16 colors available

BY NARS #13 in Lip Liner

A selection of high-impact, fashion-forward shades in a rich, creamy satin finish that stays on all day. The Satin Lip Pencil dresses up lips in statement shades that seduce with rich, color-bright pigments, while drenching them in decadent moisture. This modern, long-wearing, vitamin-enriched formula for lips looks sumptuously saturated and dramatically defined. The Satin Lip Pencil Category shade designations are all named for parks and gardens around the world. see more...

• I'm looking for a shade recommendation for someone with fair skin, ...2 Answers
  • How well is the texture to apply?3 Answers
  • Has anyone experienced horribly dry/chapped lips after using it thi...2 Answers
Liz H.
Liz H.
Medley, FL
Review for: Majella
They contain 2.2 grams, vitamin E and hyaluronic acid, among other ingredients, to hydrate and soften. The packaging is very elegant and simple, Nars has three ranges pencil Lip, the Velvet Matte, the Velvet Gloss and Satin, and they all keep a similar appearance except on your back, to easily distinguish the Velvet Matte is a single color, has a strip Velvet Gloss and Satin both previous designs, which if you have the different ranges can easily recognize on your dresser.
They are very easy to apply for their round tip and comfortable to wear with a rich texture that glides perfectly and a high pigmentation. Its satin finish makes moisturizing and not sticky, lasts very long, remain intact hours. As only downsides to these lip is that being in jumbo format is wide diameter and need a larger, for me these products bring high ranges should sharpener and finally I would love to be retractable to not waste any product sharpener. <3
Nadia M.
Nadia M.
Simsbury, CT
Review for: Rikugien (rose pink)
This is my FAVORITE lipstick. I am one of those girls that put on lipstick and 2 minutes later, you'd never have known. I had basically given up on lipstick, but then I received two of these pencils as my Sephora birthday gift and everything changed! I won't say it lasts a full day, but I can get through a good 4-6 hours with my lipstick in tact (barring any huge meals). Even when I'm eating, I don't think it's the lipstick that comes off so easily - I think it's me constantly wiping my face for fear of having food on it. :) I definitely recommend this pencil! It's amazing!
Jessica A.
Jessica A.
Elizabethtown, KY
Review for: Floralies
NARS is my "go to" lipstick!! This pencil acts as a lip liner and lipstick all in one! I own probably 5 of these lip pencils and none of the shades are overpowering. They apply very light. It doesn't have that lipstick/sticky feel. It applies very light and almost dry like...but moisturizing! I don't need a mirror to apply! I took off one star due to the fact this needs a sharpener...what?! One extra thing I have to buy. Why can't the pencil have a turn dial?! I never have a bare lip. Floralies is my go to color to look like I have a bare lip...with a pop!
Kelly L.
Kelly L.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have the mini size in rikugien and i absolutely love it! It's my perfect my lips but better color. I wouldn't say it lasts too long but I don't mind reapplying. I haven't tried any of the other colors but this color is more sheer, it's definitely not fully pigmented like some other lip pencils are. I find it's very comfortable to wear and kind of feels like a balm. I'm still debating if it's worth the price because it's a little expensive for the full size. Once I run out I will decide if I really love it enough to pay $26 for the full size
Nyra G.
Nyra G.
Washington, DC
Review for: Rikugien (rose pink)
After years of using regular lipsticks and lip pencils to outline, I discovered this NARS fat pencil and love it. No longer need anything other than this to bring long lasting color to my lips, sometimes all day long. I add a little gloss on top. It did require the acquisition of a new sharpener because of its larger diameter size. At first I considered this to be an extravagant purchase for a lipstick but it has lasted a long time even with every day usage. If you can find the right color you will love this product also. Highly recommended.
Hannah H.
Hannah H.
Tyrone, PA
Review for: Het Loo
I bought this a while ago and I often forget that I have it. That's because after you use it, unless you have a very specific pencil sharpener you have to use a brush or just get rid of it. But as for the product itself, I love the color and formula. It is buildable and you can wear it moderately light or layer it for a darker finish. It feels moisturizing and lasts a pretty long time. It has a nice satin finish and doesn't bleed at all. No taste or smell, which is nice. So if you have a big pencil sharpener, I definitely recommend!
Sarah C.
Sarah C.
Oxford, MS
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is such an absolutely gorgeous and luxurious lip product. It's not the MOST pigmented thing on the market, but it is definitely pigmented enough and makes your lips look naturally perfect. It has the perfect amount of shine that just looks healthy and lasts literally all day. It's also extremely comfortable to wear - it doesn't really moisturize or dry out my lips, but I basically forget it's there. These pencils are very expensive for a small amount of product, but if you're in the mood to splurge I highly recommend them.
Kay K.
Kay K.
Review for: Rikugien (rose pink)
I received a free full size of the NARS' Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien on two occasions via Sephora. Normally I hate getting double samples but because this is a decent lip pencil, I don't mind. The pencil has good color payoff and the formula is very moisturizing. The only reason I took off a star is because it doesn't last all day like the company claims it will. In fact, it lasts a good 2-3 hours before you have to reapply and that's if you aren't eating/drinking. Otherwise, it's a good product in a pretty rose shade.
carla c.
carla c.
I was never a lipstick person before I used this product. I didn't own one lip product. My journey into lipstick began with this lip pencil that I got as a free birthday gift from sephora. The color cruella is a deep beautiful red and it works great for going out at night. I still have this product and I wear it every time I go out. It requires sharpening which is the only drawback but the benefit to this is you get fresh product when you sharpening. I considered buying mpre of Nars since I started using this lip pencil.
Mildred Jessica M.
Mildred Jessica M.
Ewa Beach, HI
Review for: Timanfaya
I wanted a flattering nude shade and tried this (and floralies). Having not tried Nars products before, I didn't know what to expect. I actually was a little put off by it because its a pencil (you'd get less wastage if it was a lipstick) but its so easy and quick to apply because of this. I'm impressed with the quality, colour payoff and the shade itself. The only reason I didn't give it top marks was because its not long-wearing. I had to reapply this after 2 hours but that hasn't put me off from buying it again.
Candice R.
Candice R.
Alhambra, CA
Will this dry out my lips?
Jenna S.
Ivy W.
Ivy W.
Walnut Creek, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have heard so much about this shade but how is the pigmentation and any other shades y'all recommend?