Murad Environmental Shield Essential-C Cleanser

Patented antioxidant-rich cleanser using Vitamins A, C and E neutralize and rehydrate environmentally damaged skin by removing impurities and awakening the senses with a burst of citrus.

Benefits: Antioxidant Vitamins A, C and E neutralize free radicals and other environmental aggressors while Phospholipids bind moisture to the skin. Essential-C Cleanser establishes a well-hydrated foundation for application of a treatment product.

Massage: Massage a small amount over dampened face and neck. Rinse with warm water and pat dry. For optimal results, follow with Essential-C Toner and Essential-C Daily Renewal Complex during the day.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Polysorbate 20, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Panthenol, Phospholipids, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl, Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Chitosan, Rice Amino Acids, Zinc Aspartate, Allantoin, Sodium PCA, Lactose, Cellulose, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Propyl Gallate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Limonene, Linalool, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Ferula Galbaniflua (Galbanum) Resin Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Iron Oxides (CI 77492)

Does this work well with sensitive skin?
Does this help with brightening and hyperpigmentation?
Have anyone had dark spots after using Murad Environmental Shield Essential-C Cleanser ?
Start your review of Murad Environmental Shield Essential-C Cleanser!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“...little/try new things, I always return back to this. It's great on my dry and sensitive skin, and isn't rough or harsh going on like some other cleansers. Definitely worth the price - especially if you look on Amazon!” in 20 reviews
Mc Leansville, NC
I love using this in the morning!! I feel like it just wakes me up with the citrus scent, which I absolutely love!! I have repurchased this many times and will continue to do so!
Youngstown
Murad Environmental Shield Essential-C Cleanser uploaded by Marites E.
I have used to so many cleansers on my face throughout my lifetime and never did I think I would pay more than $30 for a face wash. I tried this as a sample and fell in love with it and I couldn’t resist subscribing to this product because it’s just everything I look for in a cleanser. I love the texture, how it makes my skin feel during and after washing, and the smell. Highly recommend this face wash. Murad Environmental Shield Essential-C Cleanser #facewash #holygrail #cleanser
Combination / Acne, Dullness, Large Pores
Saginaw
Murad Environmental Shield Essential-C Cleanser uploaded by Alicia O.
This cleanser smells like lemons and it makes this face so smoothly with the formula. It’s environmental Sheridan essential sequencer leave skin feeling soft and refresh great to watch a few times a week me use a.m. or p.m. over face and neck to leave skin soft and refreshed I recommend this because it works so well on my skin if you have oily or dry skin it’s great for that
Combination / Blackheads
Pasadena, TX
Murad Environmental Shield Essential-C Cleanser uploaded by Virginia O.
Anything murad is Phenomenal this is by far the best vitamin C cleanser I have ever used. You can see results within the 2 or 3 days use. I highly recommend this cleanser. If you have an even skin tone and want to brighten up your face more this the best cleanser to go and get. This has a citrus Smell like a fresh peeled Orange Wasn't harsh at all on my skin which is sensitive.
Combination / Acne, Large Pores, Redness
Haddon Heights
I was majorly let down by this. The price tag is high but that is meaningless. Whatever is in this facial cleanser it irritated my skin so badly that I broke out in tiny red bumps and patches all over my face and I already deal with redness which I am trying to get away from. So it was negative. It wasn't until I found another cleanser that actually took my makeup off AND reduced redness that I realized this cleanser was aggravating my skin and breaking me out. I do not suggest this facial cleanser if you have sensitive skin or are looking for makeup removal. In fact, I don't suggest this for anyone.
Combination / Puffiness, Redness, Uneven Skin Tone
Kualapuu , HI
This cleanser smelled super good! Especially, if you like citrus:) I have sensitive skin so for me it’s tricky finding good cleansers. After washing my skin felt very refreshed. I followed up with moisturizer. This cleanser did cause dry spots - cheeks and nose area. Knowing my skin, this is usually how I tell if I will continue using or not. Tried it a few more times and same result.
Combination, Sensitive / Blackheads, Large Pores, Puffiness
Covington, GA
I love Murad products! They are right up there with the Derma E brand for me. For Ipsy, this sample size is a great size. It does have a strong scent and I am not crazy about super strong scented cleanser. It did make my face feel clean and refreshed and lathers really well. I do not like it as a cleanser to remove makeup with, but it is great as a barefaced cleanser and an in the shower cleanser. When I use this cleanser, I do not use a vitamin C serum because too much on your skin can cause you to break your skins moisture barrier. Which I have done before and it's horrible.
Dry, Combination / Acne, Blackheads, Dullness
Encino, CA
I received a deluxe sample from Ipsy and have been using this for 2 weeks, alternating between Effaclar in the evenings and this at nights. While my face does feel brighter after washing, I do feel dry (tighter than my face should feel). I tried it with my nighttime routine and dumped it, since even with a 5-minute long wash, couldn’t get rid of my make up residue completely. I also knocked off a star because it contains parfum. While it smells lovely, I prefer that as a body spray instead of in my skincare! I’d say the Effaclar (La Roche Posay) beats this out.
Combination, Sensitive / Acne, Fine Lines
Ambridge , PA
Murad Environmental Shield Essential-C Cleanser uploaded by Michelle M.
I really enjoy this cleanser. The mirobeads gently exfoliate and it also leaves my skin clean without stripping it of moisture. There’s vitamin C in it which helps leave my skin naturally radiant. It also has a light refreshing citrus type scent
Combination / Acne, Dullness, Large Pores
Bernville, PA
Purchased at: ULTA
I love this cleanser soo much! Murad is, in my opinion, one of the best skincare brands out there! My skin has never looked better than after I started using this essential c cleanser. It smells amazing and feels super gentle. It leaves my skin feeling soft and nourished, never dry! I got my first bottle in an ipsy bag, and since then I continue to buy this product. I love it.
Combination / Large Pores, Scarring
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
5 months ago
Tamara F. • 5 months ago
Are you using sunscreen every single day? You need it to protect your skin from UV rays as Vitamin C makes your skin more susceptible to sun damage.
Vancouver, BC
a year ago
Maria P. • a year ago
I would say so! My skin tends to act up sometimes, even break out when new products are introduced. This product hasn’t done that.