Add a Photo

By NARS
#10 in Liquid Foundation
Medium with pink undertone NARS reinvents foundation with a modern formulation designed to enhance your natural complexion without masking it. The weightless formula glides on effortlessly, blurring imperfections and evening out skin tone for the ultimate sophisticated finish that allows your skin s natural beauty to shine though. Sheer Glow is a glowing, satin-finish foundation with sheer and buildable coverage. Replete with skincare benefits and the NARS Exclusive Complexion Brightening Formula, skin is hydrated, more luminous, softer and smoother. Illuminate your skin for an immaculate finish. Foundation, Vallauris
Photos (179)
Alison W.
Alison W.
Cincinnati, OH

I had high hopes for this foundation. I really wanted to love it because of all the fabulous reviews I have read and watched. It looks absolutely amazing on others, but unfortunately, it just didn't work for me. Firstly, I have dry skin so all those little dry patches that I didn't even know I had were put on display after applying the Nars Foundation. I did prep my skin with serum, moisturizer, primer... really anything I could find to try to make this my new go-to foundation. It didn't work out very well. After about an hour of wearing the foundation I noticed that I could see ALL my fine lines and wrinkles... again, some I didn't even know I had. My checks look super blotchy which was a HUGE turn off! I bought the Nars Foundation at Sephora, and for $48, I just expected a lot more :(
Now for the great things about Nars...The packaging is amaz-balls! It has a pump which helped to not waste any product. Because there IS a pump, the application was easy a faster than others. Nars also has a great range of colors to match your skin. If you go to Sephora they can use their Color IQ device and find your specific skin color! I really loved that Nars has sooo many colors to choose from. Plus with the Nars Foundation, a little goes a looong way! You don't need to much of this stuff to cover your face.
I'd recommend this to people with skin that is somewhat clear and more on the oily side! Hope this help someone!
Maria V.
Maria V.
Medley, FL

Decades, ladies, that's how long I've spent trying to find a foundation. 80% of the time, the colors were off. I have very pale skin with a yellow base, but lots of redness on the apples of my cheeks. Most years I just gave up the search and went without, and looked like I'd overdone the blush. But lately I got into the search again. After trying a lot of compact foundations (which ended up being too drying), I tried the various Nars colors. Surprisingly, the colors Mont Blanc and Deauville, which I thought would be closest for me, were not - because they have a lot of peach in them. Gobi is actually my perfect shade. I bought the Sheer Glow foundation and have worn it since Thanksgiving 2010, for everyday, for parties, whatever. It doesn't melt, it doesn't look spackly. Just makes me look like I have nice, smooth, even skin. Because of this, I've transitioned to Nars for almost every makeup product I use (except Guerlain for eye shadows because I like more than just 2 colors in a palette, and Diorshow mascara). Very happy. The only thing that I noticed to make this a little "off" is that it is not really a 'glow' foundation per se. I am here on Amazon to buy the Multiple in Copacabana to add a little shine to my face.
Amanda S.
Amanda S.

I bought the wrong color of this foundation so I will just throw that out there first. It absolutely plays a role in my review as the shades are very hard to nail down and that's unfortunate for such an expensive product. That being said, I am typically the fairest shade in every foundation or a blend of the fairest and the second lightest in neutral. The Siberia shade was far too light for me, but I gave it a shot anyway because I love NARS and was dying to try their foundation. Moving on... I was able to work bronzer in to bring life/ color back to my face. However, application of this foundation is a bit harder to figure out. In my experience it applies best with a very moisturizer and primed skin and a foundation brush. Beauty blender and finger application did not look so good. My skin can lean dry at times, but never experienced the clinging inpatches like I did with this product. Not even with serum-like foundation. I think if you prime very well and your face is moisturized night before and morning of it might work great. It certainly does look very natural, "my skin but better," but I could not get past the random spots/ patches I could see on my face.
Juvella T.
Juvella T.
Bronx

I initially loved the way it looked on me when I applied it, and I apply all my foundation with a damp beauty blender. My skin looked flawless and just photoshop, 'nough said. Btw, I have sensitive, combo, acne-prone skin so I made sure I did EXTENSIVE research and looked at the ingredients and many reviews etc before getting TWO samples from sephora because in actuality I'm in between shades (I samples Fiji and Punjab and mixed the two to get my perfect shade). After I finished my makeup, I put my glasses on since I'm a glasses wearer and as soon as I did the foundation rubbed off wherever my glasses touched. I didn't mind it since a lot of foundations I try seem to do that. The major issues I actually have with this foundation are that it just kept breaking down throughout the day, even after an hour it broke down. By the end of the day there was basically no foundation left on my face and what's more, my face was full of blackhead and whiteheads and rashes! I am glad I just got samples instead of buying the thing.
Candy B.
Candy B.
Sahuarita, AZ

