BY NARS #44 in Liquid Foundation

AN ARTISTRY ESSENTIAL FOR CREATING A UNIVERSAL, NATURAL GLOW. POWERED BY THE NARS COMPLEXION BRIGHTENING FORMULA, THIS LIGHTWEIGHT, BUILDABLE FORMULA CREATES A RANGE OF EFFECTS WHILE EVENING THE COMPLEXION AND IMPROVING SKIN’S TEXTURE AND BRIGHTNESS.

OVERVIEW:
SHEER PERFECTION
A glowing, natural radiant finish foundation with sheer, buildable coverage that immaculately evens skin tone. Replete with skincare benefits and the NARS Complexion Brightening Formula, it leaves skin hydrated, more luminous, softer, and smoother. An artistry essential for creating a natural glow, when used daily, Sheer Glow Foundation improves the skin's brightness and texture. Ideal for evening the complexion with a natural, lightweight glow.

BENEFITS:
LEAVES SKIN PERFECTLY HYDRATED AND GLOWING
Glycerin, known as one of the most effective and well-known humectants, attracts and holds moisture, preventing dryness and ensuring all day hydration.
BRIGHTENS AND PROTECTS SKIN
Vitamin C derivative helps to brighten skin and diminishes the look of discoloration.
EVENS SKIN TONE
Turmeric Extract, a plant of the ginger family, improves skin radiance and evens skin tone.
Consumer sensory tests*:
96% says it evens out skin tone
100% says skin feels soft and smooth
92% says skin feels moisturized
79% says it hydrates skin throughout the day

HOW TO USE:
Always warm foundation in the hand and apply with fingertips.
A great clean-up tool—use with the #12 Cream Blending Brush under the eyes and around the lips to make sure lines are crisp and perfect.

• want to try a new foundation product, like NARS Sheer Glo...4 Answers
  • Does this foundation have full coverage?5 Answers
  • Can this be built up to full coverage?5 Answers
Erica P.
Morgantown
I must be one of the only people who have issues with NARS foundations.  I picked this up on the recommendation of a beauty subreddit, and I was very excited to try this.  I was matched with Gobi, and frankly it's probably the best shade match I've ever managed.  I went home and tried this on, but it went on so dry and lackluster that I had to take it off.

I looked up the recommended ways to apply Sheer Glow.  NARS recommends using your fingers, so I did that.  I used it over a primer, and I used it without.  Both times it dried down patchy and parched.  I tried using a blender sponge, with and without primer.  No dice.  I tried with a brush, with and without primer.  Nada.

I wore this one day to work and I was horrified to see it clumping up and fading away throughout the day.  I was so embarrassed with how my makeup looked.  It was fading from my nose and chin, and clumping up everywhere else.  I took it off immediately when I got home.

I gave this a two star rating for the shade match, which was spot on.  But this joins the All Day Luminous and the Natural Radiant Longwear foundations in that none of them work for me, they all get gross and fade away, and disappoint me.  I had such high hopes for this product, but for the cost, it's not worth the effort to try and make it work.
Génesis M.
Houston,TX
Review for: Deauville (light w/neutral balance of pink and yellow undertones) more...
This is a great foundation for everyday usage, with its natural medium coverage and light formula I am in love! It gives a nice natural glow to the face instead of a matte finish that can often look heavy and chalky on the skin. As I have very oily skin especially during the summer, I would shy away from products that claimed to be “glowy” or “dewy” as I really was not in any need of the extra shine, the oil on my face gave me enough of that! But I have to say it doesn’t disappoint, I am not left too shiny by the end of the day, although there is no doubt there is still some shine going on, but I expect that anyway from any foundation, nonetheless, a powder is an easy fix for that! Unlike past foundations, such as the ‘Fit me’ liquid foundation by Maybelline that would completely melt off my face and onto the collars of my shirts by the end of the day, the Nars sheer glow does seem to impress. What I would suggest for those with more oily skin, mix the foundation with a little bit of your favourite drug store matte foundation, mine being currently the ‘stay matte’ by Rimmel, this way you’re still get the nice texture and glow from the Nares but you don’t get oily so easily. Be aware that this foundation is not a heavy full coverage foundation but it can easily be built up to a more full coverage.
Maggie S.
Tucson, AZ
Review for: Syracuse (medium-dark w/brown undertones) more...
I’ve never bought a high end foundation due to the price points. I never understood why any foundation would cost that much until I actually tried one. I went to Sephora and asked for a sample and tried it for a week. I then decided to purchase it with a GC given to be by a friend. And let me tell you I LOVE IT! It’s totally worth it. I have extremely dry skin and every other foundation always enhances my dry patches along with my acne. This foundation smooths out your skin and even covers acne scars without the need to spot/color correct. I would recommend this for anyone looking for something that’s long lasting, covers scars & dark spots and smooths out texture. I’m definitely repurchasing this foundation in the future. The primer I’ve found works great with this is the hourglass veil mineral primer.
Alice L.
Chicago
Review for: Punjab (medium w/golden, peachy undertones) more...
A Sephora sales associate recommended me this product when I asked for a medium coverage and satin finish foundation. I asked for a small sample and tried it on immediately when I got home.

