BY MURAD #63 in Face Serums

Fast-acting treatment featuring Hydroquinone fades dark spots, age spots, and freckles. Our skin-lightening serum also evens out skin tone to reveal a clearer, brighter complexion while helping prevent future pigment formation.

Our Hydroquinone serum is suggested for people looking to:

• Fade age spots
  • Lighten dark spots
  • Even skin tone
  • Obtain smoother skin

Benefits: Patented formula combines the most powerful skin lightening ingredient at the highest level available without a prescription with a targeted skin-brightening blend to correct unwanted discoloration and protect against future damage.

How to Use: Massage evenly over clean face, neck and chest. Follow with a Murad Step 3 moisturizer.

Ingredients: Glycolic Acid - Sugar cane is the surprising source of the Glycolic Acid used in Dr. Murad’s formulas. Glycolic is a member of a class of naturally occurring substances called Alpha-Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) that have been used to refresh complexions since Cleopatra took her first milk bath. AHA’s exfoliate by loosening the bonds that bind dulling dead cells to skin’s surface

Active Ingredient: Hydroquinone (2.0%)

Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Alcohol Denat., Glycolic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Methyl Gluceth-10, Dextran, Hexapeptide-2, Rice Amino Acids, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Urea, Yeast Amino Acids, Trehalose, Inositol, Taurine, Betaine, Zinc Gluconate, Ascorbic Acid, Chitosan, Propyl Gallate, Nonoxynol-10, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Chitosan PCA, Allantoin, Polyquaternium-10, Sodium Metabisulfite, Sodium Sulfite, Sodium Hydroxide, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Limonene*, Linalool*, Fragrance (Parfum) * Allergen

• Did anyone else get an ugly rash from this?9 Answers
  • It lists that it has glycolic acid but it does not includ...1 Answers
  • Does this really works? It fades dark spots?Murad Age Spo...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "It's gentle enough that it doesn't dry out my skin while using it everyday." in 1 review
  • "I woke up the next morning with horrible rashes in those spots!" in 1 review
Missy A.
Knoxville, TN
I had heard of Murad but had never tried their products before. I can across this serum one day for a really really good price & bought the only 2 bottles they had left, 1 for me & 1 for my daughter. My daughter had tried everything to lighten her acne scarring, masks, creams, peels, scrubs, I even took her to a dermatologist & paid for expensive prescriptions but none of it made much of a difference on her skin. I gave her this & told her to try it for awhile to see how it did but neither of us expected much since so far nothing else had worked. After about a week we started noticing a slight improvement in the amount of redness on her skin so she kept using it religiously since it was the first product that had given her any hope. We both kept noticing improvements in her skin over the next couple months but it wasn't until I was scrolling through pics on my phone & found one of her & her friends from 3 months before that I realized just how huge of a difference this serum had made, even she was shocked when I showed her! She had red acne scarring that looked like a constant sunburn on at least 60% of her face when I gave her the bottle of Murad, with in just a couple months not only was the majority of it gone her face looked like it had never been there! This is by far the most amazing product I've ever seen for acne scarring & dark spots!
Talley C.
Augusta, GA
I feel like I should be the poster child for this serum, it has done wonders for my skin. I grew up in South Florida and was horrible about wearing sunscreen, so at 25 I am dealing with hyper pigmentation. I also have some pretty bad acne scars from popping pimples too. I began using this serum two months ago in conjunction with retinol, microneedling, and alpha/beta-hydroxy acids. My skin has done a complete 180 since starting this regimen. My skin tone is much more even. Combined with "active" skin care (that increases cell turnover) this serum will work its magic. Alone, I believe it would do the same although the results might not be so dramatic. WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANYONE!

Hydroquinone seems to be a controversial product, but it really does work. If you dive into the literature on it, all of the adverse effects were found in people who had used this at prescription strength (10%) for many many months to years. This serum is only 2% so the risk of ochronosis is negligible if you are trying to treat hyperpigmentation specifically.
Jessica S.
Houston
The best dark spot lightening serum!!! Before this i've tried another products to help my skin get rid of the dark spots, is not that my skin is very bad, but i suffer from hormonal acne once a month when i get my period, and i know i should not touch the pimples, but i get very anxious and that's the reason why i have been left with marks on my face, so for a long time i've tried to find a product that really help me, and this is it!!!

