30 colors available

BY NARS #53 in Lipstick

A modern lipstick that dresses up lips with bold coverage and ultrasoft texture. Debut weightless, color-saturated lips when you smooth on this NARS Audacious Lipstick. It glides on like satin across skin, and achieves single-stroke coverage that leaves lips with captivating color. "Embrace the audacious in everything, especially your lipstick color. It's liberating, exhilarating, empowering." Francois Nars, Creative Director This product is an Allure Best of Beauty winner.

• How long do these lipsticks last on the lips? Any nude shades that ...2 Answers
  • What's the best red lipstick by Nars?2 Answers
  • Are these matte lipsticks?1 Answers
Anna M.
Anna M.
Pullman, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I own the shade Anna which is a dark pink mauve which has a slightly plum undertone to it on my fair skin. I get so many compliments on the color of it alone and it's such a beautiful and unique shade that I don't have in my collection. The formula is amazing it has a velvety texture to it, it's incredibly smooth and silky. It does not cling to dry areas or sink into fine lines on the lips. I would say it's a satin lipstick but does leave a finish that resemembles a matte. Because of the smooth texture it doesn't start to pill up or crack on the lips after long wear. It also doesn't leave a ring around your mouth either. It can smudge onto your face after eating if you aren't careful and it doesn't last a necessarily long time but I have no issues re applying. The best part is that it fades evenly and leaves a slight stain on the lips afterward. Basically, yes it's amazing and yes it's expensive. Do I think anyone NEEDS to run out and buy these, no. They are luxurious and there are many cheap lipsticks that perform well. That being said if you are a lipstick junky I would highly recommend these. They have a beautiful array of shades to suit many preferences and skin tones and gorgeous sleek packaging that closes magnetically. Also love the engraved NARS in the lipstick itself. Just an all around wonderful lipstick
Veronica M.
Veronica M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This Lipstick by NARS is the cream of the crop! It's a super hydrating, easy to apply and long lasting lipstick. It leaves my lips hydrated and super soft for hours! Every 4-5 hours I have to reapply it so it has a great long lasting staying power especially since it's so smooth and hydrating too for the entire duration. It's easy to apply because of how smooth and soft its texture is. It comes in a conventional lipstick tube that can be applied right from the tube or with a lipstick brush. It's an even better and precise application when using a lipstick brush because it's soft creamy texture makes it easy to stick on to the brush and to blend into lips. I purchased mine at Sephora for $34 so it is a pricey lipstick but it's worth the investment and you will be amazed at the beautiful shade assortment that the collection has to offer! My favorite one is a tan rose called Barbra! You won't regret this purchase!
Angharad H.
Angharad H.
Lynchburg, Virginia
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was never a lipstick person until I tried this lipstick - now I where it almost every day!

I have two shades, Brigitte & Barbara, and both have the same pros. These lipsticks are so creamy any I, personally, find them to be very moisturizing. The color is very pigmented, and most of the time you can get away with just one application (depending on the shade).

While not necessarily a con, there are a few things to make not of. The wear time is not very long, roughly 5-6 hours before a slight touch up is recommended. It does transfer, and the more eating/drinking/kissing you do, the more you will need to touch up.

The price can be seen as a lot at first glance, but when taking into consideration all that this lipstick has to offer, I believe that it is worth the price.
Becca L.
Becca L.
Sarasota, FL
Review for: Raquel (pink beige)
I knew I wanted a Nars Audacious lipstick for my college graduation-- something somewhat long-wearing, but DEFINITELY creamy. This product delivers. It is absolutely worth the price tag, and the peachy nude shade is my go-to everyday color (especially with a tan-nude liner underneath). It's insanely comfortable, and I just feel so breezy and pretty wearing it!

