Add a Photo

By NARS
#132 in Face Primer

An oil-free makeup primer that controls shine, refines the appearance of skin, and enhances the look of makeup. Pore & Shine Control Primer minimizes the look pores and mattifies skin throughout the day with its soft-focus powders. It's enriched with African whitewood, oleanolic acid, and peptides to help balance skin. "The first step to beautiful makeup is beautiful skin. I believe our skin should mirror what we feel and reflect who we are." Francois Nars, Founder & Creative Director

Photos (3)
Kim S.
Kim S.

I had actually got the makeup forever primer in a sephora play and I was looking for something with a similar feel but with suncreen and this really fits the bill. It feels very similar to that primer and really blurs out my pores.
I am pretty sensitive to smells especially sunscreen smell and I ended up going into the store to smell this because I was concerned after reading some of the reviews.  It has a slight smell but no where near what some people seem to be saying. I actually am not even sure I would equate the smell with sunscreen but I think that once it is rubbed it goes away anyways.
Nicole V.
Nicole V.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

I got a sample of this product with some MAC lipsticks I had my boyfriend pick up for me! He chose this as a sample and I'm so happy he did! I have semi large pores and combination skin. Some days it's super oily, somedays it's so dry my makeup doesn't wanna stay on my face. This primer fills in my pores so my foundation goes on flawlessly!! It also isn't to thick or weird if I moisturize before! Controls the oil or I believe it does because I haven't had to blot my face while wearing it! I've worn it under multiple foundations now and I love it! Highly highly recommend!
Brianna S.
Brianna S.
Wellington, FL

I received a deluxe size sample of this with a recent Sephora purchase and so far I love it! It gives me the perfect matte finish on my oily skin and a little goes a very long way. It's only down side is that it isn't as great at minimizing pores as my Porefessional is. I like this product much more than the MUFE and Becca mattifying primers that I've used in the past and will be purchasing a full size if the deluxe sample ever runs out.
Heidi P.
Heidi P.
Mishawaka, IN

I really like this primer, it has a completely different texture than I expected though. I did not buy this, I got a deluxe sized sample of this with a Sephora order, so I didn't really mind if it was made for my skin type or not (normal to dry & combination throughout the day. It is actually pretty moisturizing so it doesn't make your skin totally matte, but it is good at keeping your skin balanced throughout the day.
Billie W.
Billie W.
Columbia, KY

This is great at keeping you matte ALL day long. I see minimal pore shrinking or filling. It can be drying so you need to moisturize before using. It is lotion like and not silicone based. I like better than Becca Pore Ever matte primer. I also like it better than Porefessional by Benefit. I definitely think it is worth the price and would recommend to any oily skin person.
Elizabeth T.
Elizabeth T.
Garland, TX

This primer smells great and is very light weight. It feels like a very light weight cream so it doesn't make your skin patchy at all! I think it helps keep my makeup well. I still do see that by the end of the day my face is still more shiny then I would like. But I think it helps my makeup stay better and have oil-less t zone for most of the day!
Marianna S.
Marianna S.

I received a sample of this and decided to test it out now that my skin is a little on the oily side (I have combo skin that used to lean more dry and now leans more oily). I use it on my T-zone and over my areas with large pores and I really like it! It does a good job of keeping the oils at bay and I'm not too shiny at the end of the day.
Brittany G.
Brittany G.

I received a sample size of this primer in my ipsy this month and I fell in love. I have never really used primer before because I've never felt that any have done much for me, but this one really matted out my skin and made my makeup go on so much more smoothly. Needless to say, I can't wait to buy the full version of this awesome primer!
Lyndsey G.
Lyndsey G.
Lake Park , Ga

I received this as a deluxe sample from Sephora recently , and I absolutely love it ! It did a great job holding my makeup in place all day. It had a great texture , and didn't leave my skin feeling sticky as some primers do . I have already ordered the full size from Sephora and cannot wait to make this part of my daily routine !
Cheyenne O.
Cheyenne O.
Saint Louis, MI

This has saved me and my makeup so much I got a sample at sephora and then after trying it I bought the big one. It was esspensiveee as hell but it helped a but with oil and helped a lot with filling in my pores. I use this with my becca ever,matte and I am poreless and matte all day.I highly recommend this product.
Maya H.
Maya H.
Fayetteville, NC

Does the product really work, or is it just another high priced drug store product!?
Stephanie R.
Stephanie R.
Longbeach

Is this product long lasting ?
Amy C.
Amy C.

Has anyone found that this product is heavy/doesn't breath well? I have used other primers and find that my skin feels like cake after I apply the primer and my foundation.
Susan S.
Susan S.

I really want to try this out after finishing up my Benefit PoreFessional primer. It sounds like something I would like in my routine. Does anyone with dry skin have any problems with this primer?
Carmel E.
Carmel E.

i am desperate for a product to minimize/hide my pores. i can't find anything that actually works. has anyone had a good experience with this?

Join Now