Mr. Selfridge
  • "i've just started watching this show and am very interested to see where it goes." in 1 review
  • "It's a good show but I didn't really get sucked into it like I have with other shows." in 1 review
Katy A.
Doral, FL
As the old saying goes.. What the previous bad reviewers of this series are watching or expect, god alone knows!! This really is an excellent series! Brilliant acting, well scripted and directed and a great story to boot! Also, regarding Jeremy Priven, I personally think he is perfect playing the roll of the flamboyant American entrepreneur in a rather stayed post Edwardian London. Bearing all this in mind,Please don't allow the tiny number of pathetic, sad, need a life, armchair critics on here sway you from watching it. As you can certainly see yourself from the amount of people who truly don't agree their comments,they are definitely in the minority on this one!
Anna M.
Greenville , SC
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Last year my co-worker and I got hooked onto this show. The characters are interesting and deep. The acting is wonderful. The history of department stores during that time is so interesting. The relationships. *sigh* If you like period dramas, I really think you will like it!
Cara P.
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
It's a good show but I didn't really get sucked into it like I have with other shows. Watched the first season, which was pretty good and I would be willing to watch more. Would recommend this if you like British period pieces like Downton Abbey.
Amber K.
Covington , KY
I love this show!!! Such a beautifully written show, having grown up shopping at Miss Selfridges and Selfridges alike with my family this show makes me long for home. It is a wonderful depiction of the time and the history of the store.
Tara P.
O Fallon, IL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I love this show!! Mr. Selfridge looks just like my sister's boyfriend. It's hilarious. Jeremy Piven is an excellent actor and I just moved from England so it's all very real!
Heather H.
Bridgetown, NS
I've just started watching this show and am very interested to see where it goes. First fell in love with Jeremy Piven in the movie PCU. If you enjoy shows like Downton Abbey you are sure to enjoy this one!