BY MURAD #85 in Facial Sunscreen

This is a powerful, antioxidant-rich daily moisturizer that shields and revitalizes environmentally stressed skin. It’s made to protect your skin from UVA/UVB rays and free-radical damage, while improving skin’s radiance, firmness, and elasticity.

Murad Essential-C Day Moisture is suggested for people looking to:

• Protect skin from UVA/UVB rays and sun damage
  • Improve skin’s moisture barrier
  • Preserve hydration all day

Benefits: The increased Vitamin C power and SPF in Essential-C Day Moisture SPF 30 provide powerful protection against environmental and sun damage. Next generation Vitamin C and the Skin Repair System improve radiance, clarity, firmness, and elasticity

How to Use: Every day after cleansing and toning, massage evenly over face, neck and chest. For optimal results, first apply an Environmental Shield treatment.

Ingredients: Ectoin. Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3.00%), Homosalate (6.50%), Octinoxate (7.50%), Octisalate (5.00%), Oxybenzone (2.00%)

Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Butylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Diisopropyl Sebacate, Cocoglycerides, Lauryl Lactate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Isodecyl Neopentanoate , Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetyl Phosphate, Urea, Yeast Amino Acids, Trehalose, Inositol, Taurine, Betaine, Phospholipids, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Pelvetia Canaliculata Extract, Ectoin, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Passiflora Incarnata Extract, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium PCA, Panthenol, Tripleurospermum Maritimum Extract , Zinc Gluconate, Ethyl Linoleate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Aminomethyl Propanol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Limonene*, Linalool*, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Red 33 (CI 17200) *Allergen

• What SPF number does this have? Worth the price? And does...2 Answers
  • Is this lotion good for sensitive acne prone skin? I have...1 Answers
  • I have very oily skin, does this leave your skin oily or ...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "At first it was difficult for me to purchase this product, $60 on an SPF moisturizer.. No thank you! But I gave in and now I'm on my 2nd tube and it is my go to morning moisturizer since I like to use something with SPF during the day. It is a great product and although it is expensive a little goes a long way so it should last you a while. It is hydrating and brightening without being too oily or greasy. It also does absorb quickly which makes it ideal underneath my makeup. " in 48 reviews
  • "I got a travel size of this moisturizer with my beauty points at Sephora and I loved it. It smells good and has SPF which is a must, plus I have really sensitive skin and this didn't irritate my skin at all." in 45 reviews
  • "A little goes a long way and it moisturizes my dry skin." in 2 reviews
  • "I read some of the other reviews and was wondering if people realize that a little Murad products go a long way." in 2 reviews
  • "I applied to both my face and neck and did not break out over the two weeks." in 1 review
Talia V.
New York
I need to rebuy ASAP! It’s the best SPF moisturizer I’ve ever used. It protected and clarified my skin. I didn’t have to wear any makeup. I remember coming indoors after being outside and how clear my skin looked. I couldn’t even see my pores from sweating. People were asking me what I had on my face and I was just crazy about promoting sunscreen that Summer since it worked so well for me!
Breanna H.
I was actually a little hesitant to try this day moisturizer because I tend to get oily throughout the day but I was so pleasantly surprised! This moisturizer feels very lightweight and sinks into the skin quickly. It doesn’t interfere with my primer or makeup at all. The spf 30 is a great added bonus and I will definitely continue using this and will bring this on my tropical vacation. The only thing I don’t really like is the smell because it smells like sunscreen for sure. Other than that, it hasn’t clogged my pores or broke me out at all! I would totally recommended for combo to oily skin!
Shazi L.
Brooklyn, NY
I love this stuff! It doesn’t feel greasy, it blends right in, and it doesn’t leave a weird, white film on my skin! I also adore the smell of it, which is very much fresh and citrusy, and not full of sweet artificiality. I am able to wear a full face of makeup over this and still feel protected. I stumbled upon this after I couldn’t find my favorite Boscia moisturizer with SPF, and I will definitely keep using this one.
Chelsea V.
Ft Walton Bch, FL
I actually gave this to my mom, who wanted a thinner than usual sunscreen, that didn’t run and burn her eyes when she sweat or got in the water.
She texted me the next day asking where to buy it. She said it was thin, rubbed in without feeling greasy and she had no burning in her eyes. As picky as my mom is, that’s a solid 10/10 compliment!!
Maria A.
Tampa, FL
I don’t usually wear sunscreen even though I should. I’m not a fan of the smell. I like this one though, it hasn’t clogged my pores and it’s help with maintaining my skin color. I purchased this along with the Vit C face wash. Vit C is great for anti-aging. Murad Intensive-C Radiance Peel
Jackie S.
Federal way, WA
I got a sample of this in a monthly subscription box. This was the first sunscreen from an actual skincare company. That being said this kept my face moisturized and safe from the sun. I did reapply it a couple times since I wasn’t wearing makeup and I didn’t burn (which I do very easily especially on my cheeks).
I love the fact that it doesn’t feel greasy or like it’s going to clog my pores/ cause acne. It actually feels like something that should be going on my face.
Katherine B.
Los Angeles
If you are looking for a moisturizer with SPF then this is the product you want! Amazing product that not only protects your face from the sun but also from pollution and dirt. The formula is thin enough and not greasy on your skin. Smells fruity! I would love to buy this product again however, once again, Murad products are out of my price range. I do love this product tho, worth the money for glowing skin.
Gabriela M.
Virginia Bch, VA
I recently started using sunscreen for my hyperpigmentation and have used at least 3 others. This came in my murad 30-day lightening kit. I love this sunscreen. It makes your face look dewy. If you don't like that finish I do not suggest purchasing this but I like it a lot. It makes my face feel very protected for the day. I have oily skin and have been using this for about a month and it hasn't clogged my pores like other facial sunscreens do.
Teri W.
Gainesville, FL
This product is just ok. I have very oily skin and this product is very greasy. I bought this a a brightening skin kit. A little goes a long way. This product ran into my eyes and it was burning my eyes. The SPF is only thirty which isn’t that high. I would not repurchase this product.
Haven E.
Raleigh , NC
Perfect moisturizer and sunscreen . I’ve been using Murad products for years and I’ve been very pleased . It applies smoothly and doesn’t give you a greasy look like most face sunscreens . The only reason why I’m not giving it 5 stars is because I like the PCA version a little more .
Megan V.
Is this good for oily skin?
Graciela D.
What SPF number does this have? Worth the price? And does it give flash back in pictures? Does it absorb quickly into skin?
Vanessa M.
Denver , CO
Is this lotion good for sensitive acne prone skin? I have been using the acne moisturizer and it's too drying on my skin.
Binisha B.
Rancho Cordova, CA
I have oily skin and looking for good sunscreen. Is this good for oily skin??
Audrey N.
Saint Paul, MN
I have very oily skin, does this leave your skin oily or does it absorb pretty well? I also get concerned with sunscreen/moisturizers that 'leak' after you've put your makeup on!