BY NARS #26 in Liquid Foundation

Medium with pink undertone NARS reinvents foundation with a modern formulation designed to enhance your natural complexion without masking it. The weightless formula glides on effortlessly, blurring imperfections and evening out skin tone for the ultimate sophisticated finish that allows your skin s natural beauty to shine though. Sheer Glow is a glowing, satin-finish foundation with sheer and buildable coverage. Replete with skincare benefits and the NARS Exclusive Complexion Brightening Formula, skin is hydrated, more luminous, softer and smoother. Illuminate your skin for an immaculate finish. Foundation, Vallauris see more...

• want to try a new foundation product, like NARS Sheer Glow Founda...4 Answers
  • Can this be built up to full coverage?3 Answers
  • Anybody love NARS? Never used bc so expensive but really wanna tr...3 Answers
Maria V.
Decades, ladies, that's how long I've spent trying to find a foundation. 80% of the time, the colors were off. I have very pale skin with a yellow base, but lots of redness on the apples of my cheeks. Most years I just gave up the search and went without, and looked like I'd overdone the blush. But lately I got into the search again. After trying a lot of compact foundations (which ended up being too drying), I tried the various Nars colors. Surprisingly, the colors Mont Blanc and Deauville, which I thought would be closest for me, were not - because they have a lot of peach in them. Gobi is actually my perfect shade. I bought the Sheer Glow foundation and have worn it since Thanksgiving 2010, for everyday, for parties, whatever. It doesn't melt, it doesn't look spackly. Just makes me look like I have nice, smooth, even skin. Because of this, I've transitioned to Nars for almost every makeup product I use (except Guerlain for eye shadows because I like more than just 2 colors in a palette, and Diorshow mascara). Very happy. The only thing that I noticed to make this a little "off" is that it is not really a 'glow' foundation per se. I am here on Amazon to buy the Multiple in Copacabana to add a little shine to my face.
Ariel R.
This is one of my holy grail, go to foundations. First off, the shade range is pretty good for fair shades. I'm usually around a NC/NW15 and many brands don't have anything light enough.

Despite the name, this isn't really a luminous finish. It's more so a satin/natural finish, which I like (I have dry skin). I've seen this work for a variety of skin types, though if you have significantly oily skin I'd go with something else (*cough*Hourglass Immaculate Liquid*cough*).

