BY MURAD #68 in Facial Cleansers

Step 1: Clean Tone reduces breakouts while minimizing the signs of aging 0.5% Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment Extra gentle, low foaming cleanser improves skin s appearance by: Delivering a sustained release acne treatment, even after rinsing Optimizing hydration to restore skin suppleness Patented, dual-purpose cleanser fights acne and rejuvenates aging skin Multi-active acne fighting system, featuring encapuslated Salicylic Acid technology, provides a sustained release that continues to treat acne, even after rinsing Amino acids and Hyaluronic Acid bind moisture to skin while antioxidants neutralize free radicals to preserve a more youthful appearance Dermatologist developed.  Tested on people, not animals. see more...

Murad Time Release Acne Cleanser
  • "I have had problems with my skin for the past couple years. It's oily, very sensitive, and prone to breakouts- pimples, cystic zits, and blackheads. I started using this a couple weeks ago and I can see a clear difference in my skin. I didn't even get the normal hormonal breakout I usually do around that time of the month! I will continue to use this and am going to look into other Murad products. " in 60 reviews
  • "Speaking from trying this product for many years and having super oily & acne prone skin, this is an amazing product! " in 2 reviews
  • "I have combination skin &' most acne products either over dry my skin or totally grease up my face lol." in 2 reviews
  • "There isn't a lot of salicylic acid to dry my face." in 1 review
  • "I started using this a couple weeks ago and I can see a clear difference in my skin." in 1 review
Caitlin N.
Ashland, KY
I would recommend this cleanser to adults dealing with hormonal acne that have dry skin. If you have oily skin this cleanser is not for you. It has a hydrating formula without sulfates that wont strip your skins natural moisture barrier but it also contains a time released formula of salicylic acid to help with acne. This wont cure your acne by any means, but anyone suffering from adult acne needs a gentle cleanser because irritation leads to more acne, plus most acne treatments are very harsh on the skin so its best to keep your skincare regimen as gentle as possible to avoid further irritation. I do think this line is pricey and there are many affordable dupes or alternatives to this cleanser.
Katrina H.
Houston , AR
Being that I'm in my mid-20's, I need something to ward off acne but also help with anti-aging because preventative care is key. I found the price fair for the amount I get. It's VERY gentle and I like that it's helping my skin with 2 issues at once. It's totally going to be a repurchase for me. My only issue is I notice I go through it a little faster than most cleansers because it doesn't foam or become sudsy at all. It maintains a slippery consistency, which is fine because my skin always feels hydrated and never stripped after cleansing.
Nicole M.
Eugene
I've used this for years and love it. It's gentle and doesn't foam up too much, so you can use it with your clairsonic. I have very sensitive blemish prone skin and it seems to be the right balance, keeping my face clear and not irritating. You only use a pea size amount, so it lasts a good 6 months plus. I like that it keeps working throughout the day, so you don't need another product after you rinse. Every time I think I want to change up my routine, I regret it and come back to the Murad Clarifying cleanser.
Jennifer S.
Charlotte, NC
I absolutely love this product. I have battled with acne and mostly cystic acne breakouts all of my life. I had almost gave up and just accepted the fact that I was never going to have clear skin. My friend actually told me that this murad acne cleanser was her holy grail so I thought it wouldn't hurt to try! Well I definitely say this stuff WORKS. I use it everyday religiously and have been acne free! No more painful acne pimples! Will definitely be reccomending this product for other people to try
Jenny M.
Watertown, MA
I switched from my Kate Somerville Cleanser to Murad because it was a bit cheaper. I have oily/combination skin. I have very mild, hormonal acne, but began to get a small amount of acne throughout the month after using this. The small dollar difference wasn't worth it. My acne increased when I started using this product.

PRO: My skin is sensitive, but I did not have a reaction to this cleanser (no burning, redness, or rash).
Melissa L.
Love this. It is thick, creamy & you only need a small amount to cleanse your face. This has helped manage my acne prone skin. The only issue I have with this is the fragrance. I don’t know if they reformulated but it smells more like medicine now. Whereas before it did not. Overall this is a great product. A bit pricey for some, at $38 for 6.75 oz. This can be used AM or PM.
amber B.
Zionsville , IN
I really loved this cleanser it was perfect to use with my Clarisonic and made my skin feel clean but not tight and the price was reasonable and it lasts a long time!!! I would highly suggest it! Great product! I love that it cleared my skin but also worked on my aging it was the only anti aging acne cleanser I could find and I was so pleased with it

The only thing is I needed a good moisturizer after use
Shannon M.
Conroe, TX
This has seriously changed my skin! I can’t live with out it! I have switched trying to find something else but nothing compares. I use this just in the morning and my purity at night. I have dry skin and this is hydrating and nice. It doesn’t leave me with that tight skin feeling after using it! It’s a staple in my routine! Holy grail for me.
Kacee B.
Centerton, AR
I use this product daily, at night, but have used both AM and PM before. I love it! I wouldn't say my skin is acne prone, however I do get some breakouts. I feel like this cleanser does help keep them at bay. I also like that you can use it as a mask if you want! I keep repurchasing and it's the only acne product in my routine!
Desiree H.
Ft Oglethorpe, GA
I love the idea of this because I have had to use an online dermatologist / Pharmacy when my face broke out with adult acne last year and this cleanser is time-released with salicylic acid so that after you rinse it off it still stays in your pores to prevent Holiness which can end up breaking you out for a while afterwards. I only didn't give it 5 stars because of the consistency, it was a little like a thick gel and I had a small sample cups so I had to dig it out with my face cleansing brush, but I did feel clean afterwards and soft and really like the idea of A time-released cleanser. These opinions are my own and are not anyone else's. I sampled this item.
Misty D.
Beeville, TX
I've been looking for a new acne treated face wash. I'm 32 & I still get breakouts all the time. I have combination oily skin. What is everyone's experience with this product?
Taylor T.
I'm considering adding this face wash to my skincare routine but have very dry and acne prone skin.. does this product over dry?
Sydney N.
Does this acne cleanser have a strong/harsh smell?
Ana F.
Lake Forest, CA
Does it dry skin out? I have oily skin but I hate when products over dry my skin
Crystal D.
Shady Side, MD
How is thia with getting rid of scars from acne being picked at in the past...i have not been able to find something yet and ive even tried prescriptions!