The formula is watery so it made it really easy to apply with my fingers. When I was done with the application, I went to the bathroom for better lighting to check it out and dammmmmnnnnnn my face look #flawless! It was more matte than what I expected but it made my face look so creamy and blurred out my blemishes. I do have bumpy skin near my cheeks and the foundation did enhance it a little, but it's not super noticeable.

This is definitely the next foundation I'm gonna buy! It's a bit pricey though; ~$47.
Cheryl F.
Saint Cloud, FL
Review for: Mont Blanc (light w/pink undertones) more...
NARS Sheer Glow Foundation This foundation is fantasic!!! The only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is because I have had better color matches. I have dry skin and this wore well through the entire day. Only issue I had was it sinking into.my pores but I just need to get a different primer (my skin chemistry has been changing a bit from having a little one). Stayed put well, did not show texture. It seemed like it oxidized very tiny bit but it got warmer and matched my skin better so it was good. The pink undertone is not as pink as others I've tried.
Kathy N.
Gardena, CA
Review for: Syracuse (medium-dark w/brown undertones), Barcelona (medium w/golden, peach undertones) more...
I have only good things to say about this foundation. I thought this foundation was going to be pretty full coverage (like the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer) but it ended up being very buildable. I love the formula of the foundation as well, it's pretty creamy but it feels so soft and weightless on the skin. It also really matched my skintone very well! I ended up returning this foundation because although I really loved it, I already use a foundation (that I love) that costs a little more than half the price of this foundation, so I couldn't really justify paying this price for a foundation that I believe to be a runner-up to my normal foundation. Other than that I think this is a really great foundation!
Erin W.
Forked River, NJ
Review for: Mont Blanc (light w/pink undertones) more...
When I first got this foundation, I was absolutely in love with it. I love natural finishes so this looked so beautiful on my skin. I have naturally dry skin and it didn’t accentuate that nor cause anymore peeling. As I continue to use it, I’ve been noticing that I’m starting to not like it. First of all, it accentuates my pores and makes them look huge. I’m a person with naturally large pores but when I put this foundation on I feel like my whole face is a giant pore. Second thing I noticed was that this foundation never really sets down. It give me a really sticky feeling that can only be fixed with setting powder and even that sometimes never helps. Being in a classroom all day, that sticky feeling can get annoying and become a pain. The last issue I had was that while this foundation claims to be buildable it doesn’t build where it needs to. When I first apply this foundation, I apply little dots around my face so it’s even. I have naturally red cheeks though so they really showed through. I always try to put my foundation in that area to cover up the pigmentation but the foundation seems to disappear. Personally, I would not recommend this to anyone who has more than a light amount of uneven pigmentation. Also if you’re looking for a matte foundation this is not it.
Cierra G.
Oviedo, FL
Review for: Gobi (light w/yellow undertones) more...
Sorry NARS, I don’t get it. I thought this foundation would be ideal for dryer skin and it’s horrible. I put it on and it settles into every fine line and accentuates every pore I have. Made me look dry and flaky even. Clings to dry patches like crazy. The color doesn’t oxidize though and it has coverage, but I don’t like this product at all. I shouldn’t have looked this bumpy with a foundation. The pictures don’t do the damage justice tbh.
Tara H.
Review for: Fiji (light w/yellow undertones) more...
I love this foundation. I used this all the time when my skin didn’t need a ton of coverage. It is medium coverage with a beautiful, luminous finish. This is one of the only foundations that I’ve actually finished an entire bottle of. It’s expensive but it lasted me well over a year (not used daily).

I have applied this with both a beautyblender and multiple types of foundation brushes. It always blended well and never looked streaky or cakey.

I can no longer use this because I need more coverage at the moment, but when my skin gets better I am definitely going to repurchase!
Megan R.
Review for: Fiji (light w/yellow undertones) more...
This is probably the best foundation that I’ve tried. The shade light 5/ FIJI fit my skin perfectly!! One thing I liked about this is it made my skin look so healthy and hydrated. I have very dry skin so finding a foundation that does not make it more noticeable can be tricky at times! I paired this with the hydrating primer from smash box and they worked together beautifully. This foundation can look more like a full coverage depending on how much you need/have to cover up. But Id say overall it is a more natural looking foundation which I do like a lot.
Veronica P.
Is this supposed to come with a pump or not? In store it had a pump but mine didn't?
Juliette M.
Saginaw, MN
Is the price worth the product?
Ashley R.
Jersey city, NJ
Is this foundation offers full coverage ? Is it good for oily skin?
christie p.
What is the best way to apply this foundation? I have a hard time blending this once on my skin.
ASHLEIGH P.
Does anyone think this is good for scar coverage ive seen mixed reviews help!!