BY MURAD #62 in Facial Cleansers

This powerful, daily gel cleanser combats acne and skin breakouts. The medicated formula washes away pore-clogging grime, oil and irritants as it helps treat and prevent acne breakouts. Our face cleanser for acne has a special recipe with time-released medication that remains active for hours, even after rinsing.

The Murad Clarifying Cleanser is suggested for people looking to:

• Help reduce blemishes and breakouts
  • Help reduce back acne
  • Help prevent future breakouts

Benefits: This Murad gel cleanser for acne combats blemishes and skin breakouts. Encapsulated Salicylic Acid continually releases acne treatment for hours, even after rinsing. Green Tea Extract acts as a powerful antioxidant, promoting healthier-looking skin.

How to Use: Massage a small amount of the acne face wash over dampened face and neck. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.

Ingredients: Green Tea -  Current thinking is that the antioxidant polyphenols present in Green Tea act as free-radical scavengers that protect cells against environmental damage and help prevent premature aging. Another class of compounds, xanthines, has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties which may help reduce the severity of a wide range of diseases and conditions.

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 1.5%

Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Urea, Yeast Amino Acids, Trehalose, Inositol, Taurine, Betaine, Methyl Gluceth-20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Silver Citrate, PEG-150 Distearate, Menthol, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 80, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Limonene, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Fragrance (Parfum)

• How long did it take for y'all to find results with this ...8 Answers
  • is this good for sensitive skin?2 Answers
  • I just received my MURAD Voxbox! Which included three pro...2 Answers
Murad Clarifying Cleanser
  • "I can't even say enough good things about this product. While I don't have acne, I do have the occasional breakout and upon trying this product just once before bed one night I had visibly clearer skin the next day. I now use this once a day and rarely have any spots. I have incredibly sensitive skin, but with this it was never an issue. I highly recommend giving this a try." in 105 reviews
Donnita K.
Dearborn
I dont know how Murad and I never met before but I love this face gel cleanser.  It works well with my oily ro combination and acne prone skin. I have sensitive skin too. If I wear makeup or eat too much of bad food or when mother nature come to visit me. .. I have breakouts around my forehead and chin. Since using this cleanser my face has had a significant reduction in acne. I had only one pimple while on my monthly. Some reviews say this product is drying. I have not experienced this. I give my face a double wash in the morning and night.  Afterwards it feel very clean, there is a little tightness, you get a tingling sensation on your skin as you wash and afterward.  After my wash my face is bright, feel very clean, yet soft. With my face being very clean from this product, my following routine products works well. This cleanser leaves no residue on your face. I wipe my face after cleaning with a toner and the cotton ball shows no residue. I tried a luxury brand cleaner that cost $90 and it leaves a residue even after a double wash but this Murad cleanser at half the price does the full job without drying out your face. There is salicylic acid in this product which is a "yes" for me since I am prone to acne. Try this product out if you have oily ro combination skin. It really works well,  keeps my face looking good, healthy and clean. Does not cause increase oil production. This is a staple cleanser.
Gabi W.
I picked up the Murad Cleanser on recommendation from a friend who also has acne-prone skin. It retails for $30 at Sephora which is a little pricey, however I'm a firm believer that skincare is worth splurging on, so I picked it up. My biggest issue with cleanser for acne-prone skin is that it strips my oily/combo skin of all moisture. However, that's not the issue I have with this cleanser. Whenever I wash my face with it, my skin is left soft and supple, ready for moisturizer but not dying of thirst. It isn't the type of cleanser that does away with blemishes overnight but more so, a cleanser that works to kill acne forming bacteria and dirt under/in the skin. The best results are seen with continual use and I would definitely recommend trying it out if you're looking for a new cleanser to combat breakouts.
Katie B.
I recently decided to try this cleanser out since it was 50% off during Ulta's 21 days of beauty event so I got 2 bottles and hoped it would clear up my skin and I could not be happier with the results. Instead of breaking out all the time, my breakouts have now been limited to just that time of the month which I can handle and prepare for. I cannot recommend this product enough. You definitely get high quality and 1 bottle will last about 6 months give or take, I'm still on my 1st bottle and it's been about 4 months and I have lots to go.

I use this only at night before bed followed up with toner, serum, and moisturizer. It did not take long to see results even going through the purging stage. This product is worth full price.

