Murad Clarifying Cleanser

This powerful, daily gel cleanser combats acne and skin breakouts. The medicated formula washes away pore-clogging grime, oil and irritants as it helps treat and prevent acne breakouts. Our face cleanser for acne has a special recipe with time-released medication that remains active for hours, even after rinsing.

The Murad Clarifying Cleanser is suggested for people looking to:

• Help reduce blemishes and breakouts
  • Help reduce back acne
  • Help prevent future breakouts

Benefits: This Murad gel cleanser for acne combats blemishes and skin breakouts. Encapsulated Salicylic Acid continually releases acne treatment for hours, even after rinsing. Green Tea Extract acts as a powerful antioxidant, promoting healthier-looking skin.

How to Use: Massage a small amount of the acne face wash over dampened face and neck. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.

Ingredients: Green Tea -  Current thinking is that the antioxidant polyphenols present in Green Tea act as free-radical scavengers that protect cells against environmental damage and help prevent premature aging. Another class of compounds, xanthines, has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties which may help reduce the severity of a wide range of diseases and conditions.

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 1.5%

Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Urea, Yeast Amino Acids, Trehalose, Inositol, Taurine, Betaine, Methyl Gluceth-20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Silver Citrate, PEG-150 Distearate, Menthol, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 80, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Limonene, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Fragrance (Parfum)

What is your favorite cleanser for acne prone skin?
doors anyone else love this product for acne controlMurad Clarifying Cleanser ?
How does this compare to The INKEY List Salicylic Acid Cleanser? Which one is better?
Start your review of Murad Clarifying Cleanser!
Product Highlights
...now use this once a day and rarely have any spots. I have incredibly sensitive skin, but with this it was never an issue. I highly recommend giving this a try.in reviews
Samantha P.
Ft Montgomery, NY
Murad Clarifying Cleanser uploaded by Samantha P.
This cleanser really helped with my acne issues. Since I started wearing a mask my skin took a turn for the worse and I started to get cystic acne. This cleanser helped dry out my acne patches and a little goes a long way! The results in the photo are from use of the cleanser, the treatment and the scarring treatment for three weeks!
Rihana C.
Everett, WA
Murad Clarifying Cleanser uploaded by Rihana C.
I don't use acne wash all the time, just when I feel a breakout coming on. Otherwise, it's too much for my skin, and it actually exacerbates my breakouts. I got this in a beauty bag and had run out of my usual acne wash when I felt my skin breaking out, so I decided to use it. It has salicylic acid in it, which I find is less effective for my breakouts than benzoyl peroxide. I didn't find it to be super drying (unlike a lot of acne washes), which is good, but I also didn't find it to be super effective, which is bad. And while it's not as drying as other washes I've tried, it's still drying. It has a much more pleasant scent than a lot of acne washes, though, light and citrusy. It doesn't really help blackheads, either, I've found. So basically, it smells good and doesn't do much else for me besides maybe dry out my skin a little. I usually give products like that 3 stars (2 and below is for if they are extravagantly expensive and/or actually harm me). So overall, it was harmless, but a waste of time. My breakout resolved, but not any faster than it would have on its own.
Swati  B.
Cumming, GA
Murad Clarifying Cleanser uploaded by Swati  B.
This is an amazing product. I am using it for last one week. With in this short time frame I can notice the difference. My severe acne is getting reduced. Leaving a clear and bright skin. This product is highly recommended. 😍😍
Jolie D.
Arlington, VA
2,275 reviews
Murad Clarifying Cleanser uploaded by Jolie D.
Purchased at: Sephora
This is a clarifying cleanser from Murad, it retails for $26.00. It is an extra-strength acne solution that treats existing pimples and works to prevent new ones from forming. This acne cleansers, like many can be drying with daily use. I would never use this more than once a day. This is loaded with irritating ingredients, the oils have antibacterial properties but can be irritating. The salicylic acid, which works to loosen and pull away excess sebum. Another active ingredient in this cleanser is triclosan, which works to destroy the bacteria that allow pimples to form. It also has irritating menthol. This works for me, I would be cautious if you are sensitive. The gel comes in a large bottle and it takes me almost 4 months to use it all.
Ibayar P.
Murad Clarifying Cleanser uploaded by Ibayar P.
I love this product! I have oily-combo skin and it leave my skin not feeling oily after using it. I highly recommend for acne prone or oily-combo skin!!
CANDICE C.
Astoria, NY
Murad Clarifying Cleanser uploaded by CANDICE C.
I am obsessed with This cleanser. My skin has been breaking out from the summer heat and the cleanser does what it claims which is that it has time to released SALICYLIC acid. I feel like this works continuously and has cleared up my face in three days  Murad Clarifying Cleanser
Karina R.
Mckinney, TX
Murad Clarifying Cleanser uploaded by Karina R.
I totally recommend this product! I dont have much acne but when I get a rash, I wash my face at night and the next day my skin looks like new! I got this in an Ipsy bag and when I ran out, I will buy it for surr ☺️
Ani U.
Daly City, CA
Murad Clarifying Cleanser uploaded by Ani U.
I love this acne clarifying cleanser from Murad. It really helps my acne and reduces blemishes. It has a nice jelly-like formula that is very light and easy on the skin. This cleanser is superb in fighting with the acne. Highly recommend it!
Zoee S.
Old Hickory, TN
Murad Clarifying Cleanser uploaded by Zoee S.
Purchased at: ULTA
It did a great job at cleansing the face. It does what it says it does. But my skin is sensitive, so when something is meant for deep cleanings it can irritate my skin a little which this did. After moisturizing and a serum it’s fine but be wary for sensitive skin user.
Rocio  R.
Tooele, UT
Murad Clarifying Cleanser uploaded by Rocio  R.
Been using this for the past month and I love it!! My skin feels so refreshed and clean afterwards. I highly recommend it :)

148 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Alexa M.
gilbertsville
Swati B. il y a 10 mois
This is really good product to control acne .
Kameron H.
Huntsville, AL
Blagovesta L. il y a 6 mois
It outperforms it in my opinion. I really wanted to like the Inkey list as much as I like this one, because it’s cheaper but it didn’t give me the same results. Murad is a little bit more drying though, so I can’t use it daily for too long but I usually don’t need to as it clears out my breakouts in a couple of days.
Miranda L.
Miranda L. il y a un an
👇Tagged are products I want to incorporate into my skincare routines. Let me know if you use(d) them, and you thoughts ☺️
Arlinda Z.
Woodbridge, ON
il y a un an
Murad Clarifying Cleanser ? Recomendseian este prodcuto? Porque ami me.dejo mi cara terrible de irritada las leo chicas
Alyssa V. il y a un an
This is one of my "must-have" products. I use it every few days especially when I notice my skin acting up from hormonal breakouts. I've used similar cleansers but this is the absolute best for my combination skin. I just have to make sure that a good moisturizer is used because it can be drying. Hope this helps!
Arlinda Z.
Woodbridge, ON
il y a un an
Murad Clarifying Cleanser ? A quien mas este producto le causo irritsbilidad en la cara?
Jixa P.
Sn Bernrdno, CA
Amanda S. il y a un an
I love this and I have very oily skin in the hotter, more humid spring and summer months, with combo skin the rest of the time. I use this all year long. It’s one of my favs. I actually just finished it and trying the Murad essential c cleanser. It’s okay.
Jenny S.
Nashville, TN
Ashlee C. il y a un an
I mix my routine up depending on my skins concerns that day or week. But I also LOVE Murad products. Almost all of my skincare is just that.
Triscelle C.
Brooklyn
Cassie N. il y a un an
I use murad for acne it works best for that.