BY MURAD

This high-performance, anti-aging acne cleanser features sustained-release Salicylic Acid to help clear skin without over-drying. Amino Acids and Hyaluronic Acid help restore youthfulness. This adult acne cleanser continues to work even after rinsing it off your face.

The Murad Time Release Acne Cleanser is suggested for people looking to:

• Fight acne all day long without over-drying skin
  • Treat adult acne and blemish-prone skin
  • Diminish the appearance of fine lines

Benefits: This high-performance, anti-aging acne wash helps treat breakouts and diminishes early signs of aging. The cleanser includes an innovative anti-acne treatment technology that continues to work even after you rinse it off. Plus, Amino Acids and Hyaluronic Acid help bind moisture to your skin to keep it hydrated.

How to Use: Massage a small amount of Murad Time Release Acne Cleanser over dampened face and neck. Rinse with warm water and pat dry. Follow with a Murad Step 2 treatment.

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Salicylic Acid 0.5%

OTHER INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Retinol, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Chitosan, Silver Citrate, Sodium PCA, Betaine, Sorbitol, Glycine, Alanine, Proline, Serine, Threonine, Arginine, Lysine, Glutamic Acid, Zinc Gluconate, Argania Spinosa Kernel Extract, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Extract, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Propyl Gallate, Polysorbate 80, Menthol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Glycol Distearate, Steareth-4, PEG-150 Distearate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polyacrylate-13, Polyisobutene, Polysorbate 20, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance (Parfum)

Murad Time Release Acne Cleanser
  • "I have had problems with my skin for the past couple years. It's oily, very sensitive, and prone to breakouts- pimples, cystic zits, and blackheads. I started using this a couple weeks ago and I can see a clear difference in my skin. I didn't even get the normal hormonal breakout I usually do around that time of the month! I will continue to use this and am going to look into other Murad products. " in 60 reviews
  • "I have combination skin &' most acne products either over dry my skin or totally grease up my face lol." in 2 reviews
  • "Speaking from trying this product for many years and having super oily & acne prone skin, this is an amazing product! " in 2 reviews
  • "I started using this a couple weeks ago and I can see a clear difference in my skin." in 1 review
  • "I highly recommend this product." in 1 review
Katrina H.
Houston , AR
Being that I'm in my mid-20's, I need something to ward off acne but also help with anti-aging because preventative care is key. I found the price fair for the amount I get. It's VERY gentle and I like that it's helping my skin with 2 issues at once. It's totally going to be a repurchase for me. My only issue is I notice I go through it a little faster than most cleansers because it doesn't foam or become sudsy at all. It maintains a slippery consistency, which is fine because my skin always feels hydrated and never stripped after cleansing.
Nicole M.
Eugene, OR
I've used this for years and love it. It's gentle and doesn't foam up too much, so you can use it with your clairsonic. I have very sensitive blemish prone skin and it seems to be the right balance, keeping my face clear and not irritating. You only use a pea size amount, so it lasts a good 6 months plus. I like that it keeps working throughout the day, so you don't need another product after you rinse. Every time I think I want to change up my routine, I regret it and come back to the Murad Clarifying cleanser.
Erica J.
Plymouth Meeting
This is my daily facial cleanser. I love that they recognized the concerns for adult acne. It is not very drying which some acne cleansers can be. It both reduces oil but hydrates my face and leaves it feeling very clean and refreshed. It doesn't leave any residue behind. This is a huge container and you only need a little bit so it lasts a very long time. I generally love Murad products and this is no exception.
Jessica J.
Russell, KY
I have had so many hormonal acne issues on my chin area, this murad has helped me so much. I use it to clean my face every night and every morning. They also have a spot treatment that I use to. Both are amazing I suggest trying them if u suffer with hormonal acne as well. Murad Clarifying Cleanser
Michelle A.
Shrewsbury
I love this stuff so much. I have always had normal skin and then when I went to college two years ago my skin changed completely and after two years of trying different products this has cleared my skin up completely. I do think it is def for people with combo to oily skin as it has a drying effect but it has helped control my oil, cystic acne breakouts, and blackheads so much. It’s also nice because it’s like a gel cream-ish cleanser so it is gentle for everyday use but also is strong enough to actually work. I also always try to remember to moisturize, exfoliate 1-2 times a week (depending on how sensitive it feels), and drink tons of water to help stop buildup of breakouts and extra oil production.
Shannon M.
Conroe, TX
This has seriously changed my skin! I can’t live with out it! I have switched trying to find something else but nothing compares. I use this just in the morning and my purity at night. I have dry skin and this is hydrating and nice. It doesn’t leave me with that tight skin feeling after using it! It’s a staple in my routine! Holy grail for me.
Caitlin N.
Ashland, KY
I would recommend this cleanser to adults dealing with hormonal acne that have dry skin. If you have oily skin this cleanser is not for you. It has a hydrating formula without sulfates that wont strip your skins natural moisture barrier but it also contains a time released formula of salicylic acid to help with acne. This wont cure your acne by any means, but anyone suffering from adult acne needs a gentle cleanser because irritation leads to more acne, plus most acne treatments are very harsh on the skin so its best to keep your skincare regimen as gentle as possible to avoid further irritation. I do think this line is pricey and there are many affordable dupes or alternatives to this cleanser.
Kacee B.
Centerton, AR
I use this product daily, at night, but have used both AM and PM before. I love it! I wouldn't say my skin is acne prone, however I do get some breakouts. I feel like this cleanser does help keep them at bay. I also like that you can use it as a mask if you want! I keep repurchasing and it's the only acne product in my routine!
Mal M.
This cleanser was the miracle I found to help begin clearing my acne. I went months and months with a terrible breakout nothing (not even creams from the dermatologist) could clear. It is a bit drying if it’s left on too long or used everyday. The only downside is I didn’t feel it was good at washing makeup off.
Taybeauty💄💋 L.
Capon Bridge
Got this from Sephora and it’s pretty good! Definitely cleared my acne up but also dried my skin out super bad.. which is what acne cleansers do. I use this about once or twice a week just to deep clean my pores and really help out my skin problems! Works good when you want to do a mask night too!
Misty D.
Beeville, TX
I've been looking for a new acne treated face wash. I'm 32 & I still get breakouts all the time. I have combination oily skin. What is everyone's experience with this product?
Taylor T.
I'm considering adding this face wash to my skincare routine but have very dry and acne prone skin.. does this product over dry?
Sydney N.
Does this acne cleanser have a strong/harsh smell?
Ana F.
Lake Forest, CA
Does it dry skin out? I have oily skin but I hate when products over dry my skin
Crystal D.
Shady side, MD
How is thia with getting rid of scars from acne being picked at in the past...i have not been able to find something yet and ive even tried prescriptions!