Nail Rock Designer Nail Wraps

For an instant bold manicure, try these designer nail wraps. see more...

Nail Rock Designer Nail Wraps
  • "I followed the directions directly from the packaging, and sealed them with a top coat as suggested on multiple blogs." in 11 reviews
  • "They are way cheaper than sally hansen though so I would probably opt for these but I also had an issue with airbubbles and chipping." in 6 reviews
  • "They come in many amazing different designs but the problem with these are they don't stay on your nails for long (less than a day) which is a shame." in 5 reviews
Kitty C.
I followed the instructions located on the back of the packet and that was my first mistake. The instructions listed is a condensed version. I didn’t even bother stretching the nail wraps much because I didn’t think I have to or was supposed to. The result was some wrinkly parts of the nail wraps on my nails. I then read the instructions located on a sheet inside the packed. This one had a couple more steps and actually stated to stretch the nail wraps. The result is a much better fit for my nails. As you can see in the picture, my ring finger looks like it had the almost perfect application while the pointing and pinky fingers in particular looks like nail wraps gone wild. That’s the difference with the instructions on the back of the packet and included inside the packet. Now, even when I did follow the instruction, I couldn’t quite get it to behave the way it’s supposed to as you can see on my middle finger. I took off the very wrinkly nail wrap and decided to give it a go again on that finger. I followed the instructions carefully, but still could not get the same result as I did with my ring finger. For fingernails that are more curved, you will need to do more stretching for it to fit well. Another thing is compared to other nail decal or polish strips type of products, I find that Nail Rock designer nail wraps are less pliable. This in turn makes me hesitant to stretch too much.

What I really love about this product is that it’s pretty easy to apply (just follow the instructions IN the packet), it does last a long time (7 days for me even with those darn creases), and the huge bonus for me: unlike similar products from other brands, any leftover strips will keep well for another use. Yes, you read it right. 2 of my favorite brands for this type of product is Sally Hansen and Incoco. The problem I have with those is that if I manage to have some leftovers, I can’t keep it for another use. The adhesiveness disappear, even if you store it in an airtight plastic bag. Such a waste.
madison b.
Since using the NCLA wraps (review of which can be found here) I've developed a bit of an infatuation with nail wraps in general and as a consequence, I'm on a mission to find the best. I don't like the idea of faffing about with heating them, so I'm only open to trying the ones where you can stick and go.

I got a few good days of use out of my NCLA ones and they were nice and easy to remove; I just peeled them off and went over the nail with a cotton pad soaked in varnish remover. The wraps could've comfortably lasted a few days longer, I was just keen to try another pattern.

I had a pack of Nail Rock Designer Nail Wraps hanging around with a Black and White Stripes pattern. I liked the pattern, I felt it was quite 60's although my boyfriend pointed out that they'd prove equally complimentary to the hands of a Queens Park or Newcastle United football fan....so that's handy.

The application for these wraps was again easy, although the wrap felt a little bit thicker which was made it harder to file the edge off. The finished nails looked good, but the big difference between these ones and the NCLA ones is that the edges of these were very scratchy; I couldn't even apply eye cream properly as the ends of my fingers were so raggedy. They don't look raggedy (unless you look really close) but I wasn't too thrilled with the way they felt.

I applied these last night and they really haven't held well. Firstly, the edges keep catching on things and no amount of smoothing them down has made any difference, plus one of the wraps came almost completely off earlier which isn't ideal. I feel like I need to be more careful with these wraps whereas the NCLA ones I felt wouldn't budge until I wanted them to.

Lastly, little bubbles have started to appear under the nails. I don't know if this is a flaw in my application technique or a problem with the wraps themselves, but I don't think I'll try these wraps again as I don't feel they're as easy to work with as the NCLA wraps.

The NCLA ones involve slightly more effort as you need to apply a clear varnish before and after you apply the wrap, but if this is the difference between wraps that stay put and wraps that start peeling then I think it's worth the effort.

Today I bought a couple more wraps: Nailease and Myleene Klass. Both of these don't appear to involve faffing about with heat, so I'm hoping they'll be as good as the NCLA ones, otherwise I'm likely to stick with NCLA wraps instead.

Nail Rock Designer Nail Wraps are available from Boots here or their main site here.

Anybody have any other nail wrap brands to recommend
Jennifer C.
Saint Johns, FL
I received these nail wraps in the pattern Union Jack Gold and Black in my February GlossyBox.

The pattern itself was not one I would have purchased myself although looking at the site it's doubtful I would have ever purchased them anyways based on patterns alone (I really prefer the patterns of the Sally Hansen Salon Effects myself).