This is my first bottle, but i don't have too much product left, and i'll definitely repurchase it again!!! It's a little bit pricey, but it's worth it!!! I have seen so much improvement in my skin and now the dark spots are almost invisible in such a short time.
sam 🌷.
Houston , TX
Guys! So I got myself a LED mirror and I wanted to die whenever I started noticing how many age/sun spots I had! I honestly believed they were just freckles but no honey lol! I went to work (Sephora) and started asking around what serums, moisturizers I should use and sure enough, this products came about. I took a sample, enough to use for a week or so and i noticed such a difference within a couple of days! I used as directed and I guess since it’s a serum, it really penetrated into my skin so quickly! I was amazed. From then on, I highly recommended it to my clients whose main skin concerns were age and sun spots! I must add, you definitely need to use an spf with this product or else you will not improve as quickly as you’d like.
Jalissa Q.
Harvey, LA
I have tried this product multiple times with no results at all. As I stated before in my last Murad product review, I used to work for Massage Envy and received a ton of Dr Murad products to sample. I wanted to try this one for some dark spots I had on my face left over from acne. I applied every night for a month with no result. I went to purchase the full product which was $40 and continued for 2 more months with no result. I would apply on my dark spots every night. It would make my face super oily and leave a white residue. This product did not work for me at all. 🤷🏾‍♀️
Tula C.
I got the full size after I had used a trial size product which faded sun spots on my face in a week. Interestingly enough, I couldn't get the same results from the full size, but it could be my fault since I don't use every night. I don't like the sticky feeling on my face and the smell especially if I use another product right after. If I wait about 5 to 10 mins and then use the other product I put on my face, feeling and the smell is more bearable. I recommend others to try a sample first before purchase the full size since it is not that cheap.
tricia e.
Los Angeles
I developed dark spots on my cheeks when I was pregnant. I finally decided I needed to minimize them and mix up my skin care routine. After some research, this seemed like the best choice. I used this am & pm for 3 months, and I noticed a big difference within 1 month of use. In month 4 I use it in pm only. And recently I’ve gotten so many compliments on my skin tone. Some asked me what I was doing because they wanted to to the same. The brown spots are very faint (not completely gone). This is such a big improvement from 4 months ago. This product was so worth the cost. I have been so happy that now I’m exploring other Murad products.
Perry B.
San Antonio, TX
BEST PRODUCT FOR DARK SPOTS! If you suffer from hyper pigmentation and dark spots like me, you need this! Every time I get a pimple, whether I mess with it or not, it leaves a dark spot. I use this and within a couple of days the dark spot is gone! Spots that I previously had for months will disappear within days of using this! It is my holy grail and has changed my skin so much. I can’t live without this and I highly recommend. Although pricey, it is absolutely worth every penny!
Jennifer K.
I recently purchased this product for the first time because a) I've taken an advanced interest in saving/protecting my skin, and b) it was on sale. I wanted a serum that would target the dark spots I've accumulated because of the sun, acne, and hormones. It was kind of expensive, but I really wanted to try it.

Upon first use, I immediately liked it. It has very little, if any fragrance at all, and does not feel sticky like other serums I've used in the past. It dries immediately, and when used with a moisturizer, does not feel heavy on my skin. I was really skeptical about their claim to diminish dark spots (I've been disappointed by similar products in the past), but I've immediately noticed a difference...not a complete removal, but a lightening/fading of the spots. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this progresses with use. The only reason I didn't give it a full five stars is because I've only been using this product for a couple days....but so far I'm happy! I will definitely spend the money and continue to purchase this product if it continues to provide satisfying results!

Nicole T.
Winchester
I was unsure of this product because I had never used the brand but when I received a trial size of it in a Sephora gift bag I was more than happy to try it. First night I put it on before bed and I have been in love since. It smells wonderful, does not leave the skin oily even after all night, Every morning that I woke up using this, my face was always tightened and clear. Let’s just say I was upset when I ran out :)
Missy R.
Blaine, MN
Did anyone else get an ugly rash from this?
Lauren A.
Los Angeles , Ca
Has anyone had any success with this product and if so how long until you saw results.
Safeena V.
Coquitlam, BC
Is this worth the price?
Julie R.
Winnipeg, MB
Roughly how long has it taken you guys to reduce pigmentation of #agespots using #Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening serum? What is the longest amount of time before you give up on an age spot product to try another brand?
Lisa M.
Colorado Spgs, CO
What other product would you recommend if this one doesn't work?