BY MUCINEX #6 in Cough, Cold, & Flu

One day it’s a wet cough. The next day it’s a dry cough. Some days it’s both. Whichever you’re dealing with, relief has arrived with Mucinex® DM. The immediate-release layer starts to work quickly, while the extended-release layer of the unique bi-layer tablet works for 12 hours.

• Does this take the place of say Tylenol cold or can I take this w...2 Answers
  • Are these available over the counter or do you need to go to the ...10 Answers
  • How well does this work for cough? Does it work for both wet and ...2 Answers
Mucinex DM Cough & Chest Congestion Tablets
  • "This really works very well.The pharmacy recommended it as being as strong as most prescriptions.Loosens all the yuck in your chest so you can get rid of it but also keeps you from having coughing fits." in 17 reviews
  • "I keep this in my medicine cabinet all year round, because once i'm sick, i'm out for around a week and this works great!" in 8 reviews
  • "I had taken everything I could think of then someone told me to try this and it's now my go to medicine when I get sick." in 8 reviews
  • "Exactly 12 hours after he took them (like the smart butt he was not listening to the directions) he felt completely normal like nothing had ever happened, as if it was all a dream." in 7 reviews
  • "I get it prescribed from my physican so I can avoid purchasing it and save the money but it's my go to with sinus infections!" in 6 reviews
Kaaitlynn S.
Philadelphia, PA
This is my all time favorite medicine when I have a chest congestion and all that nasty mucus. It definitely helps break down my mucus which makes it a lot easier to get up so I'm not straining my lungs coughing so much. I definitely recommend this to anyone who has chest congestion and mucus ! Definitely worth the money.
Katelynn S.
Punxsutawney , PA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I was recommended this product by my doctor, but it left me really messed me up. I'm a fairly small person and I think the dosage was just way too high for me. I had to switch to a different Mucinex product that had less of the active ingredient. If you are small or sensitive to medicines, I would not recommend this product.
Bethany L.
Pittsburgh, PA
The reason for 3 stars is that this product is almost redundant, confirmed by my PCP. The expectorant in the medication prevents your body from expelling that mucus by coughing but other medications in the Mucinex break up the mucus which needs to be expelled by coughing. . It does reduce symptoms but instead of paying more for the DM you are better off with just the Mucinex D and a supplemental cough syrup or cough drop
Kelli K.
Marble, NC
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I bought this product because I had a cough and i wanted to see if this product would help. The box says instant and extended relief for 12 hours. This product did not help with my cough immediately it actually made me cough more but later on in the day my cough did go away, not sure if it was because of the medicine or if the medicine made the cough worse. Every time I would take the medicine my cough would start back up again.
J v.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Last winter i got so sick and did not have insurance at the time. I had horrible congestion to the point that i really should of went into the emergency room. I could not breathe because i have asthma and i definitely could not sleep for about 3 days straight. THESE PILLS WERE GOD SENT!
Wanda T.
Elizabeth, NJ
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
so i been sick these pass days and lemme tell you how this medicine is a life savveeeerrr ! bought one for my kids and the flavors provided for them areeee so yummy! best for congestion , it helps you breath and feel like you dont have a flu :D a very satisfied customer
Amanda W.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
This is very helpful for when you are sick as well as during allergy season! I get sick a lot because of my allergies and this product works so well. It really gets rid of congestion and makes it a lot easier to breathe. I am very satisfied with this product!
Nikki C.
Murfreesboro, TN
I often lose all hope and get frustrated when I come down with a cold because nothing works for me. When I found this product and it finally worked, I was so thankful.
Jess K.
Astoria, NY
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I swear by this stuff. It’s one of the strongest over the counter cold medicines I’ve ever tried. It can take away a cold for me sometimes in just 4 days. A lot of urgent care drs recommend it so I always have it in my cabinet.
Tori K.
By far the best cold medicine out there. I call it the miracle drug and recommend it to anyone I can. When I take it I feel like I was never even sick in the first place it's crazy. Highly recommend
Deborah N.
Clayton, GA
DOES MUCINEX DM WORK FOR 12 HOURS FOR EVERYONE?
Lynthia S.
Macon, GA
Has anyone tried the cough syrup?
Jen T.
Arlington, VA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Are these available over the counter or do you need to go to the pharmacist?
Elise B.
Charlotte, MI
Liquid or pills?
Jeany H.
CAN YOU TAKE MUCINEXDM IF YOUR PREGNANT?