BY NARS #2 in Tinted Moisturizers

OVERVIEW:

YOUR SKIN—ALMOST BARE, BUT BETTER.
This advanced, oil-free formula provides a translucent veil of color and sun protection while helping to reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation and dark spots in just four weeks. Infused with lush, botanicals and ingredients to immediately help thirsty skin feel hydrated. Kopara from French Polynesia and mineral rich seawater helps to revive and re-mineralize skin for a softer, smoother, and brighter natural glow. Skin is transported.

Benefits:

Hydrates:
Lush, Naturally Derived Botanicals Immediately Help Thirsty Skin Feel Hydrated And Smooth. Mineral Rich Sea Water Revives And Remineralizes The Complexion For A Softer, Smoother And Brighter Natural Glow.
Brightens:
Kopara, From French Polynesia, Hydrates And Helps To Encourage Natural Cell Renewal For A Healthier Looking Complexion. A Vitamin C Derivative Helps To Reduce The Appearance Of Dark Spots Caused By Hyperpigmentation In Just Four Weeks. Complexion Looks Clearer And Brighter.
Protects:
Advanced Formula Provides A Translucent Veil Of Color And Broad-spectrum Sun Protection.
Consumer Sensory Tests.

90% Felt The Product Gave A Healthy Glow
90% Felt That After Applying The Product, Their Skin Felt Comfortable
87% Felt The Product Was Lightweight On Skin
84% Saw Their Skin Being More Radiant And Luminous
81% Saw The Product Smoothing Out The Surface Of The Skin
81% Felt Instant Hydration
71% Noticed An Improvement In Their Skin Tone And Their Complexion Became Brighter (On Bare Skin)*
Based On An Independent Consumer Study After 4 Weeks, On 31 Participants.

• does this hold up well on a night out1 Answers
  • I'm looking for a new fondation how does it works?1 Answers
  • How does this compare to Nars Sheer Glow foundation?1 Answers
Elizabeth B.
Albuquerque
Review for: Cuba (medium w/neutral balance of pink and yellow undertones) more...
I decided to purchase this product after the usual CC cream I get was out of stock. I have been struggling with super dry T-Zone. When I wore the CC cream on my chin and around my nose, my skin would start flaking and would just look terrible, exfoliation wouldn't help either! So I decided to sacrifice a great coverage for something that would not dry out my skin even more. So I choose the Nars tinter moisturizer and I do really like it! I feel it hydrates my skin and helps get rid of some of the redness.

I've currently been wearing it for 7 hours now and I can still feel it on my face which is a good sign that the product hasnt worn off. I found mixing it with a little bit of foundation helps to improve the coverage and I have tried putting on the moisturizer and then putting a little bit of foundation on my red areas which was also successful.

So if you have dry skin, this is an excellent product for you!
Sumaya A.
Gulfport, FL
Review for: Annapurna (medium w/neutral peachy undertone) more...
Finally tried this legendary product and I really like it!

My initial reaction was that I didn't like it because there are reviews which claim this is medium coverage and I was expecting that. It just evens out your skin tone. If you have dark marks from acne or freckles you want to cover, like me, you will have to go over with a full coverage concealer. But, for an everyday face for work or school, this as a base, some concealer, and some powder on the t-zone is perfect.

It has high quality ingredients, is very moisturizing, and feels good on the face. Makes your morning routine faster and your skin better in the long run .... a must try!

Jessica W.
Tampa, FL
Review for: Finland (lightest w/neutral balance of pink and yellow undertones) more...
Let me tell you how great this stuff is. They don't brand it as a BB cream, but it essentially is. It has a lustrous, life-like finish, fabulous absorption and an amazing dry-down. It moisturizes, and protects, and - most surprising - it lasts.

A little backstory: I've always preferred mineral makeup, because I like my skin to look like actual skin. But I have also been pretty resistant to so-called "tinted moisturizers", because I harbored a suspicion that they might not have enough coverage, or that they would be overly slick on my formerly-oily, now combination, skin.

Well, I was wrong, and I'm here to tell you that Pure Radiant has coverage (but is not chalky) - it takes a few moments to dry-down, but once it does, it's just beautiful. And that it has a dewy finish - by which I mean, it has the dimension of actual skin, not a matte canvas without nuance. And lastly, that it hangs out for hours - yeah, you may want to blot it after several hours on the town, but the pigment stands firm and doesn't slip. I wore it on a fifteen-mile hike from Ocean Beach to Pier 39, and at the end it still looked stellar after a quick blot.

I'm kind of in love with this stuff.

The hilarious part, for me, was that when I first saw the shades, I looked them over and thought, "Oh, that one looks like it would work for me!" Then I looked at the shade name and it was "Finland", which cracked me up, because I'm a dual citizen - of Finland and America. So clearly NARS did their cultural research - "Finland" blends right into my skin. It's that good of a match!

Let me add this: one of the huge selling points, for me, is that these moisturizers have a warm/yellow undertone. God, there are so many of us who have amber skin, and we've been under-served by the tyranny of pink and beige. People can be light, and also yellow. Thank you, NARS, for understanding that.
Denise C.
Review for: St. Moritz (medium w/neutral yellow undertone) more...
I LOVE this tinted moisturizer.

