BY MURAD #9 in Oil Control & Mattifying Products

Our oil mattifier is a shine-reducing moisturizer that creates an immediate matte surface and controls oil for up to 8 hours. Oil-Control Complex® helps regulate oil production while preserving moisture to provide a long-lasting matte finish.

Murad Oil-Control Mattifier is suggested for people looking to:

• Balance oil throughout the day
  • Protect skin with SPF in a daily moisturizer

Benefits: Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15 reduces shine on contact, and controls oil for up to 8 hours while effectively reducing breakouts. Our oil mattifier protects blemish-prone skin and helps regulate oil production throughout the day.

How to Use: Apply liberally to face, neck and chest.

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Octinoxate (7.50%), Zinc Oxide (3.00%), Ensulizole (1.00%)

OTHER INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Urea, Yeast Amino Acids, Trehalose, Inositol, Taurine, Betaine, Phospholipids, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Hexyl Dimethicone, Farnesyl Acetate, Panthenyl Triacetate, Argania Spinosa Kernel Extract, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Extract, Punica Granatum Seed Oil, Capryloyl Glycine, Sarcosine, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Acrylates Copolymer, Magnesium Carbonate, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Dicaprylyl Ether, Niacinamide, Yeast Extract, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Algae Extract, Corn Starch Modified, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Panthenol, Zinc Gluconate, Caffeine, Xanthan Gum, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Biotin, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Aminomethyl Propanol, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

• Could you use this as a primer? Or is it strictly a moist...2 Answers
  • Does this product make you break out?5 Answers
  • Does anyone else think this moisturizer is not very easy ...7 Answers
Jazzi P.
West Fargo, ND
I got a sample size of this from Sephora and was super excited to try this. I have extremely oily skin especially in my T Zone and I'm dehydrated in my cheek area and it was sold to me as a mattifying moisturizer. I used it three days in a row after washing my face and I felt a little blah about this. It left me way too dry and didn't keep my oil controlled for very long.

It smells kinda like a Charcoal mask I had used from Dermalogica so I assume it has drying properties and it did dry my cheeks out to the point that I had to go back with a different moisturizer. Like I mentioned it DID dry me out but in the wrong places.

I am in love with the idea of a matte moisturizer because my T Zone shines bright like Rihanna's diamonds after two hours of putting my makeup on and I need something to dry me out IN THAT SPOT so maybe I'll give this another shot and only focus this in my T Zone.
I'd recommend this for someone with extreme oil as it does dry you out. I'm not sure of retail price since I've only gotten a sample. I'm hoping my next experiment will work in my favor.
FlawlessLC C.
Centerville
This is one of the BEST mattifying creams I’ve ever used! I’ve tried a lot, but I have used this one for about 6-7 months now. It is the only one that has completely helped mattify without drying me out too much. I’m super oily, and this cream really helps keep the oil at bay especially when I’m doing my makeup. I mostly use this cream everyday during the summer, and only on makeup days during the winter. When using it with the Murad acne cleanser and Murad acne clearing solution, I find that this does help a little with the acne. But I’m not sure if it really helps with the pimples by itself. I’ve been using it with the other Murad products since the beginning, so I’m just not sure. BUT I would suggest this to any one having trouble with oily skin! It has truly helped me so much, I can’t say enough good things about this cream!
Emma G.
Madison
I was introduced to this product through one of the Murad skin care bundles. Having struggled with combination/oily, acne prone skin for 15 years, this discovery was revolutionary for my skin care routine. I have repurchased it at least 5 times and consider it a skin care staple.

This product does exactly what it claims to do. It mattifies my skin, leaving my t-zone shine free all day without stripping my skin of its natural oils or drying out the areas on my face that need extra moisture. Even with its thick consistency, it spreads nicely and sinks into the skin. It doesn't effect make up worn on top of it. I find that the overall texture and coloration of my skin is smoother and I break out significantly less often.
Marisa Y.
Robstown, TX
I got a sample of this to try and was excited. I heard great things about the brand. I wanted to like this product but it did nothing to control my oil and didn't moisturize either. This is a pass for me but I'd be willing to check out other products in this line.
Laura S.
Milwaukee, WI
I love this product!! This is my favorite mattifying moisturizer!  It does a wonderful job of removing any oils from my face, and I love it.  I also enjoy that it has SPF in it.  The consistency of it is kinda weird, kinda like putting Elmer's glue on my face, but honestly I have no problem with it, haha.  Overall, I would definitely purchase this again.
Ryan J.
Madison
I really don't like this product. It's too thick, you have to use a lot, and it did nothing for me. I used it religiously for 3 weeks and I hated it. I just ended up spending lots of money for a better moisturizer two days ago and I'm already super happy.
Carmen R.
I really hated this product. I gave it two stars because it does mattify. However, its consistency is very tacky which makes it really hard to smooth on the face...which at first I liked. Then I realized this product was sucking all the moisture out of my skin. My skin looked even more textured and all my pores looked enhanced once I put on foundation. Lastly, it made me break out, and provided no long lasting oil control. I think this may work for you if you don't have issues with texture on top of oil issues.
Lindsay C.
Indianapolis, IN
I love this product and use it daily! It provides me with sunscreen and moisturizer that won’t clog my pores. It far exceeded my expectations! I put this on over my acne treatment and it’s perfect for my oily skin! It makes my skin look soft and smooth!
Jordan F.
Russellville, AR
This product does a REALLY great job at keeping my oily skin under control! I purchased it at ulta and ultimately went for it because the packaging was sleek and nice. I fell in love with the entire brand though! Will definitely keep using this.
Natalie K.
I did not see too many results with this product, even after using for three weeks. I used this product with other products in that Murad line. The packaging and pricing was nice. I would recommend this product even though it did not work for me. If you are someone with normal/combo skin this would probably work better for you.
Emma J.
Does anyone else think this moisturizer is not very easy to blend? It kind of reminds me of putting on sunscreen. Does anyone have a better method or tips?
Carina F.
los angeles
Does this product make you break out?
Brittany G.
Las Cruces, NM
Amanda L.
Could you use this as a primer? Or is it strictly a moisturizer?
Amanda C.