Murad InstaMatte Oil-Control Mask uploaded by Brenda C.

BY MURAD

This deep-cleansing, 3-minute mask is formulated to help immediately dissolve excess oil that can lead to breakouts. It helps treat and prevent breakouts while minimizing the appearance of pores. The result is a healthier-looking, matte complexion. It can also be used as a cleanser for daily oil-control.

Benefits: Murad’s proprietary Oil-Control Complex® instantly absorbs excess oil and provides a long-lasting matte finish. Salicylic Acid helps clear and prevent breakouts for a clearer, healthier-looking complexion, while Grapefruit Extract helps tighten the appearance of pores and refresh skin. Combine with Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15 for maximum oil-control.

How to Use: Apply an even layer onto clean skin. Leave on for 3 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with warm water and pat dry. For best results, use at least once a week.

Makeup Tip: Use as a msk on oil-prone areas to create the perfect, matte canvas for foundation application.

Ingredients: Grapefruit Extract - a natural astringent that helps to tone and tighten the appearance of pores while helping to combat oily skin. It's also known for its naturally occurring anti-microbial properties. These unique characteristics make Grapefruit Extract ideal for use in formulations for oily or acne-prone skin.

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%)

Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Lauric Acid, Zinc Lactate, Polysorbate 60, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Synthetic Beeswax, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Panthenol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Jojoba Esters, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Capric Acid, Urea, Yeast Amino Acids, Betaine, Inositol, Taurine, Trehalose, Stearyl Triethoxysilane, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

• how will the effects differ in combination skin?1 Answers
  • How does this feel on oily skin mainly based in the t-zon...1 Answers
  • I have really oily skin and I have yet to find something ...2 Answers
Vicky L.
Arlington, VA
A few months ago my skin was going through a rough phase where I was constantly breaking out despite decent upkeep/skin cleanliness, so I stopped by Sephora to look for a few new product to introduce into my routine and this one was a winner!

I was told to use this sparingly, and more so as a cleanser than a mask and it really works perfectly for me. For references, I have combination skin/oily t-zone/primarily chin and lower-lip acne/sensitive and dry cheeks (my skin is all over the map!). I use it 1-2 times a week in the shower at night, and it really helped improve the overall condition of my skin without being too harsh or drying.
Nicole N.
Hopatcong, NJ
Nooooooope!!!! The girl at Sephora gave me a sample of this product to try and help with my oily skin and I was so excited, I really thought this was going to work, and really wanted it to work but my excitement dissipated very quickly when I put the mask on and started to feel a little bit of a burning, but I stuck it out the three minutes you are supposed to leave it on for, when I did rinse it off my face was beat red, and once I patted my face dry and brushed my teeth I could immediately see little specs of oil coming through on my nose. I do not recommend this product at all!
Maureen L.
baton rouge
I don't use this so much as a mask but as a cleanser in the shower. I haven't seen it make me any more matte than I normally am. The couple of times I've used it as a mask I didn't see any difference either. I also don't like how hard it is to get off the skin. It just seems very "soapy". I do feel it helps with acne though.
Arma A.
Chicago
This mask is the real game changer. Had a bad day when i was all day in pollution sun without any sun protection :'(
pampered my skin in the evening, before going to bed All i see was oily skin, My skin tends to be really sensitive to cleansing again and again, i just splashed some water, pat dried my face and applied this mask. And as soon as i washed my face i was left with a smooth pore less oil free matt skin which lasted till the next day. It does wonders to my skin. Thank god this exists ❤ Murad InstaMatte Oil-Control Mask
Lauren B.
Philadelphia, PA
This truly isn’t meant for your whole face, otherwise you will get a little sting. But that’s ok.. it’s meant for your truly oily parts of your face, like your T zone. I really like how my makeup has been staying bc of this and now slicking down my face. I love the texture of the mask and the smell of it.
Aliyah M.
Saint Louis, MO
I was recommend to use this by a Murad rep. Besides for it's intended purpose, you can follow the directions and once followed, you can massage the product remaining where your blackheads are and it should loosing it up. It worked for me and I was shocked. I enjoyed this product.
Andrea O.
When I want to recover my face, I usually resort to this brand, specifically, his night cream called  Murad Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture , for me it is an unsurpassed SOS and so far it has been the best solution for my skin to go from feeling sad And dried to, fully moistened and wholesome. But today we will not talk about my favorite product of Murad, let's talk about his mask.

My skin was much smoother in the first application, although it was quite matte I did not feel it dry, much less plastified, it was rather shiny and healthy. Immediately after washing my face, I used my moisturizing cream at night, because my skin is dry and it is important to moisturize it after using such an aggressive product.
This mask contains grapefruit, which is a fairly aggressive natural astringent for sensitive skin, although it is also quite beneficial for it. Another component of the InstaMatte Oil-Control Mask is salicylic acid that is frequently used to make surface peels.
For me it is super important to point out that two of its main components help us to clean the pores in a very intense way, that if your skin is fat it is advisable to use it frequently, but if on the contrary, you suffer from dryness, these two components Can shatter your face if you do not handle it with care.
Jacqueline B.
Yuma, AZ
I was a little skeptical about this when the representative at Sephora recommended it to me. I was looking for a face mask that would absorb oil and never found anything that has the effect that this has. When used as a mask, this can be drying but absolutely gets rid of the extra oil on your face. As a cleanser, this works almost as well but is a little less drying. I used it as a cleanser before bed and woke up with a face that still felt clean and oil free which isn't my norm. When using it as a mask it has a little bit of a burning sensation, but it wasn't anything that couldn't be tolerated. I was concerned because I have skin that is easily irritated, but I can say nothing but good things about this product. It immediately made blemishes less noticeable and my foundation applies much smoother than before I used this product.
Tiffany T.
Greensburg, IN
I have ridiculously oily skin at certain times of the month. It is incredibly difficult to manage. I can wash my face and my face will become so oily within a couple of hours that my hand just slides right off my cheek. It's disgusting. This changed that for me dramatically. It definitely helped keep my face from becoming a McDonald's fry station! So grateful!
Erica J.
Plymouth Meeting
I use this after every shower. I find the mask to be #hydrating while still #mattifying my oily face. This was recommended to me by my facialist at #MassageEnvy. But I saw it on sale at #NordstromRack so I will be repurchasing it there for quite a bit of a discounted price. This is the only mask I use on a regular basis. It feels nice and thick but washes is off easily and leaves my oily skin feeling very #clean but not stripped.
Bridget S.
I have really oily skin and I have yet to find something that truly does Matte the skin? Does this really help?
Cassie H.
Charlotte, NC
Ive done a lot of masks that work for a few hours after I use them, controlling the oil and stuff but it seems like as soon as I go to bed and wake up my face is still really oily. Does this work for multiple days/long lasting?
Brooke F.
Hamilton
how will the effects differ in combination skin?
Ethan W.
How does this feel on oily skin mainly based in the t-zone ??
Caitlin R.
RSM, CA
Is this good for dry skin?