BY MURAD #13 in Acne Treatments

This product provides on-the-spot control the moment you feel a blemish developing. A powerful formula reduces the appearance of breakouts while supporting natural healing with anti-inflammatory ingredients to soothe and reduce redness. Its convenient size makes it easy to provide extra attention to a stubborn blemish anytime, anywhere.

• I have been looking for a product that helps fight little acne sp...1 Answers
  • Has anyone used this for acne related to birth co...Be the first to answer!
  • Can anyone tell me how good this works? I’ve been wanting to try ...3 Answers
Barbi P.
Barbi P.
Centennial, CO
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is it! I have hormone induced acne that nothing seems to really fix (meds, products, lifestyle). I get a handful cystic zits every month without fail. After trying many products I felt like pretty much any product with the max active ingredient was the same. Then I got a sample of this and I was hooked. It dries my zits up faster than anything else and I can see a noticeable difference the next morning. It is fairly intense so I only use it directly on the effected area and I use it at night and try to be kind to my face while I use it (less irritants and harsh products). A tube will last me close to a year when used just on the areas I need. Very much worth the money.
Katherine C.
Katherine C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
So I really wanted this product to work for me because I wanted to use something I. Ould wear throughout my normal day to treat pesky breakouts. Most of what I've used already had some sort of color to it that would make it impossible to use so I figured this would be perfect... Wrong ( - for my skin at least) it created a burning sensation , and I thought omg i feel it working. But nope it was actually burning my skin I developed red, burnt/itchy marks everywhere in which I had put the product. I tried it again just to be completely sure and same results. Really suggest patch testing so this horrific experience doesn't happen to you . I really wanted to love it:/
Lauline G.
Lauline G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've been on the hunt for a "stronger" acne spot treatment because for the first time ever I've had some pretty intense breakouts. Clearasil and over the counter products at drugstores were just not doing the trick. I found the Murad acne spot treatment and I'm hooked. I've been using it for the past couple of days and so far my breakouts have minimized. Only negative is that it is very drying on the skin so I suggest you only apply a small dot of this on your problem areas and use a quality hydration-gel as a moisturizer!
Karin T.
Karin T.
Arlington, VA
I used the whole Murad skin care set when I had severe acne, and this product was really great. This product isn't as harsh as benzoyl peroxide and won't stain pillow cases or clothes. I've continued using this after I ran out of my set and repurchased the full size. I wish it was an instant overnight fix (but that seems like a dream), but do feel like it works over a few days of applying morning and night. It also doesn't have a weird or very strong scent, which I appreciate
LaLa N.
LaLa N.
Morgan Hill, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
If I could give this negative stars I would! I was really excited to try this product out after all of the good things you hear about Murad. I have combo-oily skin. I had two pimples, the directions said to place on the area 1-3 times a day or as needed. SO i placed a bit on each one once a night for 3 days. It did not get rid of them but made my skin so dry it felt like scales!!! It took a WEEK of moisture masks and extra nourishing lotion to get my skin back to normal.
Elayna R.
Elayna R.
This product has definitely saved my skin! I use to have acne EVERYWHERE!! and you use to be able to see the little bumps on my skin through my makeup.. and I've been using this for about a year now.. and my skin has cleared up so much since then!! I get compliments on my skin now!! Just give it time, it works! It does dry out your skin if you use a lot of the product, but I mean that's just how any other acne products w/ salycic acid are. Works great
Amanda H.
Amanda H.
Burlington, VT
This is the best! If you feel a pimple coming on and you know you have a special event coming up and you want to nip it in the bud, this is the product for you. It will stop your acne dead in its tracks! HOWEVER, it is very strong and overuse can result in dry and reddened skin or a rash. Use with caution and sparingly--it is powerful and effective ( the body wash version is great for body acne and sweat rash as well!)
Robin C.
Robin C.
Worth, IL
Murad is a top grade brand for facial products. Acne spot treatment is the best one. I have bad acne all over my face and chest. As soon as I see one pop up, I put a dot of this on it twice a day and it's gone in 3 day! I know that it costs 20 dollars but it is worth every penny. It takes me about 4 to 6 months to go through this tiny bottle too. Do yourself a favor and go get yourself some of this magical cream.
Sydney S.
Sydney S.
Trinity, AL
Beauty Junkie Expert
When I first got this product I bought it in a bundle deal. I don't read where it clearly says it's a spot treatment. Without realizing this information I put it all over my face. I woke up the next morning to dry peeling skin that was blood red. Around 5 days later my skin was back to normal. When I began to break out I used it as directed and it completely changed my skin! Couldn't live without this product!!!
Anjelica F.
Anjelica F.
Sandston, VA
I have received samples from sephora of the Spot Treatment about 7 months ago when I was having terrible breakouts. I used this product at night after I cleansed my face. Over the course of a week it visibly lessened the size of each blemish and dried them out . The tenderness of the blemishes also decreased with product. I will say it did tingle a littlw bit but the results were wonderful .
Chanel R.
Chanel R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
So I have very sensitive skin. And I've plenty reviews on murad, but I am skeptical to try it. I know it has sylica acid, my question is does this irritate skin with semi acne? And lots of black heads? And open pore? Is it gentle on the skin?
Angie G.
Angie G.
Windber, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Where could you buy this at
Carly C.
Carly C.
Arlington, VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have heard a lot of people raving about this product, but I know that it is pretty expensive for a fairly small amount of product. Is it worth the price?
mia S.
mia S.
Do I have to use this product with the facial soap?
Maggie A.
Maggie A.
Bedford, NS
Does this work well? I struggle with finding the right product to clear my acne.