BY MURAD #7 in Facial Sunscreen

This lightweight SPF moisturizer reduces shine on contact for a matte finish and controls oil for up to 8 hours while effectively reducing breakouts.*

*In a Murad sponsored study.

HOW TO USE: Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15 I PA++
After cleansing and treatment, apply liberally to face, neck and chest.

• I really want to try this and other products from... Be the first to answer!
  • Does this contain sulfur? (Figured out I have a sulfur allergy af...1 Answers
  • I have very oily skin can anyone tell me if this is a good mattif...5 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Gladyeliz C.
Methuen, MA
So, the Murad Invisiblur instantly reminds with its gel-like consistency on the Smashbox Photo Finish primer... when checking the main ingredients, I notice as well that the products are in fact very similar. But the Murad Invisiblur has 2 major differences to the Smashbox Photo Finish: the Murad Invisiblur primer smells beautiful refreshing (like citrus) while the Smashbox primer has no scent. And the probably biggest feature of the Murad Invisiblur is: it contains an SPF of 30. This is really awesome if you have oily to combination skin, and don´t like wear so many layers of products on your skin: with the Murad Invisiblur you have the primer and sunscreen all in one product. However, the blurring effect -that I was hoping for- wasn´t that impressive. In fact: I barely see a difference. It is absolutely comparable with the Smashbox Photo Finish, so if you like the smoothing effect of that one, the Murad delivers the same result. BUT: I tried another thing. You might already have seen here and here and here, that I like to apply all kinds of products on my forehead wrinkles, to see if it has an effect. And? YES! Applied AFTER my foundation a big pea size amount just on my forehead leads to a fabulous blurring result- but see for yourself on my pic. I really like the Murad Invisiblur, but I find I have to use it on top of my makeup to achieve a blurring effect. I like the convenience of having the sunscreen included but to really achieve the sun protection you need, you might have to apply a big amount. It smells super nice, but the price tag is just a bit hefty for my taste. I can imagine coming back to this product next summer, when it is getting really hot again though
May W.
San Francisco, CA
I LOVE THIS MOISTURIZER!! If you are an oily or combo skin type of girl, then you need this! NO FLASHBACKS cause I tested it out for you in the club already lol!  I tried to use Formula 0. Whatever(the brand you can get at ulta) and it just did not keep my oil at bay. It gave me a glory dewy look if you like that—I believe I wrote a review on that as well. Back to Murad, I love it! It works amazing and after an 8+hour shift, I still look matte! It’s matte and moisturizing all in the same time!! One bad thing is the cost— it’s pretty hefty! But I got mine when Sephora was having their sale and now that I think about it, I should’ve grabbed 2 bottles!
Jackie C.
chula vista, ca
This works REALLY well. Keeps me from getting too shiny literally all day, works as a great mattifier primer under makeup, and also performs well as a sunscreen. When worn alone, it keeps me from getting shiny and slightly blurs imperfections. When worn under makeup, no need for a primer. It makes makeup that formerly got too shiny (even with primer) stay on and stay fairly matte all day. And it has solid sunscreen too! The only downsides are it's annoying to have to moisturize first as sort of a barrier between the product and my skin so I don't break out, and the glue-like smell and texture. But I will deal with that happily to be able to stay so matte all day.
Britney S.
Greeneville , TN
I really like this product to help keep my oils at bay. I have combination skin so everything on my face is dry except my tzone gets super oily. And I can never keep foundation in my nose until I found this. I put this on just my tzone before my primer and it keeps me matte and it actually keeps my foundation on my nose! Also a little trick if you put this where your glasses rub off your makeup it won’t do that anymore! I don’t know if it’s because of the spf in it or what but if I put this on then primer then foundation I can wear sunglasses without having those marks left behind
Destiny M.
i really love this product Keeps me from getting too shiny literally all day, works as a great mattifier primer under makeup! The key is applying it right. When I first tried this product, I applied it straight to my face with nothing underneath. I ended up with enough little whiteheads and congested-looking pores to make me reconsider using it. But it had done SUCH a good job at keeping me matte that I decided to try again, only this time I put a really thin layer of gel moisturizer on first. This truly made all the difference. I've been using it this way for several weeks now and couldn't be happier. When worn alone, it keeps me from getting shiny and slightly blurs imperfections. When worn under makeup, no need for a primer. It makes makeup that formerly got too shiny (even with primer) stay on and stay fairly matte all day. And it has solid sunscreen too! The only downsides are it's annoying to have to moisturize first as sort of a barrier between the product and my skin so I don't break out, and the glue-like smell and texture. But I will deal with that happily to be able to stay so matte all day
Vanessa T.
East Lansing, MI
I absolutely love this product. I have oily/combination skin and this is by far the best product I've used to combat some of my excess shine. After my eye cream and serum, I apply this to my T-zone only and a different moisturizer on my cheek region. You could apply this all over your face, but I prefer to have a more matte T-Zone and a dewier cheek area. I love how this product contains a bit of SPF to make sure that I am covered, and it truly has helped keep my oil at bay. Before using this product, my foundation with break up on my T-Zone because of how oily my skin became. After using this moisturizer, I found that my makeup looks and stays on much better. The only con I would have for this product is that it smells like Elmers Glue (to me at least). I love the effect it has on my skin so much that the scent doesn't bother me too much, but it is something to be aware of!
Eva P.
I really enjoy this mattifier not only because it really does mattify your face, but it also works well as a moisturizer and I love that it has SPF. My main issue with it is that because of how thick it is, it does feel as if you need quite a bit of it to cover your entire face. For the price and the amount of uses you can get out of one tube, I wish they would put just a little more product in each tube. {I received this product for testing by Influenster, all opinions are my own}
Champagne M.
Augusta, GA
Okay so, I REALLY wanted to love this product because I love the cleanser, but this product leaves a white/ashy residue on my face no matter how much or little I use! I know it has SPF so that's probably the reason but it also left my foundation looking streaky. I ultimately chose to skip using this product and just stuck with the cleanser and the spot corrector. Definitely mattifying though if you have issues with super oily skin like I do. Definitely kind of a bummer about the residue though.
Lauren D.
People used to tell me, "Lauren, don't worry! Your skin will become less oily once you've outgrown your teenage years!" Well, I'm 25, and I can tell you that statement is not true, for I am still an oil slick.

