NARS BlushInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

BY NARS #3 in Blush

A RICHLY PIGMENTED, MICRONIZED POWDER FORMULA THAT DELIVERS SHEER BUILDABLE COLOR IN A WIDE RANGE OF SHADES AND EFFECTS. THIS SUPERFINE POWDER BLENDS EVENLY WITH EACH APPLICATION.

OVERVIEW:

CHEEK TO CHIC
The ultimate authority in blush, NARS offers the industry's best-selling, most iconic shades for cheeks, delivering healthy-looking color that immediately enlivens the complexion and provides a natural-looking flush that flatters any skin tone. Iconic shades include a range of translucent, natural tones, each with a subtle pink for a natural-looking blush undertone to highlight the complexion. Silky, superfine micronized powder pigments in matte and shimmering shades ensure irresistibly soft, blendable application. A light application of even the highest-intensity hues delivers a natural-looking flush. Soft, buildable shades deliver a wide range of effects, ranging from ultra-sheer to powerful pops of color.

THE #1-SELLING BLUSH IN THE U.S.*

*Source: The NPD Group, Inc. / BeautyTrends, U.S. Prestige Makeup Retail Unit Sales, January-October 2015.

BENEFITS:
Micronized powder ensures a soft, blendable application.
Create endless effects with silky matte and shimmering finishes available in iconic shades, including the best-selling award winner, Orgasm.
Natural, healthy looking color that immediately enlivens the complexion. A light application of even the highest-intensity hues delivers a natural-looking flush.

HOW TO USE:
Use #20 Blush Brush and apply to the apples of the cheek.
Sweep the excess across the hairline, bridge of the nose and chin.
For more dimension, apply a shimmer shade to the apples and a matte shade to the hollows of the cheek.

• I am interested in trying NARS Blushnars blush but it is ...3 Answers
  • Is this good blush?8 Answers
  • Is it worth the hype & price? Since it’s kinda pricey...7 Answers
NARS Blush
  • "i use the color “orgasm” and i have for as long as i can remember. this color is flattering on every skin tone. i’ve tried other blushes and they are either too pink or too orange for me. this one is a happy medium and i love it." in 1213 reviews
  • "It very flattering on ALL skin tones and the fact that it is crazy pigmented and blends like a dream makes it even better!" in 79 reviews
  • "The best blush hands down, goes with every skin tone litterally from the palest to the darkest leaving a light shimmer glow 😍" in 38 reviews
  • "It's a light pink shade with a slight glimmer that looks great on my skin and to top it all off, the case is sleek and classy. " in 36 reviews
  • "This blush looks good on all skin tones, and the gold shimmer it in gives you a healthy glow that can take you from day to night in a snap " in 32 reviews
Karina B.
Sparks, NV
Purchased at: Sephora
The quality of this blush is so amazing. It’s hard to describe why it’s so good but once you’ve tried other blushes, this one really just stands out. The shade “orgasm” is a cult favorite and is really pretty but my favorite shade is called “Deep Throat” 😁 The names are so cute and the color is just so unique and perfect. I get SO many compliments on my “skin tone” when I wear this blush. I’m posting a pic of mine so you can see how well loved it is. I will always repurchase this blush and I highly recommend this formula. They have so many shades and this is a superior blush. Worth every penny.
Cynthia C.
Boyds, MD
My favorite blush. This formula it's simply perfection. No matter if your skin type is dry, oily, or combo. It is highly pigmented, but goes on sheer, making it highly blendable for that perfect natural wash of color. It is also fairly easy to build upon, if you're looking for a less sheer look.

I follow the technique used by the MUA in the video on this product's page on Sephora. As usual, with the appropriate amount of product, apply to apples of cheeks, then blend up the cheekbones. To finish, blend the remaining pigment up to the area above the ends of the brows for a natural full face glow.

Their most popular shade is rightfully so because it is seriously universally flattering: it really will look lovely on every skin tone. I use shade Madly when I'm going for a more natural look.

