Murad Murad Post-Acne Spot Lightening Gel 1 oz uploaded by Laura -.Murad Murad Post-Acne Spot Lightening Gel 1 oz uploaded by Laura -.Murad Murad Post-Acne Spot Lightening Gel 1 oz uploaded by Laura -.See all 14 photos

BY MURAD #39 in Serums

This gel clears post-acne skin discoloration and dark spots that linger after breakouts have healed. see more...

• Does this really work? I have really ...Add a couple of Wicked acne sp... 1 Answers
  • Just how well does this product work ...Are used to use his line of pr... 1 Answers
  • Has anyone had any similar results wi...I use Lush's grease lighting s... 1 Answers
Photos (14)
Buy on Sephora*
Ana T.
Ana T.
Denton, TX
I have tried almost every spot treatment out there! And nothing worked! I have never had acne in my life up until about a year ago. Going from clear skin to uncontrollable adult acne can be rather frustrating! In the last year, I have not gone a day without waking up with ATLEAST one new pimple every day. And they would last for weeks and become very deep cystic acne. I would of course pop them-even tho I knew not too! They drove me crazy and I would... Being this stuff was pricey and nothing in the past year would work I was leery to buy this so I started with a sample. The morning after using this was the first morning in a year that I did not wake up with a new pimple! Not only that, but my scarring from popping my hundreds of pimples threw out the past year were about 25% smaller and lighter. The pimples I did have were half the size. 4 days into using this, my scarring was half the size and half faded and still no new pimples! The ones I had prior to starting this are now completely gone. Of course, I had to then buy the product as my sample ran out and I knew I could not got a day without it!! I cannot wait to see what this does to my skin in a weeks time, or a month, or a year! I will never go without this product! Finally I found something that actually works for both clearing acne and the nasty scars that are left behind!
Claribelle V.
Claribelle V.
Bryn Mawr, PA
Yes, yes, yes!! This stuff is wonderful! After breakout and even just the occasional single pimple, I always end up with hyper pigmentation spots that take *months* to fade. The Murad Post-Acne Spot Lightening Gel is an absolute game changer. Spots that would take months to just barely fade now become lighter in just a few weeks! And I was surprised to find that this product does not really irritate my ridiculously sensitive skin. At first, I did notice some redness and tingling but this went away. Also, if I used the lightening gel too frequently (I tend to do every other night to avoid this) my skin can become slightly irritated. Other than that, this product is a life changer.
Kayla P.
Kayla P.
Lake Havasu City, AZ
I have been using some of the products in the mural skincare line for about a year... I have stated in a couple of my other reviews that I am Biracial Black and White so as you can imagine I get hyper pigmentation on my cheeks from previous acne which has thankfully subsided over this past year. Finding products that will not bleach my skin at the same time as lighten my stops is not always the easiest to find and I like to switch it up so finding the mural line was awesome while the prices can be steep sometimes the products are worth their weight in gold especially if you happen to buy it at sephora the discounts are always great!!
Imaan R.
Imaan R.
Morton Grove, IL
The skin scare specialist at Sephora recommended this to me after I had a bad breakout from another product recommendation. This really works! BUT YOU HAVE TO KEEP AT IT. It will not work overnight. I have been using this for almost three weeks now and it has made a significant difference in evening out my skin tone, fading sun spots and acne marks. It also helps to keep breakouts at bay. MAKE SURE TO WEAR LOTS OF SUNSCREEN after use, as it contains retinol. It is a bit drying (as it should be since it is meant to grow new, mark-free skin!) so I recommend that you only use it as a spot treatment.
Kamila D.
Kamila D.
Los Angeles, CA
I rarely break out, so when I do I tend to overload with acne treatments. Murad is by far my all time favorite company for this need, however it tends to be very overpriced causing me to limit myself on the amount of full treatments I purchase. I did see a change in my skin after making use of the Post-Acne Spot Lightening Gel (I applied it after my Murad Acne Spot Creme). Two aspects of the product I dislike are the price (I could get the same type of product from Neutrogena for half of what I paid for) and the fact that it left my skin oiler than it already naturally is.
Mary E.
Mary E.
Sherman Oaks, CA
My skin was always flawless until I hit my twenties, that is. I tried everything to get rid of my adult acne with zero success. Until my thirties when I started using the acne line for Murad. I only needed the full line for a few weeks and voila, my skin was clear. I kept buying the cleanser and moisturizer after it cleared. I don't use the serum unless I get a break out which happens around that time of the month, usually one or two on my chin. That's it. Then I use the serum along with wash and moisturizer and it goes away within two days. It's that good!!!
Melissa T.
Melissa T.
This Post-Acne Spot Lightening Gel from Murad is REALLY GOOD!! After having some adult acne issues I decided I needed to try to lighten some small scarring and acne spots on my face. I was recommended Murad Treat and Repair Post-Acne Spot Lightening Gel gel by a fellow Youtuber. I have been using it daily for the past month, and I can tell a huge difference in my skin already. My dark spots have definitely lightened, and my skin has a Radiance about it. If you have dark spots from the sun, and/or acne scarring, I totally recommend this product!
Brooke V.
Brooke V.
This gel is amazing!!! When it is that time of the month I will wake up with awful swelled red pimples! All I do is place this over top of it when I'm ready for bed that night and the next morning the swelling is completely gone and my pimples are dried out!! Sometimes I'm left with a little redness but not noticeable as much as my pimple was before I used the gel. Most of the time the area is completely spotless! 10 out of 10 would definitely recommend, but to people with oily and blemished skin. I'm not sure how this would affect dry skin.
Kimberly L.
Kimberly L.
Dallas, TX
I had a huge acne breakout a month or two after I turned 20 ( I never really suffered from acne throughout high school so it really affected me) I would bother my face and wear makeup all the time, after taking proper care my acne cleared but I had awful scarring covering my entire face, my acne being gone didn't really do anything as it had left a trace. I went to sephora and got a sample of the post acne spot treatment and it worked a miracle in just 1 use! I absolutely swear by it! My skin is almost restored back to its original tone.
Amanda M.
Amanda M.
Elkin, NC
This is an absolute god sent for anyone dealing with hyper pigmentation or post acne scars. It is a gentle product but you must use SPF while using this product so you help make sure you continue to have as directed results. I also know that this is hands down the fastest acting relief you can get over the counter in a store... so try this before you go to a dermatologist and stay faithful to it. Your discoloration didn't get like this over night and it will not go away over night either but stay dedicated and you will love your results.
Cheyenne J.
Cheyenne J.
La Mesa, CA
How does this product work on oily skin
Rika K.
Rika K.
How long does it take for the serum to begin working? Like when does it start lightening the spots?
Tk K.
Tk K.
I've been looking into this line of products! Is it worth the investment. Does this work ?
Brittany A.
Brittany A.
Taftville, CT
Can I get this at sephora?
Stephanie M.
Stephanie M.
Franklin, OH
Does anyone have any recommendations for products for adult acne/anti aging?