BY MURAD #34 in Facial Sunscreen

This lightweight SPF moisturizer reduces shine on contact for a matte finish and controls oil for up to 8 hours while effectively reducing breakouts.*

*In a Murad sponsored study.

HOW TO USE: Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15 I PA++
After cleansing and treatment, apply liberally to face, neck and chest.

• I really want to try this and other products from this brand is i...1 Answers
  • Does this contain sulfur? (Figured out I have a sulfur allergy af...1 Answers
  • I have very oily skin can anyone tell me if this is a good mattif...5 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Jackie C.
chula vista, ca
This works REALLY well. Keeps me from getting too shiny literally all day, works as a great mattifier primer under makeup, and also performs well as a sunscreen. When worn alone, it keeps me from getting shiny and slightly blurs imperfections. When worn under makeup, no need for a primer. It makes makeup that formerly got too shiny (even with primer) stay on and stay fairly matte all day. And it has solid sunscreen too! The only downsides are it's annoying to have to moisturize first as sort of a barrier between the product and my skin so I don't break out, and the glue-like smell and texture. But I will deal with that happily to be able to stay so matte all day.
Melissa L.
Another great product from Murad. But there were a few things that bothered me with this product. First, I felt this was on the thick side for being a moisturizer. Secondly, applying it to the skin feels like you are putting tacky glue on your face. Which for me is a bit annoying. And finally, I only had about 5-6 hours of oil control. According to Murad.com;
“Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15 reduces shine on contact, and controls oil for up to 8 hours while effectively reducing breakouts.”
Maybe I’m just an oily b*tch, but it didn’t last 8 hours. By lunch time, I was blotting my face with oil absorbing towelettes.
Britney S.
Greeneville , TN
I really like this product to help keep my oils at bay. I have combination skin so everything on my face is dry except my tzone gets super oily. And I can never keep foundation in my nose until I found this. I put this on just my tzone before my primer and it keeps me matte and it actually keeps my foundation on my nose! Also a little trick if you put this where your glasses rub off your makeup it won’t do that anymore! I don’t know if it’s because of the spf in it or what but if I put this on then primer then foundation I can wear sunglasses without having those marks left behind
Gigi W.
Marshfield, MA
I only tried a sample of this and it lasted two applications, but I'm genuinely surprised on how this mattifier truly works! I have combo skin, where my t zone gets very oily especially by the end of the day. I applied this around 6pm or later to get rid of the oiliness on my face and it actually smoothed my skin and banished the shine! I'm really impressed, it even held up for a few hours too! The only thing I wasn't a true fan of was the scent of it.. very unpleasant, but other than that, it did it's job, so I would recommend if you're looking for a mattifier!
Vanessa T.
East Lansing, MI
I absolutely love this product. I have oily/combination skin and this is by far the best product I've used to combat some of my excess shine. After my eye cream and serum, I apply this to my T-zone only and a different moisturizer on my cheek region. You could apply this all over your face, but I prefer to have a more matte T-Zone and a dewier cheek area. I love how this product contains a bit of SPF to make sure that I am covered, and it truly has helped keep my oil at bay. Before using this product, my foundation with break up on my T-Zone because of how oily my skin became. After using this moisturizer, I found that my makeup looks and stays on much better. The only con I would have for this product is that it smells like Elmers Glue (to me at least). I love the effect it has on my skin so much that the scent doesn't bother me too much, but it is something to be aware of!
May W.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA
I LOVE THIS MOISTURIZER!! If you are an oily or combo skin type of girl, then you need this! NO FLASHBACKS cause I tested it out for you in the club already lol!  I tried to use Formula 0. Whatever(the brand you can get at ulta) and it just did not keep my oil at bay. It gave me a glory dewy look if you like that—I believe I wrote a review on that as well. Back to Murad, I love it! It works amazing and after an 8+hour shift, I still look matte! It’s matte and moisturizing all in the same time!! One bad thing is the cost— it’s pretty hefty! But I got mine when Sephora was having their sale and now that I think about it, I should’ve grabbed 2 bottles!
Katy R.
Spring, TX
I have a pretty hard time finding sunscreens that don't break me out! This is great, absorbs seemingly well. I just wish there were both more benefits and higher spf content for the big price tag. I don't mind shelling out this kind of money for a good serum, treatment or moisturizer but when you consider reapplication to keep spf effective; this tube just does not last very long. I would love to give other Murad products a try though.
Lauren D.
People used to tell me, "Lauren, don't worry! Your skin will become less oily once you've outgrown your teenage years!" Well, I'm 25, and I can tell you that statement is not true, for I am still an oil slick.

In addition to my incredibly oily skin, I ask suffer from moderate acne, so finding a facial moisturizer to counteract both of those issues without overdrying has been an issue. However, while at work, one of my coworkers introduced me to this moisturizer by Murad, and told me it might be the answer to all of my skin issues; she was right! Not only does it mattify my face for most of the day, but it ALSO has SPF in it, which is a major bonus!

I have been using this stuff for almost 4 months now, and even though it's a hefty price, a little goes a long way. I definitely recommend this to anyone with similar skin concerns.
Lauren V.
Scottsburg, IN
I love this. It is the only moisturizer I have found that keeps my super oily skin matte all day. I use it after Tarte Rainforest of the Sea cleanser before my make up routine and it helps keep me looking great all day.
It is very thick and I find the best application to be patting it onto your skin instead of rubbing. When you use that method, a little goes a long way. Also, it is cruelty free!
Macy G.
THIS IS AMAZING. I have super oily skin but most primers dry me out; decided to give this a try and I am SO glad I did. Moisturizes and mattifies skin; what more can you ask for? Foundation goes on smoothly over top (just let it dry for a minute first). I am usually oily within an hour of applying makeup - this had me at least semi-matte all day with maybe one quick powder touch up.
Cassy B.
Cheyenne, WY
Where can I find this?
Leticia O.
Is this a mositurizer? Do you apply this after a shower, before makeup or ?
Monica A.
Los Angeles, CA
I have very oily skin can anyone tell me if this is a good mattifier??? how long does it last ?? does it give flash back???
Rhonda G.
How well does this work? On a scale of 1-10 I have 11 in the oily skin department. Need something that works well for use during the day
Amanda Z.
Phoenix, AZ
Feel... I tried this product and thought it felt odd on my face when applying... Anyone else feel this way?