BY BOOKS ALL PUBLISHER TITLES

Mr. Popper's Penguins is one of the handful of American books for children that has attained the status of a classic. First published in 1938, this story of a housepainter who is sent a male penguin by the great Admiral Drake, and who, thanks to the arrival of a female penguin, soon has twelve penguins living in his house, has amused and enchanted generations of children and their parents. see more...

Mr. Popper's Penguins (Anniversary) (Hardcover)
  • "I remember reading this book as a child back in elementary school." in 1 review
  • "I absolutely loved this book!" in 1 review
Anndria T.
This is an excellent inspirational book for all ages. It can be read to young children and can be enjoyed by teens and adults. I think the story line is fun and intriguing. I highly recommend this book to everyone and it can be purchased at Barnes and Nobles.
Holly S.
Shakopee, MN
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I thought this book was so funny and very creative. I would recommend this book.
Mandy M.
Pea Ridge , AR
Love it! Great book for kids! My kids loved to read and this is a fun book. Entertaining and enjoyable.
Chantal S.
This is just a classic book! I remember my grade 2 teacher reading this to me and I just absolutely loved it!! Was thrilled when the movie came out but definitely felt like the book was so much better!
Baileigh A.
Evanston, WY
I remember resting this book as a kid. Now working in education, it's still being used. This is a fun book for young readers.
Stephanie M.
Colonia
This was a great book to read growing up and I know I read it multiple times. It's very engaging and an easy read. I can't remember if it was a mandatory book in school or I read it for fun, but it really stuck with me.
Marlet F.
Owww!! This one is so funny!! Me and my little brothers really like it. I'll give it 5 stars 😍😍
Ali F.
Green Bay, WI
I love this book and have since the first time it was presented to me in elementary school. The story is very unique and also covers a lot of technology that younger generations have no idea about such as ice boxes and using actual cubes of ice to keep food and penguins chilled.
Kenzie M.
This book was a nice read when i was younger, don't remember much about it though, sadly
Giselle B.
Pembroke Pines, FL
I LOVE penguins, so this was easily a contender for my favorite book as a child. The movie doesn't follow the plot line very well. Here, Mr. Popper is a poor house painter that gets some penguins as a surprise. What he does with them and how his kids react is heartwarming.
Marlet F.
Where can I find it?
Victoria G.
Quitman , LA
I didn't even know this was a book I have just seen the movie that's crazy is it better or the same? The movie was great
Morgan D.
I was wondering if anyone else out there watchd the movie and loved it but when reading the book hated it? #GottaloveJimCarey