BY MURAD

This powerful, daily gel cleanser combats acne and skin breakouts. The medicated formula washes away pore-clogging grime, oil and irritants as it helps treat and prevent acne breakouts. Our face cleanser for acne has a special recipe with time-released medication that remains active for hours, even after rinsing.

The Murad Clarifying Cleanser is suggested for people looking to:

• Help reduce blemishes and breakouts
  • Help reduce back acne
  • Help prevent future breakouts

Benefits: This Murad gel cleanser for acne combats blemishes and skin breakouts. Encapsulated Salicylic Acid continually releases acne treatment for hours, even after rinsing. Green Tea Extract acts as a powerful antioxidant, promoting healthier-looking skin.

How to Use: Massage a small amount of the acne face wash over dampened face and neck. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.

Ingredients: Green Tea -  Current thinking is that the antioxidant polyphenols present in Green Tea act as free-radical scavengers that protect cells against environmental damage and help prevent premature aging. Another class of compounds, xanthines, has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties which may help reduce the severity of a wide range of diseases and conditions.

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 1.5%

Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Urea, Yeast Amino Acids, Trehalose, Inositol, Taurine, Betaine, Methyl Gluceth-20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Silver Citrate, PEG-150 Distearate, Menthol, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 80, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Limonene, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Fragrance (Parfum)

• How long did it take for y'all to find results with this ...8 Answers
  • is this good for sensitive skin?3 Answers
  • I just received my MURAD Voxbox! Which included three pro...2 Answers
Murad Clarifying Cleanser
  • "I can't even say enough good things about this product. While I don't have acne, I do have the occasional breakout and upon trying this product just once before bed one night I had visibly clearer skin the next day. I now use this once a day and rarely have any spots. I have incredibly sensitive skin, but with this it was never an issue. I highly recommend giving this a try." in 105 reviews
Donnita K.
Dearborn
I dont know how Murad and I never met before but I love this face gel cleanser.  It works well with my oily ro combination and acne prone skin. I have sensitive skin too. If I wear makeup or eat too much of bad food or when mother nature come to visit me. .. I have breakouts around my forehead and chin. Since using this cleanser my face has had a significant reduction in acne. I had only one pimple while on my monthly. Some reviews say this product is drying. I have not experienced this. I give my face a double wash in the morning and night.  Afterwards it feel very clean, there is a little tightness, you get a tingling sensation on your skin as you wash and afterward.  After my wash my face is bright, feel very clean, yet soft. With my face being very clean from this product, my following routine products works well. This cleanser leaves no residue on your face. I wipe my face after cleaning with a toner and the cotton ball shows no residue. I tried a luxury brand cleaner that cost $90 and it leaves a residue even after a double wash but this Murad cleanser at half the price does the full job without drying out your face. There is salicylic acid in this product which is a "yes" for me since I am prone to acne. Try this product out if you have oily ro combination skin. It really works well,  keeps my face looking good, healthy and clean. Does not cause increase oil production. This is a staple cleanser.
Elizabeth C.
New Orleans, LA
This cleanser has been quite controversial among me and my friends. For some of them, this cleared up their acne miraculously. For others (like me) it made our lives living hell. Murad has always been such a prestigious brand in my eyes. I’ve seen the infomercials, did my research on the brand, and heard all of the rave reviews from everyone around me. I’ve always had mild to moderate acne, so I thought I would try this cleanser. When I first used it, it felt tingly but I didn’t think anything of it. Whenever I woke up the next day it felt as though I had a sunburn. I looked in the mirror and had hives all over my face and neck! It turns out that this cleanser, as well as a lot of other products in their acne line, contains pure menthol! I did some research online and other people had the same reaction as me. I’ve never been allergic to anything in my life. This was a huge wake up call to me and it took two weeks for the hives to go away. Please proceed with caution, ladies! Do a skin patch test in the store before you purchase. I’m glad this cleanser has cleared up acne for so many people, but unfortunately it has turned into my worst nightmare. Never again!
Courtney H.
Quartz Hill
I really like this face cleanser. My face felt so clean after using it. It wasn't harsh or dry out my skin like most of these types of cleansers. My son felt so clear, bright, and refreshing. It gives a cooling feeling without it burning, so it wakes me up. It does help my acne and keep it under control.
Jacque L.
I was a little skeptical at first since I don’t usually spend more than $10-$15 for a cleanser but I took the chance and it was well worth it!! I used it every morning in my typical skin routine and within two weeks I didn’t have a single red bump on my face and haven’t seen one since. I have combination skin, super oily but also dries out easily so I was super pumped that this product didn’t dry my face out or make it appear super oily. Totally recommend!! Murad Clarifying Cleanser
Madeline L.
This cleanser does it all. I like using it at night before going to sleep. Sometimes when I’m too lazy to remove my makeup, I wash it off using this cleanser. It really gets deep into the skin leaving a feeling of freshness. It has improved my harsh pigmentation & has controlled my excessive oil that seeps through my T-Zone. Most cleansers that are to combat acne are very drying or harsh on my sensitive skin, but this cleanser is very gentle. I squirt out a small dot onto my finger & that is enough. It lathers well creating foam. I will say it’s a little on the pricier side but well worth it! One bottle will last you a long time!
Gabi W.
I picked up the Murad Cleanser on recommendation from a friend who also has acne-prone skin. It retails for $30 at Sephora which is a little pricey, however I'm a firm believer that skincare is worth splurging on, so I picked it up. My biggest issue with cleanser for acne-prone skin is that it strips my oily/combo skin of all moisture. However, that's not the issue I have with this cleanser. Whenever I wash my face with it, my skin is left soft and supple, ready for moisturizer but not dying of thirst. It isn't the type of cleanser that does away with blemishes overnight but more so, a cleanser that works to kill acne forming bacteria and dirt under/in the skin. The best results are seen with continual use and I would definitely recommend trying it out if you're looking for a new cleanser to combat breakouts.
Mariam H.
Austin
Absolutely great for acne prone skin. Gets rid of acne and blemishes very quick. This is a bit harsh on sensitive skin so best if used not too often and used only when breakouts occur. Since this has salicylic acid it cannot be used while pregnant or breastfeeding.
Bri L.
This did get rid of my acne within the first 2-3 days of using it. After using it for a week my face was became dry. I decided to use it once a day instead of twice a day and my face got even drier after 2 weeks and it became extremely sensitive. My face has never been sensitive with other products, that said i wouldn’t recommend this for people with sensitive skin.
Shauna N.
Stratford
I have oily, acne prone skin. This cleanser definitely dries out current acne, but after using it for almost a month it doesn't seem to help prevent new breakouts our diminish how bad the breakouts get. It also doesn't seem to do much for blackheads. When I use it I lather it on my face and before rinsing it off thoroughly I gently exfoliate my skin with a facial buffer.
Barbie K.
Easton, PA
I just got this cleanser 2 weeks ago and I had really bad acne on my face. My face would hurt and turn really red. I would scratch it and it would leave acne scars behind. Now that I’ve been using this, my acne has been faded away and is slowly healing my skin. This is really good because anyone can use it from a young age. Murad is a good brand so I definitely recommend this to anyone.
Shannon Z.
Raleigh, NC
Has anyone tried the whole line of acne products together? What did you think?
Aiden U.
How long did it take for y'all to find results with this product?
Crissy E.
San Antonio , TX
I have combination skin and I was wondering if anyone who has the same skin type as me recommends this product?
Carly C.
Does this actually do a visible job of reducing pores? I have oily and acne prone skin and was wondering if this would be good for me.
Ryan M.
What makes this better than a drugstore cleanser? Is it worth the extra money?

Sephora