Génesis M.
Houston,TX
Review for: Deauville (light w/neutral balance of pink and yellow undertones) more...
This is a great foundation for everyday usage, with its natural medium coverage and light formula I am in love! It gives a nice natural glow to the face instead of a matte finish that can often look heavy and chalky on the skin. As I have very oily skin especially during the summer, I would shy away from products that claimed to be “glowy” or “dewy” as I really was not in any need of the extra shine, the oil on my face gave me enough of that! But I have to say it doesn’t disappoint, I am not left too shiny by the end of the day, although there is no doubt there is still some shine going on, but I expect that anyway from any foundation, nonetheless, a powder is an easy fix for that! Unlike past foundations, such as the ‘Fit me’ liquid foundation by Maybelline that would completely melt off my face and onto the collars of my shirts by the end of the day, the Nars sheer glow does seem to impress. What I would suggest for those with more oily skin, mix the foundation with a little bit of your favourite drug store matte foundation, mine being currently the ‘stay matte’ by Rimmel, this way you’re still get the nice texture and glow from the Nares but you don’t get oily so easily. Be aware that this foundation is not a heavy full coverage foundation but it can easily be built up to a more full coverage.