BY BOOKS ALL PUBLISHER TITLES

Mr. Popper's Penguins is one of the handful of American books for children that has attained the status of a classic. First published in 1938, this story of a housepainter who is sent a male penguin by the great Admiral Drake, and who, thanks to the arrival of a female penguin, soon has twelve penguins living in his house, has amused and enchanted generations of children and their parents. see more...

Mr. Popper's Penguins (Anniversary) (Hardcover)
  • "I remember reading this book as a child back in elementary school." in 1 review
  • "I absolutely loved this book!" in 1 review
Ali F.
Green Bay, WI
I love this book and have since the first time it was presented to me in elementary school. The story is very unique and also covers a lot of technology that younger generations have no idea about such as ice boxes and using actual cubes of ice to keep food and penguins chilled.
Stephanie M.
Colonia
This was a great book to read growing up and I know I read it multiple times. It's very engaging and an easy read. I can't remember if it was a mandatory book in school or I read it for fun, but it really stuck with me.
Giselle B.
Pembroke Pines, FL
I LOVE penguins, so this was easily a contender for my favorite book as a child. The movie doesn't follow the plot line very well. Here, Mr. Popper is a poor house painter that gets some penguins as a surprise. What he does with them and how his kids react is heartwarming.
Krista P.
Highland , IL
I was surprised to learn that this book has been around for decades and I hadn't heard of it until recent years.

This story made me smile - what's a man to do with a house full of penguins?! It's a hilarious story, and written in a way that makes it simple to follow.
Anndria T.
This is an excellent inspirational book for all ages. It can be read to young children and can be enjoyed by teens and adults. I think the story line is fun and intriguing. I highly recommend this book to everyone and it can be purchased at Barnes and Nobles.
Lynda T.
I remember loving this story as a child, and doing one of my first book reports on it! I just recently purchased a copy to read with my kids, I hope they love it as much as I did!
Amanda N.
What a delightfully, whimsical tale. I remember reading this over and over. It was so fun the way Mr. Popper interacted with animals. A child's fantasy world, for sure.
Tori M.
Morgantown , KY
I remember reading this book in elementary school. Then I also remember my sister reading it during elementary school. This book was amazing we both loved it
Emily L.
Irving, TX
I love this book. I read it as a kid & now I use it with my students in speech therapy. I love when they make books like these into beautiful hardcovers
Shannon C.
So so fun. If your imagination needs a pick me up, this is a great book for the job. I remember thinking how cool it would have been to have penguins!
Marlet F.
Where can I find it?
Victoria G.
Quitman , LA
I didn't even know this was a book I have just seen the movie that's crazy is it better or the same? The movie was great
Morgan D.
I was wondering if anyone else out there watchd the movie and loved it but when reading the book hated it? #GottaloveJimCarey