BY MURAD #54 in Facial Cleansers

This powerful, daily gel cleanser combats acne and skin breakouts. The medicated formula washes away pore-clogging grime, oil and irritants as it helps treat and prevent acne breakouts. Our face cleanser for acne has a special recipe with time-released medication that remains active for hours, even after rinsing.

The Murad Clarifying Cleanser is suggested for people looking to:

• Help reduce blemishes and breakouts
  • Help reduce back acne
  • Help prevent future breakouts

Benefits: This Murad gel cleanser for acne combats blemishes and skin breakouts. Encapsulated Salicylic Acid continually releases acne treatment for hours, even after rinsing. Green Tea Extract acts as a powerful antioxidant, promoting healthier-looking skin.

How to Use: Massage a small amount of the acne face wash over dampened face and neck. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.

Ingredients: Green Tea -  Current thinking is that the antioxidant polyphenols present in Green Tea act as free-radical scavengers that protect cells against environmental damage and help prevent premature aging. Another class of compounds, xanthines, has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties which may help reduce the severity of a wide range of diseases and conditions.

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 1.5%

Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Urea, Yeast Amino Acids, Trehalose, Inositol, Taurine, Betaine, Methyl Gluceth-20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Silver Citrate, PEG-150 Distearate, Menthol, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 80, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Limonene, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Fragrance (Parfum)

• is this good for sensitive skin?1 Answers
  • I just received my MURAD Voxbox! Which included three pro...2 Answers
  • I've got sensitive+combination skin and a lot of acne pro...3 Answers
Murad Clarifying Cleanser
  • "I can't even say enough good things about this product. While I don't have acne, I do have the occasional breakout and upon trying this product just once before bed one night I had visibly clearer skin the next day. I now use this once a day and rarely have any spots. I have incredibly sensitive skin, but with this it was never an issue. I highly recommend giving this a try." in 105 reviews
Kate M.
Brooklyn, NY
I received this face wash free with my order on Murad.com. I should start out saying that I don't have bad acne-- I get occasionally breakouts in the "hormonal" spots by my chin and I have generally clogged pores. This wash feels really gentle but thorough, and my skin fees refreshed and tingly after. There is some sort of menthol-y ingredient so if you're opposed to a tingly sensation on your face then this is not for you. Overall my skin has been very calm and I do feel like this Wash stops my breakouts before they rise which is great in my book. I haven't had to use much pimple cream lately because the pimple never actually surfaces! Very pleased with this wash and will consider repurchasing once I run out.
Madison R.
Georgetown , ON
Best facial cleanser I have ever used! This has changed my skin. All the little bumps I had are gone and smooth! I use this daily! :D
Naomi O.
One of the best cleansers i have ever used. THIS PRODUCT HAS CHANGED MY SKIN. I use my spin for perfect skin cleansing brush and it works wonders. <333 DEF repurchase
Alyssa B.
I truly have a love/hate relationship with product. I purchased this product to specifically use with my clarisonic. I wanted something that was effective and could be used with my facial brush. It truly worked in the beginning but over time it seemed to stop working. It's ok, but I won't be repurchasing.
Renee C.
Glendale , Ny
I tried so many acne products, from A-Z and doctor to doctor. It went well but when I want to start to reduce the treatment, all the acnes came back and makes my face worse! And I tried this product, whole package for 3 months. I only had the scars. I continued, and took me 8 months to finally have flawless skin. And now, I just uses this facial wash, no more than that! Thank you, Murad!
Nicole H.
Okeechobee, FL
This is by FAR my favorite cleanser of all time! I discovered this while browsing YouTube. I have very dry, acne prone (cystic acne), and sensitive skin. This cleanser has completely changed my skin! The look, the feel, the appearance.... it is so drastic of a difference.

I highly recommend this to anyone with acne prone skin. I can't believe how different it makes my skin look, and it also makes my makeup apply in such a beautiful way.
Dinille G.
This is my top favorite cleanser. It makes my skin feel extra clean and keeps my breakouts at bay. I would recommend to anyone with oily skin. I bought mine at Sephora. Packaging makes it easily to use and store. I think it's perfect and I wouldn't change a thing
Jordan R.
I have bad cystic acne and overal acne in general, I bought this hoping it would work. So far (I've been using it for maybe two weeks so I'm not 100% how much Ilike it or not yet) it hasbeen working alright, I don'treally seem to notice that my acne is goign away. I have a LOT of bumps on my forehead and they just don't seem to be going away. It does ease the pain of my acne some though,as well as really leave aclean feeling to your face most acne washes or face washes in general do not.
Rishi S.
I love this cleanser, its the best I have ever tried! It is very effective, no regrets. It comes in an easy tube, no mess. It was my first time that i had bought it. It has a nice smell to it and recommended to everyone struggling with acne. Murad Clarifying Cleanser
Siomara D.
Southaven, MS
I suffer from huge breakouts. I bought this product at Sephora for I believe $15 to try out. After a once time use I felt the refreshing of the product. My face seems a lot cleaner! For severe breakouts I dab a small amount and leave it overnight or for a few hours. IT GOES AWAY INSTANTLY. My breakout go to! Highly recommend
Shannon Z.
Raleigh, NC
Has anyone tried the whole line of acne products together? What did you think?
Crissy E.
San Antonio , TX
I have combination skin and I was wondering if anyone who has the same skin type as me recommends this product?
Ryan M.
What makes this better than a drugstore cleanser? Is it worth the extra money?
Tita G.
Salem, OR
I really want to try this out. I'm not quite sure if the price is worth it. Do any of you recommend this? Let me know asap loves!
Carly C.
Does this actually do a visible job of reducing pores? I have oily and acne prone skin and was wondering if this would be good for me.