NARS BlushInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

BY NARS #2 in Blush

A RICHLY PIGMENTED, MICRONIZED POWDER FORMULA THAT DELIVERS SHEER BUILDABLE COLOR IN A WIDE RANGE OF SHADES AND EFFECTS. THIS SUPERFINE POWDER BLENDS EVENLY WITH EACH APPLICATION.

OVERVIEW:

CHEEK TO CHIC
The ultimate authority in blush, NARS offers the industry's best-selling, most iconic shades for cheeks, delivering healthy-looking color that immediately enlivens the complexion and provides a natural-looking flush that flatters any skin tone. Iconic shades include a range of translucent, natural tones, each with a subtle pink for a natural-looking blush undertone to highlight the complexion. Silky, superfine micronized powder pigments in matte and shimmering shades ensure irresistibly soft, blendable application. A light application of even the highest-intensity hues delivers a natural-looking flush. Soft, buildable shades deliver a wide range of effects, ranging from ultra-sheer to powerful pops of color.

THE #1-SELLING BLUSH IN THE U.S.*

*Source: The NPD Group, Inc. / BeautyTrends, U.S. Prestige Makeup Retail Unit Sales, January-October 2015.

BENEFITS:
Micronized powder ensures a soft, blendable application.
Create endless effects with silky matte and shimmering finishes available in iconic shades, including the best-selling award winner, Orgasm.
Natural, healthy looking color that immediately enlivens the complexion. A light application of even the highest-intensity hues delivers a natural-looking flush.

HOW TO USE:
Use #20 Blush Brush and apply to the apples of the cheek.
Sweep the excess across the hairline, bridge of the nose and chin.
For more dimension, apply a shimmer shade to the apples and a matte shade to the hollows of the cheek.

• I am interested in trying NARS Blushnars blush but it is ...3 Answers
  • I want the shade misconduct so bad!! I never owned a NARS...2 Answers
  • Is this a good blush for Asian toned skins and is it good...6 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "i use the color “orgasm” and i have for as long as i can remember. this color is flattering on every skin tone. i’ve tried other blushes and they are either too pink or too orange for me. this one is a happy medium and i love it." in 1213 reviews
  • "It very flattering on ALL skin tones and the fact that it is crazy pigmented and blends like a dream makes it even better!" in 79 reviews
  • "The best blush hands down, goes with every skin tone litterally from the palest to the darkest leaving a light shimmer glow 😍" in 38 reviews
  • "It's a light pink shade with a slight glimmer that looks great on my skin and to top it all off, the case is sleek and classy. " in 36 reviews
  • "This blush looks good on all skin tones, and the gold shimmer it in gives you a healthy glow that can take you from day to night in a snap " in 32 reviews
Cynthia C.
Boyds, MD
My favorite blush. This formula it's simply perfection. No matter if your skin type is dry, oily, or combo. It is highly pigmented, but goes on sheer, making it highly blendable for that perfect natural wash of color. It is also fairly easy to build upon, if you're looking for a less sheer look.

I follow the technique used by the MUA in the video on this product's page on Sephora. As usual, with the appropriate amount of product, apply to apples of cheeks, then blend up the cheekbones. To finish, blend the remaining pigment up to the area above the ends of the brows for a natural full face glow.

Their most popular shade is rightfully so because it is seriously universally flattering: it really will look lovely on every skin tone. I use shade Madly when I'm going for a more natural look.

Another reason this will always be the best blush around is because of how long the pots last. Basically, I'm embarrassed to say how long I've had pots last! Yes. They are expensive. But you are definitely getting your money's worth!
Rhonda M.
Review for: Sex Appeal more...
“Sex appeal” is a beautiful matte shade on my pale pink toned skin. I got it in a beauty box and wasn’t really familiar with the NARS brand. I have heard that Nars had a blush called “ orgasm” that everyone was crazy about. I haven’t tried that one either but it’s the only way I had really heard about Nars blushes from all the hype of that one blush. The blushes come in a rectangle shaped container. It has pale pink writing on the top that says Nars. The container black matte in color the pan inside is a pretty good size. It says it is 0.16 ounces the blush color “ sex appeal” is gorgeous in the pan and just as beautiful on the skin. This blush makes you look healthy and natural looking which is a plus for me. The texture is really smooth and it applies evenly. I did tap my IT Cosmetics brush into the pan about three times to get the desired amount of pigment on the apples of my cheeks. It is really pigmented but I didn’t dig very hard with my brush I just tapped it lightly in to get the product. I liked it I did but I don’t feel it is worth the price. I saw that the most talked about “orgasm” Nars Blush that everyone is crazy about that there is a dupe for it from wet n wild called “apricot”. So this tells me that there will be many other options out there for me that are less expensive. I won’t be repurchasing this but since it came in a beauty box I will enjoy it while I have it.
Hope B.
Review for: Orgasm more...
This is amazing! I received this as a free birthday gift from Ulta and i was so excited to try it out! I've heard all of the amazing things about these blushes. It's a pink/coral shade with gold shimmer. I have very pale skin and this was the perfect color for me! It wasn't too pigmented but it was still there which is perfect for my everyday look. You can build up the color easily but i prefer a more natural look with blushes :) the gold shimmer makes my face look so glowy and healthy. It stayed on all day for me (even after gym) i recommend this even though it is pricey ❤️
Teri B.
Review for: Orgasm, Hot Sand more...
Hot Sand claims to be a highlighting blush, but on me it is just a straight up highlighter. I love using it as highlight. It blends so well into my skin. It gives the perfect glow to the cheeks and you can build up the intensity as well. I have been into the blinding highlights lately and I love that I can build this up to be blinding. But I also love that this can give me that subtle glow as well when i want it. This does kick up a good amount of powder, but it could also be the brush that I'm using since it does it with a lot of my other highlights as well.
Orgasm is a nice blush that gives a nice peachy pink color. It has has gold sparkles in it, however on me it does not show that way. The only thing I don't like about this is that after a fair amount of uses it becomes weird and crusty over the top and even with scraping the top layer off of it it still goes back to being crusty on the top... I will update with a picture later... I'm not sure how to fix this issue with it. It's like a layer of film or something on top and the blush just doesn't work the same like when i first got it.

