BY N RAGE #4 in Demi-Permanent Hair Color

'N Rage Demi-Permanent Hair Color lets you change your hair when you change your mood! see more...

• Do I havw to bleach my hair first to get maximum color an...2 Answers
  • Has anybody tried this on dark hair if so how old it turn...2 Answers
  • I love using this brand colors. Has anyone found a way to...2 Answers
Buy on Amazon
  • "I tried a bright red color and my thoughts were that I thought it would fade in like 4 washes as many have experienced with other brands such as Splat or Manic Panic." in 36 reviews
  • "Being demi-permanant the color doesnt last for a long time, which is what most people would want with a wacky hair color." in 23 reviews
  • "I used this brand in purple and am planning to get the teal but my previous experience with this dye was good as I found this dye to have very vibrant color." in 12 reviews
  • "when shampooing your hair make sure that you wash with cool to cold water.warm to hot water will bleed the color out of the cuticles of your hair." in 9 reviews
  • "I buy an extra bottle because this stuff is THICK, and I like to use a lot on my hair to make sure it is covered evenly." in 6 reviews
Lailani B.
Beaverton, OR
I am loving this color so far!! I colored my hair this color for Halloween and it's absolutely beautiful. It hasn't lost its vibrance at all since I did It, although the natural parts on my roots are a forest-green (I have naturally caramel blonde hair), but the rest is over pre-bleached hair to a yellow, and a beautiful uniform teal shade. I wash my hair about 3x a week to prevent it from fading quickly, and I'm sure if you shampoo frequently it won't last as long. I have long and thick hair and i only needed one bottle of dye because the formula is great quality. Overall I'm so excited for this color and so happy with It, would definitely recommend! Just make sure to have light/bleached hair and watch how often you wash if you want the best results!
amy verrinder v.
Modesto, CA
I love it the color stands out very bright I have blonde hair so a lot of colors work really good with my hair but I noticed after the 1st wash this one stayed very dark it doesn't even look like it faded out barely what i liked is it got much brighter N Rage Demi Twisted Teal
Dani M.
Toms River, NJ
I LOVE this hair dye, and the brand as a whole. I’ve used N Rage for years, and recommend it to everyone who asks. It’s long lasting, smells great, and works amazing. I used it over my brown hair to achieve a forest green color.
Noelle M.
This is my all time favorite dye. I mix it with conditioner to get a really bright teal color. It’s one of the most beautiful colors I’ve ever used. I always get compliments on my hair, and people ask what I use. The dye is demi permanent, so it lasts forever on my hair. The teal also fades to a beautiful spearmint green.
Kelly G.
I used N'rage cobalt blue and twisted teal for the first time 3 weeks ago. I mixed with about half parts dye half parts cheap conditioner(white rain coconut) just to make the product go a little farther. I let it sit for about 30 minutes and rinsed, the finished product was amazing and after 3 weeks there is still a lot of color in my hair. This will forever be my go to brand for fun colors! It is a Demi-permanent which lasts 2 to 3 times longer than a Semi-permanent.
Courtney H.
dallas, TX
I've dyed my hair every color in the book, and after using many brands of hair dye, 'N Rage is my holy grail of dyes. I've been using 'N Rage Twisted Teal for a year now and I can say that this is, without a doubt, the BEST demi hair dye I've ever used. The color is THE perfect shade of beautiful teal that I expected. If used properly, this color can last longer than most. I currently dye my hair around once a month, sometimes I can even get away with 6 weeks depending on how often I have been washing my hair and applying heat to it.

It's best to use on very light hair. The whiter the hair, the brighter the color will show up. But even if it's used on a dark blonde, the color will still show pretty vividly. When it fades, it fades to more of a green color on my hair, but my hair doesn't hold blue dye very well. But even faded, the color is still bright and gorgeous!

Another thing I like about this product is it smells yummy, just like bubblegum! I never realized how much a hated the smells of other dyes until I started using N Rage.

One thing to note is that you need to be very careful when applying this product because it will stain everything. Make sure to apply petroleum jelly along your hairline and neck (or all over your face like me, I'm very messy) so it doesn't stain your skin. After dying I cant wear white shirts for 2 or 3 washes because it will stain the neckline around my shirt. Aside from that, the only other con I can think of is the packaging. They used to sell their dyes in an upside down squeeze bottle, and I wish they still did because sometimes this product can be extremely hard to get out of the bottle.

Overall, this is the absolute best demi hair dye I've ever used. I'd never go back to Manic Panic or other leading brands.
Analie C.
Artesia, CA
I love this product, I have been using it for almost a year now. It lasts a very long time in your hair (when the directions are followed). This is the most "successful" blue hair dye I have found so far, all the others I have used (manic panic) fade in just 4 washes. The only time I have ever had this color "bleed" was after the first dying, and only then it got on my towel (when it was wet). I have never had it bleed onto clothes/couches/pillows/ect.

