BY MURAD #54 in Facial Cleansers

This powerful, daily gel cleanser combats acne and skin breakouts. The medicated formula washes away pore-clogging grime, oil and irritants as it helps treat and prevent acne breakouts. Our face cleanser for acne has a special recipe with time-released medication that remains active for hours, even after rinsing.

The Murad Clarifying Cleanser is suggested for people looking to:

• Help reduce blemishes and breakouts
  • Help reduce back acne
  • Help prevent future breakouts

Benefits: This Murad gel cleanser for acne combats blemishes and skin breakouts. Encapsulated Salicylic Acid continually releases acne treatment for hours, even after rinsing. Green Tea Extract acts as a powerful antioxidant, promoting healthier-looking skin.

How to Use: Massage a small amount of the acne face wash over dampened face and neck. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.

Ingredients: Green Tea -  Current thinking is that the antioxidant polyphenols present in Green Tea act as free-radical scavengers that protect cells against environmental damage and help prevent premature aging. Another class of compounds, xanthines, has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties which may help reduce the severity of a wide range of diseases and conditions.

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 1.5%

Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Urea, Yeast Amino Acids, Trehalose, Inositol, Taurine, Betaine, Methyl Gluceth-20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Silver Citrate, PEG-150 Distearate, Menthol, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 80, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Limonene, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Fragrance (Parfum)

• is this good for sensitive skin?1 Answers
  • I just received my MURAD Voxbox! Which included three pro...2 Answers
  • I've got sensitive+combination skin and a lot of acne pro...3 Answers
Murad Clarifying Cleanser
  • "I can't even say enough good things about this product. While I don't have acne, I do have the occasional breakout and upon trying this product just once before bed one night I had visibly clearer skin the next day. I now use this once a day and rarely have any spots. I have incredibly sensitive skin, but with this it was never an issue. I highly recommend giving this a try." in 105 reviews
Donnita K.
Dearborn
I dont know how Murad and I never met before but I love this face gel cleanser.  It works well with my oily ro combination and acne prone skin. I have sensitive skin too. If I wear makeup or eat too much of bad food or when mother nature come to visit me. .. I have breakouts around my forehead and chin. Since using this cleanser my face has had a significant reduction in acne. I had only one pimple while on my monthly. Some reviews say this product is drying. I have not experienced this. I give my face a double wash in the morning and night.  Afterwards it feel very clean, there is a little tightness, you get a tingling sensation on your skin as you wash and afterward.  After my wash my face is bright, feel very clean, yet soft. With my face being very clean from this product, my following routine products works well. This cleanser leaves no residue on your face. I wipe my face after cleaning with a toner and the cotton ball shows no residue. I tried a luxury brand cleaner that cost $90 and it leaves a residue even after a double wash but this Murad cleanser at half the price does the full job without drying out your face. There is salicylic acid in this product which is a "yes" for me since I am prone to acne. Try this product out if you have oily ro combination skin. It really works well,  keeps my face looking good, healthy and clean. Does not cause increase oil production. This is a staple cleanser.
miriam t.
New York
For now this product is getting 5 stars until further notice.
Just used this product and first initial thoughts are: there is not smell to the product until it makes contact with the skin. When massaging it to my skin I immediately smelled a hot pepper like smell which wasnt awful. While massaging I started to feel a cooling feeling on my skin. Hopefully this product lives up to its expectations. It's supposed to clear acne and I suffer from them greatly! For now I don't have any weird reactions.

UPDATE: used it again today morning and I noticed that areas that usually get dry on my face got even dryer which is so frustrating. I don't mind applying a moisturizer but I expected this product to be a bit gentle on areas that dont have acne
KiiLove K.
Elk Grove Village
I was really excited to try this brand. I ordered the sample kit, but unfortunately, it was way too harsh for my skin. I have acne prone skin and wanted to try something more powerful but I guess this brand is too much for my skin. Or I must be allergic to one of the chemicals they use. I broke out in a rash and had to throw the whole kit away after just a week and a half. At first, I thought that it was just my skin reacting to a new product but the rash was too bad for it to have just been adjusting to a new product. So, if you do decide to buy this brand, and you have sensitive skin, do a test spot first before diving in.
MaryJane V.
Hayward , CA
A must have for anyone who suffers from break outs.

