every base works wel for me. Is this...4 Answers
  • How does this one compare to Urban Decay and Kat Von D primers? T...2 Answers
  • Someone said this is a good eyeshadow primer for oily eye lids, i...2 Answers
NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
  • "The best shadow base I have ever used (high and low end products)." in 6 reviews
Maxelin C.
Jamaica, NY
he original Urban Decay primer has been my "holy grail" pretty much since it came out. Over the years, I've also tried Bare Minerals Prime Time (love it), LORAC (love it) and quite a few others, including MAC Painterly (love it too). I do prefer a doe foot applicator and as much as the original UD "genie bottle" was stupid, it had an applicator; the tube I have now (an older one which won't die!) is a squeeze tube, like LORAC, Prime Time and TFSI. My TFSI has lasted for AGES. It's a good primer though it's been through some "life changes" - it did used to separate fairly often so I'd massage the closed tube when that happened and it seemed to fix the problem. Then it stopped separating, which was very nice. I have FINALLY managed to finish it (after cutting off the "crimp" end of the tube to get every last bit, sealing it up again with a binder clip).

I promised myself that once I finished TFSI, I'd treat myself to the Nars Pro Prime. It is everything I expected and more....the tiniest bit applied on each lid gives lasting power that doesn't quit. Even on the hottest days or during a sweaty, intense gym workout (yes, I leave my eye makeup on!), nothing smudges or creases. And I do really love and prefer the doe foot applicator since I don't have to worry about squeezing out too much product that is then wasted. This primer is $33 in Canada, compared with $24 for TFSI and $26 for UD (which now combines a squeeze-y looking tube AND a doe foot). Is it worth the extra price? Hard to say since all 3 are equally effective at keeping my shadows looking great but I do prefer the silkier texture of the Nars and will probably continue to purchase it though I think this tube will last me several years.
Maira G.
Lake Worth, FL
My number one eyeshadow primer, no other primer takes it's place. Your eyeshadow stays all day and doesn't crease. It works so well with the colourpop eyeshadows which some eye primers don't work very well with those shadows. I live in a very humid state (South Florida) once you walk out, you will start sweating and omg your shadows stays the same. If your looking for a primer to cover up any veins or discoloration on your lids than this is NOT for you.
Esta prebase para las sombras es la número uno, ninguna otra prebase ocupa su lugar. La sombra no se mueve para nada, ni tampoco se transfiere al párpado. Funciona muy bien con las sombras de colourpop, ya que algunas prebases no funcionan muy bien con ese tipo de sombras. Yo vivo en Florida que es muy húmedo, que al salir de casa empiezas a sudar y cuando uso la prebase mis sombras siguen igual. Ahora si estas buscando una prebase que tape las venas o descoloracion entonces esta base NO es la que buscas.
Dinorah C.
Hialeah, FL
I was a little skeptical of this stuff at first, I didn't really check out my makeup at the end of the day the first couple of times I used it, so when I really started paying attention, I was very pleasantly impressed. I think the applicator is a little awkward, I end up using my finger to smooth it out anyway, so I feel like jamming a stick in the tube is just a way to fill up less product. I have been using KVDs primer for a while, but it leaves my lids feeling a little dry and worn out after multiple days, so I'm switching to this one. I will say that my shadows are sticking with it all day, and definitely staying put with this stuff. No creasing for me. And the shadow color stays true - no graying out or smudging into other shades and blobbing up into one muddy mark on my face! Yay. Love it. Buying again.
Willa L.
Monroe Twp, NJ
Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base... Can I count the ways I love you! 1. You are a Nars products so I am going to admit to am a little partial to you... I have high expectations but yes, you have lived up to them. 2. Your container/applicator is perfect! I love the fact the applicator is a wand that applies directly to your eyes (better than urban decay primer by the imo) 3. Wear time is exceptional. Your product will help my eyeshadow last and last! No issues here once your product is on my lids!
So what's my final opinion: This is the best eyeshadow primer on the market for those wearing everything but glitter based eyeshadows (try Kat Von D Lock It for that whole mess) With that being said, this product still covers most of it and a little bit goes a long way. I wholeheartedly recommend it!
