BY MURAD #31 in Facial Cleansers

This powerful gel cleanser combats acne and skin breakouts. The rich lather strips away pore-clogging grime, oil and irritants as it helps treat and prevent acne breakouts with time-released medication that remains active for hours, even after rinsing.

• Dermatologist Developed
  • Tested on people, not animals.
  • This product is free of parabens.

HOW TO USE: Massage a small amount over dampened face and neck. Rinse with warm water and pat dry. Follow with your favorite acne treatment and moisturizer.

Kate M.
Kate M.
Brooklyn, NY
I received this face wash free with my order on Murad.com. I should start out saying that I don't have bad acne-- I get occasionally breakouts in the "hormonal" spots by my chin and I have generally clogged pores. This wash feels really gentle but thorough, and my skin fees refreshed and tingly after. There is some sort of menthol-y ingredient so if you're opposed to a tingly sensation on your face then this is not for you. Overall my skin has been very calm and I do feel like this Wash stops my breakouts before they rise which is great in my book. I haven't had to use much pimple cream lately because the pimple never actually surfaces! Very pleased with this wash and will consider repurchasing once I run out.
Eka K.
Eka K.
West Palm Beach, FL
I had really bad acne on my forehead and cheeks before I started using this and I was going to use Proactive but someone told me the chemicals are really harsh in that product so I got the starter pack for Murad's acne line and I've never been happier with my skin. I just rub it into my skin and rinse it off with water and my skin feels so refreshed and clean. I have oily skin and this product doesn't help it become matte but it doesn't make my skin oily either. I have very oily skin so after I wash my face it's matte but becomes oily about an hour or so after. I overall love this clenser though and I haven't bought anything else.
Jordan H.
Jordan H.
This is a great product for my acne prone skin--it's gentle yet manages my acne quite well, and it has some claims about keeping your skin clean all day. I enjoy they scent (lightly citrus & soapy), and you get quite a bit. The only thing I dislike is the price, so if you're interested in trying this face wash I would wait for a sale. You can buy it directly from Murad (they email coupons frequently) or at Ulta/Sephora. I got mine during Ulta's sale for half the regular price. Though I do love this product, I probably won't repurchase unless it is discounted because I can find other comparable things at the drugstore, I feel.
Danielle B.
Danielle B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I can not say enough about this product! Absolute must have for acne sufferers! Have a cooling sensation that is deep cleaning your pores out then hits you with a mint fragrances that's toning your face. You only need a dome size amount and it goes along way, retails in most stores for $18 and is worth the money go buy it now! The formulation of the two acids used in allows maximum impact without overdrying and irritating like most acne washes. Clearers up skin quick and efficiently and keeps it clean! I constantly sold this to my customers at Sephora and still use it to this day on my acne facial in my spa!
Noha A.
Noha A.
Cleveland, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
I came across it in the travel size aisles of Ulta, and my desperate breakout-filled-face was instantly drawn to it. At that point, I was willing to try anything; and with it, finally something worked. This works as the ideal breakout-prone-skin cleanser. It helps clear out breakouts while also improve your skin’s overall texture. I don’t know how to explain it, but it’s almost as though I can feel this stuff disinfecting my skin and eliminating the bacteria: is that weird? This stuff will basically leave you with the cleanest feeling skin you’ll ever experience. I sense holy grain status!
Bailey M.
Bailey M.
Grand Jct, CO
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was so excited to try this cleanser because I had heard great things! I have semi-sensitive skin, but I was told by a worker at Ulta that this cleanser was mild enough to treat my skin. After one day's use, my entire face was broken out in a horrible rash. It was very bumpy and red. I had never had a rash like that before, and I've tried some harsh stuff. It went away after about 3 days of not using any product whatsoever on my face. This stuff works great for some people, but I would recommend testing it out on a small patch before using it on your entire face.
Michelle K.
Michelle K.
Sterling Hts, MI
I bought 6 of them when Ulta was having a sale. I've heard so many good things about this product and one of beauty youtubers I follow talked about this so I knew this is a amazing product! I have sensitive and acne prone skin and when I start using this cleanser in the morning and at night, my face started to look better. However, now that my skin got used to this product that it doesn't work as good as it did before but I still use it religiously and I'm planning on taking this when I go on a month long vacation!
Tristen G.
Tristen G.
Thibodaux, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This has been my favorite cleanser for a while. I purchase this product at Ulta and although it is a little pricey, it works well for me. They give you a ton of product, so it lasts a long time. I have tried many different cleansers and this one really was the only one to get rid of the majority of my acne and blemishes. I have sensitive and dry skin, but using this product doesn't really mess my skin up. Every now and then I will get a bit of dry skin but as long as I moisturize after cleansing it's fine.
Allie Kay B.
Allie Kay B.
Salem, OR
I'm 23 years old and have very oily and acne prone skin. I have tried just about every drug store acne cleaners and they all either made my skin extreme dry or broke me out even more. I heard about this product and bite the bullet and bought this. I have been using it for about 3 months and it has been the best thing I have ever bought. The price is a little on the high side. But it has helped my skin so much and helps with break outs and helps prevent them. I don't think I'll be using any other cleaners.
kate m.
kate m.
Brooklyn, NY
This cleanser is great. I actually got a free bottle when I ordered through Murad.com and wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised. The gel isn't too foamy but leaves your skin feeling super clean and hydrated. I don't really get that tight, uncomfortable feeling after using this cleanser. It also leaves your skin a little tingly after which I love. I have combination skin too and it feels balanced and fresh after. My breakouts have also calmed. Great product, as with most Murad has to offer.
Shannon Z.
Shannon Z.
Wilmington, NC
Has anyone tried the whole line of acne products together? What did you think?
Crissy E.
Crissy E.
San Antonio , TX
I have combination skin and I was wondering if anyone who has the same skin type as me recommends this product?
Carly C.
Carly C.
Arlington, VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this actually do a visible job of reducing pores? I have oily and acne prone skin and was wondering if this would be good for me.
Catelyn W.
Catelyn W.
Does this help acne? If so, how long after use do you see results in your skin after using it?
Ryan M.
Ryan M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
What makes this better than a drugstore cleanser? Is it worth the extra money?