The picture is of Nars Blush in Orgasm.

Kami L.
Grafton , WV
Review for: Orgasm more...
I have to be honest, I like Nars as a brand. I mean they put out tons of great products all the time, but for me, their blushes just aren’t the best. The NARS Blush Orgasm falls short of what a blush should do in my opinion. I used this blush time and time again because it was everyone’s favorite blush! It was all the rage—just not with me. I applied with different brushes and still it was patchy and scratchy in the pan. No color would come off of the product. Another thing about this blush is that it is shimmery — even glittery— and that’s just not what I want in a blush. Sorry Nars, I love you as a brand, but your blushes just aren’t my favorite.
Cassandra N.
Plymouth, MA
Review for: Sex Appeal more...
This color is a soft peachy pink. It applies pretty lightly and not great for a dramatic flush, however I use this color all over my face for a soft, romantic glow. I like to layer this on my cheeks in the summer with a darker shade or I wear it alone when I am pale in the winter. I like this particular shade because it has no shimmer or glitter- I prefer to add my shimmer via highlighter for a more refined skin texture. I am blonde with fair skin and I just think this is a lovely shade for fair tones. I bought this because I saw in a magazine a picture of Reese Witherspoon wearing this blush and it did not disappoint. Natural look for those who like a more subtle color!
Alicia K.
Oklahoma City, OK
I love the pigment and the blendability and the formula of the NARS blushes. The color range is so nice and is compatible with almost every skin OUT THERE. The price of the blush is $30 and buying a few and splurging is worth it because it’s such a great product, it lasts for a decent amount of time not only on the skin but the product itself, you do not have to use a lot. You won’t go through it too fast and it’s a great investment if you’re into make up and you want to try a really good blush. The packaging is so great. NARS makes some of my favorite packaging. It’s velvety smooth to the touch it is black and their logo is just simplistically great.
Tonia H.
Kansas City , MO
Review for: Taj Mahal more...
One of my favorite blushes. I feel like NARS just gets it when it comes to the texture of blushes. TajMahal is a gorgeous orange shimmer blush that looks amazing on deep skin tones. You can only buy for the NARS website as it has been discontinued at Sephora. I do think that the blushes are a lil expensive but what do you do? I would repurchase again and again.
Alexandra R.
Henderson, NV
Review for: Orgasm more...
I have been using this blush FOR YEARS. It’s my go-to and I wear it every single day. I have tried the “super orgasm” and I thought it horrible- the flecks of shimmer were huge and looked like I placed craft glitter on my cheeks- so back to the good ‘ole regular “orgasm” shade it was. I’ve even mixed this shade in with lip gloss to create my own shimmery, matching lip color. This blush is long lasting and I only have to apply it once a day. Great product. I highly recommend.
Rachel C.
Tupelo
Review for: Orgasm, Super Orgasm, Angelika, Sex Appeal more...
NARS is my go-to when it comes to purchasing blush. I love the packaging and the formula they use, these things last forever! I have medium skin-tone and their color choices are so versatile. I've used very light shades & VERY dark shades & somehow they all blend in nicely with my skin tone. I would've never thought to buy a darker shade had a makeup artist not used a burgundy color on me! It was subtle, colorful yet not overbearing. The blush itself stays on my face all day long & my skin has never been irritated after using NARS products! 10 out of 10 would recommend!
Tati C.
I really want to try this, but I can't see myself spending about $30 on a blush. Do you know of any good dupes?
Rebecca H.
Oceanside , CA
What other NARS products have you been raving about lately!?
Kathryn C.
I have been debating on splurging on the Nars blush "orgasm". Is it really such a great shade? And does it look good on light skin tones?
Elizabeth F.
I am thinking on purchasing this product, but how pigmented is it?I have an olive skin tone and some blushes appear very dark on me, others don't appear at all! How do you think this blush will show up on my skin?
Veronica H.
Springdale, AR
Is it that good?> i want!!