BY MURAD #54 in Facial Cleansers

This powerful, daily gel cleanser combats acne and skin breakouts. The medicated formula washes away pore-clogging grime, oil and irritants as it helps treat and prevent acne breakouts. Our face cleanser for acne has a special recipe with time-released medication that remains active for hours, even after rinsing.

The Murad Clarifying Cleanser is suggested for people looking to:

• Help reduce blemishes and breakouts
  • Help reduce back acne
  • Help prevent future breakouts

Benefits: This Murad gel cleanser for acne combats blemishes and skin breakouts. Encapsulated Salicylic Acid continually releases acne treatment for hours, even after rinsing. Green Tea Extract acts as a powerful antioxidant, promoting healthier-looking skin.

How to Use: Massage a small amount of the acne face wash over dampened face and neck. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.

Ingredients: Green Tea -  Current thinking is that the antioxidant polyphenols present in Green Tea act as free-radical scavengers that protect cells against environmental damage and help prevent premature aging. Another class of compounds, xanthines, has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties which may help reduce the severity of a wide range of diseases and conditions.

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 1.5%

Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Urea, Yeast Amino Acids, Trehalose, Inositol, Taurine, Betaine, Methyl Gluceth-20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Silver Citrate, PEG-150 Distearate, Menthol, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 80, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Limonene, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Fragrance (Parfum)

• is this good for sensitive skin?1 Answers
  • I just received my MURAD Voxbox! Which included three pro...2 Answers
  • I've got sensitive+combination skin and a lot of acne pro...3 Answers
Murad Clarifying Cleanser
  • "I can't even say enough good things about this product. While I don't have acne, I do have the occasional breakout and upon trying this product just once before bed one night I had visibly clearer skin the next day. I now use this once a day and rarely have any spots. I have incredibly sensitive skin, but with this it was never an issue. I highly recommend giving this a try." in 105 reviews
Zach T.
Arnold
At first i thought this product was causing my skin to break out even more but after continuing use, it really cleared up my skin. It basically jusy need to purge everything out first which is why it seems to cause more acne but once you get passed that, the acne is gone.
Lex C.
I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. It’s a bit pricy but worth every penny. Originally I found it on sale so i decided to try it and I have purchased ever since. This helped me clear my breakouts within a few days and kept more from coming back.
Eva K.
This is a fab cleanser that I use almost every day. As its name indicates, this pick helps keep skin clear and – bonus! – also diminishes the appearance of fine lines. After using, skin is balanced, clean and soft. It has salicylic acid to treat and prevent acne, but miraculously doesn’t leave skin parched. It also contains hyaluronic acid, a highly effective moisture-binding compound, which helps your skin retain and attract moisture so it stays hydrated and plump all day.
Siomara D.
Southaven, MS
I suffer from huge breakouts. I bought this product at Sephora for I believe $15 to try out. After a once time use I felt the refreshing of the product. My face seems a lot cleaner! For severe breakouts I dab a small amount and leave it overnight or for a few hours. IT GOES AWAY INSTANTLY. My breakout go to! Highly recommend
Jordan E.
I use this cleanser in the shower after I’ve taken all my make up off. It makes my face feel so clean after. It has also made a huge difference in my breakouts as well. I would defiantly recommend for those who suffer from acne!
Alaina W.
I loved the smell of this cleanser. It was almost alcoholic- like a vodka lemonade. But not in an overpowering way. More freshly scented than anything else. I don't know how accurate this review is considering my limited use of the product, however maybe that will give you more of any idea. I take medicine for acne so any breakout cannot be entirely blamed on a product, but I didn't get the idea that this was helping me at all so I think it's in the back of a drawer somewhere.
Amy C.
Jackson Heights
This cleanser is a keeper. So effective in keeping my skin clear and from breaking out. Normally acne targeting cleansers dry out my skin but this one is not super harsh. Super refreshing after every wash and I highly recommend!
Connie L.
San Ramon , CA
I personally love Murad's lines for acne clearing and skin brightening. For acne, I got the 30-day kit with the smaller sizes just to test if my skin would react well. I have tried a variety of products but Murad was the one that cleared my face! I still get the occasional pimple here and there from the time of month but overall, I feel like using this cleanser helps clear my face. It took about a week or two before I really saw a difference but I would definitely buy it again and in a bigger size! The only negative is that it makes my skin feel a little more dry so make sure to moisturize afterwards. Overall, I would definitely continue using Murad.
Amanda J.
Lexington, KY
The price is worth it! I do not have constant breakouts, but when I wear makeup frequently or around my time of the month my skin is a mess. This is an amazing cleanser that feels refreshing (smells like a lemon drop too!) and combats those breakouts. I do other murad products in conjunction with it to maiintain break outs as needed. The only reason I give a 4 star is I can't use it unless I'm broken out or it will dry my skin (even with moisturizer)
Ashley W.
norwalk, iowa
This is my absolute favorite cleanser. It gets my face feeling very clean and refreshed. It works against blemishes without being too harsh or drying out my skin. I use this cleanser with my Clarisonic and it works very well.
Shannon Z.
Raleigh, NC
Has anyone tried the whole line of acne products together? What did you think?
Crissy E.
San Antonio , TX
I have combination skin and I was wondering if anyone who has the same skin type as me recommends this product?
Ryan M.
What makes this better than a drugstore cleanser? Is it worth the extra money?
Tita G.
Salem, OR
I really want to try this out. I'm not quite sure if the price is worth it. Do any of you recommend this? Let me know asap loves!
Carly C.
Does this actually do a visible job of reducing pores? I have oily and acne prone skin and was wondering if this would be good for me.