by MyFitnessPal
Ask a Question
Hannah S.
Hannah S.
Morton, IL

Myfitnesspal or Weight Watchers Online? Has any one used both and if so what are the pros and cons of each?
Heather W.
Heather W.
Feb. 27, 2015, 10:52 p.m.
Definitely MyfFitnessPal! It's free!
Christina R.
Christina R.
Oct. 17, 2014, 9:41 p.m.
Myfitnesspal!!!! the principles of both are the same but weight watchers gets confusing with points..not to mention myfitnesspal is FREE!!
Karen S.
Karen S.
Oct. 13, 2014, 9:05 p.m.
MyFitnessPal all the way. It's free and a great way to help you lose weight.
Katie W.
Katie W.
Sept. 4, 2014, 7:42 p.m.
My fitness pal is free and not trying to sell anything
Samantha F.
Samantha F.
Aug. 13, 2014, 3:09 p.m.
My fitness pass is free and i think it is better
tiffany s.
tiffany s.
June 30, 2014, 5:24 p.m.
I have and i like my fitness pal much better
tiffany m.
tiffany m.
June 17, 2014, 5:30 p.m.
I've heard it is a lot like the weight waters version. It should help you the same plus it's free!
Cat B.
Cat B.
June 13, 2014, 12:47 p.m.
If you want to take charge on your own time, I recommend myfitness pal. I don't have time to take out of my day and this way I can connect with my friends that use the app and can have a support group whenever I need it without going to meetings with people I don't know.
Domnique T.
Domnique T.
June 5, 2014, 11:49 p.m.
Personally, I have found MyFitnessPal to fit my needs much better. It's a better quality app, and I've seen people lose more weight with this app than with Weight Watchers. 10/10 WOULD RECOMMEND.
Chelsea W.
Chelsea W.
June 5, 2014, 7:06 p.m.
My fitness pal. Its free, and its simple to use. So far, I've lost 20lbs and I totally believe that this app helped me to do that. It is very reassuring to know exactly how many calories you're consuming and that you're not over eating. You can also keep track of your progress. It becomes kind of addicting. I've known many people to do weight watchers, that didn't lose any weight!
Erica R.
Erica R.
June 3, 2014, 8:42 p.m.
I love the quality of my fitness pal better than weight watchers especially since it's FREE!
Heather G.
Heather G.
May 28, 2014, 8:37 a.m.
MyFitnessPal for sure. I have done WW online as well and I like MyFitnessPal better. It's free, it has the scan feature for products not already in its database and is easier to use.
Katie H.
Katie H.
May 27, 2014, 9:38 p.m.
I have used both an I prefer my fitness pal. Weight watchers is too strict and it gives you meal plans you have to follow in order to not go over your points for the day. My fitness pal on the other hand you get to eat whatever you want and it will give you your calorie count for the day
Jamie C.
Jamie C.
May 27, 2014, 7:16 p.m.
Def my fitness pal! its free!
Becky T.
Becky T.
May 27, 2014, 2:50 p.m.
I have also done both. I prefer myfitnesspal over Weight Watchers. Weight Watchers is designed for you to follow their diet based on their recommendations. Myfitnesspall also suggest recommendations for calorie intake but you are able to go in a modify and adjust the amount to fit your needs. Both are great, I just think I liked Myfitnesspal better.
Kendra L.
Kendra L.
May 27, 2014, 1:02 p.m.
I've used both and I find them very similar. They both have the same process and one is free. I'll let you decide
Samantha C.
Samantha C.
May 26, 2014, 7 p.m.
I have used both, and I prefer MyFitnessPal - it is free, versus a cost for entering your data. Why pay when there is so much inside MFP? There are forums that can answer your questions,by people that have been in your shoes. Save your money - use to join a gym!
Danielle K.
Danielle K.
May 26, 2014, 11:40 a.m.
I did WW online a while ago, but now definitely prefer MFP! Plus, MFP is a free app!
April K.
April K.
May 24, 2014, 12:19 a.m.
