BY NARS

AN ARTISTRY ESSENTIAL FOR CREATING A UNIVERSAL, NATURAL GLOW. POWERED BY THE NARS COMPLEXION BRIGHTENING FORMULA, THIS LIGHTWEIGHT, BUILDABLE FORMULA CREATES A RANGE OF EFFECTS WHILE EVENING THE COMPLEXION AND IMPROVING SKIN’S TEXTURE AND BRIGHTNESS.

OVERVIEW:
SHEER PERFECTION
A glowing, natural radiant finish foundation with sheer, buildable coverage that immaculately evens skin tone. Replete with skincare benefits and the NARS Complexion Brightening Formula, it leaves skin hydrated, more luminous, softer, and smoother. An artistry essential for creating a natural glow, when used daily, Sheer Glow Foundation improves the skin's brightness and texture. Ideal for evening the complexion with a natural, lightweight glow.

BENEFITS:
LEAVES SKIN PERFECTLY HYDRATED AND GLOWING
Glycerin, known as one of the most effective and well-known humectants, attracts and holds moisture, preventing dryness and ensuring all day hydration.
BRIGHTENS AND PROTECTS SKIN
Vitamin C derivative helps to brighten skin and diminishes the look of discoloration.
EVENS SKIN TONE
Turmeric Extract, a plant of the ginger family, improves skin radiance and evens skin tone.
Consumer sensory tests*:
96% says it evens out skin tone
100% says skin feels soft and smooth
92% says skin feels moisturized
79% says it hydrates skin throughout the day

HOW TO USE:
Always warm foundation in the hand and apply with fingertips.
A great clean-up tool—use with the #12 Cream Blending Brush under the eyes and around the lips to make sure lines are crisp and perfect.

• Hey everyone! I’ve been trying to find a new foundation t...3 Answers
  • want to try a new foundation product, like NARS Sheer Glo...4 Answers
  • Can this foundation be built up to achieve full coverage?1 Answers
Génesis M.
Review for: Deauville (light w/neutral balance of pink and yellow undertones) more...
This is a great foundation for everyday usage, with its natural medium coverage and light formula I am in love! It gives a nice natural glow to the face instead of a matte finish that can often look heavy and chalky on the skin. As I have very oily skin especially during the summer, I would shy away from products that claimed to be “glowy” or “dewy” as I really was not in any need of the extra shine, the oil on my face gave me enough of that! But I have to say it doesn’t disappoint, I am not left too shiny by the end of the day, although there is no doubt there is still some shine going on, but I expect that anyway from any foundation, nonetheless, a powder is an easy fix for that! Unlike past foundations, such as the ‘Fit me’ liquid foundation by Maybelline that would completely melt off my face and onto the collars of my shirts by the end of the day, the Nars sheer glow does seem to impress. What I would suggest for those with more oily skin, mix the foundation with a little bit of your favourite drug store matte foundation, mine being currently the ‘stay matte’ by Rimmel, this way you’re still get the nice texture and glow from the Nares but you don’t get oily so easily. Be aware that this foundation is not a heavy full coverage foundation but it can easily be built up to a more full coverage.
Margarita S.
Tucson, AZ
Review for: Syracuse (medium-dark w/brown undertones) more...
I’ve never bought a high end foundation due to the price points. I never understood why any foundation would cost that much until I actually tried one. I went to Sephora and asked for a sample and tried it for a week. I then decided to purchase it with a GC given to be by a friend. And let me tell you I LOVE IT! It’s totally worth it. I have extremely dry skin and every other foundation always enhances my dry patches along with my acne. This foundation smooths out your skin and even covers acne scars without the need to spot/color correct. I would recommend this for anyone looking for something that’s long lasting, covers scars & dark spots and smooths out texture. I’m definitely repurchasing this foundation in the future. The primer I’ve found works great with this is the hourglass veil mineral primer.
Erica P.
Morgantown, WV
I must be one of the only people who have issues with NARS foundations.  I picked this up on the recommendation of a beauty subreddit, and I was very excited to try this.  I was matched with Gobi, and frankly it's probably the best shade match I've ever managed.  I went home and tried this on, but it went on so dry and lackluster that I had to take it off.

I looked up the recommended ways to apply Sheer Glow.  NARS recommends using your fingers, so I did that.  I used it over a primer, and I used it without.  Both times it dried down patchy and parched.  I tried using a blender sponge, with and without primer.  No dice.  I tried with a brush, with and without primer.  Nada.

I wore this one day to work and I was horrified to see it clumping up and fading away throughout the day.  I was so embarrassed with how my makeup looked.  It was fading from my nose and chin, and clumping up everywhere else.  I took it off immediately when I got home.

