Nabi 2 uploaded by Daisy R.

BY FUHU

• How good is thus tablet? Thinking about getting one for my son2 Answers
  • I was thinking of getting this as a Christmas gift for my son who...1 Answers
  • I am considering getting one for my two year old son (good 5 year...5 Answers
Nabi 2
  • "My 7 and 8 year old girls got this for christmas from their godmothers' I don't believe in video gameing for little kids so this is their only way to play and gives me controll over how long they use it with mommy mode and it is exelent for learning I'm looking to buy the nabi jr. For my little boys this is great tool for early lerning. " in 7 reviews
  • "It works just like a regular tablet just has parental controls on it so they can't go on the internet or download anything without permission." in 6 reviews
  • "My son loves his nabi, he's always so into it playing with symbols, puzzles, numbers, matching, listening to music, and watching Disney Jr." in 5 reviews
  • "The Nabi is a great tablet for kids, however not really recommended for kids over 6." in 5 reviews
  • "My daughter got a tablet for Christmas and needless to say she dropped it and broke it within a month." in 5 reviews
Tonya D.
We bought a Nabi 2 from best buy when my daughter was 3. We originally bought her a Meep tablet from Toys R Us, for Christmas but it crashed after the first day and this was her replacement.

Setting it up was a little bumpy but not bad. The mommy mode functions like a normal tablet, so I found myself using the tablet sometimes too.

Battery life isn't bad, lasting about 4 hrs of continuous play.

Very durable! Ours lasted close to 4 years, and never had to replace it. When it finally died on us, it had a small scratch on the screen and the camera had quit working.

This tablet comes with the Nabi appstore, but we were able to install and use Google play pretty easily.

The only con was the charger plug. It was an old fashion adapter and not USB.

I do highly recommend these tablets for young children. It was money well spent.
Daisy R.
Platte City, MO
Not a huge fan of this tablet certain apps won't move to the child mode from daddy mode. I have to get on daddy mode so he can play certain games. I do like that I can download most apps for free except abc mouse. The tablet itself was fairly priced compared to others just not a huge fan good for a starter one since it has the rubber which helps protect it. The charger thing is a pain in the rear have to set it a certain way to change. If this one ever breaks we will definitely not get it again.
Lora S.
Vancouver, WA
We just bought this for our 4 year old and it's so much more awesome then a regular tablet! It has a timer on it. Comes with awesome apps to help them learn the letters,numbers and what not! I feel safer knowing I have way more control over what is seen on it and the time limit. It also helps her know how long she can be on it and not get upset when the time is up. Great buy!
Kayla M.
Ruskin, FL
Techie Expert Level 1
We are so glad that we purchases this tablet. It is great for ages 4-8. There are parental controls which limit what your children are able to use. The kids have dropped this, kicked it and thrown it without it breaking. It's every durable and easy to use. Great investment if you're looking for a sturdy tablet. Don't forget to keep that cover on though!
Dave H.
Chipley, FL
I can't say enough about the Nabi2! This table comes pre-installed with learning apps, and even a "chore list" that you can edit, purchase "coins" from the nabi store and set a value to each chore. When your child completes the chore, they will earn the allotted coins towards buying games etc. This isn't the only way to get apps though, you can also download the Amazon App store and get apps/games etc through there as well. Unfortunately right now, the Google Play Store is not available for Nabi.

The Dual user mode is great for setting apps that you want to play, but maybe don't want your little one to play. From "mommy (or daddy) mode" you can choose what apps appear on your child's user. you can download new apps, adjust your settings, turn on or off wi-fi etc. I will advise you that if you use the Amazon App store (which needs to remain installed to play games purchased from there) to remove your payment info after each purchase you make. I know this may be a pain to do every time, but it may save you A LOT of money! Some applications/games can "backdoor" you into the app store even if you have the security settings on (password, PIN, purchase block etc) and your child can run up a bill like you wouldn't believe. There are HUNDREDS of FREE apps that they can still get so don't feel like you have to buy.

Nabi runs on the Android platform and operates just like your android tablet/phone for the most part. create folders of like apps (my son has an angry birds folder, a food games folder for example), pull apps onto "pages" to slide back & forth through etc. The included charger is a USB charger and connects to your desktop or laptop for charging. I would suggest getting one of those USB to AC connectors so you can plug it into the wall or a car charger with USB hookup for charging in the car.
Angela O.
My son received this for his first birthday. He already knows how to go to the camera app and the app that makes animal sounds. I don't let him have it all day of course, but when he's a bit fussy on the changing table it helps out a lot. I love that all the apps are very educational...dealing with sounds, colors, shapes, letters and numbers. There's a lot he can do right now, but there's some that are very entertaining to him. I recommend it.
Jessica G.
Merced, CA
Horrible waste of money!!!! I got one for my 3 year old and it never worked properly so I returned it and got another thinking the first one had a glitch but the second one I got was just as bad!!! I'd say you are better off getting another type of tablet with a great kid proof case!
Tiffany R.
This tablet is great for a toddler. I like it, but there needs to be some improvements made. It tends to be slower than other devices that I have used and it needs a better camera. It tends to be a bit glitchy as well.
Precilla B.
Lafayette, LA
I won't begin to sugar coat this review. My son instantly fell in love when he received this tablet. And within the first month problems had already occurred. It would take 10 minutes to start up, you could'nt play it while it was charging. I contacted the company and initally they ignored my concerns. You cannot find a phone number for this company, and all issues need to be taken up via Facebook. After I read more people were having issues I tried contacting them again and this time I got a response and an email. I described my issues, and went through the steps they wanted me to complete. One rep assured me that they would send out another and I could send in the defective one since my son was so attached to it and I couldn't bare to have him without one for weeks while it was under repair. However they retracted the original promise that I wouldn't have to send in my sons nabi, and said they would have to have to the old one. I gave up. I will give credit, this thing still works (I use that term lightly) but not without it taking 30minutes of turning it on and off before it loads completely, and it freezes, several times a day. I would never in my life buy another Nabi. And I cannot wait for my son to want something else so I can toss it in the trash. Be weary very weary.
Leslie P.
This is soo perfect for kids n they're parents ....my aunt has one of these for my little cousin and they both like it but she loves it due to the fact that she has so much power lol she likes how she's able to set the amount of time he gets to use on it and stuff
Cristina R.
Bell Gardens, CA
The charger is always messing up. Does this happen to other people?
Jessica W.
LA HABRA, CA
I have a 2 year old, How young is too young for this device? is it durable enough to last through the terrible 2's?
Randi J.
Pasadena, TX
Hey ya'll I am thinking about getting the nabi tablet for my little boy who is rough on toys will it last also will it hold his attention and are you able to download games like angry birds and what not to it.... since that is all he wants to do is play that on my phone.... i don't want to spend a ton of money on something that is going to fall apart or my child just wont like any input would be greatly appreciated..... thanks
Paula W.
Roanoke, VA
Do kids actually enjoy this tablet? Ive found that even when you buy children kid-friendly items (like play phones and tablets) they still prefer phones and tablets made for adults.
Christina S.
Escondido, CA
I have a 6 year old, and before I buy a 179 dollar product I would like to know feedback on it. Has anyone found this to be a good product for their kids?