I prefer Lose It app to both of those, but I've used all three. WW was a good place for me to start, but really what I've learned over the last year and a half is that there's no need to pay for a weight loss program. Skip WW and just log your food in myfitnesspal or Lose It. There's no secret formula to WW - it just assigns high points to high calorie foods. Only pro to WW is they let you count fruits and veggies as free!
Samantha M.
Samantha M.
May 23, 2014, 3:22 a.m.
I haven't used WW but my mom has. I highly suggest MFP to her & anyone. MFP is free. You can also track more of your nutrients in MFP, instead of just tracking points or calories.
Nikia P.
Nikia P.
May 22, 2014, 9:19 p.m.
I HAVE used both! While there are benefits of using WW Online, I PREFER MYFITNESSPAL! It's free. Plus, in my opinion, has more information as far as restaurant nutritional info and store bought items. I have not yet been able to NOT find the item I was looking for!
Savanna M.
Savanna M.
May 22, 2014, 5:30 p.m.
I've never used Weight watchers online, but my fitness pal is free so it works for me!
Jennifer F.
Jennifer F.
May 21, 2014, 2:55 a.m.
In all honesty I prefer weight watchers but sadly I can't afford it. The reason I prefer it is because it keeps you eating way more healthy that counting your calories. Yes you could be eating moderately low in calories but the food items still could have a lot of fat and carbs. The thing I like about weight watchers is that the way they tally up your points for something is by adding the carbs, fat, fiber and protein. Also all fruits and veggies are 0 points so you can technically eat as much as you want! But, remember you still need to track corn, potatoes, beans and avocados, I know they're technically vegetables but since they're higher in carbs and fat than regular veggies. We need to keep track of how much we eat of them. I have found a dupe app like weight watchers for only 3.99 and it is on the App Store, it's called ProTracker Plus. The only down side is is that it doesn't have a huge inventory of food items so you have to look at packages all the time or look it up on the internet, but your saving 20$ a month so it may be worth it for some people! I hope I helped!
Jenn H.
Jenn H.
May 18, 2014, 5:30 p.m.
If you are honest and actually log everything you eat into the app (that includes condiments, dressings, drinks, I even scan in the spices I use), I think myfitnesspal can work just as well as WW. For some people, the fact that WW online costs money might make them feel more obligated to use it, but for me, this app has been amazing as I'm transitioning to a low-carb way of eating. I think it's super easy to use and very customizable. You could always try it since its free- give it a month or so-- if its not working, maybe you could try the WW combo plan of the real-life meetings along with the online support. I feel the whole 'community' aspect of WW is what really makes it work for people- being accountable to a group.
Jordan S.
Jordan S.
May 6, 2014, 4:05 p.m.
I have done both, Initially I was all for Weight Watchers, & I lost 20 pounds in my first 3 months & then life got crazy & I wan't cooking at home as much & it became a lot harder to stick with, I had completely fallen off the healthy eating wagon & decided I wasn't going to keep paying for WW when I wasn't using it. I have had a MFP account for years now but never used it so when I got rid of WW I decided to give it another shot, it's much better with friends on MFP & their scanner database has more to it, half the stuff on WW scanner app wouldn't come up. WW is good & it does work if you stick to it but I think I will probably stick with MFP from now on
Mary G.
Mary G.
May 1, 2014, 4:32 p.m.
My Fitness Pal
Deborah K.
Deborah K.
April 29, 2014, 4:30 p.m.
I have used both and am currently using MyFitnessPal. For me, I have actually had more success in losing weight since I started using MFP over WW (30 pounds). I find for a free app it really offers a lot and is super easy when it comes to tracking your food and exercise. I recommend trying this before a pay one.
Lissette C.
Lissette C.
April 26, 2014, 10:48 p.m.
I have done both and I think they both are good in their own way but definitely try fitness pal first before paying for ww.
Genesis N.
Genesis N.
April 25, 2014, 8:13 p.m.
I love my fitness pal. It keeps you motivated and keeps you on track!
Martha C.
Martha C.
April 24, 2014, 7:59 p.m.
