BY NARS #9 in Eye Primer

This lightweight eye primer is an insider trick of the trade. It creates a seamless canvas that keeps cream and powder color looking brilliant, fresh, and just-applied all day long. No smudging, creasing, or caking. A polymer and mineral-powder blend establishes a firm grip on color ensuring hours and hours of gorgeous wear. Fortified with a special deep-sea extract and an antioxidant rice extract, the Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base dries on contact and keeps the delicate eyelid smooth and prepared for color application.

Instantly transforms to a matte finish, dries in seconds and preps eye for seamless application. Deep Sea Extract provides anti-inflammatory properties while Rice Bran Extract, a powerful antioxidant, nourishes, soothes, and protects.
Color glides on and stays true throughout the day without creasing or smudging.
Polymer and Mineral Powder Blend, including Mica, Titanium Dioxide, and a clay derivative holds on to color for hours of gorgeous wear.

Gently sweep a thin layer onto eyelids.
Blend with fingertips from lash to brow.

• I have very oily lids so not every base works wel for me. Is this...4 Answers
  • How does this one compare to Urban Decay and Kat Von D primers? T...2 Answers
  • Someone said this is a good eyeshadow primer for oily eye lids, i...3 Answers
NARS Smudge Proof Base Eyeshadow
  • "The best shadow base I have ever used (high and low end products)." in 6 reviews
Shasha S.
Gillian V.
Must be on my 3rd tube of this. Definitely helps my eyeshadow stay on longer. How do I know? Well ive trialled it with and without. Without- my eyeshadow creased and faded, though fair enough I went out clubbing. But with it underneath my eyeshadow, there is minimal creasing in the inner corners, otherwise the colour is still as vibrant as when I first applied it. This is after at 8 hours when I get home and check my face in the mirror. I wish my inner corner wouldnt crease, but i think its doing a great job already. I use this approximately 5 days a week, lasts around 3-4 months before I need to buy another one. I like the packaging, I just pull the wand out and apply on both of my eyelids. The amount on the wand is enough for both eyelids. When I have to stick the wand back into the tube for the same application, I know Im running low. Cant say what it would be like for super oily eyelids, I would say my eyelids arent particularly oily. Its a good product, not out of thr world awesome. Im bored of looking for new eye primers so will likely stick to this one until some ground breaking one comes out.
Lori P.
Burr Ridge , IL
This is the only eye primer that I trust my eyeliner with. I have Asian hooded eyes and I've tried many different eye primers (Urban Decay, Too Faced, Smashbox, MAC) and this is TRULY the only eye primer that I can use and trust that I won't have my eyeliner smudge off by the end of the day. I have repurchased this more times than I can count and though I don't always tend to splurge on beauty items, this is one that I will continue to use. I can typically wear makeup for 10 hours and my eyeshadow will still be intact, with the same pigmentation from the start of the day (including the wings of liquid eyeliner). I highly recommend this if you're looking for a no-fail primer.
Sarah G.
Scottsdale, AZ
I have been using this eye primer for years. I know that brands come out with new eye shadow primers all of the time. And occasionally I will test them out, and/or branch out to try something new. But to be completely honest, I have yet to find one that works better than this one from NARS. So until I find one that has skincare properties that actually work added into the formula or an SPF that doesn’t irritate my sensitive, allergy prone eyes, I think I will keep purchasing this one for now.
Erin R.
Brooklyn, NY
I love this product. It is great for keeping my oils at bay, therefore the eye shadows staying in my lid alllllll day. It’s not greasy at all. It’s like a silicone-y feel on the eyes. I like that it goes “clear” on the eyes which is great because that means you can wear it alone. The ONLY problem I had was that i think it burned my eyes. They always watered. ‘Such a bummer because if that wasn’t the problem, this would be a holy grail for me.
Sara B.
Richland, WA
The NARS Smudge Proof Base Eyeshadow is a great eyeshadow primer! The only things I didn’t like about it is 1. The price and most recently number 2. They experiment on animals. Which for me is a no no. Bummer because this product has an awesome formula! Not too thin or thick. It also really makes your shadows pop! While making it so they do not crease and last longer!
Srin Y.
I have struggled for FOREVER with creasing eyeshadow. The creasing is the main reason I stopped wearing it. But now being older and having more access to products I thought I'd give eyeshadow another try. And this primer has made all the difference. As I type this my eyeshadow has been on for a little over 10 hours and has not budged or creased!!! I am in LOVE with this primer!!!
Laurann B.
Atlanta, GA
Yes, yes, yes, this is the best! Better than urban decay and smashbox. My eyeshadow creases very badly with no primer. I have oily eyelids. With this product my eyeshadow stays all day and night. I've had people comment on how my eyeshadow still looked perfect even after spending all day at the pool (I didn't get my face wet but was hot, sweaty, and around water all day).
Anna B.
My personal favorite, I first tried this out when I got it as a reward from Sephora and I instantly loved it. Keeps my eyeshadow in place all day , no smudging or creasing. Eyeshadows glide on and blends easier too, what’s not to love. A bit more pricey compared to other primers, but a little goes a long way. Will be purchasing this as long as they keep making it.
Taria B.
Tucson, AZ
The only eye primer I will ever use. It is what I rarely deem, a flawless product. It applies the easiest of any primer I’ve tried, it keeps my eye makeup in place for hours... I’ve even fallen asleep in makeup and my eyeshadow is exactly the same in the morning. An absolute staple in my makeup collection. 10/10NARS Smudge Proof Base Eyeshadow
Lacey O.
Ypsilanti, MI
Is this good to use for super oily eyelids?
Lisa K.
Fair Lawn, NJ
Is the applicator good?
Morgan H.
I haven't really used any eye primers before but feel like my shadow will benefit from using one. I've had a sample of the urban decay one which I don't like and I've swatched the Mac paint pots and they feel a little dry. So you think I would like this? I'm desperate to find one
Kacie R.
Greenfield, MA
Where can I find this
Samantha K.
Is this primer worth the hype? Does it cover vanes?