Murad Rapid Relief Acne Spot Treatment

Maximum strength, invisible gel spot treatment reduces blemish size and redness within 4 hours.

Our salicylic acid spot treatment is great for:

• Achieving fast results
  • Use with, and without, makeup on top, due to invisible gel formula that does not peel or flake
  • Exfoliating, clearing, smoothing, and balancing skin
  • The occasional pimple and ongoing breakout treatment
  • Daytime and nighttime acne treatment

Benefits:

• Fast-acting acne spot treatment reduces blemish size and redness within 4 hours. Invisible gel can be layered under concealer without peeling or flaking.
  • Salicylic Acid exfoliates to clear pores and smooth skin. Inspired by Pine and Thyme Extracts, a patented complex fights irritants while preserving skin’s healthy balance – Perfect for those with acne that are looking for fast results.
  • This formula dries clear, allowing for continuous breakout and pimple treatment that can be concealed easily under makeup.

How to Use: Apply a thin layer on affected areas one to three times daily or as needed.

Ingredients: Salicylic Acid, Patented Complex, Horse Chestnut and Oat Extracts.

Other Ingredients:Water (Aqua), Alcohol, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Propanediol, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Urea, Yeast Amino Acids, Trehalose, Inositol, Taurine, Betaine, Thymol, Terpineol, Hydroxyphenyl Propamidobenzoic Acid, Shea Butter Ethyl Esters, 4-t-Butylcyclohexanol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide

Does this product work well for eczema prone skin?
Is this a product you'd have to continuously use, or will it help to permanently diminish acne?
Start your review of Murad Rapid Relief Acne Spot Treatment!
How would you rate this product?
Cincinnati, OH
Murad Rapid Relief Acne Spot Treatment uploaded by Elizabeth C.
Murad Rapid Relief Acne Spot Treatment uploaded by Elizabeth C.
Wow, this is by far my favorite acne treatment product. I recieved this in my #ipsy subscription bag at the start of November. I've been using it the last few weeks to treat my pregnancy related #acne. In just 2 days I saw the acne on my forehead disappear. In about 1 week the acne under my nose faded, and with 2 weeks of use the persistent acne on my chin has gone away! Now I just need to find something for my pores. Please ignore my splotchyness I've been having all day "morning" sickness.
This spot treatment does work, but not within 4 hours like they advertise. It takes about 2-3 days of use to actually see results, but that means enduring 3 days of drying out your skin around the spot you are trying to get rid of. I prefer pimple patches over this product. This treatment definitely works but it isn’t instant. I’m the type to get 1 annoying pimple every month during my period and it is very annoying. So I googled some products & this came up. I used it overnight expecting my pimple to be gone but that wasn’t the case. I used it for 3 nights and then my pimple disappeared. This works by drying the pimple and eventually it basically almost “falls off” your skin. The downside is if you are too generous with this, it super dries the skin around the pimple and you have to work overtime to moisturizer that area again. Usually my pimples take 10 days to completely disappear, so this definitely worked, but it was just too drying for me. I’d rather use the pimple patches .
N Grosvenordl, CT
This treatment is really great! It is a little more intense than some sometimes when you do apply to the area I can get a little burning feeling but that dissipates after literally like 10 seconds it’s just because it dries out all the crap inside your pimple so it really targets the exact area you need it too so don’t freak out if you feel that sensation it always goes away and if for some reason it’s not for you try a more sensitive treatment or do patch tests with this first! How I usually apply this product is onto a Q-tip and then use the Q-tip to go onto my skin. The consistency of the product is a thick type of gel so I find it works best that way. I would also say this product is pretty instant after 1 to 2 uses usually the acne is gone! I Highly recommend!
North Haledon, NJ
Louisville, KY
I have started getting blemishes a lot now that I am into my 30s, which is weird to me because I figured by now it would be the other way around. I always get breakouts on my chin and they are usually pretty big, feel like they are under the skin, and are very sore to the touch. It seems like it takes forever for them to go away and I usually get 2 or 3 at about the same time and its frustrating because when I think I have gotten rid of them another one will pop up. Anyways, I started using this spot treatment and I have noticed a difference. They are smaller and the redness is almost gone the next day. When I have a break out I put it on my blemishes about 2 or 3 times a day. I think this stuff works great!
Oceanside
It's also good to note that it will likely cause your skin to feel dry. This depends on how much product you use, how often you apply it, and what your skin is like normally. I have sensitive combination skin and started with every-other-night applications to figure out a routine that worked. It works best on its own at night (not layered under lotions), so you'll need to budget time to moisturize in the morning or on the nights you don't use it. Thankfully, you only need to apply it over the affected area, so if you just have one spot that's breaking out, you won't experience dryness all over. The side effects generally peak around week two of use and subside around week four. Ultimately, it's worth it.
Glassport, PA
For some reason benzoyl peroxide doesn't work for me, and that is usually the main ingredient in spot treatments anymore. So when this became a choice in my Ipsy, I was thrilled to have a salicylic acid treatment. This works as well as a spit treatment can. The only thing that works better for me are pimple patches, Rite Aid brand. I do find that this helps lighten my scars and dark spots too. No dryness or irritation. I saw that someone commented that it doesn't work for their cystic acne. Unfortunately, in all the research that I have done, I learned that no spot treatments help cystic acne. It is too deep in the skin for it to do anything. So don't expect it to work on anything not on the surface.
Wenona, IL
I rarely get pimples or clogged pores any longer but when it does occur I immediately grab for Murad spot treatment. It works if I have a bump or clogged pores I put it on the spot the next day the issue has resolved itself magically. If I have a huge red pimple i put this on it and the size decreases and the soreness is gone. In a day the huge pimple is a bad memory poof it's hone. This last forever a little is all it takes to remove pimples or clogged pores, even deep sore ones way under the skin. Every makeup bag should have at least 1 tube if not 2 on hand.
Allensville , KY
Murad Rapid Relief Acne Spot Treatment uploaded by Bethany J.
I don’t know how this product only has 4 stars. This is the real deal. Any time I have a little bit of a breakout, I use this and it’s gone so much faster than if I leave it alone. It doesn’t dry your skin out either. It’s a good consistency to where to covers the trouble spots but isn’t tacky either. I would suggest this for anyone that needs a little help with breakouts from time to time. It’s a good sized product and it should last for a long time!
Long Beach
I have normal-combo skin. I rarelyyyy breakouts but Once I start to feel a breakout coming, before it even rises to the surface, I apply Murads Spot treatment and within a few hours, the breakout is less painful, less red and 90% of the time, it won’t even rise to the surface. I have found this most effective to apply 2-3 times a day BEFORE the breakout comes to the surface. I also wish this was available to purchase in a smaller/travel size, there is a lot of product in this treatment and I’m pretty sure it will expire before I even use half of it.

249 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Delaware, Wilmington
Delaware, Wilmington
il y a 24 jours
Ashley P. • il y a 10 jours
yes, and a little goes a long way!