MyFitnessPal

by MyFitnessPal

#14 in Apps

Lose weight with MyFitnessPal, the fastest and easiest-to-use calorie counter for iPhone and iPad. With the largest food database of any iOS calorie counter (over 4,000,000 foods), and amazingly fast food and exercise entry, we’ll help you take those extra pounds off! There is no better diet app - period. • PC Magazine Editor’s Choice Selection • Wired Magazine’s Editor’s Pick for Lifestyle Apps Featured in Consumer Reports, the NY Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Family Circle, Marie Claire, NBC, CNET, Shape, the Today Show and more. USER REVIEWS • “This is the best calorie counter, free or paid, and I’ve tried them all.” • “The food database is HUGE! I’ve NEVER had a missing food.” • “The first diet tool that has ever worked for me! I’ve lost 30 pounds!” • “This app takes seconds to use, it’s that simple.” • “Incredibly easy to use.” • “This app literally saved my life.” • “I can’t believe this app is free! I would have paid for this.” • “This is the best app on my phone. I use it every day.” WHY WE’RE BETTER THAN OTHER APPS • Largest food database of any iPhone calorie counter – over 4,000,000 foods and growing daily • Easiest and fastest food entry – remembers your favorites, add multiple foods at once, save and add entire meals, and more. THERE IS NO FASTER OR EASIER APP THAN MYFITNESSPAL. • Fully syncs with the web, so you can log from your computer or your phone, whichever is more convenient. Plus your data is backed up online so you never lose it. • Diet with your friends - add friends and easily track and support each other’s progress • Comprehensive feature set – create your own custom foods and exercises, track all major nutrients, progress reports, customized goals based on your diet profile, and recipe calculator, with full support for metric and English units. • IT WORKS – the success of our users shows that we can help you lose weight WORKS WITH HEALTHKIT • Add your meal summaries to HealthKit – You can now share meal data with HealthKit-connected apps every time you add food to your diary. • Sync your weight with HealthKit – If you have an app that records your weight in HealthKit, we can automatically sync that with your MyFitnessPal account. Likewise, if you track your weight in MyFitnessPal we’ll keep your HealthKit data updated. • Add exercises from other HealthKit apps to your diary – When you exercise with an app that saves workout data to HealthKit, we can adjust your daily calorie goal for you. FOOD • 4,000,000+ food database of global items and cuisines. Updated daily. • Barcode scanner - scan the barcode of a food and easily find its match in our database. • Track all major nutrients: calories, fat, protein, carbs, sugar, fiber, cholesterol, and more • Frequently used foods automatically remembered for easy access • Save and reuse entire meals • Recipe calculator - Enter your own recipes and calculate their nutritional contents • Add multiple items at once – NO OTHER APP HAS THIS • Create an unlimited number of custom foods EXERCISE • Over 350 exercises • Track both cardio and strength training, including sets, reps, and weight/rep • Create an unlimited number of custom exercises • Enter your own calorie amounts – great for HRM’s or exercise equipment with calorie reports FRIENDS • Connect with friends and easily track and motivate each other • MyFitnessPal members who diet with friends lose 3X more weight on average! GOALS • Customized goals based on your specific diet profile – age, gender, activity level, etc. • Enter your own goals if you’ve gotten specific recommendations from a doctor, nutritionist, etc. REPORTS • Track your weight, measurements and more • View charts of your progress over time for motivation • Daily nutritional summary with all major nutrients • View more detailed reports online at www.myfitnesspal.com Note: a MyFitnessPal.com account is required to synchronize and safely backup your data. You can create your account for free within the app.

