BY NARS

An oil-free makeup primer that controls shine, refines the appearance of skin, and enhances the look of makeup. Pore & Shine Control Primer minimizes the look pores and mattifies skin throughout the day with its soft-focus powders. It's enriched with African whitewood, oleanolic acid, and peptides to help balance skin. "The first step to beautiful makeup is beautiful skin. I believe our skin should mirror what we feel and reflect who we are." Francois Nars, Founder & Creative Director

Tamara F.
Beauty Junkie Expert
My new favorite primer for my oily, acne prone skin. Has the consistency of a lotion and my skin just takes it in. Starts off with a little shine, but dries matte. Once dry, apply makeup. Benefits POREfessional doesn’t compare. This is much better and goes on a lot smoother. Controls my oil for most of the day, but I do have a very extensive skincare regimen. Definitely recommend! Just realize that no product is a complete lifesaver. A good skincare routine is needed for anything to look great.
Kristina N.
Thomaston , CT
Beauty Junkie Expert
I really like this primer. It feels very light weight and applies nicely. It’s a pretty thin consistency. It definitely keeps your skin matte and oil free and actually does help with the appearance of pores! It’s not the type of primer that is thick and fills pores it’s more of the type that actually tightens and shrinks in size. I was actually surprised when I saw the difference after I applied it. I love that my skin feels like it can still breathe since it’s not so thick.
Kris J.
Clear Lake
Beauty Junkie Expert
I finally found my holy grail primer!  After 6 long months of trying many brands of primer that would work well with my combination/dry skin and in combination with my born this way foundation, this is it!  I love how radiant it makes my skin and really makes my foundation adhere, without making my skin feel dry or cakey.  It lasts for 8 hours without breaking down, which is a milestone for me.
katie p.
Myrtle Beach, SC
Beauty Junkie Expert
I started using this in the past week. The first time I used it I wasn't quite sure what to think. Then I tried a few more times and I really enjoy it. It is light but heavy enough to hold your foundation on all day. It helps to give you an even spread while making your pores disappear!
DANIELLE R.
Redding, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I just bought this primer and so far, I really like it! I have combination/oily skin and today it seemed to do a good job at keeping me not as shiny. The texture is really nice, as it is not silicon based. It was moisturizing and looked great under my foundation. It doesn't really minimize pores though and is kind of pricy, which is why only 4 stars.
Shandra D.
oxnard , CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is a little pricey as far as primers go but i love this one! I first received a sample of these and after i finished that i went out and bought the full size, its THAT good! This really smooths out my pores and makes a nice even surface for the rest of my makeup. It really helps control my shine. Would definitely recommend.
Kaila D.
Oakland , CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this as a sample from Ulta and it’s working well so far. I don’t usually have an issue with pores needing to be concealed, but I did notice my face didn’t get shiny all day (which was nice). I prefer Smashbox primer over this one, but it’s a great contender. No scent at all and comes out looking like lotion (white).
Audrey R.
WINDOW ROCK, AZ
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is my first primer and so far after 2-3 months I love it and my makeup doesn't move. The smell doesn't bother me. It has a lotion-like texture. It leaves my face matte and ready for my liquid foundation.
Erica P.
Spartanburg, SC
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is a good primer. It's not my favorite, but it gets the job done. It's great for someone who has consistently oily skin. This keeps my makeup in tact all day and controls oil. I usually apply a good moisturizer before using it, since it is very mattifying.
Alyssa R.
Lincoln, NE
Beauty Junkie Expert
I adore this primer! By far the best water based primer. It’s really good for combo/oily skin! I use this when I wear my Estée Lauder Double Wear and it definitely helps me not look super oily throughout the day
Maya H.
Fayetteville, NC
Does the product really work, or is it just another high priced drug store product!?
Jennifer G.
Seattle, WA
Does this really help keep you matte? I have super oily skin. I usually have to blot after just one hour. I've tried cover fx mattifying primer and make up forever but they don't really help. I hate having my foundation come off of my nose and forehead ☹
Jordan B.
Rocklin, CA
I swatched this and it didn't seem like it would be super pore filling like the Porefessional or MUFE Smoothing Primer. How do you feel it compares to those two, in regards to actually filling in pores?
Amy C.
Has anyone found that this product is heavy/doesn't breath well? I have used other primers and find that my skin feels like cake after I apply the primer and my foundation.
Stephanie R.
Longbeach
Is this product long lasting ?