NARS Hot Sand Illuminator Hot Sand uploaded by Anita A.

BY NARS

A universally flattering shade that lights the skin from within. Due to popular demand, NARS is bringing back the limited-edition Hot Sand shade as a permanent addition to their line. This warm and flattering illuminator brightens and evens the skin as it provides just a hint of natural-looking glow. see more...

Buy on Sephora*
  • "leaves me glowing and makes me feel on fleek, lasts all day. i use underneath my foundation and a small amount under my powder highlighter it's the best. so pigmented wouldn't expect anything less from nars" in 4 reviews
  • "this product is amazing by itself in the summer and mixed with your foundation during the colder months. leaves a beautiful illuminated finish to your face and when used with foundation give you an under the skin glow." in 4 reviews
Brittney B.
West Valley City, UT
This illuminator is so stunning. It can be used alone as a highlight, or mixed with foundation for an all-over glow. I wish they had a greater color selection. I want to try to copacabana color as I think it would be more fitting for my fair skin tone.
Danielle F.
This product will have you glowing all year round. You can mix it into your foundation or you can use it on your cheek bones and the places you normally highlight for a natural looking glow.
Mc
I rave about this product to everybody. It has been my go-to product this summer. Its a lightweight sheer illuminator that gives my skin the perfect amount of gold luster pigment. I mix it with moisturizer on makeup-free days and it gives my face that perfect dewy look. An illuminator is more of a "glow from within" product and will not give you that BECCA-esque "blinding highlight", but when mixed with foundation or applied with a damp beauty blender to the high end of the cheekbone, temples, and browbones it is perfect.
Sarah R.
Las Vegas, NV
My holy grail liquid highlighter. I use it under foundation for the perfect glow. No glitter, just understated, soft glow. The peachy tone helps even skin tone. And the product feels a bit cooling on the skin. Just simply a really great product!
Karen F.
north chelmsford, ma
I'm not a huge fan of liquid illuminators but Nars has been making these for years and I love them. They set quickly which makes them easier to work with. This is one of their newer shades even though it's been out for a couple of years now. More of a shimmer than glitter.
Brandi E.
Austin , TX
This just wasn't enough glow for me. It's pretty for a subtle glow but that's not what I want for spring and summer. I returned this to the store and only recommend it if you want a natural glow.
Angela G.
This is my most favorite highlighter! It delivers a gorgeous glow and you only need a little product at a time. A great value and product! I will purchase this over and over!
Astry C.
Beaufort, SC
I LOVVVVEEEE THIS!! It's honestly changed my makeup game by six levels! I got mine at Sephora, the price point isn't too bad, $30.00. I use it two ways, I either mix it with my moisturizer or my foundation & it gives such a beautiful & healthy glow to the skin. I also put some on my cheekbones before I set it with powder highlight. But I will say this, you have to mix it would another product for it to do its magic. I recommend mixing it with your moisturizer or foundation/CC/BB cream.
Abel R.
Los Angeles, CA
Best liquid highlighter that I'm using right now! I bought this at Sephora about a month ago and it hasn't left my everyday makeup bag! The product is very settle and leaves a nice seamless glow to the skin! It's not too glittery like other non Nars products , and it goes well on almost every skin type. I use this with my Nars tinted moisturizer in the color Cuba and it leaves my skin looking fresh and glowy.
Jessica P.
Philadelphia, PA
Hands down my favorite highlighter. On light and medium skin tones it blends invisibly into skin, leaving you looking super dewy but not metallic. On deeper skin tones it subtly brightens without shimmer for a look that is natural. It's a must have for anyone looking for a highlighter without shimmer that will brighten and illuminate without leaving a white cast behind.
Mel A.
Greenfield, WI
Ooh, highlight obsessive over here! This one looks a bit pricey- is it worth the extra cash?
Natalie M.
I wanted to know if this illuminator gives off a nice glow on the skin? Is it worth the money?
Janeigne N.