BY NARS #8 in Eye Primer

OVERVIEW:
LOCK EYES
This lightweight eye primer is an insider trick of the trade. It creates a seamless canvas that keeps cream and powder color looking brilliant, fresh, and just-applied all day long. No smudging, creasing, or caking. A polymer and mineral-powder blend establishes a firm grip on color ensuring hours and hours of gorgeous wear. Fortified with a special deep-sea extract and an antioxidant rice extract, the Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base dries on contact and keeps the delicate eyelid smooth and prepared for color application.

BENEFITS:
PREPS EYE FOR SEAMLESS APPLICATION
Instantly transforms to a matte finish, dries in seconds and preps eye for seamless application. Deep Sea Extract provides anti-inflammatory properties while Rice Bran Extract, a powerful antioxidant, nourishes, soothes, and protects.
COLOR STAYS TRUE
Color glides on and stays true throughout the day without creasing or smudging.
EXTENDS THE WEAR OF EYE PRODUCTS
Polymer and Mineral Powder Blend, including Mica, Titanium Dioxide, and a clay derivative holds on to color for hours of gorgeous wear.

HOW TO USE:
Gently sweep a thin layer onto eyelids.
Blend with fingertips from lash to brow.

• I have very oily lids so not every base works wel for me....4 Answers
  • How does this one compare to Urban Decay and Kat Von D pr...2 Answers
  • How well does this work?1 Answers
NARS Smudge Proof Base Eyeshadow
  • "Hands down, best ever. I've tried a lot of different primers, but this is the best for my oily lids. It holds my shadow all day with zero creasing, even after an entire day of wearing it. It may be expensive, but you are definitely getting what you pay for with this!" in 354 reviews
  • "If you have ever tried any on NARS products, you won't want to buy anything else because their products are the best! Of course the brand is high priced, but the quality makes it great value. I wasn't a huge fan of eyeshadows before, because none of them lasted on my difficult eyelid... but since I tried NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base I started to use eyeshadows on the daily basis and no matter which brand of eyeshadow it is, it lasts all day and even after the gym it stays put and fresh as if I applied the color 5 minutes ago!" in 119 reviews
  • "The best shadow base I have ever used (high and low end products)." in 6 reviews
Mo K.
Nyack , NY
Overall, this is a really good eyeshadow primer. It definitely works better for my oily eyelids than other primers I've tried in the past. The product is white, but as you rub it in it becomes translucent, so there is no coverage. It is lightweight but almost feels greasy; but as you rub it in that feeling goes away and leaves a smooth surface to apply eyeshadow. There is no tackiness left behind, but I do set it with a powder. My eyeshadow lasts all day with this primer! Over 8 hours, it is still vibrant and there are no creases.

I like that it comes with a doe foot applicator, but I wish more product came out on it. Having to dip in many times makes me feel like I'm using a lot of product. The reason I only gave it four stars is because of the price. $26 is quite high for an eyeshadow primer and I've been loving the  Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer , which is a tad cheaper.

