Napoleon Dynamite

by Jared Hess

From the rural town of Preston, Idaho, comes Napoleon Dynamite (Jon Heder). With a red 'fro, his moon boots, and illegal government ninja moves, he is a new kind of hero. His family consists of fragile brother Kip (Aaron Ruell), who's seeking his soulmate in online chat rooms; Uncle Rico (Jon Gries), who is stuck in his "glory" days of high school football; and Grandma (Sandy Martin), who enjoys going out to the dunes on her quad-runner. Napoleon spends his days drawing magical beasts, working on his computer hacking skills to impress the chicks, and begrudgingly feeding his Grandma's pet llama. When his friend Pedro (Efren Ramirez) decides to run for class president, it is Napoleon to the rescue to help him triumph over adversity.

Did you Vote for Pedro? Best song from this movie?
Is this movie set in the 80's ? There clothes seem dated ??
What's your favorite quote from this movie?
Start your review of Napoleon Dynamite!
How would you rate this product?
By far my favorite movie on the planet. It’s hilarious. It’s really goofy though. But it doesn’t cuss or have any sexual scenes so it’s kid friendly. I’ve honestly not even kidding have watched this about 100 times. It never gets old and I laugh every time.
South Houston, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I like and don’t like Napoleon Dynamite because I can never finish this movie I always end up halfway cuz i end up having highway hipnosis while watching this and low key have a headache and fall asleep lol it’s a weird feeling but I always want to keep watching because I want to finish the movie lol but anyways other than that they have funny parts and they make memes out of this movie lol it’s about a teenage nerd at school who has a friend and does weird stuff! There’s no message no plot to story line behind it it’s just him being his weird ol self lol
Odon, IN
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I absolutely love this movie. My mom and I quote it all the time. The slower pace and dry humor make it a movie I love to revisit again and again in an age of nausea-inducing action-packed CGI. Definitely a classic that I think everyone should see at least once. I own the DVD! :)
Las Vegas
1,019 reviews
I just adore this movie! I hated it the first time I saw but loved it after the second. So many great scenes to choose a favorite. I felt like the music was similar to 70'sadult film music. Cheesy. LOVED all the actors! I would highly recommend this hilarious movie. "Your mom goes to college"
Richmond, VA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This movie is hilarious. When I first saw Napoleon I burst out laughing. That let me know the movie was going to be funny, the actors were great. They played their roles very well and put you in the era they were portraying. I would watch it again because you can't help but laugh at it.
Greenwood, IN
hahaha I laughed just thinking about this movie. It is such a weird movie that its funny. It I perfect for people who just love to laugh in general. I recommend this movie. It may seem kind of stupid but it will make you laugh for sure!
Russell, KS
Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been rating movies online with all day. This movie is a classic. Funny, dry humor and some great quotables! Strongly suggest!
Lubbock, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
'Pedro for president, GAH' I LOVE NAPOLEON DYNAMITE....FROM HIS BEST FRIEND PEDRO.... HIS LITTLE GIRLFRIEND WITH THE BRACES... TO his WIERDO UNCLE WHO SELLS TUPPERWARE.
This movie is so funny! And nerdy too. Lol. It's the first movie that I ever saw Haley Duff in. I can never get tired of watching this movie. When my cousin was younger,he used to look like Napoleon because he had really curly red hair.
Lyndhurst, OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
This movie was just great. I don't even know how to explain why. It was a cult classic instantly. The humor isn't for everyone, but for those it is for, it's amazing. If you have siblings, this will crack you up every time. If you've ever had a crazy paren't situation, you can relate. I think it's a great film for any adolescent educationally as well, no joke. Napoleon lives life how he wants to despite his ginger hair do and gawky glasses, he doesn't crap from anyone. Good film.