BY MURAD #22 in Acne Treatments

Step 1: Clean Tone reduces breakouts while minimizing the signs of aging 0.5% Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment Extra gentle, low foaming cleanser improves skin s appearance by: Delivering a sustained release acne treatment, even after rinsing Optimizing hydration to restore skin suppleness Patented, dual-purpose cleanser fights acne and rejuvenates aging skin Multi-active acne fighting system, featuring encapuslated Salicylic Acid technology, provides a sustained release that continues to treat acne, even after rinsing Amino acids and Hyaluronic Acid bind moisture to skin while antioxidants neutralize free radicals to preserve a more youthful appearance Dermatologist developed.  Tested on people, not animals. see more...

Murad Time Release Acne Cleanser
  • "I have combination skin &' most acne products either over dry my skin or totally grease up my face lol." in 2 reviews
  • "Speaking from trying this product for many years and having super oily & acne prone skin, this is an amazing product! " in 2 reviews
  • "There isn't a lot of salicylic acid to dry my face." in 1 review
  • "I h ave acne prone skin and though it hasn't made me a proclain doll it definenetly helps you can feel it working.." in 1 review
  • "also didn't work well for my skin type unfortunately" in 1 review
Katrina H.
Houston , AR
Being that I'm in my mid-20's, I need something to ward off acne but also help with anti-aging because preventative care is key. I found the price fair for the amount I get. It's VERY gentle and I like that it's helping my skin with 2 issues at once. It's totally going to be a repurchase for me. My only issue is I notice I go through it a little faster than most cleansers because it doesn't foam or become sudsy at all. It maintains a slippery consistency, which is fine because my skin always feels hydrated and never stripped after cleansing.
Jennifer S.
Charlotte, NC
I absolutely love this product. I have battled with acne and mostly cystic acne breakouts all of my life. I had almost gave up and just accepted the fact that I was never going to have clear skin. My friend actually told me that this murad acne cleanser was her holy grail so I thought it wouldn't hurt to try! Well I definitely say this stuff WORKS. I use it everyday religiously and have been acne free! No more painful acne pimples! Will definitely be reccomending this product for other people to try
Jenny M.
Watertown, MA
I switched from my Kate Somerville Cleanser to Murad because it was a bit cheaper. I have oily/combination skin. I have very mild, hormonal acne, but began to get a small amount of acne throughout the month after using this. The small dollar difference wasn't worth it. My acne increased when I started using this product.

PRO: My skin is sensitive, but I did not have a reaction to this cleanser (no burning, redness, or rash).
Yennhi V.
['Philadelphia', 'PA'], PA
This is the cleanser I use throughout my entire process of getting my skin back to normal when it was going through so many breakouts. What’s so special about this cleanser is even after you wash it off, it’s still working on your skin to fight the an acne. The skin cleared up beautifully using this and in combination with other products as well. I keep this cleanser around at all times and have repurchased it many times already
Shannon M.
Conroe, TX
This has seriously changed my skin! I can’t live with out it! I have switched trying to find something else but nothing compares. I use this just in the morning and my purity at night. I have dry skin and this is hydrating and nice. It doesn’t leave me with that tight skin feeling after using it! It’s a staple in my routine! Holy grail for me.
Claire C.
Within the last year my skin started acting crazy and I was breaking out constantly. At the recommendation of a Sephora employee I tried this cleanser. Holy cow did it work! And it worked fast! Within just a few days, my acne was visibly better. I now keep this cleanser in constant rotation for times when my skin needs it.
Desiree H.
Ft Oglethorpe, GA
I love the idea of this because I have had to use an online dermatologist / Pharmacy when my face broke out with adult acne last year and this cleanser is time-released with salicylic acid so that after you rinse it off it still stays in your pores to prevent Holiness which can end up breaking you out for a while afterwards. I only didn't give it 5 stars because of the consistency, it was a little like a thick gel and I had a small sample cups so I had to dig it out with my face cleansing brush, but I did feel clean afterwards and soft and really like the idea of A time-released cleanser. These opinions are my own and are not anyone else's. I sampled this item.
Mal M.
This cleanser was the miracle I found to help begin clearing my acne. I went months and months with a terrible breakout nothing (not even creams from the dermatologist) could clear. It is a bit drying if it’s left on too long or used everyday. The only downside is I didn’t feel it was good at washing makeup off.
Katelyn O.
This cleaner has helped clear up my 30 year old acne! Just one day started breaking out with deep cystic acne. This has been also a great preventive wash for my acne since it has all been cleared up! It is a bit pricey but worth it because all you need is a pea size. It will last awhile.
Elizabeth W.
I have been using Murad’s acne cleanser for 5+ years now. It is the one facial cleanser that has helped my adult acne improve and stay away. The time release helps keep pores clear and healing while you go about your day or overnight while you sleep. I use it daily. Recommended for oily skin types.
Misty D.
Beeville, TX
I've been looking for a new acne treated face wash. I'm 32 & I still get breakouts all the time. I have combination oily skin. What is everyone's experience with this product?
Taylor T.
I'm considering adding this face wash to my skincare routine but have very dry and acne prone skin.. does this product over dry?
Sydney N.
Does this acne cleanser have a strong/harsh smell?
Ana F.
Lake Forest, CA
Does it dry skin out? I have oily skin but I hate when products over dry my skin
Crystal D.
Shady side, MD
How is thia with getting rid of scars from acne being picked at in the past...i have not been able to find something yet and ive even tried prescriptions!