BY NARS

This oil-free primer instantly refines the look of pores, regulates shine and mattifies the skin to create an immaculate canvas. Mineral powders manage oil in the T-zone and other shine-prone areas while blurring the look of pores, fine lines and...

• Is it worth the money?, because it is a little pricey an...1 Answers
  • I have been looking for a good primer but my skin is oil,...1 Answers
  • I have been using the NYX minimizing pore primer. Is this...1 Answers
NARS Pro Prime Pore Refining Primer
  • "this primer really works to fill in my pores and it makes my skin look flawless. i love this primer because it controls my oil a bit but not fully. the finish is a velvet matte finish and it is very flattering on the skin." in 8 reviews
Kayelee A.
bountiful
Not only does it extend the wear of my foundation but blurs imperfections and adds a natural glow. Light weight and oil free.. favorite way to use is to mix with my foundation before applying.
Melissa J.
Charlotte, NC
This had been my go-to primer for at least a decade. My makeup goes on perfectly over this primer. My skin tends to get oily with products, but this has never made my skin oily. I will continue to use this primer for at least another decade!
Melody H.
Cynthiana, KY
I feel like my makeup did apply more smoothly and it did minimize the appearance of my pores. I didn’t find that it did much as far as controlling my shine though.
Tooba S.
Annandale, VA
I am really picky when it comes to primers because I like when my makeup is smooth and the primer does its job of protecting my skin as well. It gets rid of all pore but my skin does feel a bit dry. I would purchase this again but it would depend on the season - when my skin is oily!!
Hailey D.
Saucier, MS
This primer is a great product it just does not compare to my smashbox primer! I have a small sample of this and it works well. I just wouldn’t see myself purchasing this in the future when there are better alternatives.
Alexis L.
Lake Charles, LA
When I ordered my morphe palette from Ulta they gave me a free gift and my free gift was the Nars primer face primer and I absolutely love it it makes a whole lot longer
carla l.
Salem, OR
I hated this primer.  I've been trying out a lot of different primers over the last couple of months and this is one of my least favorite from the lineup.  While I typically gravitate toward blurring/pore-filling primers, this one really missed the mark for me which was disappointing because I honestly expected to like it.  First of all, it DOES smooth pores somewhat but it's such a thick formula that it felt like a really heavy layer on my skin and I immediately found that it took quite a bit of product to actually cover any part of my face because of the thick texture.   I'd probably compare it to a really heavy-duty Benefit Porefessional if I had to try and find a similar product. Within an hour after applying my makeup it was obvious that my foundation was looking cakey and was already starting to break up around my nose, something that never happens with my usual primers.  While I really like a lot of other Nars formulations, this one just wasn't for me.
Jennifer P.
Los Angeles, CA

I do like this little primer - it's smooth and feels lovely and velvety on, plus it hydrates well and definitely makes my skin look brighter and fresher. And it smells nice.
I do think it creates a good base for makeup application and I'd be singing its praises more if I hadn't have tried the light optimising primer from Nars first. I also prefer Eve Lom's radiance primer, which I've recently tried.

Lillian R.
Orange Park, FL
All NARS products are amazing and this are not an exception. Because my Rosacea skin, sometimes I need a Pore Refining Primer and this product resolves my problem. First, I moisturize my skin. Second, I apply NARS Pore-Refining Primer in the areas required. Third, I applied my Maestro Foundation. I looks younger and Beauty! Highly recommend
Lindsay N.
Orlando, FL
I originally have large pores, applying this primer before my foundation helping to minimize the appearance!!! It really works and it is easy to apply. Juicy product isn't needed. I would definitely buy and recommend.
Kelly G.
Amherst, NY
Really great reviews on this product but will it clog my pores and make my skin breakout??
Liza V.
Is this good for oily skin types? I have very oil skin all over and have a hard tome keeping my make up from looking shiny as the day goes by. I need something that helps my make up stay on longer. Will this do the trick? Is it oil controlling? The Becca primer is supposed to help with this. How does it compare?
Shannon R.
I have been looking for a new primer for a little while now and I've heard mixed first impressions about this product. What did you honestly think of it? And does it help your makeup stay on all day?
Kaden C.
Man, WV
Will this keep my foundation matte all day?
lop G.
I have been looking for a new primer that will not clog pores or make my face break out. Is this one good for sensitive skin?