is it free in the app store?
I Am trying to lose weight and I don’t even know where to start. Can someone guide me in if this app would be good?
Is this app useful, and if so is it worth to upgrade to the pro version of it?
Start your review of MyFitnessPal !
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
this app is good at helping keep track of nutrition and fitness the only complaint is that the bar code scanner dose not always work and I think it would be a cool feature to add a water intake tracker for more motivation.in reviews
I would highly recommend MyFitnessPal to anyone who is attempting to lose weight or to keep a food diary for any reason.in reviews
I enjoy being able to connect with friends who are also on a weight loss journey, discovering the nutritional info for foods I eat, getting recipe ideas, etc.in reviews
...fitness apps so they cross over and give you a more accurate result of how many calories you're burning.in reviews
...already is in the system which makes it super easy to keep up with your calorie intake. in reviews
Lemont, Illinois
Techie Expert Level 2
Best app I have ever used to keep track of my health. It is very easy to use and super organized. It has the most options and variety of any other app. I love to keep track with my friends too! I just accepted an offer to model/rep for a clothing company, I am so excited!! Shoot me a follow on Instagram and I can answer any questions or give ya some likes!!! @autumnrita
Cerritos, CA
I absolutely adore this app! It helped me track my micros am count my calories like a pro. It doesn’t send you on any crash diets, rather it helps you slowly cut food that are harmful for you. I lost 3kgs just after a month of using it regularly and making all meals at home. I am so happy with the free version of this app!
Hartford , CT
I've used this app for the last few years to help keep track of my calorie intake and to aid in my journey to lose weight. It's highly customizable to my personal goals, and it's a huge part of my fitness/diet goals. The database of food and caloric info is HUGE!! In the last few years of using the app I have never not found any food I was looking for to find out the nutrient/calorie content. It also syncs with my Apple Watch perfectly as well as my old Fitbit and jawbone trackers. I was not able to sync with my Samsung Gear watches but I felt that was Samsungs fault. I love that I can access the app on all my mobile devices as well as my desktop. There are cool challenges to compete in and you can sync with social media or add friends to help encourage you further. I can go on and on, this app is dope and I highly recommend it often!
Fairfax, VA
Techie Expert Level 1
MyFitnessPal  uploaded by Emily B.
MyFitnessPal  uploaded by Emily B.
2019 was my weightloss year. I ended up losing a little more than 40 pounds altogether. I did some of it simply by eating less, but I started dating the BF around that time and he's a feeder who brings chocolate weekly. My super health-conscious coworker used MyFitnessPal so I checked it out and was incredibly impressed. I wasn't getting a lot of exercise, so I set it to 1650 calories per day and started losing quickly. And I was just using the basic features - there is a lot more that MyFitnessPal can do. The pics show that I changed the calorie allotment after I figured out what worked for me. I did not use it much in 2020 and gained about 20 pounds back, but I will probably be using the app again soon. Would definitely recommend, but I would suggest you start by just recording your food to see how many calories you are eating and then cutting back. (Note: I am 5'9.5" and found that 1850 calories a day kept worked for me since I was not exercising very much. Also, veryone will have different calorie needs, and trying to lose .5 pounds per week is a lot more sustainable than crash dieting.)
Flemington, NJ
I wanted something to keep me accountable, which it did. I would log everything I'd put into my mouth, which was great because I was losing weight and it is so easy to use because you can easily scan a product and find the calories. I used the free version (there actually wasn't even a paid version when I started). The message boards were always very encouraging. I must admit, I abused the app by setting my goal lower than the app would allow. I've since moved away but I've learned so many valuable tools from MFP and I will still track a day or two every now and again to make sure I'm keeping on the right track.
Springfield, MO
Techie Expert Level 1
MyFitnessPal  uploaded by Emmi H.
I love this app!! It has so many great features to help with with the journey! Keep track of your meals (calories, protein, fats, carbs, vitamins, and so much more) daily. You can log any exercise activities (even for something like cleaning the house). You can connect your fitness devices to this app as well to keep track of steps, etc. If needing help with a workout plan??, There are also workout plans you can go through and choose from!! So many amazing things and that's just for the basic free plan. They do have an option to go premium ($9.99monthly or $49.99 annually) *pics to show what is offered for premium*
Anoka, MN
I have lost over 30 pounds using MyFitnessPal. It is awesome. I like to enter what I know I will have for the day first thing in the morning (Breakfast, dinner, lunch..snacks). And then I can see where I am at as I add my workouts throughout the day. Helps me decide if I can have that extra snack, or if I need to add another workout. Really love this app.
Concord, NH
This app is my life! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. I have lost so much weight and it's so fun to log food into ! It's really easy to use and logs all exercise and calories! I would highly recommend to anyone looking to lose weight
El Paso, TX
I love this APP. It allows me to hold myself accountable for all the things I consume and it is nice to see the calories in everything. Very user friendly. This app has assisted in my weight loss so far.
Vancouver, BC
Love this app. I started tracking everything through weight watchers, but I would often end up on this site because it has a better list of calories and nutritional content. Eventually I switched completely to MFP because it's FREE! Just make sure you double check your ingredients and use common sense. I've come across plenty of foods with completely random counts.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...