NARS BlushInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

BY NARS #2 in Blush

A RICHLY PIGMENTED, MICRONIZED POWDER FORMULA THAT DELIVERS SHEER BUILDABLE COLOR IN A WIDE RANGE OF SHADES AND EFFECTS. THIS SUPERFINE POWDER BLENDS EVENLY WITH EACH APPLICATION.

OVERVIEW:

CHEEK TO CHIC
The ultimate authority in blush, NARS offers the industry's best-selling, most iconic shades for cheeks, delivering healthy-looking color that immediately enlivens the complexion and provides a natural-looking flush that flatters any skin tone. Iconic shades include a range of translucent, natural tones, each with a subtle pink for a natural-looking blush undertone to highlight the complexion. Silky, superfine micronized powder pigments in matte and shimmering shades ensure irresistibly soft, blendable application. A light application of even the highest-intensity hues delivers a natural-looking flush. Soft, buildable shades deliver a wide range of effects, ranging from ultra-sheer to powerful pops of color.

THE #1-SELLING BLUSH IN THE U.S.*

*Source: The NPD Group, Inc. / BeautyTrends, U.S. Prestige Makeup Retail Unit Sales, January-October 2015.

BENEFITS:
Micronized powder ensures a soft, blendable application.
Create endless effects with silky matte and shimmering finishes available in iconic shades, including the best-selling award winner, Orgasm.
Natural, healthy looking color that immediately enlivens the complexion. A light application of even the highest-intensity hues delivers a natural-looking flush.

HOW TO USE:
Use #20 Blush Brush and apply to the apples of the cheek.
Sweep the excess across the hairline, bridge of the nose and chin.
For more dimension, apply a shimmer shade to the apples and a matte shade to the hollows of the cheek.

• I am interested in trying NARS Blushnars blush but it is ...3 Answers
  • Is this good blush?9 Answers
  • Is it worth the hype & price? Since it’s kinda pricey...7 Answers
NARS Blush
  • "i use the color “orgasm” and i have for as long as i can remember. this color is flattering on every skin tone. i’ve tried other blushes and they are either too pink or too orange for me. this one is a happy medium and i love it." in 1213 reviews
  • "It very flattering on ALL skin tones and the fact that it is crazy pigmented and blends like a dream makes it even better!" in 79 reviews
  • "The best blush hands down, goes with every skin tone litterally from the palest to the darkest leaving a light shimmer glow 😍" in 38 reviews
  • "It's a light pink shade with a slight glimmer that looks great on my skin and to top it all off, the case is sleek and classy. " in 36 reviews
  • "This blush looks good on all skin tones, and the gold shimmer it in gives you a healthy glow that can take you from day to night in a snap " in 32 reviews
Joslyn L.
Hillsborough, NC
Purchased at: Nordstrom
Review for: Dolce Vita more...
I’m obsessed with blush, and I’ve always hear great things about the Nars blushes. I decided to pick up one, and it was the best decision ever!! It looks so natural on the skin. And it doesn’t look like it sitting on the skin, but rather it looks at one with your skin. It also has long lasting results. But it is just a blush, and their are some other cheaper alternatives that are just as great! But if you’re looking to splurge on a blush, I say go for it!
Jazzlyn H.
Columbia, PA
Purchased at: Sephora
Color pay off is wonderful, does NOT leave your skin looking dry nor patchy. In fact for me, I have really small patches occasionally on my face and when I apply this blush, it’s not accentuated. I look alive, plump and my makeup has a combined look of natural, glowy and very well put together. With a light hand and some of this blush, people will definitely notice your makeup and compliment you on it all day
Cynthia C.
Boyds, MD
My favorite blush. This formula it's simply perfection. No matter if your skin type is dry, oily, or combo. It is highly pigmented, but goes on sheer, making it highly blendable for that perfect natural wash of color. It is also fairly easy to build upon, if you're looking for a less sheer look.

I follow the technique used by the MUA in the video on this product's page on Sephora. As usual, with the appropriate amount of product, apply to apples of cheeks, then blend up the cheekbones. To finish, blend the remaining pigment up to the area above the ends of the brows for a natural full face glow.

