BY MURAD #10 in Sunscreen

This lightweight SPF moisturizer reduces shine on contact for a matte finish and controls oil for up to 8 hours while effectively reducing breakouts.*

*In a Murad sponsored study.

HOW TO USE: Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15 I PA++
After cleansing and treatment, apply liberally to face, neck and chest.

• I really want to try this and other products from... Be the first to answer!
  • Does this contain sulfur? (Figured out I have a sulfur allergy af...1 Answers
  • I have very oily skin can anyone tell me if this is a good mattif...5 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "Murad is one of my favorite skincare brands, having dealt with Oily skin my whole life I was really excited to try this product." in 5 reviews
Carmen Rosario R.
Downers Grove, IL
I have been reaching for this facial sunscreen all summer long! I bought it at my Navy Exchange, however Murad products are also sold at specialty retailers such as Sephora. I apply it as a third step in the Acne Stater Kit regimen after using the Clarifying Cleanser, followed by the Acne Clearing Solution in the morning before heading out to work. A little goes a long way and absorbs into the skin SO easily. It does not slide around or feel greasy AT ALL. To get the most for your money, I recommend purchasing this item as part of a treatment set (I purchased the 60 day acne starter kit, 30 day is also avail.) This way, not only are you saving some $$, but also allowing a trial of this product on your skin before buying a full size, as some people have SPF sensitivities. I love this sunscreen because it really does keep you nice and oil free for a good 6-8 hours without having to apply additional powders to stay matte, which is SO unusual for facial sunscreens I have tried. I have not used this under makeup, so I cannot speak on that experience. My ONLY gripe is the SPF rating is only 15, I personally prefer a least SPF 30. Regardless ANY amount of UV protection is better than none! Will definitely repurchase.
Andra D.
New Prt Rchy, FL
I got this as a sample from sephora. it said, murad oil control moisture/mattifier/spf. I used my sample on a whim when my regual moisturizer ran out one day, I was hesitant because of the gluey texture because I am acne prone but it turns out........... I loved it! My makeup went on smoothly, as if i had used a primer, with a matte finish, and no more shiny face. I usually have an oily face and smudgy makeup by noon but not anymore, not with this lotion. I went out and bought this product the next day. I feel like this product found me. Skin saver! I find it works best on clean skin, so put it on immediately after you wash your face. A little bit goes a long way so be conservative with it. Some reviews recommend that you first moisturize and then apply the mattifier, but I tried this and it did not work--I still got very oily skin. So I recommend that you do not moisturize when using this product.
Kayla F.
Asheville, NC
I have oily skin that really becomes a great deal more oily as summer ramps up. I have tried just about every moisturizer/mattifier lotion, serum, or gel you can think of, and had heard that Murad was a good brand so I gave this a shot. The consistency is similar to sunscreen, meaning a tad thick and goopy, but is tolerable and doesn't hinder any additional makeup that I applied on top of it. My skin still got oily as the day progressed, but it did seem to help mattify somewhat for a few hours. I have found a few other cheaper brands that actually work better than this one, so you might want to try some cheaper ones before throwing down big bucks on this stuff. I don't know that I would use it again though, as the smell was very strong and chemical which I could smell through the day. For me, Clinique for men, garnier products, and Estée Lauder matte moisturizer seem to work better for my skin.
Stephanie T.
Glendale, CA
If I could give this product more than 5 stars I would! I found this on the shelf one day that I was shopping at Sephora and I decided to just go ahead and try it since my skin if very oily and it seemed convincing. I usually try a sample of a product before buying the full size but with this product I went ahead and went straight with the full one. I use it under my makeup as a primer to help keep me matte all day and honestly I've never used something better than this. I was so happy that I bought it and it's something I will definitely rebuy! It's not thick nor does it feel heavy especially under makeup.. It's perfect for oily skin!
Taylor H.
I've always only known Murad to be a acne care company. So when I saw that they made other products besides acne care I was very excited. I have fluctuating skin types, and in the summer I can get very oily and I swear quite a bit so when I saw a sunscreen that claimed to be mattifying I jumped at the chance to use it. While I do wish the spf was a little bit higher, this sunscreen definitely kept my skin more matte, though you do have to reapply after 3-4 hours if you want to stay matte, but you have to reapply that much for regular sunscreen as well! I would highly recommend this sunscreen to anyone with oily skin!
Flor B.
Vacaville, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This product is very thick and creamy, it takes a bit of effort to spread it around your face because of how thick it is. It smells absolutely amazing though, that's one of the reasons I keep reaching for it (along with how much I paid for it). However in terms of effectiveness, I don't find that this product controls my oil. If it does it's the most minuscule amount. It's a good sunscreen and good to wear underneath makeup as a moisturizer but for what it's supposed to do, it's not very effective. Especially for the expensive price tag, I would pass on this product. Will not repurchase.
Aspen G.
Farmington, AR
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have had dry skin my entire life- until recently. With the sudden change to more oily skin, I was trying any and everything to stop the shine on my forehead and around my nose. I picked this up at Sephora, and I LOVE IT. I put this on underneath my makeup in the morning for an outdoor wedding recently, and even through the southern heat, I didn't need to touch up anything. Seeing flawless photos at 8pm sold me on this product. It helps prevent my makeup from breaking down, keeps the oil at bay all day, and doesn't clog my pores in the process. It's definitely worth the money!
Jessica G.
Oakland, NJ
A holy grail product I have been using faithfully for years...truly, I always have at least one if not more backups on hand. I have oily skin and I discovered this when I was working in an office and found my makeup just would be sliding off of my face by lunch time. This stuff is amazing. The thickness and feel on my hand was a turn off initially (think Elmer's Glue) but somehow it feels incredibly light but nourishing on your face. You would never think this product could mattify or give your foundation longevity-but I promise you-it does! The added spf15 is a bonus as well!
Ashley R.
Coarsegold, CA
So far this product has been amazing. My job has stressed me out so much lately that I've been breaking out worse than I have in my entire life. I bought this along with the entire Murad Acne Control Kit and I love how my skin looks! I have seen so much improvement in just a week. I use the Oil-Control Mattifier everyday to protect my skin from sun damage. It does have the sunscreen smell but it is very subtle. The consistency allows for a small amount of product to go a long way. I have loved this from day one and will continue to buy! Thank you Murad for saving my face!
Emani C.
Hutchinson, KS
As someone with combination skin that leans oily, I love love love this lotion. It does exactly what it says it's supposed to: moisturize and mattify. It's thick out of the tube, but absorbs quickly for a light-weight feel on the skin. It's great for all-over use, but because only certain parts of my face get oily, I prefer to use it on just my problem areas. I love that this lotion contains SPF so that I don't have to layer products. I've also found that this product practically doubles as a primer, and works amazing underneath makeup. Definitely worth it for the price!
Cassy B.
Cheyenne, WY
Where can I find this?
Rhonda G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
How well does this work? On a scale of 1-10 I have 11 in the oily skin department. Need something that works well for use during the day
Leticia O.
Is this a mositurizer? Do you apply this after a shower, before makeup or ?
Monica A.
Los Angeles, CA
I have very oily skin can anyone tell me if this is a good mattifier??? how long does it last ?? does it give flash back???
Amanda Z.
Phoenix, AZ
Feel... I tried this product and thought it felt odd on my face when applying... Anyone else feel this way?