Add a Photo

By NARS
#126 in Face Primer

An oil-free makeup primer that controls shine, refines the appearance of skin, and enhances the look of makeup. Pore & Shine Control Primer minimizes the look pores and mattifies skin throughout the day with its soft-focus powders. It's enriched with African whitewood, oleanolic acid, and peptides to help balance skin. "The first step to beautiful makeup is beautiful skin. I believe our skin should mirror what we feel and reflect who we are." Francois Nars, Founder & Creative Director

Photos (2)
Brianna S.
Brianna S.
Wellington, FL

I received a deluxe size sample of this with a recent Sephora purchase and so far I love it! It gives me the perfect matte finish on my oily skin and a little goes a very long way. It's only down side is that it isn't as great at minimizing pores as my Porefessional is. I like this product much more than the MUFE and Becca mattifying primers that I've used in the past and will be purchasing a full size if the deluxe sample ever runs out.
Heidi P.
Heidi P.
Mishawaka, IN

I really like this primer, it has a completely different texture than I expected though. I did not buy this, I got a deluxe sized sample of this with a Sephora order, so I didn't really mind if it was made for my skin type or not (normal to dry & combination throughout the day. It is actually pretty moisturizing so it doesn't make your skin totally matte, but it is good at keeping your skin balanced throughout the day.
Billie W.
Billie W.
Columbia, KY

This is great at keeping you matte ALL day long. I see minimal pore shrinking or filling. It can be drying so you need to moisturize before using. It is lotion like and not silicone based. I like better than Becca Pore Ever matte primer. I also like it better than Porefessional by Benefit. I definitely think it is worth the price and would recommend to any oily skin person.
Lizi A.
Lizi A.
Plano, IL

Let me start off by saying my t-zone is super oily!! This is the first primer I've been able to use to that kept me matte for a pretty long time. Only con for me was I don't really notice any huge difference in the size of my pores but I would definitely buy this again and it has become my go to primer!
tia k.
tia k.
Honea Path, SC

This NARS Pore & Shine Control Primer isn't my favorite primer but it very worth it. I didn't get the full size I got the deluxe. You can tell where it hides some of your pores and it's great if you have oily skin. I def recommend it to anyone looking for a good primer!
Michelle S.
Michelle S.
Brooklyn, NY

Is great even on dry skin. I love the way it keeps my makeup in place and it doesn't have a harsh smell .it hides pores and is very long lasting . Get a sample at Sephora first and try it out . Primer is a part of skincare and works to help improve your skin
Amy V.
Amy V.
Iredell, TX

I have very oily skin and large pores. I was very skeptical to buy this product but was assured that if I didn't like it I could return it. WOW!!! This is now a staple in my makeup collection!! Shine was definitely under control and pores were about gone!!
Aleya W.
Aleya W.

This is a great primer. It does exactly what it says it will. Controls pores and shine. It glides on so smoothly and a little goes a long way. It makes your face products apply like a dream. Definitely going to continue to repurchase. I love it
Natalie K.
Natalie K.
Marysville, OH

Perfect for anytime. Use it before work just running errands or going out on the town. This pore and shine control dies just what it says. It gives you the appearance of smaller pores and keeps the shine away.
Elizabeth S.
Elizabeth S.
Israel

Really love this product. Very good for oily skin, gives a good base for makeup, covering a very good porosity and particularly gives a beautiful look forward very much recommend to buy
Maya H.
Maya H.
Fayetteville, NC

Does the product really work, or is it just another high priced drug store product!?
Stephanie R.
Stephanie R.
Longbeach

Is this product long lasting ?
Samantha D.
Samantha D.
Newark, NY

Does this really eliminate shine and pores?
I would love to try this product
Carmel E.
Carmel E.

i am desperate for a product to minimize/hide my pores. i can't find anything that actually works. has anyone had a good experience with this?

Join Now