Another reason this will always be the best blush around is because of how long the pots last. Basically, I'm embarrassed to say how long I've had pots last! Yes. They are expensive. But you are definitely getting your money's worth!
Annaleah J.
Chesapeake
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: Orgasm, Deep Throat more...
Need I say much about Nars blush?! They are incredible. My first obsession was Or**** it has a lovely pinkish rosey color and beautiful gold shimmer. It goes on smooth with a smaller blush brush. And it’s long lasting. I started using deep ****** because it’s very similar in color just doesn’t have the extreme shimmer that Or**** has. I use deep ****** when I want a softer more subtle look.
Rhonda M.
Charlotte, NC
Review for: Sex Appeal more...
“Sex appeal” is a beautiful matte shade on my pale pink toned skin. I got it in a beauty box and wasn’t really familiar with the NARS brand. I have heard that Nars had a blush called “ orgasm” that everyone was crazy about. I haven’t tried that one either but it’s the only way I had really heard about Nars blushes from all the hype of that one blush. The blushes come in a rectangle shaped container. It has pale pink writing on the top that says Nars. The container black matte in color the pan inside is a pretty good size. It says it is 0.16 ounces the blush color “ sex appeal” is gorgeous in the pan and just as beautiful on the skin. This blush makes you look healthy and natural looking which is a plus for me. The texture is really smooth and it applies evenly. I did tap my IT Cosmetics brush into the pan about three times to get the desired amount of pigment on the apples of my cheeks. It is really pigmented but I didn’t dig very hard with my brush I just tapped it lightly in to get the product. I liked it I did but I don’t feel it is worth the price. I saw that the most talked about “orgasm” Nars Blush that everyone is crazy about that there is a dupe for it from wet n wild called “apricot”. So this tells me that there will be many other options out there for me that are less expensive. I won’t be repurchasing this but since it came in a beauty box I will enjoy it while I have it.
Ellie R.
Tempe, AZ
Review for: Other more...
I am a huge Nars blush fan and have been for such a long time. I own many singles and a few of their blush palettes. The color I’m showcasing today was once a Rouge/VIB only purchase because it was a limited edition and in limited quantities. I’m not sure if it’s still available at Sephora, but I’m glad I snagged it when I did;-)! It’s called, “Goulue”, it’s a light berry with slight gold shimmer. I absolutely love it and any Nars blush as long as the color is flattering with my skin tone and doesn’t accentuate my lines. The formula is so buttery, blendable, and if you use a light hand, can be buildable to get that perfect saturation you’re seeking. I own quite a few different blush brands, some luxury and some drugstore, and honestly, Nars is on the top of my list because they are consistent with their formula! When brands change their formulas from time to time, it’s hard on us consumers; especially, when they don’t announce the changes. Trust is earned, regardless of the situation, and trust is key in all relationships you have in life! I despise it when brands change their formula for cost saves and keep it secret until it’s discovered through angry customers. I’m not positive, but I don’t think Nars has changed anything in their blushes, other than adding colors. I do love Nars and their blushes are fabulous in my humble opinion. Peace and blessings!!!
Kelsey R.
Holladay, UT
There's good reason that this blush has a cult following, and staying powder (it's been a permanent staple in my collection for a decade). For reference I have light skin, pink undertones and blue eyes. This is the perfect coral/peach natural flush and a gorgeous shimmer.
I wish they made a matte version!
Tesia N.
Sioux Falls, SD
Purchased at: Sephora
Absolutely LOVE NARS’s blush products! They are amazing quality and always blend out on the face with other products really nicely. My favorite shade is “Orgasm” but I also love “Rouge.” I mix those two together almost everyday for my blush! I am a huge blush girl and these little babies are amazing :)
Ann B.
Pensacola, FL
Purchased at: Sephora
This is my favorite long lasting blush. I have the shade sin and it’s a purple shade that looks really great when paired with a gold highlight. It last all day on my face and isn’t too intense either. Only one swipe of a brush is needed. It packing is super slim and cute and it feels really luxurious
Macy V.
Gainesville, FL
The best blush on the planet. It is flattering on all skin types, makes your skin glow without being shiny, long lasting, pigmented but not too pigmented, blendable, and looks amazing, There's a reason it's a cult favorite. If you can only buy one blush, it should be  this one.
Victoria C.
Irvine, CA
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: Orgasm more...
The Nars blush in “orgasm” is definitely my favorite blush. Not only did the name catch my laugha and approval, but also how it looks on my face. Although it looks very shimmery when you look at the blush itself, when you apply it with a brush, its light and gives the skin a nice flush.
Tati C.
I really want to try this, but I can't see myself spending about $30 on a blush. Do you know of any good dupes?
Rebecca H.
Oceanside , CA
What other NARS products have you been raving about lately!?
Kathryn C.
I have been debating on splurging on the Nars blush "orgasm". Is it really such a great shade? And does it look good on light skin tones?
Elizabeth F.
I am thinking on purchasing this product, but how pigmented is it?I have an olive skin tone and some blushes appear very dark on me, others don't appear at all! How do you think this blush will show up on my skin?
Veronica H.
Springdale, AR
Is it that good?> i want!!