BY NONE

What keeps a family together? Nick Cassavetes, the director of "The Notebook" and "John Q", again demonstrates his sure hand with tales of deep human emotion in this inspiring film about a loving family challenged - and united - by a child's illness. Cameron Diaz, Abigail Breslin, Alec Baldwin and others in an exceptional cast bring sensitivity to the story of 11-year-old Anna Fitzgerald, conceived to be a donor for her leukemia-stricken sister, and who finally demands the right to control her own body. This act of free will may tear the Fitzgeralds apart. Or it may be the first step to a triumphant realization of devotion, dignity and what it means to be a family. "From Picoult to Screen" - Meet Jodi Picoult, prolific author of 15 bestselling novels, and observe her creative process and learn more about the journey of "My Sister's Keeper" from page to screen, Over 15-Minutes of Powerful Additional Scenes. see more...

• WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER IN THE MOVIE..?1 Answers
Jerikah B.
Tuscaloosa , AL
I've never been so disapointed in a movie before. Please do not watch this because the let down is major after the reading the book. I'm usually not one to nitpick movies but this was just awful.
Kristin W.
Mission Hills, CA
This movie surprised me. I didn’t know what I was getting myself into. I didn’t read the book before but after watching the movie it made me want to. Still having so wishing to but wow this movie was so great. It was sad & heartfelt. Great movie about family & illness.
Laura M.
Salem, OR
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This book is a tear jerker for sure! For those of you who read books, you know that the book is always better than the movie. This is true for this book by 100 x. The story line and characters draw you in immediately. It gives you moral dilemmas to think about, it allows you to put yourself in every character and wonder what you would do in this situation. Jodi Picoult is one of my favorite authors and she certainly delivered in this book. However, if compared to her other books, I give this a 4 because I know that she is capable of a lot more. The ending I felt was rushed.
Asia S.
Bladensburg, MD
This is one of those movies I'll always remember. No matter how many times I watch this movie I always get emotional. This movie was well put together and the ending of the movie was quite a big shock for me, I truly cried like a big baby that's why I avoid watching it when it comes on. I would not recommend this movie to anyone who has someone in their family struggling with cancer.
Mikayla W.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Such a touching story. I saw the movie before I read the book and I balled my eyes out. However, the ending was COMPLETELY different in the book than it was in the movie so after reading the book, I liked the movie a little less. If you never read the book, you will definitely like this movie. It is a real tearjerker and shows the triumphs and tragedies of one girls struggle with cancer.
marie A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Very sad movie, makes me cry every time. although i think Cameron Diaz's acting is a little corny i do really like this movie. . . has a plot twist at the end that you would have never guessed. i haven't read the book but the movie is pretty good. Recommended!
Kerri C.
Excellent book, terrible movie. Why totally change the ending. I feel like the ending change really destroyed the piece as a whole. The book ends poetically and beautifully. The movie ends predictably and I was just incredibly disappointed with it. If you read and loved this book you will likely be heartbroken by the terrible damage they did to making it a movie.
Gena A.
Sitka , KY
I liked this movie. But it did not compare to the book. With that being said I couldn't help but be disappointed in it. Like most movies based on books it didn't come close. Had I not read the book would I like this movie better? Yes definitely!
Angel V.
Whiting, NJ
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I was disappointed in this movie. No where near as good as the book! Still a small twist in it but again not as good as the book. I feel they changed vital parts in the book by altering the ending!
Katelyn H.
Memphis, TN
Almost as good as the book. Definitely a tear-jerker and hits you where it hurts, but overall a fantastic movie with some really great actors. Recommend reading the book first though!
LORA V.
San Antonio, TX
WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER IN THE MOVIE..?