I would recommend (for best results) bleaching your hair to a white(off white is fine, but the brighter the better). Then after shampooing the bleach out, I use a neutral protein filler. After that has dried in my hair I then use the Cobalt Blue dye. I buy an extra bottle because this stuff is THICK, and I like to use a lot on my hair to make sure it is covered evenly. I let it sit my hair AS LONG AS POSSIBLE (but no more than 24 hours, the results I get are usually achieved in anywhere between 5-8hours). When washing out the excess dye, I do NOT shampoo. I get out as much as I can with luke-warm water. Then I use a deep conditioning treatment, follow its directions, and then rinse with COLD water.
I only wash my hair every 3 days, and I found that doing so makes the color last twice as long.

The only cons I really have for this product is;
-It stains your nails. So if you just got a manicure be sure to wear gloves when rinsing.
-The thickness of the actually dye it's self can be a problem; so buy an extra bottle or two.
Gladys A.
Most of the red wild color dyes that exist on the market are too pink or too purple and this is the ONLY red I know of that isn't. If you lighten your hair some and if your undertones happen to be orange (like mine) you'll end up with a real red. I'm talking little mermaid red, and it is truly beautiful. I left mine in for an hour and 10 minutes.
They need to sell this stuff in a tube. Like others have said, it is super thick and some of it just won't ever come out. I have chin length hair and I had to use the entire bottle. I also watered mine down to become a much smoothr cream by adding some liquid red protein filler. A brush and bowl is a must or otherwise it is too difficult to control...you really don't want to get this on your skin.
If you are familiar with manic panic, punky colour, etc. you'll know what a mess it can make. This stuff is no different in that regard but this is demi, not semi. It feels and smells like a veggie dye semi (yum) but I have noticed it will stay in a bit longer, which helps. It does condition and smooth the hair cuticle (making it look healthier overall) but it can't condition as well as a semi would. It's close, though.
While this lasts longer than a semi, it's a catch 22. That also means it will bleed for longer, depending on your hair's porosity. Either way, prepare to bleach your towels and pillow cases for awhile. Like someone else noted, wear gloves - even while rinsing. Your nails will thank you.
Dina B.
Nashville, TN
I'll be the first to tell you if a dye fades out too quickly, isn't strong enough, or bleeds all over everything. I haven't found any of those to be a problem with this product.

Well, so long as you don't follow the instructions on the bottle.

While the directions set a good basis for giving you a heads up on safety procedure (gloves are a must, else you WILL come out looking like an alien), their times are a little silly. Fifteen minutes will give you a pretty color, but probably not what you're looking for. I let the Cobalt Blue sit for an hour on bleached hair and still had a couple of little green patches, but most of the color was bright and radiant. If you don't mind some color variation, shorter times will work. Otherwise, settle in for the long haul because you will not be appropriate for public unless you don't mind running about with gooped hair. On the bright side, no heat is necessary so you're free to do whatever you like until the dye is done processing.

The dye itself is a little thick and fights when coming out of the bottle, but otherwise no complaints. The smell is pretty easy to bear (smells like pink bubblegum!) so there's no worries about stinking up the house with ammonia or peroxide smells.

Those with darker hair will want to bleach. No way around it. And do make sure to moisturize your hair after use, especially if you have to bleach it. Hydration masques are great for this and usually smell awesome. Color-locking conditioners are fantastic and will make the color pop for longer if you use them right after you rinse the dye out.
Adrian Q.
Humble, TX
I used this product on my bleached blonde hair and it turned out much lighter than the swatch at the store. The scent of this dye is very pleasant and reminds me of bubblegum flavored candy. The consistency is thick enough to where you don't have to worry about it running while applying it to your hair. (I purchased it from Sally Beauty Supply.)In my hair, the yellow tint of the bleach shined through and the color of my hair turned a strange green color, due to the teal and yellow mixing. I do have to say, however, that I didn't fully follow the directions. I left it in for about 30 minutes and rinsed it out with warm water. I also shampoo my hair daily and rarely use cold water. If you want this color to really stick, I suggest bleaching your hair to an almost white blonde shade, leaving the dye in for hours and perhaps heating it during the process. After rinsing the dye out using cold water, I suggest not washing your hair for a day or two, and every subsequent wash using lukewarm or even cold water and little shampoo. This is just my personal advice, but I prefer Manic Panic. In my experience the dye tends to stick better and has a stronger hold in my hair. The employees at Sally Beauty swear by 'N Rage so I feel like my negative experience might be user error. I have used darker colors by 'N Rage with no problems.
Natalie E.
Maple Grove, MN
Does this color wash out easy? or does it usally bleed?
Jimena J.
Winters, CA
Does it last
Brandy Lee V.
Portland, OR
How does 'N Rage Hair Color COMPARE to Manic Panic Hair Color??? :)
Karii C.
Longwood, FL
Which is your fave color to use?
Nicole E.
East Elmhurst, NY
When it fades does it fade to a pretty blue or green?