Their most popular shade is rightfully so because it is seriously universally flattering: it really will look lovely on every skin tone. I use shade Madly when I'm going for a more natural look.

Another reason this will always be the best blush around is because of how long the pots last. Basically, I'm embarrassed to say how long I've had pots last! Yes. They are expensive. But you are definitely getting your money's worth!
Lauren P.
E Springfield, PA
Purchased at: ULTA
I cannot remember the shade I had but it was a darker shade. This was a decent blush for when I actually used blush, but it was kinda hard if that makes sense. It was just a little weird, it was okay for being on your skin but the product had a hard texture. Like when you took a brush to it, it seemed like super pressed or something. It’s not a bad product but it wasn’t my favorite
Steph L.
Purchased at: Sephora
Like so many women,Orgasm is my go to blush. It offers the perfect touch of pink my cheeks need. I am very fair skinned and prior to trying Orgasm, I always thought I looked ridiculous with blush. This color adds just enough without being clownish. And the best part is that it works with so many different complexions. My mom and sister,who are both darker than me, love it too,!
CJ S.
Purchased at: Bloomingdale's
Review for: Angelika more...
Perfect pink for medium/ deep skin tones. I love how this pink gives my cheeks a nice pop of pink to brighten up my face and bring some color without looking chalky or ashy like some pink shades can do in darker skin tones. I love the texture of Nars blush and love the fact that these blushes are easily blended and do not have to be reapplied several times throughout the day.
Bri C.
I do think Nars makes some of the better powder blushes out there, but I wish they would have more matte shades. The O color that everyone is obsessed with is undoubtedly a gorgeous color, and I wore it for years. However now I find it to be too shimmery and many of their blushes are like that for me. Dolce Vita is another favorite of mine for a subtle neutral color.
Janine M.
Review for: Orgasm more...
This is supposed to be that universal color for everyone but it wasn't for me.  It's OK to blend and it's very pigmented so you get the color you see in the pan.  It's medium long lasting... would have to reapply after about 6 hours.  I don't like that there is shimmer in it.  One of my least favorite blushes.  Overrated.
Rhonda M.
Charlotte, NC
Review for: Sex Appeal more...
“Sex appeal” is a beautiful matte shade on my pale pink toned skin. I got it in a beauty box and wasn’t really familiar with the NARS brand. I have heard that Nars had a blush called “ orgasm” that everyone was crazy about. I haven’t tried that one either but it’s the only way I had really heard about Nars blushes from all the hype of that one blush. The blushes come in a rectangle shaped container. It has pale pink writing on the top that says Nars. The container black matte in color the pan inside is a pretty good size. It says it is 0.16 ounces the blush color “ sex appeal” is gorgeous in the pan and just as beautiful on the skin. This blush makes you look healthy and natural looking which is a plus for me. The texture is really smooth and it applies evenly. I did tap my IT Cosmetics brush into the pan about three times to get the desired amount of pigment on the apples of my cheeks. It is really pigmented but I didn’t dig very hard with my brush I just tapped it lightly in to get the product. I liked it I did but I don’t feel it is worth the price. I saw that the most talked about “orgasm” Nars Blush that everyone is crazy about that there is a dupe for it from wet n wild called “apricot”. So this tells me that there will be many other options out there for me that are less expensive. I won’t be repurchasing this but since it came in a beauty box I will enjoy it while I have it.
Nathalee K.
Belvidere
This is one of the holy grail products of every makeup person! It is beautiful! It has gold specks in it which makes the skin look glowing! This color is perfect for anyone and everyones skin tone. It is the most universal blush that I have ever seen and I recommend it to anyone who is unsure of what blush suits them!
Tati C.
I really want to try this, but I can't see myself spending about $30 on a blush. Do you know of any good dupes?
Rebecca H.
Oceanside , CA
What other NARS products have you been raving about lately!?
Kathryn C.
I have been debating on splurging on the Nars blush "orgasm". Is it really such a great shade? And does it look good on light skin tones?
Elizabeth F.
I am thinking on purchasing this product, but how pigmented is it?I have an olive skin tone and some blushes appear very dark on me, others don't appear at all! How do you think this blush will show up on my skin?
Veronica H.
Springdale, AR
Is it that good?> i want!!