I gave this a two star rating for the shade match, which was spot on.  But this joins the All Day Luminous and the Natural Radiant Longwear foundations in that none of them work for me, they all get gross and fade away, and disappoint me.  I had such high hopes for this product, but for the cost, it's not worth the effort to try and make it work.
Rmomen14 M.
Clifton, VA
Review for: Punjab (medium w/golden, peachy undertones) more...
This is a great foundation for every day and also when you’re looking for a heavy foundation. The reason I say this is because when you use a little bit you’ll get like coverage but if you pack on more it’ll become more of a fuller coverage. I don’t like the packaging. There is no pump and when you get towards the end of the bottle you are definitely going to waste product because it’s hard to get it out. I looked online once and there is a pump but you have to pay extra for it. It also took me a while to find my color so definitely ask for samples before buying a full-size. In comparison to the Matte Version of this foundation this one is definitely as its name saws a glow foundation, so it gives you more of a dewy look and it’s great for dry skin or for the winter time
Karina B.
Sparks, NV
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: Punjab (medium w/golden, peachy undertones) more...
I started off trying this foundation as a sample from ulta. I loved it more than another Nars foundation and ended up purchasing the full bottle in color Punjab. It’s really light weight super easy to blend. It doesn’t feel like you have foundation on. That made it a really good summer foundation in my opinion. The coverage is buildable but I’d say a medium coverage at most. If you want a full coverage you may not love this foundation. It also is a satin to dewy finish, not matte. Overall I would repurchase, I think the color matched my skin quite well and gives a really healthy appearance to skin without looking like you have a ton of make up on.
Victoria E.
North Oaks, MN
My ultimate go-to makeup. This foundation is the holy grail of foundation. I have been using this foundation for close to ten years and it has never let me down. Don’t be fooled by the name. You can get medium coverage with this foundation and also sheer coverage. It is incredibly buildable. Easily layered and never looks cakey. It gives that supermodel dewy finish that everyone raves about without ruining photos. Get the pump. You won’t regret it. Highly recommend using a beauty blender with this. Awesome for ladies looking for yellow undertones too, they have shades for you!
Tara H.
Review for: Fiji (light w/yellow undertones) more...
I love this foundation. I used this all the time when my skin didn’t need a ton of coverage. It is medium coverage with a beautiful, luminous finish. This is one of the only foundations that I’ve actually finished an entire bottle of. It’s expensive but it lasted me well over a year (not used daily).

I have applied this with both a beautyblender and multiple types of foundation brushes. It always blended well and never looked streaky or cakey.

I can no longer use this because I need more coverage at the moment, but when my skin gets better I am definitely going to repurchase!
Megan R.
Review for: Fiji (light w/yellow undertones) more...
This is probably the best foundation that I’ve tried. The shade light 5/ FIJI fit my skin perfectly!! One thing I liked about this is it made my skin look so healthy and hydrated. I have very dry skin so finding a foundation that does not make it more noticeable can be tricky at times! I paired this with the hydrating primer from smash box and they worked together beautifully. This foundation can look more like a full coverage depending on how much you need/have to cover up. But Id say overall it is a more natural looking foundation which I do like a lot.
Caitlyn S.
Bolton, MA
Review for: Mont Blanc (light w/pink undertones) more...
I would give this a 4.5 star but can't lol. I love the shade matches my fair skin. It's great for any skin type. It says sheer glow but don't let you throw you off, it's not sheer and doesn't have a 'glow' to it, imho. I definitely recommend. I told the girl at Sephora that I am looking for a foundation that is medium to full overage, won't cake or make my lines and dry skin look worse.....well. It's great except that into recommend a moisturizer or primer before or it will make both those things look worse. I also learned that their foundation is made to put on with your fingers, not a beauty blender or especially a foundation brush! I had been using my foundation 'paint brush' and it was coming out all streaky. I went back, told the girl. She explained fingers, and a dry beauty blender for some spots. Now I'm using those new paddle brushes that are all over Instagram and those are working great too.  I have this in Monte blanc- love it!
Tamam O.
burbank
Review for: Stromboli (medium w/olive undertones), Barcelona (medium w/golden, peach undertones) more...
So this foundation is my absolute favorite out of the many many many foundations I’ve tried. It’s medium to full coverage depending on what type of coverage you’re looking for! I usually layer it on little by little, I do love coverage but for those hot summer days it’s my go to for a light natural look. The colors are very wide spread, I am usually between the shades Barcelona and Stromboli. My skin tone has a yellow undertone, the only difference is ones lighter than the other. You can always mix foundations to create your color too! Overall amazing foundation, I will be purchasing over & over again!
Veronica P.
Is this supposed to come with a pump or not? In store it had a pump but mine didn't?
Juliette M.
Saginaw, MN
Is the price worth the product?
Ashley R.
Jersey city, NJ
Is this foundation offers full coverage ? Is it good for oily skin?
christie p.
What is the best way to apply this foundation? I have a hard time blending this once on my skin.
ASHLEIGH P.
Does anyone think this is good for scar coverage ive seen mixed reviews help!!