You get a lot of product in the full size tube. I purchased mine during a Ulta 21 days of beauty for 50% off about a year ago and became obsessed.

I have gone through 3 bottles of this stuff. It’s amazing!!

I use to have very oily acne prone skin and after using this for about a year my skin is a lot less oily and I barely get breakouts now.

It foams up really nice and gives your face a cooling sensation after you wash it off. Gentle on the skin, I used it twice a day and it never dried my skin out of made my skin feel super tight as some other cleansers do.
Alysia P.
Bristow, VA
So I received this face wash for free and it was my very first voxbox and I absolutely love it!!!

After washing my face, my skin feels SO fresh! As I mentioned in the video, it feels like my pores are actually breathing lol it's hard to even explain really. I also feel a nice cooling sensation to my skin every time I use it.

Another thing I absolutely love about this cleanser is that when you are putting it on, the ingredients feel so fresh and natural, almost like a tea extract or something. It includes 1.5% salicylic acid which treats acne prone skin.

After using this facial cleanser for the first week, I already notice changes in my skin & acne improvement. My skin looks like it's glowing and all my little bumps are constantly smoothing out!

I am SO GLAD I was able to test out this product because I feel like I finally found something that WORKS for my oily skin! I am so thankful to Influenster for sending this to me for free and really giving me that new glow and smooth skin that I've been searching for for years!
Autumn S.
I use this product especially when I’m oilier and breaking out. I love how this cleanser has a nice fresh minty type feeling after using that always makes my skin feel the most clean! I don’t think this has been too stripping though so that’s good because I don’t like being oily but I don’t like being dry either and it didn’t dry me out. I didn’t buy the full size product I bought a small size during Black Friday just to try and I ended up liking it and I have my boyfriend use it too.
Ariel K.
Houston
If you struggle with acne then you need this in your life. I used to get really bad cystic acne and this cleanser was a life saver. I still get blemishes because it doesn’t prevent them but it helps to heal them and make them go away quicker. If you have oily skin you will also love this, but if you have dryer skin you may either want to have a really good moisturizer or steer clear of this product. I highly recommend this product
Jacque L.
I was a little skeptical at first since I don’t usually spend more than $10-$15 for a cleanser but I took the chance and it was well worth it!! I used it every morning in my typical skin routine and within two weeks I didn’t have a single red bump on my face and haven’t seen one since. I have combination skin, super oily but also dries out easily so I was super pumped that this product didn’t dry my face out or make it appear super oily. Totally recommend!! Murad Clarifying Cleanser
Kimberly T.
Lafayette
This is the only cleanser I have been able to use in the last seven years. I have very oily skin that is slightly breakout prone and this helps to keep it clear and under control. I have used multiple acne based cleansers trying to find something else that will work (as well all do with most of our products), but every time I do I immediately regret my decision and run out and buy another bottle!
Niki L.
New York
I have combination acne prone skin and was recommended this cleanser. My skin isn’t sensitive whatsoever.. I use straight oils on my face and am fine but this broke me out in hives for the first time in my life along with rough dry patches all over my cheeks so dry I couldn’t leave the house. I’ve never had an experience remotely close to this but I’m done with all Murad products
maureen n.
Fort wayne, IN
does this actually help with breakouts
Krystal P.
Gainesville, FL
I'm looking for a new cleanser and I currently have one of the murad products for exfoliating the skin and it works great just wondering if this product is just as good or if I can buy a cheaper one.
Magan S.
Sacramento, CA
Does this product dry your skin out? I need a good clarifying cleanser to get the dirt and oils out but I have dry skin so I haven't had the best luck finding a product that doesn't make it worse.
Courtney B.
Sprngfld Gdns, NY
How does this compare to Essential-C Cleanser? Has anyone tried both?
Audrey Z.
Orange, CA
Best to use in the morning before makeup or after I wash my face and exfoliate before bed?