OVERVIEW:
LOCK EYES
This lightweight eye primer is an insider trick of the trade. It creates a seamless canvas that keeps cream and powder color looking brilliant, fresh, and just-applied all day long. No smudging, creasing, or caking. A polymer and mineral-powder blend establishes a firm grip on color ensuring hours and hours of gorgeous wear. Fortified with a special deep-sea extract and an antioxidant rice extract, the Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base dries on contact and keeps the delicate eyelid smooth and prepared for color application.

BENEFITS:
PREPS EYE FOR SEAMLESS APPLICATION
Instantly transforms to a matte finish, dries in seconds and preps eye for seamless application. Deep Sea Extract provides anti-inflammatory properties while Rice Bran Extract, a powerful antioxidant, nourishes, soothes, and protects.
COLOR STAYS TRUE
Color glides on and stays true throughout the day without creasing or smudging.
EXTENDS THE WEAR OF EYE PRODUCTS
Polymer and Mineral Powder Blend, including Mica, Titanium Dioxide, and a clay derivative holds on to color for hours of gorgeous wear.

HOW TO USE:
Gently sweep a thin layer onto eyelids.
Blend with fingertips from lash to brow.

Opinions ? I have pretty normal skin but have some tiny bumps that show through makeup love a natural foundation that looks flawless. Is this the one?
How do you guys feel about this product? I’ve tried it before but is there anything more affordable that gives the same payoff or does nothing compare to this?
Whoever has used both, do you think this one is better than Urban decay eyeshadow primer potion?
Start your review of NARS Smudge Proof Base Eyeshadow!
Product Highlights
“Hands down, best ever. I've tried a lot of different primers, but this is the best for my oily lids. It holds my shadow all day with zero creasing, even after an entire day of wearing it. It may be expensive, but you are definitely getting what you pay for with this!” in 354 reviews
“If you have ever tried any on NARS products, you won't want to buy anything else because their products are the best! Of course the brand is high priced, but the quality makes it great value. I wasn't a huge fan of eyeshadows before, because none of them lasted on my difficult eyelid... but since I tried NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base I started to use eyeshadows on the daily basis and no matter which brand of eyeshadow it is, it lasts all day and even after the gym it stays put and fresh as if I applied the color 5 minutes ago!” in 119 reviews
“The best shadow base I have ever used (high and low end products).” in 6 reviews
Glencoe, IL
I received a sample of this from Sephora and unfortunately I didn’t think it was effective for keeping my eyeshadow on. It did also sink into my creases - but that is basically inevitable for primers. I wouldn’t personally purchase it because I think the UD Primer is better.
Full, Long, Straight
Pasadena, MD
This eye primer is decent. It's smooth and my shadow blends well with it. I have other primer that work better for much less cost. I like the doe foot applicator and the consistency is nice and creamy. It gets the job done, but for a very steep price.
Purchased at: Sephora
Absolutely love and adore this eye primer! The older I have became the more hooded my eyelids have become and creasing is a serious problem for me. This primer totally keep my eyeshadow from creasing and I love that it comes in a variety of colors.
Thin, Long, Straight
I will be honest I don’t normally use an eyeshadow primer, but I tried this & I honestly don’t see much of a difference for me VS. Just eyeshadow. Then again I do have dry skin so the need for a primer isn’t there. I just generally use a concealer. The price seems a little steep to me considering what you actually get.
Thin, Long
This eyeshadow base is flawless. Most bases are oily or greasy and thick. This one isn't. It blends in beautifully. It makes my eyeshadow colors just pop and makes them stay on and pigmented all day. You nailed it Nars!!
Thin, Short, Straight
Athens, OH
I use this every single time I do my eyeshadow. Very smooth and makes it very difficult to smudge the final look which is amazing. It blends out to be clear and it just gives a silky smooth canvas to work with. Love it.
Thin, Short
Daytona Beach Shores
The best on the market as far as I’m concerned! I love and will always love this one! It makes my eyeshadow pop! No creasing and does not move! I highly recommend this product! I have already purchased twice.
Thin, Short
Phoenix, AZ
This is the best eye primer! I have very oily lids and this one will keep all eyeshadows looking vibrant and keep the creases away. Super easy to apply as well with the doe foot applicator. So. Good!!
Long, Curled
One of my all time favorite eyeshadow primers. I just recently picked up the tinted one. I don’t need to use it daily but I like having it on hand for days where I don’t want my eyeshadow to budge.
Thin, Long, Straight
Madera, CA
I had so much trouble with oily lids by end of night my eyeshadow was off. This base right here was a life saver I no longer have oily lids and it stays on. I would buy again and worth every penny!

158 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...