BY MURAD

Patented antioxidant-rich cleanser using Vitamins A, C and E neutralize and rehydrate environmentally damaged skin by removing impurities and awakening the senses with a burst of citrus.

Benefits: Antioxidant Vitamins A, C and E neutralize free radicals and other environmental aggressors while Phospholipids bind moisture to the skin. Essential-C Cleanser establishes a well-hydrated foundation for application of a treatment product.

Massage: Massage a small amount over dampened face and neck. Rinse with warm water and pat dry. For optimal results, follow with Essential-C Toner and Essential-C Daily Renewal Complex during the day.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Polysorbate 20, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Panthenol, Phospholipids, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl, Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Chitosan, Rice Amino Acids, Zinc Aspartate, Allantoin, Sodium PCA, Lactose, Cellulose, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Propyl Gallate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Limonene, Linalool, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Ferula Galbaniflua (Galbanum) Resin Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Iron Oxides (CI 77492)

• Does anyone know what the exfoliant in this cleanser is m...1 Answers
  • How do you like this brand? I received a sample and can't...1 Answers
  • Does anyone know if this product will be discontinued due...3 Answers
Murad Environmental Shield Essential-C Cleanser
  • "I've been using this for over two years and even though I have bought other cleansers during that time to mix it up a little/try new things, I always return back to this. It's great on my dry and sensitive skin, and isn't rough or harsh going on like some other cleansers. Definitely worth the price - especially if you look on Amazon!" in 20 reviews
Pawsitive B.
Kansas City
So I was originally looking to try a Farmacy Cleanser when I walked into Sephora but after I walked around and couldn't find Farmacy I ran into an old coworker and they were able to show me this brightening cleanser from Murad. I should say that I am normally very drawn to anything that has Vitamin C in it. I love brightening ANYTHING. It truly helps your skin feel super soft and not look so dull or "dirty" when you have fresh clean skin. You can easily wake up in the morning and be okay with how your natural face looks. I was hesitant to try this in a cleanser form though as I normally use Vitamin C in a serum. I didn't know if overdoing it would be possible and so far I have had NO issues. I really like how gentle this cleanser is on my sensitive skin. It doesn't make your skin feel super dry or oily, it genuinely feels very clean afterwards. I use this morning and night time and I think this has to be a new favorite of mine.
lolaloutori2 R.
Fairfax Station, VA
Murad Essential C is a great face wash! It is a gel-like texture with exfoliating beads. My face always rinses fast and feels clean and fresh. I’ve used this along with the Essential C moisturizer on and off for years and it is always dependable- never causes breakouts or redness and my face is sensitive. Definitely recommend. The only reason I don’t use it regularly is the lack of anti-aging properties.
Tray ✨.
This is my go to cleanser for the summer time! It definitely helps protect your skin from environmental aggressors. If I spend too much time out in the sun and my nose starts to look a little red, all I have to do is use this cleanser and the redness immediately goes away and my nose won’t peel at all! It’s amazing and I swear by it. It also smells great and feels great.
Andrea G.
New York
This stuff is incredible. Seriously this contains miracles! I had TERRIBLE scarring from sebaceous acne when I was a teenager. Once I got better control of my skin, I had fairly clear skin but lots of scarring. This stuff changed EVERYTHING. After 6 months of use there’s a HUGE NOTICEABLE difference in my skin and now my skin tone is even! Honestly, give this a real try and change your life.
Perry B.
San Antonio, TX
I love this cleanser. I spend a lot of time at the gym and outside and I feel like this product really gets in and cleans out my pores. I like to use it with my Clarisonic, but even alone it does the job. It smells citrus-y which is lovely for waking up and feeling fresh. I have repurchased this a few times and will continue to throw it into my routine
Karen K.
San Antonio, TX
I have used the Murad Essential C Cleanser on and off over the last several years and have found it to cleanse my face well and it has a wonderful orange, citrus scent.  It is more expensive than I would normally pay for a cleanser, however, you only need to use a small amount and therefore the bottle lasts a long time.   I would say it is a good basic cleanser, however, as I start to develop more mature, aging skin, I find that it tends to be a bit drying to my skin.  The scent is wonderful, but I will probably not be repurchasing after I finish this bottle as I feel there are other cleanser more suited to my dry skin.
Ashli M.
St. louis
I love this stuff. I don’t have acne but I do get occasional breakouts and I used to have dark freckles which I have a lot of. But this cleanser evened out my complexion so well, cleared my breakouts, and brightened my dark freckles too. The only thing is that it doesn’t lather well unless u use a lot or with a Clarisonic. Which I used twice daily with my Mia 2
Jordan D.
Winter Spgs, FL
Love this cleanser! I use this mainly in the morning in the shower. First of all, this cleanser smells amazing, like oranges! It also makes my skin few great and doesn’t dry it out. The price is a bit higher than other cleansers, but you get quite a bit of product. Will continue to use this cleanser!
Rachael B.
China Grove, NC
This product was very nice and had a great smell to it. The burst of vitamin c beads in it also helped to wake my skin up in the morning. It ended up not working out for me because my skin started breaking out after using it for a week! Would recommend trying it though
Ashley J.
Have been using this product for a couple of months now. The smell is great- citrus but not too over the top. Leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh, however I wouldn’t say this is any better than some of the other products I’ve tried that cost much less. I have dark spots from sun damage and medication and can’t tell any difference after using this. I’ll probably try something different after this.
Ashley B.
Denver, CO
Does anyone know if this product will be discontinued due to the new restrictions in the U.S. concerning micro beads?
Jessica T.
Not only does this smell great, but it works so gently. A little goes a long way and it doesn't over dry my skin or leave it oily. It's just what my skin needed.
Mar W.
Scarborough, ON
Does anyone know what the exfoliant in this cleanser is made of? I can't find anything online about it not containing microbeads. Thanks!
Cristal P.
Stockton, CA
I was wondering if this product would be good for fading dark spots, since I'm currently using their acne line?
Katelyn O.
East Stroudsburg, PA
Is Murad's skincare products recommended??

back