The App is free and it's very user friendly. Try the app first and see how it goes before paying for WW.
Karalyn B.
Karalyn B.
April 24, 2014, 5:01 p.m.
Well...My Fitness Pal is free....and you can do a lot of things with it! From adding recipes, it "learns" foods you usually combine together and gives you the option of combining them, and you can adjust the calories/weight you want to lose. When you weigh in it will adjust your calories automatically. Love it!
Cris S.
Cris S.
April 22, 2014, 3:47 p.m.
I lost 60 pounds before my wedding using MFP and swear by the program. It's the only one I've found that follows the Golden Rule of weight loss - Eat Less and Move More. No points to try and figure out or silly diet plans. Just log in your exercise and food and find out if you are taking in fewer calories than you are allotted for your activity that day. Also, it's completely FREE!
Victoria S.
Victoria S.
April 16, 2014, 6:16 p.m.
Very interesting, I will try it.
Carissa W.
Carissa W.
April 15, 2014, 12:40 a.m.
Definitely myfitnesspal. I lost 15 lbs for last summer on myfitnesspal, it's free, it keeps you conscious of what you are putting into your body because you have to record everything. It almost makes it into a little game to play with yourself because you see all of the numbers right in front of you each day! It is fun to gauge your success using the app as well!
Abigail C.
Abigail C.
April 14, 2014, 2:04 p.m.
Myfitnesspal is of course free, and I recently quit weight watchers because of financial reasons, we just couldn't afford it anymore. What I would honestly recommend is trying out myfitnesspal first and develop the habit of tracking, it's such a big part of weight watchers and once you've started seeing what you eat, how much and you're in the habit of tracking it then move onto weight watchers, it's an amazing program! Hope that helps!
Stacy P.
Stacy P.
April 11, 2014, 2:26 p.m.
I have had success with both. Myfitnesspal is free and WW is 18.95 a month for the online program. I have found that I have lost more weight with WW. The points system is easier for me to follow than counting calories plus the WW app has a lot more food in the app.
Shannon M.
Shannon M.
April 9, 2014, 11:56 p.m.
I've used Myfitnesspal and I've used Weight Watchers Online. I've personally found Myfitnesspal to be much more supportive with far less drama and rude comments from the community there (just my personal experience). Also, Weight Watchers Online is rather expensive while Myfitnesspal is free. I used the money I saved to buy a fitness tracker and a scale that directly syncs with Myfitnesspal.
Amanda B.
Amanda B.
April 8, 2014, 8:56 p.m.
I've been going back and forth between MFP and WW. After falling off the wagon a bit after a medication related weight gain, I decided to try WW again, I think I had far more success with MFP. Weight loss is calorie based and so is MFP, so it almost seems more rational to calorie count vs using points which isn't calorie based at all anymore. Plus, MFP is free, so can't beat that.
Bryanna R.
Bryanna R.
April 5, 2014, 5:26 p.m.
I think my fitness pal is much more useful because it is easy to put what you are eating in the system and you don't have to count points or anything!
Bethany H.
Bethany H.
March 25, 2014, 10:30 p.m.
Myfitnesspal is so wonderful. Can add friends, keep track of water intake, calories lost, food intake, exercise, and weight lost. Absolutely love it & so easy to use!
Kelly C.
Kelly C.
March 21, 2014, 12:41 a.m.
I have never used Weight Watcher Online because I decided to try MyFitnessPal first as it was free, and I saw no need to switch. It is a great service that has so many foods, drinks, spices, etc. in it's database. It also has tons of exercises and a baseline for calories burned, but obviously if you use a machine such as a bike, treadmill, etc. where you put in your own information such as weight you get a more accurate reading. There is also community support and you can have friends on there that can keep you motivated. You set what information goes public. For instance, you can share just your weight loss, you can share your diary, etc. Your friends can see when you've worked out if you allow them and they can see when you've been checking in to MyFitnessPal so they are there to remind you when you need to get back on track. It is an excellent place to store your food diary and make you honest about what you eat. You can see your weight loss progress and the ups and downs along the way, but more importantly, you can see the inches you have lost in various body parts. They have standard body areas they suggest measuring but you can add your own to the list, such as calves. There are also tools that allow you to calculate your BMI. I have found MyFitnessPal to be so helpful. I am injured and have been on crutches for 8 years and I was able to lose 25 lbs with the help of MyFitnessPal. I love that it tells you how many calories you have consumed and burned and how many you have remaining so you can plan the rest of your day. Also, it helped me increase my water intake with the water counter. I find it helpful that you can access MyFitnessPal through their app or online, both of which are very user friendly! I highly suggest signing up today!!
