BY MUCINEX

600 mg Guaifenesin Extended-Release Tablets. see more...

Buy on Amazon
Lisa D.
Miramar, FL
I find that Mucinex is the best over-the-counter medication for congestion and colds. Most cold medicines only ease the symptoms of illness and don't actually treat the cold virus, so finding a medication that relieves congestion by thinning mucous is wonderful. The expectorant assists in ridding the body of excess mucous while easing the symptoms of the cold and/or cough. Be sure to drink plenty of water when taking this product, though, as it's essential for the product to work...and additional water is good for you, anyway!
Jennifer Beard F.
Columbia, TN
I don't get sick often, but when I do its always a doozie. When I do get a cold, there is always the third or fourth day that it seems to move to my chest. I take mucinex and it helps break up any congestion that has settled there. Now this may sound gross; but I would be able to expel that crud as quickly and get over the cold faster if it weren't for mucinex.
Mary M.
Henrico, Va
This is the best OTC medicine if you have a cough that is tight, just make sure you drink plenty of water or it doesn't work as well.
machelle n.
I have used this product many times I really does help get all the yukky flem up when I'm sick..I would recommend this product !