But since I'm always willing to try new things I decided to give them a go. I followed the directions as they were written and I'm not sure if maybe my package was a bit defective or something because they just did not stick well AT ALL!

Another issue I had was with the sizing as I have slender nails and about 5 of the 8 sizes wouldn't work with that. They do say you can trim them down but I just wasn't willing to go that extra step since they were not sticking well at all.

I know the package says they could last 10 days but mine probably wouldn't have even made it past the first one.

There is definitely no way I'm going to go out of my way to buy these but if I receive more in a future subscription box I'd give them another try just to see if my first set really was defective.
Emily A.
I had tried the Sally Hansen nail stickers before, and they lasted only a few days before peeling off, so I decided to give another brand a try. Nail Rock was cheap and had a pattern I liked, so I went for it. I did not have much trouble fitting them to my nails, or smoothing them, but getting rid of the excess sticker in a clean cut was difficult, as it kept tearing unevenly. I followed the directions directly from the packaging, and sealed them with a top coat as suggested on multiple blogs. As soon as the top coat dried, the nail stickers began to curl up around the edges. Within a few hours, THREE of the stickers had peeled right off. I replaced them, this time without a top coat, and they stayed on for about a day. I wouldn't give these another chance, though I do think the top coat I used affected the quality. Even the Sally Hansen strips which didn't work well were able to stay on my nails for longer than a couple of hours.
Stella S.
Mundelein, IL
I bought a package of nail rocks from dry goods at my mall. I've been wanting to find the platnium nail wraps and I couldn't find them anywhere in my drugstores, sephoras, etc.
The wraps were a little bit of a struggle to put on, but after putting a couple on, you get the hang of it. While they do include a small nail file and an orange stick, I recommend just using a big nail file, it's much easier than trying to maneuver the three inch tiny nail file included.
My nail wraps lasted about two weeks before I had to peel them off. So they last just as long, if not longer, as a regular manicure! :) And you don't have to wait for your nails to dry so you can text or type right away x)
There's also different sizes of the nail wraps in each package. And if you have left over nail wraps but not enough to cover all of your nails, just put one or two on your fourth finger too add a pop of color. :)
Megan B.
Grand Rapids, MI
I actually received these in a Glossybox. I thought the design was really cute (black and white chevron). But, the application was a nightmare and they looked awful! Actually, I'm assuming we've all seen Clueless, right? So, when Cher tells Tai that Amber is a full-on Monet that's exactly how I felt about these nail strips! From far away they were okay, but up close, they were just a big ole' hot mess! I chucked this up to the fact they were actual stickers and not real polish strips. If you want the same ease of the nail strip, but less of a "Monet" representation, I'd check out Sally Hanson or Essie, and leave these alone!
Jenny C.
I really wanted to love these and even bought a couple different sets because I was sure I'd enjoy them. Unfortunately, they ended up in the round file... I tried and tried and tried some more but just could not get them to go on smooth without some kind of wrinkle or bump somewhere. They're not like other polish strips that, once warm, take on a polish like finish. These are literally very thick stickers (like kids play with)... They don't stick right, are impossible to trim at the cuticle and would def be too sort for someone with slightly longer nails. I expected a great product for the price but these are a complete waste of money.
Sarah T.
Frisco, TX
I absolutely love the patterns on these. The big problem with these is the application and wear time. Be prepared to spend a very frustrating hour trying to put these on. Then wait another hour later until you get so frustrated with them not sticking on that you rip them off. It also doesn't help that their 9 bucks. If they stuck better and lasted longer they'd be fabulous.
Braelyn G.
Pinehurst, TX
I cannot even describe how much I love nail wraps. I particularly am not good at painting nails and it his makes it so easy to do. These wraps have the best quality because they stay on for a very long time. I didn't get these exact ones but I got the same brand and I went shopping and baby'sitted my nephews and they stayed on the whole entire time!!!
Aneny M.
Allentown, PA
My work it's especially in manicure, i love the design in nail, sometimes i used this stuff like this and the customers love it, when you need some help when you don't have any time for manicure or polish nail this are recommended, but I'm not sure its durable because its not a gel uv or something like that this only for going out or you have one activity and don't have time for paint your nails, this is very easy putting, quickly and very cute :) your nails looks very delicate :)
Cristin C.
Meriden, CT
What style is the most attractive to use?
Vanessa G.
Lubbock, TX
How long do these last?
Chelsea A.
Dayton, OH
How do these compare to the Salley Henson nail effects?
Jolina N.
Palmetto, GA
How long would you say that these last?
Kaitie P.
Tracy, CA
How are these compared to kiss nail wraps