BY MURAD #51 in Facial Cleansers

Buy now on Sephora
and get 4.0% CASH BACK with
powered by

This powerful, daily gel cleanser combats acne and skin breakouts. The medicated formula washes away pore-clogging grime, oil and irritants as it helps treat and prevent acne breakouts. Our face cleanser for acne has a special recipe with time-released medication that remains active for hours, even after rinsing.

The Murad Clarifying Cleanser is suggested for people looking to:

• Help reduce blemishes and breakouts
  • Help reduce back acne
  • Help prevent future breakouts

Benefits: This Murad gel cleanser for acne combats blemishes and skin breakouts. Encapsulated Salicylic Acid continually releases acne treatment for hours, even after rinsing. Green Tea Extract acts as a powerful antioxidant, promoting healthier-looking skin.

How to Use: Massage a small amount of the acne face wash over dampened face and neck. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.

Ingredients: Green Tea -  Current thinking is that the antioxidant polyphenols present in Green Tea act as free-radical scavengers that protect cells against environmental damage and help prevent premature aging. Another class of compounds, xanthines, has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties which may help reduce the severity of a wide range of diseases and conditions.

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 1.5%

Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Urea, Yeast Amino Acids, Trehalose, Inositol, Taurine, Betaine, Methyl Gluceth-20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Silver Citrate, PEG-150 Distearate, Menthol, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 80, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Limonene, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Fragrance (Parfum)

• How long did it take for y'all to find results with this ...8 Answers
  • is this good for sensitive skin?2 Answers
  • I just received my MURAD Voxbox! Which included three pro...2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "I can't even say enough good things about this product. While I don't have acne, I do have the occasional breakout and upon trying this product just once before bed one night I had visibly clearer skin the next day. I now use this once a day and rarely have any spots. I have incredibly sensitive skin, but with this it was never an issue. I highly recommend giving this a try." in 105 reviews
Donnita K.
Dearborn
I dont know how Murad and I never met before but I love this face gel cleanser.  It works well with my oily ro combination and acne prone skin. I have sensitive skin too. If I wear makeup or eat too much of bad food or when mother nature come to visit me. .. I have breakouts around my forehead and chin. Since using this cleanser my face has had a significant reduction in acne. I had only one pimple while on my monthly. Some reviews say this product is drying. I have not experienced this. I give my face a double wash in the morning and night.  Afterwards it feel very clean, there is a little tightness, you get a tingling sensation on your skin as you wash and afterward.  After my wash my face is bright, feel very clean, yet soft. With my face being very clean from this product, my following routine products works well. This cleanser leaves no residue on your face. I wipe my face after cleaning with a toner and the cotton ball shows no residue. I tried a luxury brand cleaner that cost $90 and it leaves a residue even after a double wash but this Murad cleanser at half the price does the full job without drying out your face. There is salicylic acid in this product which is a "yes" for me since I am prone to acne. Try this product out if you have oily ro combination skin. It really works well,  keeps my face looking good, healthy and clean. Does not cause increase oil production. This is a staple cleanser.
Katie B.
I recently decided to try this cleanser out since it was 50% off during Ulta's 21 days of beauty event so I got 2 bottles and hoped it would clear up my skin and I could not be happier with the results. Instead of breaking out all the time, my breakouts have now been limited to just that time of the month which I can handle and prepare for. I cannot recommend this product enough. You definitely get high quality and 1 bottle will last about 6 months give or take, I'm still on my 1st bottle and it's been about 4 months and I have lots to go.

I use this only at night before bed followed up with toner, serum, and moisturizer. It did not take long to see results even going through the purging stage. This product is worth full price.