The finish is somewhat build-able between lightish to medium full. The only things to keep in mind is this is a water based (with cyclopentasiloxane) formula so in my experience this won't wear well directly on something oily (like moisturizer). The second thing is Nars sells the pump separate for about $6, which is annoying since this isn't the cheapest foundation and it's a complete pain to use without the pump. All in all I still love it though.
Hailey P.
Thibodaux, LA
This is a great, build able coverage foundation. It applies flawlessly with a brush or a beauty blender. I wear it for my everyday, natural look. I love that when I wear it, it doesn't look or feel cakey. My skin can actually breath. There are two problems I have with it though. I don't like the fact that it doesn't come with a pump, however this can be easily fixed and NARS sells foundation pumps. My other concern is that it doesn't hold up well at all when I sweat, and in South Louisiana heat, that's a problem. Louisiana stays hot and humid almost year around so I sweat almost every day. I try to keep blotting paper with me to control the sweating so it doesn't separate the foundation from my skin. Thankfully I use urban decays deslick finishing spray and that helps keep it all place for the better part of the day.
Abby Y.
Once I got into makeup, this was the first one that I purchased. I used it for quite some time, probably more than a year, and then I ventured on to new things. However, as of late, I have come back to this foundation because I forgot how good it is! The coverage is medium, but you could build it up to full. It may have a ton of coverage, but it does not feel like makeup is plastered on your face. The formula is uber comfortable, and once powdered - this stuff won't budge! My only complaint is that during the summer (the heat), this foundation doesn't keep my oil at bay as well. By hour three, I usually see some shininess, but it's nothing that some powder can't fix. This foundation is pretty pricey, but it lasts forever and performs well; so, it is well worth it!
Charlee S.
This foundation is soooo good. I decided to try it after reading so many positive things and I'm glad I did! It's the most natural looking foundation I've ever used. It definitely does add lots of glow so if you're oily or combination, this might not work too well for you. i have a very flakey nose and this just glides over it. I've tried applying it with a brush and beauty blender and while both ways look beautiful, the beauty blender is my favorite. I definitely recommend using a primer and setting this foundation because it can slide around but adding powder does not emphasize my dry skin when used over this so I don't mind. The price tag is quite hefty but if you're looking to invest in a high end foundation, this one is beautiful.
Alex R.
Philadelphia, PA
I wanted to love it, who doesn't want to look flawless and all a glow? Well I wore this for an event, and it looked great in the store, but it was already cracking by the time I got to the event. Then the foundation started to melt down my face and settle in...Yuck, who needs that? And besides I am 27 there isn't a whole lot to settle into besides some larger pores on my cheeks, and little baby furrow line, but it settle right in there, which just isn't attractive, and I had to worry about it transferring color onto my new dress. Plus it was a best friends bridal shower so those pictures are going to be around for a while and I would have been better off going with a strong lip and and cat eye and skipped this foundation.
Lane H.
Grand Rapids, MI
I was really hoping that this would be the ultimate foundation for me - I've heard so many great things. It was good for color matching - I'm fairly pale with peach undertones so I'm typically looking for ivory with yellow corrector in it. Usually that's hard to find and I end up with the dreaded foundation line between my jawline and neck.
However, this foundation takes a little working with - I have decently moisturized skin that tends toward dry and I apply it with a damp beauty blender. I had hoped it would look a little more natural than it does, but since I purchased my bottle from a second-hand seller, I'm glad I paid a little less for it.
Ultimately, B+ for this foundation.
Anne K.
Baldwin, NY
Nars sheer glow is a great product. This foundation blends well, goes on smoothly, it lasts all day, and is a foundation that is more on the natural side it has light to medium coverage. If you like foundation to appear more natural looking on your skin then this might be a good pick for you. They have a large shade range of color options so this also helps you find the perfect shade. The only disadvantage of this product is that it doesn't come with a pump, you can purchase it at the Nars counter or at another makeup store. I don't mind that much, I have so many foundations when I'm done with one, I save the pumps and some of them fit in the ones that need pumps.
Lidiya A.
Awesome foundation. Eventhough this is not a matte, it did not make my combo skin look oily at all. This lasted about 6 hours for me and no caking or oilyness. I set this with loose powder and baked unde my eyes, and this was magic. When used with the NARS creamy consealer, its amazing. However, I would not wear this for more than 6 hours, because it can crease, especially on a hot day - I live in Vegas, so lots of powder to combat the oil for me. However, overall this foundation is amazing and there are plenty of shades to match any skintone. The texture of the foundation felt finely-milled and my pores looked amazing and gone! Definitely worth investing in.
Brileigh S.
Atlanta, GA
Tried this foundation for the first time when I went to Sephora to get my makeup done for my birthday. The first words out of my mouth when the MUA applied it to my face were "I need this in my life". Even though I had already bought an expensive foundation from Mac, I went ahead and bought this one because I was so pleased with the results. Don't let the sheer part fool you, this foundation can provide full coverage without the cakey look. I usually only need one layer to cover up acne scars. I also have oily skin and it does not make me look like I just bathed in oil. Instead it gives me a nice dewy look. Overall very pleased and will continue to purchase
Veronica P.
Is this supposed to come with a pump or not? In store it had a pump but mine didn't?
Juliette M.
Saginaw, MN
Is the price worth the product?
Ashley R.
Jersey city, NJ
Is this foundation offers full coverage ? Is it good for oily skin?
christie p.
What is the best way to apply this foundation? I have a hard time blending this once on my skin.
ASHLEIGH P.
Does anyone think this is good for scar coverage ive seen mixed reviews help!!