BY MURAD

Patented antioxidant-rich cleanser using Vitamins A, C and E neutralize and rehydrate environmentally damaged skin by removing impurities and awakening the senses with a burst of citrus.

Benefits: Antioxidant Vitamins A, C and E neutralize free radicals and other environmental aggressors while Phospholipids bind moisture to the skin. Essential-C Cleanser establishes a well-hydrated foundation for application of a treatment product.

Massage: Massage a small amount over dampened face and neck. Rinse with warm water and pat dry. For optimal results, follow with Essential-C Toner and Essential-C Daily Renewal Complex during the day.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Polysorbate 20, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Panthenol, Phospholipids, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl, Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Chitosan, Rice Amino Acids, Zinc Aspartate, Allantoin, Sodium PCA, Lactose, Cellulose, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Propyl Gallate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Limonene, Linalool, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Ferula Galbaniflua (Galbanum) Resin Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Iron Oxides (CI 77492)

• Is this safe for sensitive skin? Murad Environmental Shie...1 Answers
  • Does anyone know what the exfoliant in this cleanser is m...1 Answers
  • How do you like this brand? I received a sample and can't...1 Answers
Murad Environmental Shield Essential-C Cleanser
  • "I've been using this for over two years and even though I have bought other cleansers during that time to mix it up a little/try new things, I always return back to this. It's great on my dry and sensitive skin, and isn't rough or harsh going on like some other cleansers. Definitely worth the price - especially if you look on Amazon!" in 20 reviews
Lisa F.
Long Beach , NY
I purchased the Environmental shield kit from Ulta for $15. It came with mini samples of the line including the cleanser, the rapid spot remover serum and the moisturizer with SPF. The cleanser is gentle and did have some brightening affect however I prefer Burt's Bees Brightening Daily Facial Cleanser. The serum is very sticky and I find it’s little hard for it to absorb into my skin. After a few days use I did notice some lightening affect on the dark spots/freckles I have on my face. The moisturizer smells amazing but does leave a white cast if you don’t give it time to absorb and don’t rub it into your skin properly. Overall they’re great products and with continued use you will see some great results
Pawsitive B.
Kansas City
So I was originally looking to try a Farmacy Cleanser when I walked into Sephora but after I walked around and couldn't find Farmacy I ran into an old coworker and they were able to show me this brightening cleanser from Murad. I should say that I am normally very drawn to anything that has Vitamin C in it. I love brightening ANYTHING. It truly helps your skin feel super soft and not look so dull or "dirty" when you have fresh clean skin. You can easily wake up in the morning and be okay with how your natural face looks. I was hesitant to try this in a cleanser form though as I normally use Vitamin C in a serum. I didn't know if overdoing it would be possible and so far I have had NO issues. I really like how gentle this cleanser is on my sensitive skin. It doesn't make your skin feel super dry or oily, it genuinely feels very clean afterwards. I use this morning and night time and I think this has to be a new favorite of mine.
lolaloutori2 R.
Fairfax Station, VA
Murad Essential C is a great face wash! It is a gel-like texture with exfoliating beads. My face always rinses fast and feels clean and fresh. I’ve used this along with the Essential C moisturizer on and off for years and it is always dependable- never causes breakouts or redness and my face is sensitive. Definitely recommend. The only reason I don’t use it regularly is the lack of anti-aging properties.
Tray ✨.
This is my go to cleanser for the summer time! It definitely helps protect your skin from environmental aggressors. If I spend too much time out in the sun and my nose starts to look a little red, all I have to do is use this cleanser and the redness immediately goes away and my nose won’t peel at all! It’s amazing and I swear by it. It also smells great and feels great.
Andrea G.
New York
This stuff is incredible. Seriously this contains miracles! I had TERRIBLE scarring from sebaceous acne when I was a teenager. Once I got better control of my skin, I had fairly clear skin but lots of scarring. This stuff changed EVERYTHING. After 6 months of use there’s a HUGE NOTICEABLE difference in my skin and now my skin tone is even! Honestly, give this a real try and change your life.
Ashli M.
St. louis
I love this stuff. I don’t have acne but I do get occasional breakouts and I used to have dark freckles which I have a lot of. But this cleanser evened out my complexion so well, cleared my breakouts, and brightened my dark freckles too. The only thing is that it doesn’t lather well unless u use a lot or with a Clarisonic. Which I used twice daily with my Mia 2
Rachael B.
Lutz,FL
This product was very nice and had a great smell to it. The burst of vitamin c beads in it also helped to wake my skin up in the morning. It ended up not working out for me because my skin started breaking out after using it for a week! Would recommend trying it though
Amanda H.
Greenfield, MA
I found this to just be okay.  I am usually a fan of Murad (their acne spot treatment is the best thing ever) but I wasn't impressed with this cleanser.

It smelled great, easy to use tube.  I didn't feel as if my face was that clean after I used it to wash off my makeup.  It was fine for my morning wash when I had already a mostly clean face, but for my nighttime routine I didn't like it.

I would swipe a bit of witch hazel on a cotton pad over my face after and there would still be makeup residue that had  been left behind.  I would not purchase again.
Jha V.
This is in my Top 5 favorite cleanser. It does what it claims that it gives a radiance boost to your skin whem used with the other Essential C products. I gave it to my sister as a review but ended up dipping into her stash. The only thing is the clear packaging, I wish that they packaged it in a dark container since vitamin c degrades over time with sun exposure. So I make her store it away from the sun. But still will continue to use this product.
Christen H.
Duluth, MN
I love the nice fresh orange scent of this moisturizer its great first thing in the morning! I also like how light this feels on my skin it is perfect for summer or humid environments. Great product with nice hydration.
Ashley B.
Denver, CO
Does anyone know if this product will be discontinued due to the new restrictions in the U.S. concerning micro beads?
Jessica T.
Not only does this smell great, but it works so gently. A little goes a long way and it doesn't over dry my skin or leave it oily. It's just what my skin needed.
Jessica L.
Vancouver, BC
Is this safe for sensitive skin? Murad Environmental Shield Essential-C Cleanser
Xiomara G.
Murad Environmental Shield Essential-C Cleanser How well does this cleanser work for combination skin? What are it's pros and cons? Is it worth the money?
paris g.
Atlanta , GA
Is this a good cleanser for lighting dark spots?

Sephora