In addition to my incredibly oily skin, I ask suffer from moderate acne, so finding a facial moisturizer to counteract both of those issues without overdrying has been an issue. However, while at work, one of my coworkers introduced me to this moisturizer by Murad, and told me it might be the answer to all of my skin issues; she was right! Not only does it mattify my face for most of the day, but it ALSO has SPF in it, which is a major bonus!

I have been using this stuff for almost 4 months now, and even though it's a hefty price, a little goes a long way. I definitely recommend this to anyone with similar skin concerns.
Macy G.
THIS IS AMAZING. I have super oily skin but most primers dry me out; decided to give this a try and I am SO glad I did. Moisturizes and mattifies skin; what more can you ask for? Foundation goes on smoothly over top (just let it dry for a minute first). I am usually oily within an hour of applying makeup - this had me at least semi-matte all day with maybe one quick powder touch up.
Cassy B.
Cheyenne, WY
Where can I find this?
Leticia O.
Is this a mositurizer? Do you apply this after a shower, before makeup or ?
Monica A.
Los Angeles, CA
I have very oily skin can anyone tell me if this is a good mattifier??? how long does it last ?? does it give flash back???
Rhonda G.
How well does this work? On a scale of 1-10 I have 11 in the oily skin department. Need something that works well for use during the day
Amanda Z.
Phoenix, AZ
Feel... I tried this product and thought it felt odd on my face when applying... Anyone else feel this way?