Before this product, I was not a fan of tinted moisturizers... but this one leaves such a beautiful finish on the skin. This tinted moisturizer actually lasts throughout the whole day. I will wear this on its own, set it with translucent powder, and layer bronzer or blush over it! - any product layered over it will stay on and last throughout the day. I don't find my face more oily than usual (which typically happens with other tinted moisturizers)

This also does great mixed in with foundation, it sheers out foundations without taking away too much coverage. You can also wear this under foundation, which I have before, and it still looks beautiful. The only problem with this product is the price... it is a bit overpriced, in my opinion, but still worth the buy.
Jennifer V.
Union City
I love products that have SPF because during those warmer weather days you don’t have to be worried about the sun affecting your face and it’s so important to use SPF. This tinted moisturizer has more coverage than other tinted moisturizers I’ve used, but that’s okay because I use a little bit, and get a beautiful dewy finish.
I know the price point of this product is still on the high end side even though it’s a tinted moisturizer, the quality is great but do I feel like it’s necessary for about $43? Nope. There’s so many great drug store foundations you can find and give you the same finish, for a less price like the loreal infallible pro glow. Unless you’re really looking into purchasing this item, then of course get it because there’s nothing wrong with it!
Hope this helps :)
Britt M.
Review for: Moisturiser Spf30 Finland more...
I really like this tinted moisturizer. It applies beautifully and leaves and nice matte finish. It covers just enough to even out my skin tone, and I just use concealer on the few extra spots I need more coverage. My only gripe with NARS is that like Tarte, their color range isn’t quite perfect yet. Most makeup lines seem to think that “pale” means you’re automatically very pink in skin tone, or a very fair yellow, but unfortunately I’m a very fair neutral, so anything too pink or too yellow, etc. doesn’t not blend well on my skin. I have yet to find a good neutral toned product from NARS, so I couldn’t bring myself to purchase a full tube, which is very pricey for such a small product.
Josie K.
Review for: Moisturiser Spf30 Finland more...
Ohhh I love this product.  I'm always on the hunt for the perfect light weight light coverage my skin but better product.  I've finally found it!  This blends like a dream, I opt for a beauty blender but can often get a brush to blend this out nicely, I'll just stipple my beauty blender over the top to get a more skin like streak free finish.  This product smells lovely, not overly perfumey but a nice subtle scent upon first application.  This wears well, doesn't cling to dry patches on my very dry skin and can last all day with the proper setting.  I'm so very happy with this product.  The only downsides (which are very negative seeing as how I still gave a 5 star review) are the very yellow pigment of the shade range in nearly every color and the price.  Price point is super high especially compared to my favorite 8 dollar BB cream.. But because it doesn't break me out like nearly every other light weight product I go for the splurge.
Pamela P.
Rochester, NY
This was a great option for my recent vacation. It has SPF so it was a huge help since I was in the Florida sun. I loved that there's a good shade range. I did have a Sephora employee help match me and it matched perfectly! It does have great coverage as well. I did prefer to apply it with a beauty spondge over a brush. Surprisingly the spondge didn't soak up as much product as I thought it would and that was definitely a big plus. I haven't tried using my fingers yet so I'm not sure how that application would be. As far as staying power, it stayed all day!! It didn't pill or separate on my skin either which does happen a lot of the time. It's a perfect summer/warm weather product.
Pamela P.
Rochester, NY
I went to Sephora looking for a tinted moisturizer that had a bit more coverage or at least could be built up where needed. The worker brought me to Nars. I heard it was a great product but it was a little pricey to take a chance on. She ended up matching me and gave me a sample to try. I love that it has SPF in it. I want something that I can use all summer long so having the added value of SPF is super helpful. I wore it a couple days in the heat and it did hold up and I was surprised how great the coverage was. It is very buildable and has a nice finish. I was able to easily put my highlighter and some other products on top of it without it disappearing.
Janeigne N.
Peekskill , NY
Review for: Moisturiser Spf30 Alaska more...
So far, I love this product! I have applied it using a beauty blender and I also tried using my hands. I bought this product because I hate wearing foundation, but my skintone is uneven. This balances out my skintone and gives a beautiful finish while feeling very lightweight on this skin. The only complaints I have about this product are the flashback, and the shades. Before purchasing this product, know that it WILL give you flashback in photos because of the SPF. I try to use this product when I know there will be no flash photography. Also keep in mind that this product does oxidize. When I bought this at Ulta, I noticed that there are not a huge range of shades. I recommend that you swatch it on your face and allow it to dry before purchasing it. Be careful ordering online due to the limited shades.
Macie T.
Nisland, SD
Could I use this instead of foundation?
Diane krista R.
Missouri city, TX
I've never use this make up brand, is it good?
Megan C.
Cincinnati, OH
Has anyone had any complaints about this product?
Solmaz M.
Is it good for a person with really pale and dry skin???
Looking for a light coverage product that could make my skin tone less red. I have sensitive and dry skin so would this be any good?

back