But if you have super oily eyelids and nothing's worked for you, definitely try the  NARS Smudge Proof Base Eyeshadow !
Christina G.
Colorado Spgs, CO
This is quite a good eyeshadow primer, though I do prefer the Urban Decay primer potion as my lids are oily and have a deep crease/hood. The NARS primer has a smoother texture which feels nicer going on and makes it easier to blend shadows, it also is less visible on the skin than the Urban Decay if you apply a little further out than where you place your shadow. Unfortunately I don't find it quite as crease resistant as the Urban Decay, the NARS especially seems to crease around my inner corner for some reason, the actual "crease" doesn't crease as much. Not sure if this is some quirk of my application? I don't love the packaging - I feel like doe foot wands in rigid tube packaging tend to leave a lot of product along the sides that you can't reach, though as this is an opaque tube it's hard to tell exactly how much is in there. Also has the infamous rubberised finish which gets grubby incredibly quickly. Bonus: as the tube has both black and white sections they will each look rubbish in a slightly different way!
Megan M.
Redmond, WA
This is one of my favorite eye primers ever. It has a light thin texture that dries clear on my eyes and doesn’t feel heavy on the lids the way some primers can. I actually like the doe foot applicator because I’m often running late or pressed or time and the doe foot allows me to just draw the product directly onto the lid and blend (without having to squeeze it out of a tube). I set it lightly with powder and have no trouble blending eyeshadow. It’s lasted well through long and hot days. The only one that lasts as well is the Mac 24 hour primer, but that one comes in tube packaging so I don’t always reach for it and can be hard to blend over if I don’t set it super well. So I think I prefer NARS.
Katie M.
Madison
I have tried numerous eye shadow primers and this one is by far the best I have ever tried! I have very oily lids so my eyeshadow would always be off by the end of the day and I thought that this would just always happen now. I read some reviews about the Nars eyeshadow base and bought it during a sale at Ulta. I am so impressed! My eyeshadow still looked as good after 8 hours as it did when I first put it on!
I am so impressed by this product. I think the product is expensive but worth it if you can't find anything to keep your eyeshadow on. It takes forever to go through anyway! I strongly recommend!
Sarah G.
Scottsdale, AZ
I have been using this eye primer for years. I know that brands come out with new eye shadow primers all of the time. And occasionally I will test them out, and/or branch out to try something new. But to be completely honest, I have yet to find one that works better than this one from NARS. So until I find one that has skincare properties that actually work added into the formula or an SPF that doesn’t irritate my sensitive, allergy prone eyes, I think I will keep purchasing this one for now.
elena b.
I love love love this eyeshadow primer even though I am not a huge eyeshadow primer user. It works extremely well but its just that it can’t be layered over concealer without a weird mix of texture happening. I really like what it does for eyeshadow looks, but I like to have a uniform base covering my eyelid and discoloration and veins before I use eyeshadow so I was disappointed it didn’t work well with my concealer. Still trying to make it work since its a very effective primer.
Caitlin B.
The best eye shadow primer around! I am a wedding photographer, and I have serious trouble keeping my eye makeup on all day, especially when I am running around sweating and constantly putting a camera up to my eye. My eye shadow would be gone half way through the day, and now it lasts all day with the NARS primer... So happy! It goes on really smooth and my shadow looks even and much more vibrant. Just make sure you wait for it to dry!
Amy S.
Ok y’all, this eye primer works great. I have super extremely oily eyelids and my eye makeup never stays put and creases up all the time. When I use this I do not have that problem. My eye makeup will look perfect from morning to night. It’s amazing how well that this works. I do think there are some primers that are jus as good maybe just a little cheaper but this one works and for works well. If you don’t want to take the chance of your eye makeup budging pick this up!
Angela W.
Holly
This is a great primer. I received a small sample size in one of my Sephora orders. It went on smoothly and kept my eyeshadows in place all day. The doe foot applicator makes for and easy application and you never waste product. I did not purchase the full size because I couldn’t justify the price when I have tried others that work just as well for me, but cost much less. I have no complaints about this product otherwise... it did its job well.
Jillian G.
Columbus
I used to have obscenely oily skin, including very very oily lids. Every primer I tried still let my shadows crease within an hour or less. But THIS primer was the ONLY ONE that kept my shadows in place and crease-free for hours! This product is a miracle worker. Now that my skin has normalized it is less crucial for me, but I absolutely swear by it. No other primer compares.
Lacey O.
Ypsilanti, MI
Is this good to use for super oily eyelids?
Lisa K.
Fair Lawn, NJ
Is the applicator good?
Morgan H.
I haven't really used any eye primers before but feel like my shadow will benefit from using one. I've had a sample of the urban decay one which I don't like and I've swatched the Mac paint pots and they feel a little dry. So you think I would like this? I'm desperate to find one
Kacie R.
Greenfield, MA
Where can I find this
Samantha K.
Is this primer worth the hype? Does it cover vanes?