BY MUCINEX #2 in Cough, Cold, & Flu

One day it’s a wet cough. The next day it’s a dry cough. Some days it’s both. Whichever you’re dealing with, relief has arrived with Mucinex®DM. The immediate-release layer starts to work quickly, while the extended-release layer of the unique bi-layer tablet works for 12 hours.

Active Ingredients: In Each Extended-Release Bi-Layer Tablet: Dextromethorphan HBr (30 mg), Guaifenesin (600 mg).

Storage Instructions:

Store at 68-77 degrees F (20-25 degrees C).

Usage Information:

Directions: Do not crush, chew, or break tablet. Take with a full glass of water. This product can be administered without regard for timing of meals. Adults and Children 12 Years and Older: 1 or 2 tablets every 12 hours; not more than 4 tablets in 24 hours. Children Under 12 Years of Age: Do not use.

• Does this take the place of say Tylenol cold or can I tak...3 Answers
  • Are these available over the counter or do you need to go...11 Answers
  • How well does this work for cough? Does it work for both ...3 Answers
Kaaitlynn S.
Philadelphia, PA
This is my all time favorite medicine when I have a chest congestion and all that nasty mucus. It definitely helps break down my mucus which makes it a lot easier to get up so I'm not straining my lungs coughing so much. I definitely recommend this to anyone who has chest congestion and mucus ! Definitely worth the money.
Katelynn S.
Punxsutawney , PA
I was recommended this product by my doctor, but it left me really messed me up. I'm a fairly small person and I think the dosage was just way too high for me. I had to switch to a different Mucinex product that had less of the active ingredient. If you are small or sensitive to medicines, I would not recommend this product.
Elizabeth M.
Huntington , WV
Purchased at: Target
If you can’t get rid of the congested nose, this is amazing. I will get all clogged up and need something good to help. Mucinex works magic. It doesn’t make me sleepy either! My whole family loves this for stuffy noses and congestion.
I have never had an allergic reaction before to any food or medicine. I felt light headed after I took it and woke up the next morning, 12 hours after taking with with painful, puffy eyes that were difficult to open due to swelling and I had painful pinpricks all over my body. I also had intense hives for 4 days and after 7days the hives are almost gone. The puffy eyes lasted three days. Mucinex did not provide relief from my bronchitis. From research it seems many people have suffered negative side effects from this drug. I would not recommend taking it. It’s not worth the risk.
sonja B.
Longview
Purchased at: Walmart
Oh yes this product works to control coughs,loosens mucus with extended release being a school Teacher this really helps keep the cough suppressant at bay when your dealing with 25 different germs daily..xoxo it
Lauren R.
expensive but does the job. really helps break up mucus and worked within the 12 hours i took them. i don’t feel as if it lasted long, but it did help break up and shortened my cold.
Becky Q.
Livingston
Purchased at: Walmart
This is the best form of mucinex. At last for 12 hours but works quickly. It relieves the pressure in my chest. And makes coughing more productive. The pill is quite large.
Cassie R.
Beaver Falls, PA
Purchased at: Walmart
This stuff is like magic. I always have stuffed up sinuses. This gets all the mucus and stuffyness out. Its also great when sinuses are swollen and there's pressure.
Amanda W.
This is very helpful for when you are sick as well as during allergy season! I get sick a lot because of my allergies and this product works so well. It really gets rid of congestion and makes it a lot easier to breathe. I am very satisfied with this product!
Susanne T.
Carson City
Excellent for fighting off cold or early flu symptoms. I recommend it highly especially for chest congestion. I have asthma and cannot afford to get pneumonia so I have to kick a cold fast. This is my go to remedy!
Deborah N.
Clayton, GA
DOES MUCINEX DM WORK FOR 12 HOURS FOR EVERYONE?
Lynthia S.
Macon, GA
Has anyone tried the cough syrup?
Jen T.
Arlington, VA
Are these available over the counter or do you need to go to the pharmacist?
Elise B.
Charlotte, MI
Liquid or pills?
Jeany H.
CAN YOU TAKE MUCINEXDM IF YOUR PREGNANT?

Target