My only problem with it is that the cap does not close. Not sure if it's just the bottle I have so I'll see when I open up the 2nd one if the cap also doesn't shut. At home, it's fine but I went on 2 vacations with this product and it leaked out everywhere and lost a substantial amount of product which is really disappointing. I hope it's just a defect and not a problem with every bottle.
KiiLove K.
Elk Grove Village
I was really excited to try this brand. I ordered the sample kit, but unfortunately, it was way too harsh for my skin. I have acne prone skin and wanted to try something more powerful but I guess this brand is too much for my skin. Or I must be allergic to one of the chemicals they use. I broke out in a rash and had to throw the whole kit away after just a week and a half. At first, I thought that it was just my skin reacting to a new product but the rash was too bad for it to have just been adjusting to a new product. So, if you do decide to buy this brand, and you have sensitive skin, do a test spot first before diving in.
Alysia P.
Bristow, VA
So I received this face wash for free and it was my very first voxbox and I absolutely love it!!!

After washing my face, my skin feels SO fresh! As I mentioned in the video, it feels like my pores are actually breathing lol it's hard to even explain really. I also feel a nice cooling sensation to my skin every time I use it.

Another thing I absolutely love about this cleanser is that when you are putting it on, the ingredients feel so fresh and natural, almost like a tea extract or something. It includes 1.5% salicylic acid which treats acne prone skin.

After using this facial cleanser for the first week, I already notice changes in my skin & acne improvement. My skin looks like it's glowing and all my little bumps are constantly smoothing out!

I am SO GLAD I was able to test out this product because I feel like I finally found something that WORKS for my oily skin! I am so thankful to Influenster for sending this to me for free and really giving me that new glow and smooth skin that I've been searching for for years!
Autumn S.
I use this product especially when I’m oilier and breaking out. I love how this cleanser has a nice fresh minty type feeling after using that always makes my skin feel the most clean! I don’t think this has been too stripping though so that’s good because I don’t like being oily but I don’t like being dry either and it didn’t dry me out. I didn’t buy the full size product I bought a small size during Black Friday just to try and I ended up liking it and I have my boyfriend use it too.
Jacque L.
I was a little skeptical at first since I don’t usually spend more than $10-$15 for a cleanser but I took the chance and it was well worth it!! I used it every morning in my typical skin routine and within two weeks I didn’t have a single red bump on my face and haven’t seen one since. I have combination skin, super oily but also dries out easily so I was super pumped that this product didn’t dry my face out or make it appear super oily. Totally recommend!! Murad Clarifying Cleanser
Melissa H.
Hattiesburg
Love how clean and fresh my skin feels after using this. Just make sure you have a good moisturizer after because it can dry you out. Makes sense as it’s a clarifying cleanser. You get that cool tingling feeling from the acid in it so I know it’s really getting into those pores. If your skin can stand it, I like to let it stay on my face for 30-45 seconds. Just like the way it feels when I do that.
Lisa O.
Canoga Park, CA
I have super sensitive dry skin with an oily t zone and large pores. This is the only face wash I've used that doesn't cause me to break out or itch or dry out my skin like crazy. It leaves your skin feeling super clean and healthy without the overly drying squeeky clean feeling. I use it twice a day and it has been my go to for over a year now. It really helped balance my problem skin
Niki L.
New York
I have combination acne prone skin and was recommended this cleanser. My skin isn’t sensitive whatsoever.. I use straight oils on my face and am fine but this broke me out in hives for the first time in my life along with rough dry patches all over my cheeks so dry I couldn’t leave the house. I’ve never had an experience remotely close to this but I’m done with all Murad products
Michelle H.
Unfortunately this did not work for me
I thought I’d give it a try since it’s always on the top of the list for acne prone cleaner
It made me break out even more, I thought maybe it was going through the “purging” stage so I kept sticking to it, but it kept getting worse, so I switched back to my tea tree cleanser with helped my skin go back to it original state
I really wished it worked for my jawline acne 😞😞😞
Alyssa B.
How is this clarifying cleanser in comparison to Clinique's competing cleanser?
Migdalia O.
Does this product dry out your skin?
keren a.
crowley la
What should I expect from using this ?
Lauren S.
Howell, NJ
How good is this? I have oily/dry combo skin so it's super hard to find a good product to balance my skin type and get rid of acne. Is this too drying?
Brianna R.
Can this product break your skin out? Is it made with natural ingredients?

back