I also think it's worthwhile to mention how awesome the packaging is. This line of lipsticks has the classic matte black packaging you expect from Nars, but the bullet actually has a magnetic closure, and it's great to not have to worry about it. In fact, I find myself wishing all of my lipsticks had it. I'll definitely be purchasing more from this line as soon as my budget allows!
Zoe F.
Zoe F.
Royal Oak, MI
The NARS Audacious Lipsticks are one of the best lipstick formulas on the market. THe lipstick are incredibly creamy and buttery-smooth. They apply so smoothly on the lips - there is no patchiness or rough application here. The pigmentation in the lighter and more medium-toned shades is absolutely amazing; the pigmentation in some of the darker shades, like Charlotte, does take some building up, but they do build up to a beautiful and full-coverage finish. They aren't matte and aren't glossy. Instead, the have the most beautiful, natural satin finish. There are a ton of shades to choose from - so everyone can find the perfect nude, red, or purple for them. The packaging is luxe and very well made. Overall, a phenomenal product!
Jonelle S.
Jonelle S.
Yonkers, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
These are by far the most luxurious lipsticks I have ever tried. Believe me I have tried them all. Are they a bit pricier than your usual lipstick. Yes, but they aren't just your regular lipstick. With the sleek,magnetic packaging they snap shut automatically. Which is great so that a potential mess in your purse isn't a possibility. The pigmentation is incredible. The formula is super comfortable & long wearing. While the array of colors are beautiful. All around just excellent quality. They are by far my favorite high end lipstick. Even if you are into mattes which everyone seems to be into lately. These have a nice satin finish & with a touch of translucent powder it can be completely matte. Magic!
Sloane S.
Sloane S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Ok let's just start off with the packaging: aesthetically beautiful AND the magnetic closure is something I never knew I needed until this collection. The consistency is so rich and buttery, you're honestly getting what you are paying for. There's this one oxblood red called Charlotte that is SO stunning- my friends and I all joke around whenever any one wears Charlotte because it's all we can talk about! I purchased mine at Sephora but you can probably get these at other large retailers like Nordstroms or Bloomingdales. Sidebar: now I can't stop thinking about Charlotte!
Paula J.
Paula J.
North Augusta, SC
Let me begin by saying that I love Nars. For years I've loved shades like Dolce Vita and Heat Wave. When the Audacious line was released I was intrigued but I did not immediately buy any. I did frequent Instagram and YouTube though and those rave reviews convinced me to finally splurge. Once I got a couple shades of this lipstick I was...underwhelmed. They are pretty but I really don't think they are unique enough to warrant a price tag of over $30. The formula was not revolutionary either. Plenty of brands make a traditional pigmented lipstick for much less.
Emily P.
Emily P.
Cleveland, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Audrey (red currant)
I love this lipstick! If you're looking for a shade that looks like fine red wine, then this is your perfect match. The packaging is by far my favorite (I get a little disappointed when I use other lipsticks without the magnetic close). The formula itself is very hydrating and it lasts 6+ hours on me (with minimal eating and drinking). Though it feathers a little on my lips, it can be remedied with a little lipliner. This lipstick makes a statement of its own, it's has a lovely sheen and gives you that classy red lip you've been searching for.
Sally R.
Sally R.
Tallahassee, FL
Nars Audacious is my favorite lipstick line. They have the perfect amount of pigment. They are so creamy without being overbearing on the lips. They color range is amazing and I've found that almost all colors work well with my skin tone. I do have a little bit of an issue with slip, but I have that with all lipsticks. I typically wear it without lip liner or nude lip liner, and it lasts well throughout the day even with eating. I would recommend the colors Rita and Charlotte. Well worth the price, as they last.
Caroline B.
Caroline B.
I see these getting amazing reviews everywhere but I want to know what makes them so special? Are they truly worth the price?
Krystal R.
Krystal R.
Gadsden, AL
Is this lipstick matte or satin?
Vanessa C.
Vanessa C.
Bronx, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is the lipstick moisturizing on the lips?
Kaylee D.
Kaylee D.
Garland, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
How do these lipsticks last through a meal? And how do they compare to other lines of lipstick??
Amanda S.
Amanda S.
Just wondering if the audacious lipsticks are worth the hype and the hefty price tag?? I like a pigmented lipstick, but are their better options??