Siana S.
Siana S.
March 19, 2014, 11:33 a.m.
I have used both and I find both very effective. I like myfitnesspal a lot better first because it's free and second because I find it a lot easier to count calories than points.
Tiara F.
Tiara F.
March 8, 2014, 8:25 a.m.
I've personally used both. I liked weight watched for the simple fact that its what first got me on track and once i really learned my eating habits and everything i realized i didn't need to pay for it and the i could used my fitness pal for free and that it does the same exact service. I was inclined to go through with the weight watchers app because i was paying for it so i felt the need to always use it but once i dropped 22 pounds i switched to my fitness pal to continue my weightless journey for free and out that money i was paying for weight watchers towards my gym membership instead.
Chiquita C.
Chiquita C.
March 4, 2014, 9:40 p.m.
I have used both. MFP is better. For one, it's free. MFP is easier to use as well. MFP not only counts calories but tells you about other nutritional intake info. Weight Watchers does have recipes, but honestly you can find recipes online everywhere. MFP also has a kind of facebook like community for support.
Georgian B.
Georgian B.
Feb. 28, 2014, 8:35 p.m.
I use myfitnesspal.. It helps track your caloric intake which was huge for me!
Kayla S.
Kayla S.
Feb. 28, 2014, 12:19 p.m.
I Love Myfitnesspal because it allows me to keep close track of my calorie intake. I have lost close to 30 pounds since i have started using it. And its free! As for Weight watchers i have never joined because I do not want to pay to lose weight ;) I'm sure that that is also effect as well but i have no experience with WW.
Sarah K.
Sarah K.
Feb. 28, 2014, 11:08 a.m.
Myfitnesspal for sure! just as good but you don't have to pay an online subscription !
Kaleigh B.
Kaleigh B.
Feb. 26, 2014, 1:33 p.m.
I think that Weight Watchers is good for learning the habits of healthy eating. Weight Watchers also has the support group available in person. However, MyFitnessPal is free, and you can connect with friends on there. MyFitnessPal can work for anyone, but might be better for self motivated people who don't need the influence of meetings.
Veronica R.
Veronica R.
Feb. 19, 2014, 10:53 p.m.
I've used both! I started with Weight Watchers but my graduate school budget wouldn't let me maintain that membership. I think it was helpful to start with WW and transition to myfitnesspal because WW educates users on healthy eating and then myfitnesspal helps you maintain that lifestyle on a budget. If you are interested, I have a blog post about myfitnesspal at www.milagrosmoments.com & I would love to chat more about both of these health tools. Hope this helps!
Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.
Feb. 14, 2014, 5:31 p.m.
I have used both. I LOVE My Fitness Pal. The database has soooo many more foods and almost anything you look for is in there. You can also connect with individuals and cheer each other on. BIG BONUS....it is FREE! WW online you have to pay for. I did lose weight going to a WW center but you don't get that accountability with WW online. Go for MFP!
Rhiannon B.
Rhiannon B.
Feb. 10, 2014, 9:45 p.m.
I've used both. I prefer MFP over WW because of price (free), and I feel like you get the same benefits. You can keep up with everything from exercise to how many glasses of water you are getting in. You can connect with your friends on there. I have it on my ipad and phone. You can also play with your ratios. I'm on a flexible dieting plan. So if I want, I can have it to where it shows my carbs, fat and protein at the percentages I want. I would try it before I put the $ into WW. Good luck!

Join Now