BY MURAD #79 in Facial Cleansers

This high-performance, anti-aging acne cleanser features sustained-release Salicylic Acid to help clear skin without over-drying. Amino Acids and Hyaluronic Acid help restore youthfulness. This adult acne cleanser continues to work even after rinsing it off your face.

The Murad Time Release Acne Cleanser is suggested for people looking to:

• Fight acne all day long without over-drying skin
  • Treat adult acne and blemish-prone skin
  • Diminish the appearance of fine lines

Benefits: This high-performance, anti-aging acne wash helps treat breakouts and diminishes early signs of aging. The cleanser includes an innovative anti-acne treatment technology that continues to work even after you rinse it off. Plus, Amino Acids and Hyaluronic Acid help bind moisture to your skin to keep it hydrated.

How to Use: Massage a small amount of Murad Time Release Acne Cleanser over dampened face and neck. Rinse with warm water and pat dry. Follow with a Murad Step 2 treatment.

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Salicylic Acid 0.5%

OTHER INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Retinol, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Chitosan, Silver Citrate, Sodium PCA, Betaine, Sorbitol, Glycine, Alanine, Proline, Serine, Threonine, Arginine, Lysine, Glutamic Acid, Zinc Gluconate, Argania Spinosa Kernel Extract, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Extract, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Propyl Gallate, Polysorbate 80, Menthol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Glycol Distearate, Steareth-4, PEG-150 Distearate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polyacrylate-13, Polyisobutene, Polysorbate 20, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance (Parfum)

Buy on Sephora*
  • "I have had problems with my skin for the past couple years. It's oily, very sensitive, and prone to breakouts- pimples, cystic zits, and blackheads. I started using this a couple weeks ago and I can see a clear difference in my skin. I didn't even get the normal hormonal breakout I usually do around that time of the month! I will continue to use this and am going to look into other Murad products. " in 60 reviews
  • "I have combination skin &' most acne products either over dry my skin or totally grease up my face lol." in 2 reviews
  • "Speaking from trying this product for many years and having super oily & acne prone skin, this is an amazing product! " in 2 reviews
  • "I started using this a couple weeks ago and I can see a clear difference in my skin." in 1 review
  • "I highly recommend this product." in 1 review
Katrina H.
Houston , AR
Being that I'm in my mid-20's, I need something to ward off acne but also help with anti-aging because preventative care is key. I found the price fair for the amount I get. It's VERY gentle and I like that it's helping my skin with 2 issues at once. It's totally going to be a repurchase for me. My only issue is I notice I go through it a little faster than most cleansers because it doesn't foam or become sudsy at all. It maintains a slippery consistency, which is fine because my skin always feels hydrated and never stripped after cleansing.
Nicole M.
Eugene
I've used this for years and love it. It's gentle and doesn't foam up too much, so you can use it with your clairsonic. I have very sensitive blemish prone skin and it seems to be the right balance, keeping my face clear and not irritating. You only use a pea size amount, so it lasts a good 6 months plus. I like that it keeps working throughout the day, so you don't need another product after you rinse. Every time I think I want to change up my routine, I regret it and come back to the Murad Clarifying cleanser.
Amy S.
I’m on my first tube. I ordered it from Sephora based on great reviews and it lived up to my expectations. It has cleared a lot of my acne in less than 2 weeks. It’s kind of expensive but it’s a large tune and you don’t need to use much. I’ll definitely buy again. I also got a lotion for acne and aging but I haven’t used it yet. The spot acne treatment works well too.
Megan E.
Melbourne, FL
I bought their 30 day trial size pack. It’s an overall good cleanser. No big miracles in taking away my breakouts, it just seems to keep bad ones at bay. It foams up nicely and has a cooling effect on skin. Face feels a bit dry after washing. Don’t skip your moisturizer! I am currently using this to cleanse my face at night while using a different cleanser in the A.M.
Vanessa S.
Absolutely in love with this Cleanser! I have suffered from cystic acne on my forehead for the last 18 years and NOTHING I have tried has worked as well as the Murad Time Release Acne Cleanser! It does make my face a little more sensitive to the sun but it's a small price to pay! I'm so sad it took me so long to find this stuff!!!!
Lauren G.
lexington
I tried this product because they sale it at the store I work for and I wanted personal experience when selling it. I took a couple different products from the Murad line home and unfortunately did not have the luck I was hoping for. My face was abnormally tight after using it, and not even moisturizer would help to relieve the tight feeling.
Shannon M.
Conroe, TX
This has seriously changed my skin! I can’t live with out it! I have switched trying to find something else but nothing compares. I use this just in the morning and my purity at night. I have dry skin and this is hydrating and nice. It doesn’t leave me with that tight skin feeling after using it! It’s a staple in my routine! Holy grail for me.
Caitlin N.
Ashland, KY
I would recommend this cleanser to adults dealing with hormonal acne that have dry skin. If you have oily skin this cleanser is not for you. It has a hydrating formula without sulfates that wont strip your skins natural moisture barrier but it also contains a time released formula of salicylic acid to help with acne. This wont cure your acne by any means, but anyone suffering from adult acne needs a gentle cleanser because irritation leads to more acne, plus most acne treatments are very harsh on the skin so its best to keep your skincare regimen as gentle as possible to avoid further irritation. I do think this line is pricey and there are many affordable dupes or alternatives to this cleanser.
Kacee B.
Centerton, AR
I use this product daily, at night, but have used both AM and PM before. I love it! I wouldn't say my skin is acne prone, however I do get some breakouts. I feel like this cleanser does help keep them at bay. I also like that you can use it as a mask if you want! I keep repurchasing and it's the only acne product in my routine!
Desiree H.
Ft Oglethorpe, GA
I love the idea of this because I have had to use an online dermatologist / Pharmacy when my face broke out with adult acne last year and this cleanser is time-released with salicylic acid so that after you rinse it off it still stays in your pores to prevent Holiness which can end up breaking you out for a while afterwards. I only didn't give it 5 stars because of the consistency, it was a little like a thick gel and I had a small sample cups so I had to dig it out with my face cleansing brush, but I did feel clean afterwards and soft and really like the idea of A time-released cleanser. These opinions are my own and are not anyone else's. I sampled this item.
Misty D.
Beeville, TX
I've been looking for a new acne treated face wash. I'm 32 & I still get breakouts all the time. I have combination oily skin. What is everyone's experience with this product?
Taylor T.
I'm considering adding this face wash to my skincare routine but have very dry and acne prone skin.. does this product over dry?
Sydney N.
Does this acne cleanser have a strong/harsh smell?
Ana F.
Lake Forest, CA
Does it dry skin out? I have oily skin but I hate when products over dry my skin
Crystal D.
Shady Side, MD
How is thia with getting rid of scars from acne being picked at in the past...i have not been able to find something yet and ive even tried prescriptions!