BY NARS #9 in Eye Primer

OVERVIEW:
LOCK EYES
This lightweight eye primer is an insider trick of the trade. It creates a seamless canvas that keeps cream and powder color looking brilliant, fresh, and just-applied all day long. No smudging, creasing, or caking. A polymer and mineral-powder blend establishes a firm grip on color ensuring hours and hours of gorgeous wear. Fortified with a special deep-sea extract and an antioxidant rice extract, the Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base dries on contact and keeps the delicate eyelid smooth and prepared for color application.

BENEFITS:
PREPS EYE FOR SEAMLESS APPLICATION
Instantly transforms to a matte finish, dries in seconds and preps eye for seamless application. Deep Sea Extract provides anti-inflammatory properties while Rice Bran Extract, a powerful antioxidant, nourishes, soothes, and protects.
COLOR STAYS TRUE
Color glides on and stays true throughout the day without creasing or smudging.
EXTENDS THE WEAR OF EYE PRODUCTS
Polymer and Mineral Powder Blend, including Mica, Titanium Dioxide, and a clay derivative holds on to color for hours of gorgeous wear.

HOW TO USE:
Gently sweep a thin layer onto eyelids.
Blend with fingertips from lash to brow.

• I have very oily lids so not every base works wel for me. Is this...4 Answers
  • How does this one compare to Urban Decay and Kat Von D primers? T...2 Answers
  • Someone said this is a good eyeshadow primer for oily eye lids, i...3 Answers
NARS Smudge Proof Base Eyeshadow
  • "The best shadow base I have ever used (high and low end products)." in 6 reviews
Shasha S.
Lori P.
Burr Ridge, IL
This is the only eye primer that I trust my eyeliner with. I have Asian hooded eyes and I've tried many different eye primers (Urban Decay, Too Faced, Smashbox, MAC) and this is TRULY the only eye primer that I can use and trust that I won't have my eyeliner smudge off by the end of the day. I have repurchased this more times than I can count and though I don't always tend to splurge on beauty items, this is one that I will continue to use. I can typically wear makeup for 10 hours and my eyeshadow will still be intact, with the same pigmentation from the start of the day (including the wings of liquid eyeliner). I highly recommend this if you're looking for a no-fail primer.
Sarah G.
Scottsdale, AZ
I have been using this eye primer for years. I know that brands come out with new eye shadow primers all of the time. And occasionally I will test them out, and/or branch out to try something new. But to be completely honest, I have yet to find one that works better than this one from NARS. So until I find one that has skincare properties that actually work added into the formula or an SPF that doesn’t irritate my sensitive, allergy prone eyes, I think I will keep purchasing this one for now.
Erin R.
Brooklyn, NY
I love this product. It is great for keeping my oils at bay, therefore the eye shadows staying in my lid alllllll day. It’s not greasy at all. It’s like a silicone-y feel on the eyes. I like that it goes “clear” on the eyes which is great because that means you can wear it alone. The ONLY problem I had was that i think it burned my eyes. They always watered. ‘Such a bummer because if that wasn’t the problem, this would be a holy grail for me.
Sara B.
Richland, WA
The NARS Smudge Proof Base Eyeshadow is a great eyeshadow primer! The only things I didn’t like about it is 1. The price and most recently number 2. They experiment on animals. Which for me is a no no. Bummer because this product has an awesome formula! Not too thin or thick. It also really makes your shadows pop! While making it so they do not crease and last longer!
Logan P.
Herndon, VA
I have struggled for FOREVER with creasing eyeshadow. The creasing is the main reason I stopped wearing it. But now being older and having more access to products I thought I'd give eyeshadow another try. And this primer has made all the difference. As I type this my eyeshadow has been on for a little over 10 hours and has not budged or creased!!! I am in LOVE with this primer!!!
Taria B.
Tucson, AZ
The only eye primer I will ever use. It is what I rarely deem, a flawless product. It applies the easiest of any primer I’ve tried, it keeps my eye makeup in place for hours... I’ve even fallen asleep in makeup and my eyeshadow is exactly the same in the morning. An absolute staple in my makeup collection. 10/10NARS Smudge Proof Base Eyeshadow
Becky W.
Edgewater, NJ
This used to be my favorite eye primer! Unfortunately NARS now sells to China and is no longer considered cruelty free in my book so I no longer use this.

However if this doesn’t matter to you, the eye shadow primer was the best I’ve ever used. It goes on light, which makes it perfect for daily use, but it’s still strong enough to last from morning to night. I don’t have super oily lids but it’s held up super long days and nights out for me.

Goes great under pressed or loose eyeshadow powders as well as pencil and liquid liners. Such a versatile product.
Ann W.
Tomah, WI
My absolute favorite eyeshadow primer!! Even with oily lids, it does not let my eyeshadow fade, crease or become dull. I can come home 16 hours after applying and it still looks like I just put it on. I reach for this primer everyday and always try to have it on hand.
Ashley A.
Daly City, CA
I have really oily eyelids and this is the only eye primer that can control the oil all day and keep my eyeshadow on all day. It’s transparent and has no color for coverage and goes on smooth. I like the wand applicator and I continue to purchase this product.
Lacey O.
Ypsilanti, MI
Is this good to use for super oily eyelids?
Lisa K.
Fair Lawn, NJ
Is the applicator good?
Morgan H.
I haven't really used any eye primers before but feel like my shadow will benefit from using one. I've had a sample of the urban decay one which I don't like and I've swatched the Mac paint pots and they feel a little dry. So you think I would like this? I'm desperate to find one
Kacie R.
Greenfield, MA
Where can I find this
Samantha K.
Is this primer worth the hype? Does it cover vanes?