My only problem with it is that the cap does not close. Not sure if it's just the bottle I have so I'll see when I open up the 2nd one if the cap also doesn't shut. At home, it's fine but I went on 2 vacations with this product and it leaked out everywhere and lost a substantial amount of product which is really disappointing. I hope it's just a defect and not a problem with every bottle.
Elizabeth C.
New Orleans, LA
This cleanser has been quite controversial among me and my friends. For some of them, this cleared up their acne miraculously. For others (like me) it made our lives living hell. Murad has always been such a prestigious brand in my eyes. I’ve seen the infomercials, did my research on the brand, and heard all of the rave reviews from everyone around me. I’ve always had mild to moderate acne, so I thought I would try this cleanser. When I first used it, it felt tingly but I didn’t think anything of it. Whenever I woke up the next day it felt as though I had a sunburn. I looked in the mirror and had hives all over my face and neck! It turns out that this cleanser, as well as a lot of other products in their acne line, contains pure menthol! I did some research online and other people had the same reaction as me. I’ve never been allergic to anything in my life. This was a huge wake up call to me and it took two weeks for the hives to go away. Please proceed with caution, ladies! Do a skin patch test in the store before you purchase. I’m glad this cleanser has cleared up acne for so many people, but unfortunately it has turned into my worst nightmare. Never again!
Courtney H.
Quartz Hill
I really like this face cleanser. My face felt so clean after using it. It wasn't harsh or dry out my skin like most of these types of cleansers. My son felt so clear, bright, and refreshing. It gives a cooling feeling without it burning, so it wakes me up. It does help my acne and keep it under control.
Jacque L.
I was a little skeptical at first since I don’t usually spend more than $10-$15 for a cleanser but I took the chance and it was well worth it!! I used it every morning in my typical skin routine and within two weeks I didn’t have a single red bump on my face and haven’t seen one since. I have combination skin, super oily but also dries out easily so I was super pumped that this product didn’t dry my face out or make it appear super oily. Totally recommend!! Murad Clarifying Cleanser
Melissa H.
Hattiesburg
Love how clean and fresh my skin feels after using this. Just make sure you have a good moisturizer after because it can dry you out. Makes sense as it’s a clarifying cleanser. You get that cool tingling feeling from the acid in it so I know it’s really getting into those pores. If your skin can stand it, I like to let it stay on my face for 30-45 seconds. Just like the way it feels when I do that.
Lisa O.
Canoga Park, CA
I have super sensitive dry skin with an oily t zone and large pores. This is the only face wash I've used that doesn't cause me to break out or itch or dry out my skin like crazy. It leaves your skin feeling super clean and healthy without the overly drying squeeky clean feeling. I use it twice a day and it has been my go to for over a year now. It really helped balance my problem skin
Madeline L.
This cleanser does it all. I like using it at night before going to sleep. Sometimes when I’m too lazy to remove my makeup, I wash it off using this cleanser. It really gets deep into the skin leaving a feeling of freshness. It has improved my harsh pigmentation & has controlled my excessive oil that seeps through my T-Zone. Most cleansers that are to combat acne are very drying or harsh on my sensitive skin, but this cleanser is very gentle. I squirt out a small dot onto my finger & that is enough. It lathers well creating foam. I will say it’s a little on the pricier side but well worth it! One bottle will last you a long time!
Michelle H.
Unfortunately this did not work for me
I thought I’d give it a try since it’s always on the top of the list for acne prone cleaner
It made me break out even more, I thought maybe it was going through the “purging” stage so I kept sticking to it, but it kept getting worse, so I switched back to my tea tree cleanser with helped my skin go back to it original state
I really wished it worked for my jawline acne 😞😞😞
Shannon Z.
Raleigh, NC
Has anyone tried the whole line of acne products together? What did you think?
Aiden U.
How long did it take for y'all to find results with this product?
Crissy E.
San Antonio , TX
I have combination skin and I was wondering if anyone who has the same skin type as me recommends this product?
Ryan M.
What makes this better than a drugstore cleanser? Is it worth the extra money?
Tita G.
Salem, OR
I really want to try this out. I'm not quite sure if the price is worth it. Do any of you recommend this? Let me know asap loves!

back