Candyce R.
Kaneohe, HI
I've used primers from Too Faced, Urban Decay and Bare minerals and I've loved them all. They all work perfectly well to keep my shadows in place and crease/smear free from morning till bed-time, no matter what the weather or how busy and active my days are. I promised myself, though, that when my TFSI finally "died", I'd try the NARS primer. I do prefer a primer with a doe foot, which this has. The product applies so silkily and smoothly and I only need the tiniest touch of the applicator on each lid. The doe foot means I'm squeezing out too much product, so no waste. This is considerably more expensive than my other primers but it's still not going to break the bank considering this will probably last me a few years. My new favorite primer - effective, easy to use and travel friendly.
Karen C.
San Francisco, CA
This is the one eye primer that I use for my oily eyelids. It is amazing and smudgeproof and lasts all day. When you apply it on your lids, it doesn't make it oily and actually feels more matte. The products glide on perfectly. I've gone a couple of days without my primer, originally thinking that it wouldn't make a difference, but I could definitely tell that by the second hour, my lids have become oily and some of the color has come off on my lids. Whenever I go out, I can trust my eyeshadow and eyeliner to stay in place. One night I forgot to take off my makeup before I showered and surprisingly when I came out of the shower, I still had some eyeshadow on. I'm already on my second tube and I highly, highly recommend this product!
Lindsey F.
Cleves, OH
This is only one of TWO primers that actually keeps my eyeshadow in place all day. I absolutely love the formula, and it goes on smooth. The dry time is anywhere from 1-2 minutes, but I don't feel like I need to keep my eyes closed during -- I usually just pat down any 'crease' that is created while the product dries when I go to apply my shadow/liner. My only gripe is that you can't really get into the container to scrape out every last bit of product, which is an advantage I like to have with my high-end beauty products! It also becomes tedious to 'scrape' product out with the applicator wand once you're running low. For this reason, I give 4 stars, but in terms of efficacy, a full 5 stars is well deserved!
divya m.
Tampa, FL
This is a good primer for what it's meant to do. It keeps your eyeshadow on and without creasing for 8+ hours so you can get through a day at work no problems. However, for someone like me that will use 3-4 different shadows in one eye look this lacks the biggest factor-blendability. It does such a good job of keeping the shadows in place that it makes it difficult to blend them out. There have been multiple occasions where my crease color has looked like a stark like because this primer makes blending really difficult. For the price you're paying, you want it to offering everything a good bad should and it doesn't do that.
MrsDanielle M.
New York

i love this product very much. I used this product for the first time when I was younger when I spent the night I've my brother house. And every since that day u loved this soap and used it all the time. Also I spent the night over my brothers house a lot because I looked up to him very much. i love this product very much. I used this product for the first time when I was younger when I spent the night I've my brother house. And every since that day u loved this soap and used it all the time. Also I spent the night over my brothers house a lot because I looked up to him very much.
Olga V.
Arlington, TX
This is my holy grail of eye primers. I've been using it for a few years and I'd be devastated if they ever discontinue it. I have deep set eyes, so I used to find that my eye makeup would crease terribly and smudge throughout the day. I'd look like a raccoon before long, so I avoided dark shadows and colorful shadows since they wouldn't stay put. NARS pro prime changed all that. I now use highly pigmented, fun, colorful and dark shades without even a hint of creasing or smudging. My look stays put. This is by far the best eye primer I've ever used and highly recommend it.
Lacey O.
Ypsilanti, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this good to use for super oily eyelids?
Lisa K.
Fair Lawn, NJ
Is the applicator good?
Morgan H.
I haven't really used any eye primers before but feel like my shadow will benefit from using one. I've had a sample of the urban decay one which I don't like and I've swatched the Mac paint pots and they feel a little dry. So you think I would like this? I'm desperate to find one
Kacie R.
Greenfield, MA
Where can I find this
Samantha K.
Is this primer worth the hype? Does it cover vanes?