Add a Photo

Photos (10)
Yiberlin G.
Yiberlin G.
Medley, FL

This is without a doubt my Holy Grail foundation. My skin is so oily, I mean like, I look like I dipped my face in grease halfway through the day. I had tried a few different Matte foundations but this one works the best for me.
I always moisturize my skin before makeup, I apply my Too Faced Primed and Poreless Primer (again, my face is oily), I take maybe two pumps of this foundation and buff it into my skin with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush.
Depending on how irritated my skin is that day I may have to stipple a little extra on my problem areas. What I like most about this product is that I don't have to touch up from shininess all day long. It gives me a very natural look to my skin, which I love, but it can be built up for those nights out when you want full glam.
I wish it was a little less expensive, but I would still pay full price for it, especially now that I purchased the pump.
Amanda C.
Amanda C.
Tulsa, OK

Be still my heart! Nars is everything! I love that I can have the confidence in a brand so much that I don't feel I have to check 100 reviews before I feel comfortable dropping a pretty penny on a Cosmetics purchase! I seen this in Sephora & Was instantly drawn in by the simple but strong packaging & it being a matte finish foundation is what sealed the deal! I'm a full coverage type of girl but some days when I don't want to do a full face I like a good sheer skin-like foundation finish but still a decent Pigmented coverage so I thought this would be perfect & versatile for both needs & I was right! It covers nicely but natural with just one application, but when going full face flawless glam this is very buildable without being cakey! I almost always have to use a setting powder but with this foundation I didn't even feel I needed it! This is a little on the high end cost wise for me personally but I don't mind the money if I love the product & I definitely love the product so it's 110% something that I would repurchase & I'm also thinking about using it in my profile kit as well just cause of the versatility! Nars Rocks!
Yuseth R.
Yuseth R.
Tijuana

I really love this foundation, color is Santa Fe. I have combination skin with somewhat dry cheeks and super oily t-zone, yuck! I originally had my heart set on amazonian clay full coverage foundation but I longed for that dewy Korean glow ( I'm actually a light to medium skin toned Hispanic, should that matter). My sister mentioned that Nars would be a good option. Upon seing "Sheer Glow" I thought nope, been there, I need some coverage. I have freckles, large pores (thanks mom) and would like to even out my skintone somewhat. But I tried it, loved it and after a week of use I'm still in love with it. I use Tarte Clean Slate perfecting primer cuz again, I have a mean T-zone, but its great, I can barely see my pores :) and I get enough dewy glow and coverage sanz the oil. The coverage is def. not full, it's medium but its buildable and takes care of evening me out wonderfully. Overall 4.25 stars for me.
Patti Ann S.
Patti Ann S.

I give this 3 stars because I've actually been using it less and less. It has been my favorite foundation for some time now but I feel my skin may have changed. I have super oily skin and this applies well, everything about it is great I just have to use so much setting powder to keep it on my face that I end up being too full-coverage/fake looking. For someone without that problem it is a fuller medium coverage foundation. The packaging is annoying to get the product out of sometimes but I just pour a little on my stippling brush and apply it to my face using a damp beauty blender afterwards to smooth it out. My face feels unable to sweat when this is on and therefore kicks my sweat glands into over drive and I sweat it all off before I even make it out! And for that reason is why I didn't rate it higher.
Brenda R.
Brenda R.
Sierra Vista

Nars Sheer Matte is one of the best foundations I have ever tried! I bought Nars New Guinea Sheer Matte Foundation and it truly matches my skin tone perfectly. The application was smooth and didn't streak or look patchy on my skin. I have combination skin and it stayed looking fresh.all day, I also used a primer and setting spray for more staying power with great results!!
This foundation is a amazing product and its one of my new favorite foundations. I love the coverage on it even though it says sheer on it I think it is a nice medium coverage foundation. It mattifies down really nicely and its not uncomfortable on the skin and it doesn't look cakey AT ALL it is gorgeous with any sort of setting powder but I find it can be worn on its own without any powder. So if you have oily skin like me and your looking for a foundation with a decent coverage and a nice mattifing finish, this is defintely what you need in your life
Harshita R.
Harshita R.

I really love this foundation. I've tried from high brands to drugstore and all of them seemed too Cakey on me for some reason. But, once I tried the sheer glow I loved it. Since it was a nice coverage but looked super natural on the skin. The couple of downsides were that it oxidized dark so it didn't match as well as when it was first applied. Also, I have combination skin leaning more towards oily so by the end of the day, I had to use oil sheets just to make it look more matte. Besides those things I really do love this foundation :)
Nat💜
Nat💜

This foundation is everything!!! I'm normally not a fan of sheer foundations unless my skin is looking A+ but this one is just perfect. For being sheer coverage, it's still nice to even out the skin tone but it's so easy to build up the coverage if you want to without it feeling heavy. Staying power is great as well. I've never had a problem with this foundation. I wish this wasn't discontinued because I need more of it in my life! NARS, please bring Sheer Matte back, please!!
Tashun L.
Tashun L.
Statesboro, GA

I accidentally purchased this product and the first thing I noticed was the color. When I got matched at sephora the color was very off, and when it applied there was very little coverage but I felt like it was extremely drying. By the time I blended it and got ready to apply concealer my face was cakey and I had to remove it. I tried it with different primers as well and it just doesn't work for me
Emily S.
Emily S.
Marrero, LA

I can not say enough good things about this foundation. I bought this foundation about two years ago after some kind sales associate at Sephora legit spent a half hour trying to match my skin tone. My skin is kind of uneven with random red patches all over. This foundation (along with my green primer) evens out my skin tone. The coverage is pretty amazing and I love it. 10/10 would buy again.
Ok now this is the foundation I'm in serious need of, I have oily skin and need a matte look. This looks amazing. But is it really really matte?
Jeanie O.
Jeanie O.
Edmonton

I've heard alot of good things about this product and I really want to try it so bad. However I have a combination skin type so I'm not sure if it'll have a full/ nice coverage on me.
Tanha U.
Tanha U.

Is this product any good?
Does this work with oily skin? Does it cause acne?
Amanda J.
Amanda J.
Newport News, VA

how is the coverage on this? I normally use ud all nighter but I'm looking to try something different!

Join Now