This was one of my first high end foundations and I'll probably be forever in love with it. The shade Medium 3 "Barcelona" is my perfect match. I'll be honest, this product is neither sheer nor glowy. It has medium to full coverage and it's coverage is demi matte, but somehow it gives off a very skinlike natural finish. In a way, it lets your skin glow but it has no glowing properties like shimmer particles, etc. To me, this product feels lightweight on the face. It's also quite long lasting. I know some people have problems with this separating throughout the day but I have no problem with this. FYI, I have dry skin and make sure to moisturize before application. I would definitely but this product again. Worth the splurge. BUT!!! There is no pump that comes with the product. For a $47 foundation from NARS, I expected better packaging than this. I had to purchase a pump separately, then later have to find out that the cap doesn't fit after putting the pump on. Ridiculous!
Ariel R.
Ariel R.

This is one of my holy grail, go to foundations. First off, the shade range is pretty good for fair shades. I'm usually around a NC/NW15 and many brands don't have anything light enough.

Despite the name, this isn't really a luminous finish. It's more so a satin/natural finish, which I like (I have dry skin). I've seen this work for a variety of skin types, though if you have significantly oily skin I'd go with something else (*cough*Hourglass Immaculate Liquid*cough*).

The finish is somewhat build-able between lightish to medium full. The only things to keep in mind is this is a water based (with cyclopentasiloxane) formula so in my experience this won't wear well directly on something oily (like moisturizer). The second thing is Nars sells the pump separate for about $6, which is annoying since this isn't the cheapest foundation and it's a complete pain to use without the pump. All in all I still love it though.
Molly B.
Molly B.

This is my current everyday foundation. I love the finish. As probably obvious by the name of the product, it does have a dewy finish, however, if you are a matte lover, you can easily cancel it out using powder. I do find it to be moisturizing, and long-wearing. It doesn't provide the most coverage (it is sheer to buildable) however, it does the job. I feel like the effect of the foundation depends on your skin, and what you layer under it and over it. If you have a good primer, and a good setting powder/setting spray, it is wonderful. If you don't though, it may not be as great. Additionally due to it having a dewy finish, if you have oily skin, you will definitely need to touch up with powder, but it's not that big of a deal. Overall it's a great foundation, with pros and cons, it more or less depends on what works best for you, and your preference.
Michael P.
Michael P.
Las Vegas, NV

While I haven't exactly used this color I have used the Nars Sheer Glow in Syracrus and I am absolutely in love with it. I am combo skin so I don't mind using a foundation with signaficant moisture. If you're oily you might not like if especially without a setting powder for your t-zone but if you can use one or don't mind touching up with light powder at least once a day you'll be fine. The finish is flawless and is less sheer than advertised. I have some acne scarring that is moderate to severe and it covered everything up while blurring my complexion which I love. The only down part as it last about 4+ hours then it starts to slowly wear down but it will still look Goregous. The last complaint is that it doesn't have a foundation pump, they make one but they make you buy it seperately which is a not cool. But besides that it's a solid 4.5/5
Hailey P.
Hailey P.
Thibodaux, LA

This is a great, build able coverage foundation. It applies flawlessly with a brush or a beauty blender. I wear it for my everyday, natural look. I love that when I wear it, it doesn't look or feel cakey. My skin can actually breath. There are two problems I have with it though. I don't like the fact that it doesn't come with a pump, however this can be easily fixed and NARS sells foundation pumps. My other concern is that it doesn't hold up well at all when I sweat, and in South Louisiana heat, that's a problem. Louisiana stays hot and humid almost year around so I sweat almost every day. I try to keep blotting paper with me to control the sweating so it doesn't separate the foundation from my skin. Thankfully I use urban decays deslick finishing spray and that helps keep it all place for the better part of the day.
I know this foundation is a long time favorite for a lot of people and I can tell why it is so popular. It has medium coverage and you can build it up to full coverage. It feels very light on your skin, lasts all day when it's set with powder, and it has natural radiant finish. It not radiant like a glow ball, it's the natural your-own-skin way radiant. You know that glow you get after getting out of shower and put moisturizer on? It's similar to that - I would be lying it's the same but pretty close. And it stays that way at least 5 hours without being oily or cakey. It's in my staple makeup drawer and I reach for this when I need a reliable foundation. One complain is the pump - I wish it comes with a pump but you have to purchase it separately in $6. It's not much but sometimes it's an extra work to order a pump.
Veronica P.
Veronica P.

Is this supposed to come with a pump or not? In store it had a pump but mine didn't?
Juliette M.
Juliette M.
Saginaw, MN

Is the price worth the product?
Ashley R.
Ashley R.
Jersey city, NJ

Is this foundation offers full coverage ? Is it good for oily skin?
christie p.
christie p.

What is the best way to apply this foundation? I have a hard time blending this once on my skin.
ASHLEIGH P.
ASHLEIGH P.

Does anyone think this is good for scar coverage ive seen mixed reviews help!!

Join Now